Alexandre Pato Thread

How many goals will Pato score for Milan in 2012-2013?

• Total voters

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i think thiago silva is more like gamarra. class, tech and capacity.. but thiago is better.

lugano is more like ruggeri.. strikers dont worry much about him, they just ignore.. coz he is more about war and conflits inside the field.

I think Lugano is very hard to beat. He can man mark strikers out of the game like very few... Altough yeah, on a different style from Gamarra. The Paraguayan hardly needed to put a foul (didn't make a single foul in the 98 WC :eek:).
Lugano is not that skilled or even that reading the game but he can compensate with physical contact and even violence/mindtricks if necessary.

But point is, they're both leaders by example and defensive organizers, they can boss a defence and keep it together, they're references for the team.
But they got a South American temper of leaders, and for me this is the reason why they don't made it in a big club in Europe.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
I think Lugano is very hard to beat. He can man mark strikers out of the game like very few... Altough yeah, on a different style from Gamarra. The Paraguayan hardly needed to put a foul (didn't make a single foul in the 98 WC :eek:).
Lugano is not that skilled or even that reading the game but he can compensate with physical contact and even violence/mindtricks if necessary.

But point is, they're both leaders by example and defensive organizers, they can boss a defence and keep it together, they're references for the team.
But they got a South American temper of leaders, and for me this is the reason why they don't made it in a big club in Europe.

dont get me wrong.. lugano is a excelent defender.
na europa os paises tem os seus xerifões.. fica dificil pra eles.. but thiago is making.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Some of this month's GQ's secrets about Pato

He has declared the best defender he has played against in Italy is Fabiano Santacroce.

- In a morning of 2008, Pato said to his cousin that was driving "go fast, we have to go to Novara, that I have to do my driving test". His cousin didn't think it twice, and went full gas...in less than half and hour they were going in direction to Bologna. He confused the entrance to the highway. Pato had to wait another month for it.

-When he was a kid, he always chose Del Piero, his favorite footballer in PlayStation.

-In his first two days as a tourist in Italy, he went to Versona, and he wasn't able to take his eyes of the Romeo and Julliet balcony.

- Before going to the Scala, next to Barbara Berlusconi, he did not know a thing about lyrical music. Before his "first", he bought the booklets to study the operas.

- His dream is to buy an island.

- Curious about the character, and considering the dressing room talked a lot about him, he bought a book about Barack Obama. He fell asleep after 10 minutes of read.

- He's a terrible dancer, and his teamates tease him: he's the only brazlian that has no sense of rhythm. His exhibition with Robinho and Thiago Silva at the Frecciarrossa of Ai se eu te pego is famous (and cringe worthy).

-His first meal at Milanello: pasta with tomato sauce, pasta al pesto, pasta with zucchini. Ancelotti approached him, he took him to a corner, he told him to get up, and he gave a 2 hour lesson to Pato about italian cuisine.

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Ancelotti approached him, he took him to a corner, he told him to get up, and he gave a 2 hour lesson to Pato about italian cuisine.

:lol: carlo and after reading his book , I can totally imagine it :D

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Some of this month's GQ's secrets about Pato

POST THE REST!

- Curious about the character, and considering the dressing room talked a lot about him, he bought a book about Barack Obama. He fell asleep after 10 minutes of read.

LOL

-His first meal at Milanello: pasta with tomato sauce, pasta al pesto, pasta with zucchini. Ancelotti approached him, he took him to a corner, he told him to get up, and he gave a 2 hour lesson to Pato about italian cuisine.

Carlo! hahaha

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
lugano is extremely overrated in this forum, good defender that gets help from uruguay's system.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
He's just showing off to show how much better he is than the rest of us. Fuck him.

did your father beat you down to a pulp as a child? you seem to be a very bitter person.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Lugano's essentially the perfect compliment to Thiago. Style wise, one of the best in the air, excellent man marker, and he organizes the back line.

Thiago's strength/weaknesses... probably don't need to go into that, we should all know them

You cannot teach leadership.

If you could, ever decent tackling mid with timing could be Gattuso

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
-He loves iPads, but doesn't like social networs, at least officially.

-"It is the happiest day of my life" he said after winning the Scudetto, after scoring at Nou Camp and after scoring at the Bernabeu.

-He got a ticket because the windows of his Ferrari were too secure.

-He doesn't have a tattoo.

-His first food in Italy? A sandwich at the autogrill before signing the contract with Milan.

-He eats his beloved spagetti alla carbonara 4 times a week.

Can't get enough of these secrets!

(ps. Gamarra was good, but Lugano is definitely 2 levels above, though I can see them being equals in terms of inspirational leadership, specially for their NTs).

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Gamarra. So obskurrrr

gamarra1.jpg

borderline constipated at all times too. IMO That's a sign of a good defender. Trying hard face=need to poop face

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That Paraguayan defense was awesome. Strong tactical influence from Italy. Great characters/leaders; Chilavert, Arce (one of the best crossers I've seem), Gamarra, Ayala, Enciso breking some legs just in front.

Only 6 minutes... :cry:

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
World Cup 98 such fond memories. Best World Cup I ever seen so many good match.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
not literally of course, but yeah he did beat me up pretty bad.

Really? I've always seen myself as a guy who spreads happiness and positivity.

:lol: :D

Last edited:

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso

I think that Lugano didn't make it in a big european just because he lacked of opportunity. If Montero made it, I don't see why Lugano would not. It's just a matter of opportunity. Gattuso and Ambrosini could now be a mid-table player and people would say... yeah, they have heart but definitelly not Milan material.

I don't like Gamarra's style of not making foul. That's just pussyness.

Now there's Henrique playing with the same style, that piece of shit from Palmeiras that is praised to not make fouls.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

d'Arc.LP

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Ibrahimovic, Balotelli, Schweinsteiger
Ancelotti still chasing Pato

Ancelotti-and-Pato.jpg

Paris Saint-Germain boss Carlo Ancelotti has revealed he is still interested in signing AC Milan forward Alexandre Pato. The big-spending Ligue 1 club tried to bring the Brazil international to Parc des Princes in January, but the attacker decided to stay with Massimiliano Allegri’s men. Despite the setback, Ancelotti said the quest to bring Pato to the French capital was not over.

“Will Pato come at the end of the season? Let’s say that during the last market we tried to sign the attacker and there will be many other opportunities,” he told RaiSport.

“We cannot say that we liked Pato in January but not in June, however this time the effort will be even more.”

Meanwhile, former AC Milan boss Ancelotti praised Allegri’s efforts with the league-leading San Siro side, and said he was happy to see Juventus back near the top.

“How do I rate the work of Allegri at AC Milan? In general, the work of Allegri has been good so far,” Ancelotti said.

“Who will win the Champions League? The Spanish teams are favourites, but who knows, AC Milan could be the surprise this year.”

“Inter? I’m surprised by their sudden drop and sorry that top teams like Inter are no longer as good as they once were.”

“Italian football needs the best teams at the top, and I’m glad to see Juventus rising this year.”

source: http://pato7.net/news/ancelotti-still-chasing-pato/

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
A move to PSG would be a mutually beneficial for both Pato and Milan.

Although, if we sell him, we better sign Balotelli.

Last edited:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
balo is a dick head and milan has way too many(cassano,ibra,gattuso,mvb.kpb)

All of those players are working completely fine and cordially.

It's not like a balancing act... signing one more won't tip it over the edge.

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani, Jasper, Ronaldo and the Zlatan
balo is a dick head and milan has way too many(cassano,ibra,gattuso,mvb.kpb)

What makes those guys "dicks"?

Balotelli isn't a dick either. He's just a bit nuts.
He's a crazy version of Cassano. We could use some fun.

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
all this talk about balotelli, what makes you guys think we can sign him? He doesn't want to go back to italy, city has money coming out of their arses, we lack funds even if we sell pato, it's not like we can splash out ridicoulus money for balotelli. Balotelli will remain a wet dream until he says openly that he wants us or that he pulls a "tevez"

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
all this talk about balotelli, what makes you guys think we can sign him? He doesn't want to go back to italy, city has money coming out of their arses, we lack funds even if we sell pato, it's not like we can splash out ridicoulus money for balotelli. Balotelli will remain a wet dream until he says openly that he wants us or that he pulls a "tevez"

He has a point! Balotelli is currently in form and favour.

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani, Jasper, Ronaldo and the Zlatan

I don't think we'll get Balotelli this summer. Probably Tevez or Drogba.

MilanReality

Milan Icon
Reaction score
balotelli in favour? HAHAHAHA
balotelli doesnt want to return to italy? HAHAHAHAH

come on now... don't listen to "media talk". He knows if he starts with his |"get me outta here" talk, he'll end up like Tevez (owners refusing to sell discounted out of principal)

Balotelli would give a nut to come back and play for Milan.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I don't want Drogba. I'd rather have Torres than Drogba at this stage.

Schedule