Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Lucas Biglia

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Does anyone think we can pull off a 3-5-2 ala Napoli?

Robinho (El Shaarawy) - Ibrahimovic (Pato)

Boateng (Cassano)

Taiwo - Seedorf (Aquilani) - Van Bommel (Nocerino) - Abate

Silva - Nesta - Mexes

Abbiati​

I think, it is worth a try given our current personnel. Taiwo is probably our best crosser of the ball and a lesser defensive responsibility would mean he can concentrate more on attack. But this would also mean that Abate has to improve on his attacking.

Robinho = Lavezzi (Similar roles in the team)

Ibrahimovic = Cavani (Could be kinda unconvincing considering Cavani moves around a lot and whether Pato would be better suited for the role)

Boateng = Hamsik (If only because both players are kind of direct in their attacking approach)

Seedorf = Inler (Creative yet defensively adept)

Van Bommel = Gargano (destroyer type tasked with breaking up plays while also being a decent passer)

Taiwo = Zuniga

Abate = Maggio

Of course, I don't mean that the players would be exactly similar, but more of having similar roles in the team. I know Inter tanked with their 3-5-2 but unlike them, I do think we have the personnel for it. I think it is worth a try against the small teams atleast....

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
@Ash,

I've given thought to the 3-4-2-1/3-4-1-2 or any variation of the 3-5-2 but our main problem will be up front with Ibra, he isnt suited for this kind of formation.

The defense would look solid, experience of Nesta and Mexes would go very well with the brilliance of Silva and the wing-backs are fine as well. Abate has been defensively disciplined by Allegri/Tassoti and the only issue he would have is his inability to attack properly, still feel that his running at players on the flank/putting in cross are very under par. As for Taiwo, its the opposite, his attacking skills are of good value but his defensive positioning is pretty weak atm. Not saying that they cant improve, of course they can but for the moment its a no go for Taiwo, Abate would probably manage.

In midfield most of the problems will occur, this type of formation relies on the defensive responsibility of the 2 CMs, one of which as you mentioned could be a destroyer [Gargano] and the other a sort of good passer of the ball [Inler] and in our case as you posted it could be MvB and Seedorf [Aquilani]. Now imagine this, Taiwo attacking on that left wing and he gets tackled off the ball and they break from that side, do you really think two 34+ year olds can contain that counter? I certainly dont and Aquilani isnt meant for that kind of role either. Keeping MvB and a younger/more energetic Nocerino could pull it off but they would have the same issue Napoli had last year with play any two from Yebda/Gargano/Pazienza and in big games, the midfield couldn't sustain pressure nor could their wing backs [refer to matches against Udinese]

We would really need better personnel for such a formation, specially at CM. Needs to be a combo who are well accustomed to the flat 4.4.2 for example, both should be able to do the dirty work and one has to be able to pass the ball properly. This is the issue that Napoli have corrected this season by getting Inler. We would need to correct the same issue before implementing this system.

In attack its very simple, flog Ibra and that system could work, put Robinho and Boateng/some other attacking mid behind Pato and it will be sweet. SES92 could play in that role pretty well too I think. Ibra as the lone ranger upfront in this system is a disaster waiting to happen, he will slow things down when he received the ball and wont even make enough runs, its will probably turn in to a long ball style of game. No need for this system for that to happen, it can be done now, put Seedorf at LCM and Ibra as CF.

With our current side it definitely wont work and Allegri doesnt seem like the flexible, risk taker kind. We would need to make improvements in personnel to make it work.

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
@Ash,

I've given thought to the 3-4-2-1/3-4-1-2 or any variation of the 3-5-2 but our main problem will be up front with Ibra, he isnt suited for this kind of formation.

Why do you think so?

Ibra's main issue is when he's isolated as a lone forward. He doesn't move enough IMO and he's slowish on ball for a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 type of look. He gets too isolated. It's when there's a 2 striker system or players close to him, he thrives w/ his link up play.

The idea of a 3 man w/ wingbacks higher up would benefit him cause he can work with wide service. There are few who are better at chesting down longballs/crosses and controlling them, flicking it on to other forward or shooting himself.

What I'd worry about with Ibra is like a 4-3-3 with wide wings

I still like the idea of moving Thiago to midfield and mexes to defense and creating a fluid system which interchanges between a 4 man, a 3 man with silva dropping back etc.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Why do you think so?
I still like the idea of moving Thiago to midfield and mexes to defense and creating a fluid system which interchanges between a 4 man, a 3 man with silva dropping back etc.

I'm sorry but I just don't see the potential of Thiago being a good/decent midfield at all. He couldn't distribute the ball the well except some long balls. That was really proved the last season especially in the match vs Tottenham. He's just an awesome defender and that's it ;). That's where we need him

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I'm sorry but I just don't see the potential of Thiago being a good/decent midfield at all. He couldn't distribute the ball the well except some long balls. That was really proved the last season especially in the match vs Tottenham. He's just an awesome defender and that's it ;). That's where we need him

you know for a guy who 'couldn't distribute the ball' he did lead the team in passes, passes completed and balls recovered the weeks he played midfield, so I don't see a major problem.

no denying he was missing some of subtleties of midfield. But that's normal considering it was makeshift.

The midfield is so porous, and with Mexes coming back, we got a quality Cb, i still think it's absolutely worth it.

This midfield is so shitty, we can't hold a ball for more than 2 passes and MVB has been pretty disappointing, it's forcing our defense to be on it's backheels all match. Thiago in a more advanced position will help that.

Gazetta agrees too :o
prima_pagina_grande1-204x300.png

The only problem with Thiago at DM was lack of depth at CB. Mexes would help that.

LoLInter

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Cavani, Ibra, Totti, Gattuso, Del Piero, T.Silva, Nesta, Lampard, El Shaarawy
you know for a guy who 'couldn't distribute the ball' he did lead the team in passes, passes completed and balls recovered the weeks he played midfield, so I don't see a major problem.

no denying he was missing some of subtleties of midfield. But that's normal considering it was makeshift.

The midfield is so porous, and with Mexes coming back, we got a quality Cb, i still think it's absolutely worth it.

This midfield is so shitty, we can't hold a ball for more than 2 passes and MVB has been pretty disappointing, it's forcing our defense to be on it's backheels all match. Thiago in a more advanced position will help that.

Gazetta agrees too :o
prima_pagina_grande1-204x300.png

The only problem with Thiago at DM was lack of depth at CB. Mexes would help that.

Problem is that Nesta needs to be rested (and will probably need more rest as the season passes by) so our CB pair would consist of what exactly? Yepes - Mexes with Silva as DM? I don't know how fast Mexes is but it feels like that would be kinda hard on the counters against fast paced teams. Silva is basically what keeps us from being countered to death when we face these kind of teams.

Might work against teams like Chievo Verona and Bologna but I have a hard-time seeing it working against bigger, better and faster teams.

Patri

Kallappam-pothu
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Gennaro Ivan Gattuso
I think something along the lines of:

-------------------Pato
----------Robinho-Cassano
-------Seed/Aqua-Bom/Boa
Taiwo--------------------------Abate
----------Nesta-Silva-Mexes

could work quite well. Not necessarily move Silva into midfield, but give him the freedom to push up a little when we are in possession and our fullbacks have pushed up. Abate and Taiwo would also have the pace and stamina to get back quickly if needed.

We could have it such that when we are in possession on the left, Taiwo pushes up, Abate pushes up when the ball is in possession on our right, and they are both slightly deep when the ball is with Seedorf or Bommel, as that would give them space in front of them to run into.

Robinho has the dribbling to trouble defences, play the quick one-two with Pato or Cassano and move in towards goal. Few can pick a pass like Cassano. So that would also be of good up front without hogging the ball ala Ibra.

We would have a fluid system like the rest of the European elite. I mean, there is no big team in Europe that can now afford to play with an ultra rigid attack like the one we have (think Real, Barca, ManU, Bayern, etc.) right now. It just doesn't work that way anymore, I guess. At least, we don't have the players. Our advantage would mostly have to be tactical.

Yes, it'd push Ibra to the bench, but this is just a basic idea. Allegri should be able to work Ibra in, just as he could put Boateng in place of Cassano for defensive stabillity if need be.

Taiwo and Abate would push high up the pitch to give us width. Another potential advantage with this would be that it would give us width in possession, meaning that it would be easier to hold on to possession. Our lack of wide outlets is also a major reason for our difficulty in holding on to possession, I think. I mean, when Seedorf or Boss is under pressure in midfield when they are in possession, there isn't a wide player they could pass the ball to, and ends up having to make midfield splitting passes to our attackers, which is a much more difficult pass to make, making them more vulnerable to losing the ball to the opposition. The other option they'd have is to pass to the centre backs, which is useless to our attacking scheme of things. Instead, if we have fullbacks that can push up, that is one more option for our central midfielders when they are under pressure, and there tends to be more space out wide, making it an easier pass to make.

And before pointing to Inter's failure with a similar setup, take a moment to think about their personnel. They had fucking Chivu at centre back and Sneidjer at central midfield (?), and their wingbacks were a lot slower than ours would be, in getting back to defend. And that is before considering our attacking talent, experience and pace. Just an idea.. :)

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
A simple reason why 3-man defence would be difficult to execute for the current squad is that Abate, Zambrotta, Taiwo et al aren't really as good as the players you require to pull it off. Wingbacks are the most crucial elements - they need to lead counters, defend against wing forwards and help out in the midfield as well. They need to rapidly transition between the things they need to do - like Maggio does. If you have such wingbacks, you almost always end up with a numerical advantage vs the opposite team in every part of the pitch, no matter what formation they play (Unless it is the same, obviously). Classic example was the City vs Napoli game.

Abate and Zambrotta are most certainly not good enough as wingbacks. I haven't seen enough of Taiwo, but I really doubt if he is. If we play against City with these guys instead of Maggio/Zuniga, Silva, Nasri, Aguero would most likely have a field day.

Last edited:

Fiero

Reaction score
A simple reason why 3-man defence would be difficult to execute for the current squad is that Abate, Zambrotta, Taiwo et al aren't really as good as the players you require to pull it off. Wingbacks are the most crucial elements - they need to lead counters, defend against wing forwards and help out in the midfield as well. They need to rapidly transition between the things they need to do - like Maggio does. If you have such wingbacks, you almost always end up with a numerical advantage vs the opposite team in every part of the pitch, no matter what formation they play (Unless it is the same, obviously). Classic example was the City vs Napoli game.

Abate and Zambrotta are most certainly not good enough as wingbacks. I haven't seen enough of Taiwo, but I really doubt if he is. If we play against City with these guys instead of Maggio/Zuniga, Silva, Nasri, Aguero would most likely have a field day.

Spot on. Also Milan don't have a CM duo that are comfortable in both attack and defense. van Bommel is too slow imo to play that far forward but okay let's say him and partnered with whom? Seedorf? Would be the slowest CM duo in Europe. Nocerino? Too dumb, won't take the ball forward. Aquilani? Doubt he has the legs to handle that much defensive burden along with the attacking duties. Emanuelson/Boateng? Yeah right.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Problem is that Nesta needs to be rested (and will probably need more rest as the season passes by) so our CB pair would consist of what exactly? Yepes - Mexes with Silva as DM? I don't know how fast Mexes is but it feels like that would be kinda hard on the counters against fast paced teams. Silva is basically what keeps us from being countered to death when we face these kind of teams.

Might work against teams like Chievo Verona and Bologna but I have a hard-time seeing it working against bigger, better and faster teams.

Which is why I don't think we should do it game in game out. But Mexes, if he returns to full health is too good to bench.

I'd say a 4 man rotation among 3 spots to keep botH MVB and Nesta fresh. When we rest MVB- move Thiag to midfield. Occasionally use all 4 and use MVB a little higher. Still think this is our best 11-

------------Zlatan
-------Robi--Boateng
-------MVB---See/Aqui
------------Thiago
Taiwo--Nesta--Mexes--Abate

Reaction score
i think u guys r underrating nocerino immensely i think hes bee one of our best players and he can easily replace gattuso and i think our main problem have van bommel and seedorf both look so much older then last year i think khedira would be an ideal signing and robinho can be our trequartista not boateng and im still undedcided on aquilani hes definatley not milan class and although montolivo is better i sdont want him but if we find a good spot to aquilani and give him more playing time he could be decrent

Reaction score
i also dont like cassano at all i know some of u might like him but i don mind him coming off the bench when we need a spark but hes too static and ithink it hurts ibras game when he doesnt have someone running around him even though he does have a few goals i just dont like him

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
i also dont like cassano at all i know some of u might like him but i don mind him coming off the bench when we need a spark but hes too static and ithink it hurts ibras game when he doesnt have someone running around him even though he does have a few goals i just dont like him

I feel the same, hes a great player to have in our team, thats not under question, but IMO, hes a worse version of the ronaldinho we had last season.

Plus juve are drawing 0-0, half played. Hopefully it can stay that way :D

Eccolo

Keep calm! Sell everyone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players
Really? Cassano moves alot more then Dinho ever did. Dont really get the notion that Cassano is lazy....

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
I feel the same, hes a great player to have in our team, thats not under question, but IMO, hes a worse version of the ronaldinho we had last season.

Plus juve are drawing 0-0, half played. Hopefully it can stay that way :D

Cassano actually moves you know

:head:

look

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Aquilani, van Bommel, Gennaro Ivan, Abate, Prince, Cassano, Mexes, Buffon, Matri, Quags, Ibra, Messi
Which is why I don't think we should do it game in game out. But Mexes, if he returns to full health is too good to bench.

I'd say a 4 man rotation among 3 spots to keep botH MVB and Nesta fresh. When we rest MVB- move Thiag to midfield. Occasionally use all 4 and use MVB a little higher. Still think this is our best 11-

------------Zlatan
-------Robi--Boateng
-------MVB---See/Aqui
------------Thiago
Taiwo--Nesta--Mexes--Abate

Boateng? For what? For offtarget shoots?:fp::thumbsdown:

Fiero

Reaction score

Important Notes:

- Please don't discuss any tactics that include non-Milan players. Only discuss players on our current roster as this isn't a transfer thread.

- Please, don't just suggest a formation. There is a particular thread for that. This thread is for tactics i.e. the strategy our team implements -or you think should implement- in attack and defense. This includes everything from attacking moves to defending set pieces. Posting "We should use 4-4-2" is not related to tactics.

- Please, quality posts only. Don't just say something for the sake of it, try to add quality.

Just sayin'.

Patri

Kallappam-pothu
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Gennaro Ivan Gattuso
If Ibra and Cassano are going to be our starting forwards this season, we could see a ton of a lot of goals from our midfielders this season. And just as I think of it, Nocerino completes his hat trick.. :)

Fiero

Reaction score
Loving the movement of the young guns. This teams just moves so well with one of Aquilani or Nocerino opening wide and the other pulling forward or staying back depending on the ball's position. While Ibra bullies defenses to open up space for Cassanata and Boateng to move, and it gets more beautiful when Abate and Taiwo overlap as well.

The rejuvenation for this team is in place and it's about time the likes of Pippo, Seedorf, Rino, and Ambro let go. Groundwork is in place, just two or three more players needed and this team would be ready to start another era for AC Milan.

Fiero

Reaction score
The big problem with all the movement Allegri created is that now there's no #9. Since Cassano's injury, Ibra has become an advanced trequartista/a withdrawn forward i.e. he doesn't stick to the box and his job isn't to finish. While Robinho isn't a finisher either and he drops off to the wings so there's nobody left in the box to finish chances.

This works okay when Nocerino or Aquilani get their scoring boots on, which let's be fair shouldn't be expected of them on weekly basis, and when Prince Boateng is on to finish off shit.

Yesterday was a typical Boateng game. Fiorentina closed down the wings well and so the team needed someone central to score. But Seedorf was only played in that position out of necessity as he can't pull Boateng's role off. He's more at home in midfield (which BTW I'd like to see a midfield pairing of Aquilani-Seedorf, more technique and better passing).

The movement is great and the team creates chances at will when everyone clicks. The problem is that there's no one to finish regularly. That's where a #9 comes in. I'm not sure whether Boateng should start vs Barcelona or Pato with Robinho and Ibra roaming behind him. It could be deadly and I'd go for it, especially as Boateng looks out of place in big games (vs teams that could string passes together).

What I'd like to see experimented (vs Barca and in the league) is:

Pato

Robinho - Ibra

Seedorf -------- Aquilani

Van Bommel​

Though vs Barcelona I'd probably use Boateng instead of Seedorf as he could run more and is more aggressive. Though Allegri will go for Nocerino, but I really think he's being overrated. Yeah he runs a lot and of course his spirit is great, but how many balls does he win back? how many assists or chances does he create? He's not as effective as some believe.

Bottom line is the team moves greater than ever now with Ibra's new role, but there's no one in the box to finish. One of Boateng and Robinho has to be sacrificed for Pato.

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
Nocerino is defnitely overrated and we cant have Milan start such a technically limited midfielder. Aquilani is not good enough to handle the creative burden alone. Need someone else , who is adept at keeping the ball in midfield. Montolivo is better than noce but i was hoping we get a world class midfielder instead. Someone like a modric ..

Fiero

Reaction score
Nocerino is defnitely overrated and we cant have Milan start such a technically limited midfielder. Aquilani is not good enough to handle the creative burden alone. Need someone else , who is adept at keeping the ball in midfield. Montolivo is better than noce but i was hoping we get a world class midfielder instead. Someone like a modric ..

Milan can start a technically limited midfielder and in fact it did for longer than a decade, his name was Rino Gattuso. The problem is Nocerino isn't half the player Gattuso is defensively, he doesn't have his intelligence nor does he intercept enough balls.

About Montolivo, this thread is to discuss the current players only. You have tons of other players to discuss transfer fantasies. Thanks. :)

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
Milan can start a technically limited midfielder and in fact it did for longer than a decade, his name was Rino Gattuso. The problem is Nocerino isn't half the player Gattuso is defensively, he doesn't have his intelligence nor does he intercept enough balls.

About Montolivo, this thread is to discuss the current players only. You have tons of other players to discuss transfer fantasies. Thanks. :)

Rino was a brilliant player and he was our only ball winner. His selection was justified as we started pirlo and seedorf in the other positions. But if our current tactics require us to have a defensive minded anchor then a player like nocerino who isnt defensively excellent or technically sound seems like a waste of space when we really need to score. I am aware of how much he runs and how hard he works but too bad. Your formation with seedorf and aquilani on either side of Van bommel and three strikers up front looks really good but its too adventurous for allegri to deploy. But i really think Pato has to play . Ibra had not gone inside the box since the roma game. He has basically taken over cassano's duties. :proud: and most of the chances are going to midfielders which is not ideal. Need a box striker. I hope allegri gives that formation another thought.

Cool. i will keep that in mind from next time:)

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Loving the movement of the young guns. This teams just moves so well with one of Aquilani or Nocerino opening wide and the other pulling forward or staying back depending on the ball's position. While Ibra bullies defenses to open up space for Cassanata and Boateng to move, and it gets more beautiful when Abate and Taiwo overlap as well.

The rejuvenation for this team is in place and it's about time the likes of Pippo, Seedorf, Rino, and Ambro let go. Groundwork is in place, just two or three more players needed and this team would be ready to start another era for AC Milan.

:thumbsup:

fullbacks are still shit except when abate is defending
old midfield and very static

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:thumbsup:

fullbacks are still shit except when abate is defending
old midfield and very static

Abate moves really well while attacking . He generally beats the opponent easily and is always ending up free somewhere around the box. This is when shit happens. His passing/crossing is quite bad from there. Either he overhits it or hits it right at the defender. Very frustrating to watch as every other aspect of his game is good right now and you expect a lot more from a fullback when he has lots of time and space to cross.

Fiero

Reaction score
Rino was a brilliant player and he was our only ball winner. His selection was justified as we started pirlo and seedorf in the other positions. But if our current tactics require us to have a defensive minded anchor then a player like nocerino who isnt defensively excellent or technically sound seems like a waste of space when we really need to score. I am aware of how much he runs and how hard he works but too bad. Your formation with seedorf and aquilani on either side of Van bommel and three strikers up front looks really good but its too adventurous for allegri to deploy. But i really think Pato has to play . Ibra had not gone inside the box since the roma game. He has basically taken over cassano's duties. :proud: and most of the chances are going to midfielders which is not ideal. Need a box striker. I hope allegri gives that formation another thought.

Cool. i will keep that in mind from next time:)

Abate moves really well while attacking . He generally beats the opponent easily and is always ending up free somewhere around the box. This is when shit happens. His passing/crossing is quite bad from there. Either he overhits it or hits it right at the defender. Very frustrating to watch as every other aspect of his game is good right now and you expect a lot more from a fullback when he has lots of time and space to cross.

100% agree with every word in both posts. :star:

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score

i think opposite. he never used to score at palermo and now every game he is havingg a significant effort on target. modric can't replace noce... obviously yeah he is better, but will modrid run the thousands of kilometres noce does. if noce can be converted to a strictly limited defensive position than we will miss his cunning runs forward, that being said... we may never concede a goal again.

we play three mids, one pure defensive, one box to box, and one mainly attacking, yet drops back to help out. noce is our box to box. the thing is tho, Prince would be the ultimate box to box for us, he just plays CAM cos we lack someone that plays there apart from binho.

bringing modric in would require aquilani either to play cam, or sit on the bench... or a change of system overall in which, modric is heavily guarded by two defensive minded players in our squad that can make passes to him.

in terms of goals being scored by the team, noce is starting to become the one i put my trust in for a goal when we are fucking up in front of goal. obviously, the likes of ibra and pato can be clinical as a sniper but when shit is going down, i kinda want someone to look at noce and his runs, cos they are actually really good.

thats him offensively, defensively he is there as well, played left back while antonini was up and didnt retreat. noce is an extremely important player for us and i can't imagine a willing runner like him. Prince was last seasoon, but i hope he keeps playing like he does. my ultimate dream is for him to finally drop down to mid. that would be amazing... but like allegri's subs, probably gonna happen too late for Prince to readapt *even tho that would be a short period*

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
Unless our fullbacks add attacking intent to the formation then we will be playing a very narrow game

Diamond midfield puts ALOT of emphasis on full backs to attack

OFC when you have Cafu and Serginho this is not as issue, but with Abate and Antonini it is

I think we should incorporate some with into our game, but with the players we have now I dont think we can

Unless we see Abate and Taiwo/Antonini working in attack we will be limited going foward

4-2-3-1 IMO is the way to go

But will need new squad players

Last edited:

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i think opposite. he never used to score at palermo and now every game he is havingg a significant effort on target. modric can't replace noce... obviously yeah he is better, but will modrid run the thousands of kilometres noce does. if noce can be converted to a strictly limited defensive position than we will miss his cunning runs forward, that being said... we may never concede a goal again.

we play three mids, one pure defensive, one box to box, and one mainly attacking, yet drops back to help out. noce is our box to box. the thing is tho, Prince would be the ultimate box to box for us, he just plays CAM cos we lack someone that plays there apart from binho.

bringing modric in would require aquilani either to play cam, or sit on the bench... or a change of system overall in which, modric is heavily guarded by two defensive minded players in our squad that can make passes to him.

in terms of goals being scored by the team, noce is starting to become the one i put my trust in for a goal when we are fucking up in front of goal. obviously, the likes of ibra and pato can be clinical as a sniper but when shit is going down, i kinda want someone to look at noce and his runs, cos they are actually really good.

thats him offensively, defensively he is there as well, played left back while antonini was up and didnt retreat. noce is an extremely important player for us and i can't imagine a willing runner like him. Prince was last seasoon, but i hope he keeps playing like he does. my ultimate dream is for him to finally drop down to mid. that would be amazing... but like allegri's subs, probably gonna happen too late for Prince to readapt *even tho that would be a short period*

Don't confuse running with football else flamini would be the greatest player ever:o. I would rather have a player technically very sound(a younger seedorf) with a better touch and vision than nocerino. Not saying Nocerino is a bad player. He can be a good squad player for sure. But he isnt worthy enough to start. I would rather Ibra and pato take shots than nocerino. They are strikers and have much better accuracy than nocerino/aquilani because they have been getting drilled on shooting their whole life so it could be great to have midfielders who would limit ibra's tendency to drop deep.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
young seedorf :lol: he was the shit except for a fucked up head when he was tyoung

and i want rui costa + maradonna in winter. its very hard and expensive to get those players i am pretty sure noc is a great player for 500k :D

Last edited: