CL: AC Milan (4) - Arsenal FC (0) 15/02/2012

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
This is what Boaten said?
"I'm not scared of Arsenal," Boateng told the Sun. "The problem with Arsenal is one day they play amazing football and then they play really badly. In the end they don't have balance. They either play unbelievable football or they don't know what they're doing.

"It comes down to inexperience. Arsenal don't know what you have to do to win titles - they're always close but they break down. The players are young, hungry, but don't know how to break this target. Without the experience it's difficult.

"There's always something missing at Arsenal. That bit is the experience - we have so much of that at Milan and that is what they need."

So... considering this... AC Milan and Arsenal would combine for a fucking greatest team ever :lol:

Eccolo

Keep calm! Sell everyone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Diamanti, Verratti, Montolivo + All Juve Stabia players
If he doesn't it can be measured?

What? You think its a clever thing to play Seedorf as CAM? When was the last time that worked? Last years derby when Zlatan scored a pen? Thats 18 months ago....

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
This is what Boaten said?

So... considering this... AC Milan and Arsenal would combine for a fucking greatest team ever :lol:

boateng_1453038a.jpg

Milan press conference should be in 40 minutes. Allegri + Thiago Silva. Arsenal's should be 6h 40 if I didn't cock up the timezones.

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Pirlo, Maldini, Baresi, Donadoni, Suarez
Milan press conference should be in 40 minutes. Allegri + Thiago Silva. Arsenal's should be 6h 40 if I didn't cock up the timezones.

Can you watch it live?

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, Maldini, Sheva, Rino, Pirlo, Nesta, Kaka, Pippo, Baggio, Vieri, Totti
No, he won't.

Hopefully, this won't be the XI...I don't think I can bear to see Urby change positions AGAIN.

...and Seedorf better not be CAM...he can be AM but needs support - so maybe Binho

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, Maldini, Sheva, Rino, Pirlo, Nesta, Kaka, Pippo, Baggio, Vieri, Totti
Definitely we'll need T. Silva, Nesta, Abate, Nocerino, Van Bommel, Ibra, SES/Binho.

The rest I don't really mind, and the formation is also up to Allegri, but these 7/8 have to be in the XI

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
What Mertesacker's injury is to Arsenal fans, Seedorf getting injured would probably mean the same to Milan if it happened.

Last edited:

DEEENCH

Banned
Reaction score
What Mertesacker's injury is to Arsenal fans, Seedorf getting injured would probably mean the same to Milan if it happened.

Although Mertesacker is a good player his injury means we can play the Backline on Sanga-Kos-Verm-Coq which on paper is better than Sanga-Mertesacker-kos-Verm because vermaelen doesen't preform at his best at left back but knowing wenger we will go with this Sanga-Djourou-kos-vermaelen.

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I still hope Boateng will start!

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I really hope that that formation is incorrect. Seedorf = suicide, fk his experience, he just has been the reason we have not been able to win games recently. We lack a fast ball-playing midfielder in Aquilani and Seedorf is not the replacement, I hope our midfield consists of Urby, Boss, Nocerino with KPB ahead of them.

Please no Seedorf.

And why no Mesbah? Zambrotta really has sucked so badly on the odd occasion he's been given a chance, Nini I don't think should even be considered for this one.

Looks like Robinho's set to start alongside Ibra, not a terrible decision. Stephan can come in the second half and hopefully not feel the pressure. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if Allegri didn't play him at all now that Pato's returning (not a decision I agree with).

UKMilan21

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bonaventura Donnarumma Romagnoli Bonucci Belotti Sheva Van Basten Nesta Ibrahimovic
Is Mesbah injured? Because i thought he played well against Udinese and IMO is better than antonini.

Reaction score
If Song bosses the midfield, like he usually does, it'll really boost our chances. IMO, this game would be lost/won in the midfield. Cut the supply lines to the talented forwards of both teams, and you've got a great chance to win it.

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SES wont play?
"Allegri: "El Shaarawy is doing very well. He's only 19 and is still growing, and we should let him grow.""

Boateng wont start.. :(
"Allegri: "It will be difficult for Boateng and Pato to start tomorrow."

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani, Jasper, Ronaldo and the Zlatan
Press conference via Milanello twitter:

Allegri: "We need to play a great match tomorrow, especially in the defensive phase."

Allegri: "And we have to be dangerous when attacking because Arsenal defend well."

Allegri: "I'm happy that nearly all our injured players are ready again. It's a good thing for the squad."

T. Silva: "We have to make as few mistakes as possible. If we make mistakes at San Siro then we will practically be out of the CL."

T. Silva: "When you play against big teams, you're always more motivated."

Allegri: "I don't know if the players that have just returned from injury will be ready. We have to evaluate their condition."

T. Silva: "Henry has had a great career. Not only with Arsenal, but also France."

T. Silva: "We have to be really attentive to Henry, because if you give him any space then he will score."

Allegri: "El Shaarawy is doing very well. He's only 19 and is still growing, and we should let him grow."

Allegri: "El Shaarawy has great qualities and he is a great finisher."

Allegri: "We have to eliminate or reduce the errors, most importantly in the defensive phase."

Allegri: "If we concede a goal at home then it will be very difficult for us to qualify."

Allegri: "It will be difficult for Boateng and Pato to start tomorrow."

Allegri: "Ibra is in form, both physically and psychologically, and therefore he will play a great match tomorrow."

Allegri: "We don't have an inferiority complex against English teams."

Allegri: "We played two great games vs. Tottenham last year. We made a mistake in the first match and we deserved to win the 2nd leg."

Allegri: "Both Van Persie and Henry are great players, but the most dangerous thing about Arsenal is their collective."

T. Silva: "If we play a great match tomorrow and get the result, then we will face the return leg with more calmness."

Allegri: "Henry wants to finish his Arsenal career in style against us? He already left a good last memory in the last match vs. Sunderland"

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
Pigs will fly before seedorf runs :b: play stephan allegri , please...

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pigs will fly before seedorf runs :b: play stephan allegri , please...

He most likely wont

As it looks now we will play:

----------- Abbiati -------------
Abate - Nesta - Silva - Antonini
---- Urby - MVB - Nocerino ---
---------- Seedorf -------------
------ Ibra - Robinho ---------

MVB makes this a slightly better team than the one we had vs Tottenham last year.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Allegri: “Difficilmente Boateng partirà dall’inizio anche se domani potrei cambiare idea, stessa cosa per Pato, però rivederli, insieme anche a Nesta, è molto importante”.

difficult for Boa to start even if I can change my mind tomorrow... same goes for Pato and Nesta who is very important, we'll see.

Allegri: “El Shaarawy sta facendo molto bene, sta crescendo, ha 19 anni e non dobbiamo addossargli troppe responsabilità. Lui ha grandi qualità, è un grande finalizzatore ed è diventato uno dei titolari del Milan in attacco”.

Stephan is doing well and is growing, and is 19 and we should not put alot of responsibilities on him. He has alot of quality and a great (finish?) and is a starter for Milan in attacker.

Last edited:

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
Haha Allegri is the king of subtle trash talking.

Thiago Silva must stay till he becomes Captain. He is Milan Captain material.

I expect a great game from Ibra tomorrow, mainly because it's been a few weeks since I've posted a " IBRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAA "

during a match.

I don't give a shit who starts or not, all I want is an early goal. An early goal is an end to all of our troubles. If we're ahead 1-0 after 20 mins, then there's a 80 % chance that we remain ahead through the next 160 minutes.

fo shizzle

Whigga!
Reaction score
Allegris comment about Boateng could very well be some sort of mind game. Wenger knows that Milans approach will be different if he starts. Therefore no reason to give out all information.

Im almost positive Prince will start.

Anyway, no need to draw any conclusions about predicted line ups..

Last edited:

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
Allegris comment about Boateng could very well be some sort of mind game. Wenger knows that Milans approach will be different if he starts. Therefore no reason to give out all information.

Im almost positive Prince will start.

Yeah, whether Prince is ready or Prince is not ready, the best way Allegri can play this is by not giving anything away. No reason to show his cards when he doesn't have to.

I don't think this can give us any clue as to who'll be ready for tomorrow.

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I hope it is a mindgame.

fo shizzle

Whigga!
Reaction score
Either way, it seems like people never learn their lesson. Getting all angry and redfaced about some predictions from dubios italian newspapers.

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Either way, it seems like people never learn their lesson. Getting all angry and redfaced about some predictions from dubios italian newspapers.
:lol:

true

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
hmmm allegri is trolling. Whether Arsenal or Milan fans cant tell.

Last edited:

Schedule