The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Discussions

AC Milan Discussions Talk about AC Milan's tactics, AC Milan news, events, history, etc., in here. Also find out details on how to travel to Milan and buy AC Milan tickets.

Old 24-09-2011, 22:37   #1
BerluBungaBunga
Il Capitano

Default Why San Siro is so empty?

I didn't knew where to open this thread and i opened it here.

We are Campioni D'Italia and we won the Super Cup and i cant stop asking my self why SAN SIRO is so empty?

It's a shame for Milan FFS!

I mean if i lived in Milano theres no fucking way to stay home and watch the game on TV.

So why our funs there dont go to the stadium?
BerluBungaBunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2011, 22:44   #2
Sod-Lod
Milanese Dominator

Bad Financial situation in Italy IMO!
Sod-Lod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2011, 22:47   #3
AC_Wesley
ˇYA BASTA!

Fav. Players: Antoine Griezmann, Andres Iniesta, Isco

''Circola in tribuna stampa il dato relativo agli spettatori questa sera a San Siro per Milan-Cesena. Sono 8827 mila i paganti per un dato complessivo di 39225 spettatori. Il Milan ricava da questa serata 1.028.195,53 euro.''

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=62185

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presidente
Le confesso che vedere tutti questi stranieri giocare nelle squadre italiane mi lascia perplesso. Mi fa male vedere molte squadre italiane in campo con undici stranieri. Per il futuro del mio Milan vorrei una rosa di giovani tutti Italiani. E magari...tutti campioni.
AC_Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2011, 22:54   #4
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Suarez, Tevez, Montolivo, Bonera, Abate, Abbiati, Kucka

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Wesley View Post
''Circola in tribuna stampa il dato relativo agli spettatori questa sera a San Siro per Milan-Cesena. Sono 8827 mila i paganti per un dato complessivo di 39225 spettatori. Il Milan ricava da questa serata 1.028.195,53 euro.''

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=62185
translation pleez
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2011, 23:46   #5
masterofnaiads
Drummer Extraordinaire

Fav. Players: Maldini, Zidane, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Rivaldo, Kaka, Forlan, Cocu, Riquelme, Cafu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
translation pleez
40k people at the San Siro..

Signature

| Lead Us To Glory Again |

masterofnaiads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 00:20   #6
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofnaiads View Post
40k people at the San Siro..
It also says something about euros. Also, it doesn't answer the OP's question.

Italians seem to care more about Gli Azzuri than their favorite clubs.

The Italian passion for football is overrated. The Germans and Brits manage to be there for their favorite clubs and NT.
Old 25-09-2011, 00:22   #7
Dottore Joey
Vice

Fav. Players: Zlatastic, Messi, Ronaldo Duo, Sheva, Maldini, Nesta, SES, Montolivo, Sigurdsson, Lloris

Shame.

Italians.

Signature
Dottore Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 00:23   #8
Fiero

Quote:
Based on what?

Quote:
The Italian passion for football is overrated. The Germans and Brits manage to be there for their favorite clubs and NT.
Passion can't be measured by attendance.
Fiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 00:30   #9
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiero View Post
Based on what?
The players and managers switch between Milan, Inter and Juve like it's nothing. Also, attendances.

Quote:
Passion can't be measured by attendance.
Yes it can. It says a lot about the Milanese and Romanese peoples' passion for their favorite clubs when San Siro and Stadio Olimpico are almost always half-empty.
Old 25-09-2011, 00:31   #10
Yoshi
ahmedwuzhere

Fav. Players: Ronaldo(R9), El Shaarawy, Nesta, Neymar, Montolivo, Maldini, Dinho, De Sciglio, Iniesta, Pato

I could be wrong but it might be because half our team is injured, we haven't been that great so far, and also our mercato wasn't as amazing as last year and that's what many people were lead to believe it was going to be.
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 00:40   #11
Fiero

Quote:
The players and managers switch between Milan, Inter and Juve like it's nothing. Also, attendances.
Allegiance is in the heart. Doesn't stop one from doing his job professionally. You and me would coach Inter if given the opportunity and you know it.

And what's with attendances?

Quote:
Yes it can. It says a lot about the Milanese and Romanese peoples' passion for their favorite clubs when San Siro and Stadio Olimpico are almost always half-empty.
Were you at the stadium?
Fiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 00:42   #12
Ash
Swag Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedwuzhere View Post
I could be wrong but it might be because half our team is injured, we haven't been that great so far, and also our mercato wasn't as amazing as last year and that's what many people were lead to believe it was going to be.
So you are saying all of them are gloryhunters?
Ash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 00:52   #13
Milan10
AC Milan Icon

It's a combination of the financial situation in Italy and I think calico is yet to recover from calciopoli...

I hate seeing San Siro empty like that.
Milan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 00:57   #14
Dzidzius
AC Milan Legend

It is actually simple to me specially this season.
We play shit, boring game and even if I had a seasonal ticket there would some more important priorities than going to the stadium today regardless that i paid for it already.

It is like going to the cinema or watching DVD, concert or CD etc etc etc

We are playing that awful, unatractive football and even today the win wasn't the guarantee. Taking that in perspective along the fact that this was yet again shit game which you could see from a shit visibility seat I would honestly, fully aware of my love for the club go to watch it with my mates in a bar somewhere. As simple as that.
Dzidzius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 00:59   #15
Dark Knight
Maestro

Fav. Players: Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9

Quote:
It also says something about euros. Also, it doesn't answer the OP's question.

Its after tough measures from german and british authorities with regards to the security of the people who come to games. Unlike in italy where its worst situation for families to go and watch football. Germany is best in that respect. Galliani has mentioned this reason many a times along with the shit quality of stadiums.

Economy is really shit in italy, so its harder decision for the italians then it is for germans or in england. (altho in poorer places like wigan etc you can see half empty stadiums) And with the sort of games milan is playing right now, who would want to spend so much on a football match if that was a margin decision for them in terms of money?

Quote:
Same with england or germany.. where else does bayern sign there players from?.. Sparky a man uutd legend was a coach of City..tottenham,arsenal,chelski have had many transfers amongst them.. tevez went to city from united. Now United and Arsenal have had same coach for 20 ish years so how can one compare there situation with italy.. its like if milan inter had same manager for 20 years.
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 01:00   #16
Ash
Swag Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzidzius View Post
It is actually simple to me specially this season.
We play shit, boring game and even if I had a seasonal ticket there would some more important priorities than going to the stadium today regardless that i paid for it already.

It is like going to the cinema or watching DVD, concert or CD etc etc etc

We are playing that awful, unatractive football and even today the win wasn't the guarantee. Taking that in perspective along the fact that this was yet again shit game which you could see from a shit visibility seat I would honestly, fully aware of my love for the club go to watch it with my mates in a bar somewhere. As simple as that.
gloryhunter mentality

Regardless of how the team is playing, you still go to the stadium if you have the chance, instead of trying to pass yourself as a real fan by proclaiming you didn't go because of your love for the club
Ash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 01:11   #17
Dzidzius
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Stadium attendance and quality of football are unrelated. You don't go to the stadium to watch football anyway.
yes, but you go 10 out 10 even when you are ill or have your woman brithday when the team plays like team - regardless of the glory.

We play with no identity, have great players who play less inspiring than Uk female cricket team.

with this style we represent I make 7 out 10 games which is still fucking high attendance and that is your 30% drop already.
Old 25-09-2011, 01:13   #18
Yoshi
ahmedwuzhere

Fav. Players: Ronaldo(R9), El Shaarawy, Nesta, Neymar, Montolivo, Maldini, Dinho, De Sciglio, Iniesta, Pato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
So you are saying all of them are gloryhunters?
No, not at all. I'm saying I would probably not go go see my local American Football team (that's what i can relate to in the US) if half of the team was injured AND i knew there would be many, many more home games I could go to, unless of course, I had a season pass, then I would attend every game regardless. And also, maybe it's a way of showing their dissatisfaction of the summer mercato given the whole hyped up Mister X talk etc.

Quote:

I believe he is -unconsciously- communicating that he is a gloryhunter.
?? No. I don't even live in Milan, I was just saying maybe that's the reason. And if i was a glory hunter, I would probably not be on this forum and not rooting for Milan but probably Barcelona, whom I hate.
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 01:13   #19
Dzidzius
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
gloryhunter mentality

Regardless of how the team is playing, you still go to the stadium if you have the chance, instead of trying to pass yourself as a real fan by proclaiming you didn't go because of your love for the club
nonsense working only in theory.
Old 25-09-2011, 01:16   #20
Dzidzius
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
You don't go to the stadium to watch. What part of this is hard to grasp? Quality of football is unrelated.
because you say so?
have you heard any loud support from San Siro last years?

Do you follow your rule? I am sure not.
Do you go at all? I actually do. Wouldn't be surprised actually if more often than you.
It is really easy to preach in front of the computer and watch pirate sport channels in internet and critisize low attendance.

Last edited by Dzidzius; 25-09-2011 at 01:20.