AC Milan's Financial Situation Thread

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Bayern in debt? I don't believe this.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
that is blatantly false, it was widely reported that we only had a small 60mil-ish debt and that was covered by kaka's sale. also, i find it annoying that clubs can just wirte off their debts at the cost of their owners, makes it horribly unfair. liverpool are quite mor in debt im sure, we surely can't be more in debt than them

Its from a English paper,does guys are fucking clueless about Serie A.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
When Dinho' extends his contract football Italie says his wage will go down from 6,5 to 5 million euro's a year. Even though la gazetta said it was 7,5 million it would be a really good thing. We need to cut back on our wage bill, and G is doing a good job.

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
that couldnt be right, i thought we were out of debt after kakas sale. does anyone know what milan actually has in amonts of debt or funds, id love to know the figure, id hate to think we were in that much debt :(

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
that couldnt be right, i thought we were out of debt after kakas sale. does anyone know what milan actually has in amonts of debt or funds, id love to know the figure, id hate to think we were in that much debt :(

im pretty certain that we have no debt whatsoever, and if we do. berlu and G have lied and cheated us and im not too happy about it.

Astafjevs

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
We have debt, but it isn't £348m :D

That figure is laughable.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/milan/?action=read&idnotizia=16357

The United borrow their players to save the club
19.01.2010 18.54 Frederick Gambaro
Source: www.sportitalia.com

The players of Manchester United saved, at its own expense, the club from bankruptcy. Is not science fiction, but only the thought of United's owner Malcolm Glazer. According to the Sun, it seems, that the financial situation of the club is so critical that the president has forced the Red Devils to apply for a loan to his own players. Disbelief and amazement as the environment, but reaffirms British tabloid, the request should be made through the use of packages of debt of 50 thousand pounds with an annual revenue of 7%. The offer of the owner Glazer has been extended not only to the player and coach but also to other employees. The situation remains worrying, there are rumors that even the hypothetical sale of the sports center in Carrington, or even Old Trafford, to resolve the grain. "The players do not know what to do - said an anonymous source inside the club -. Many are confused because they can not understand how it is possible that their employers will be speaking to them for cash. Some players can recognize the good investment, but most do not seem willing to invest on who pays their salaries.

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Pirlo, De Rossi, Pjanic, Schweini, Prince, Abate
im pretty certain that we have no debt whatsoever, and if we do. berlu and G have lied and cheated us and im not too happy about it.

I'm pretty sure the sale of Kaka covered almost our entire debt. If we have any it's very little.

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Last edited:

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bAJbhg003...SsmfFQE8jFE/s1600-h/Soccer+Spending+Power.jpg
http://www.plainsoccer.com/2009/07/richest-football-clubs.html
http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/34/soccer-values-09_Soccer-Team-Valuations_Rank.html

I'd trust sources like forbes than this piece of trash source.

This looks more better. We have 0 debt. Bayern and we are the only 2 clubs with no debt. Juventus and Roma got little debts around 20 million. EPL clubs got em in 100's. Some useless article this is.

But this financial statement is old (04.08.09) so i have some doubts here, but for sure If we have debits is no way close to £348m.

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But this financial statement is old (04.08.09) so i have some doubts here, but for sure If we have debits is no way close to £348m.

Other clubs with debt made new stadiums/took loans to buy players etc. We did nothing to get any debt :eek:. We infact reduced our annual player wages by around 30 million from last season. Since we are in CL, our total revenue should have increased from last year too by 20-25 million. We got no players, so in 6 months time instead of having a debt of 300 million from 0 debt, we shoud actually be having a positive cash flow.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Other clubs with debt made new stadiums/took loans to buy players etc. We did nothing to get any debt :eek:. We infact reduced our annual player wages by around 30 million from last season. Since we are in CL, our total revenue should have increased from last year too by 20-25 million. We got no players, so in 6 months time instead of having a debt of 300 million from 0 debt, we shoud actually be having a positive cash flow.

You right actually, I hope we can retrieve San Siro Stadium as gift from Berlu!

Athens2007

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Karima el Mahroug - Ruby
Regarding Milans debt, I would not say we are better off then RM, MU and others with high debts. Don't forget they have their own stadium, we DONT! I see roumors MU wants to sell old Trafford and then lease it. That will be good enough to neutralize their debt.

Astafjevs

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Well, what would you prefer:

A small debt of around €30m that is easily manageable, but we don't own our own stadium.

or

A huge debt of over £700m, but we own the stadium.

I prefer the first option.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, what would you prefer:

A small debt of around €30m that is easily manageable, but we don't own our own stadium.

or

A huge debt of over £700m, but we own the stadium.

I prefer the first option.

How much would a new stadium cost in Italy? certainly not over 150million?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
How much would a new stadium cost in Italy? certainly not over 150million?

theres not a proper stadium in the world which costs under 150 million.

Milan would not biuild some 20,000 seat stadium which costs probably what ur saying....

Emirates cost just under 400 million pounds. New Wembley cost 800 million pounds. Allianz (bayern munich's which opened in 2005) cost 340ish million euros. Juventus new stadium is projected to cost only 150 million. How is beyond me.... but it's only 40k seats too... probably lacks a lot of amenities

Stadiums are HUGE scale construction projects and of what i know of italy, it will only cost more.....

The payoff is DEFINITELY there long term though... but it's long term.

here is link to all stadiums in world by capacity: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_(soccer)_stadiums_by_capacity

The newer ones will say construction cost, and those r only ones which matter as a point of referenc anyway...

Last edited:
Reaction score
We should just buy the San Siro and upgrade it. Will cost a lot less :D

Galliani has said several times that they are hoping to buy the san siro for a very small fee from the city when Inter get their planned new stadium. And from there they will spend alot of money rebuilding the stadium

Astafjevs

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
There's a difference between buying an existing stadium, and building a new one from scratch.

It will be cheaper to buy an existing one, even something like San Siro, because there are no costs for construction, site, materials e.t.c.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
theres not a proper stadium in the world which costs under 150 million.

Milan would not biuild some 20,000 seat stadium which costs probably what ur saying....

Emirates cost just under 400 million pounds. New Wembley cost 800 million pounds. Allianz (bayern munich's which opened in 2005) cost 340ish million euros. Juventus new stadium is projected to cost only 150 million. How is beyond me.... but it's only 40k seats too... probably lacks a lot of amenities

Stadiums are HUGE scale construction projects and of what i know of italy, it will only cost more.....

The payoff is DEFINITELY there long term though... but it's long term.

here is link to all stadiums in world by capacity: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_(soccer)_stadiums_by_capacity

The newer ones will say construction cost, and those r only ones which matter as a point of referenc anyway...

Jube's stadium is also going to have a mall/cinema from what I heard, Milan can make a stadium say like 60k? milan's average attendance is somewhere between 48-54k I believe, so a 60k stadium would be perfect, anyways the likes of jube and inter are building stadiums for a good reason, its time Galliani and co. set it out and look for a good solution for the better future.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Jube's stadium is also going to have a mall/cinema from what I heard, Milan can make a stadium say like 60k? milan's average attendance is somewhere between 48-54k I believe, so a 60k stadium would be perfect, anyways the likes of jube and inter are building stadiums for a good reason, its time Galliani and co. set it out and look for a good solution for the better future.

There r a lot of headaches... Finding land in milan. The whole construction process is a long painful expensive one. Then you got san siro which is historical like old trafford or bernebeu.

Though in most cases i'd agree with you... if milan can buy san siro and renovated it, it's a better solution because Milan gets to keep the San Siro. Option B would be Clarence builds a pitch behind his sushi restaurant

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Milan Sign €60 Million Sponsorship Deal, Could Prompt Silvio Berlusconi To Sell Club - Report

Milan have struck a deal with Fly Emirates, leading to talk of an Arab takeover.

Milan have signed a €60 million sponsorship deal with Sheik Ahmed bin Sae*ed Al Maktoum, head of airline company Fly Emirates, fuelling speculation it could pave the way for him to launch a lucrative takeover.

Il Corriere Dello Sport reports Al Maktoum has agreed to pay the club €15m per year until 2014 to become their main sponsor, plus bonuses related to success in the Champions League.

The move has led to speculative reports suggesting Al Maktoum will use this as a way of increasing his investment further by buying a stake in the club. Last summer Il Sole 24 Ore claimed he was ready to buy 40 per cent of Milan's shares from Silvio Berlusconi's holding company Fininvest.

Those rumours were denied by Milan, but that hasn't stopped talk of a takeover. As for the sponsorship money, the €15m received for 2010 will go towards the summer transfer market, in which the Rossoneri are likely to swoop for Edin Dzeko of Wolfsburg.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/ital...-million-sponsorship-deal-could-prompt-silvio

Good we have some money to buy a player,to bad they dont give us all the money at once :D

As for the takeover ,i have mixed feelings about it.Dont want Milan to become the new toy of some Arab Millionaire that doesn't give a fuck about the club .

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
I spoke to Andriy.
Silvio is never goin to sell the club to fly emirates.Silvio party is goin to have some major involvment in the political life of Italy even after he retires.
They don't like the intervention of the foreigners into serie A.

everyone,do not worry.

Last edited:

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
As for the takeover ,i have mixed feelings about it.Dont want Milan to become the new toy of some Arab Millionaire that doesn't give a fuck about the club .

Amen Az that is the spirit; it would really be a strange feeling if non Italian owner own MILAN :(

Last edited:

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't want the club to be sold. But 40 % of the shares like in he article is a good deal as Berlu will still be the club president and major share holder with 60 %. The Arabs mentioned here are really rich and proud people and since they have 40 %, they will invest tons for players and make sure we remain at the top which Berlu is not doing atm. So we keep our club's Italian heritage and get money for investors. win-win :)

Every club I'm sure has some forign sponsors too. Taci apparently got some shares of Milan and Ghadaffi got around 7.5 % stake in Juve. It's not that minority stake will ruin our club's Italian heritage at all esp with the Italian PM our major shareholder and President.

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano

:star:

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
]With the "Flying Emirates' market share Milan resume?

With the "Flying Emirates' market share Milan resume?

With the "Flying Emirates' market share Milan resume?
The imminent agreement with Fly Emirates bring new funds into the coffers red and black.
05.02.2010 17:00 Matthew Calcagni

Fly Emirates, whose agreement with Milan is imminent, will sponsor the Rossoneri for four seasons, carrying 14 million a year in company coffers. Bwin, at the same time span, the Rossoneri had brought "only" 40 million, the sheikhs, however, guarantee 16 more. By adding the new sponsorship, the likely sale of players such as Jankulovski and Kaladze, beyond the expiry of contracts onerosissimi like Dida, the financial budget Rossoneri could undergo major surge. Fabio Parisi, exclusive MilanNews.it, spent the words of confirmation and confidence in negotiation Dzeko: the deal is there and the shot probably will. But is not the only, the agent spoke of a couple of great players, indicating that Milan home something is cooking. Difficult to purchase a sample on defense, given the ownership of immovable pair Thiago Silva-Nesta. More likely, however, focused on outside purchases or midfield. In any case, the situation may be more rosy summer than expected, bringing a smile to many Milan fans, still unhappy about the sale of Ricardo Kaka.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Anyone remember what bwin gives milan??? From my memory it was 10 mil a year so 15 from fly emirates, though a nice increase... isn't gonna fuel a 100million euro spending spree

A bigger help is cutting wage bill with squad players who r paid star wages compared to rest of serie a

Athens2007

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Karima el Mahroug - Ruby
Amen Az that is the spirit; it would really be a strange feeling if non Italian owner own MILAN :(

A non-Italian founded it, so what? With Berlusconi not wanting to spend any money, no other Italian on the horizon, why not ?

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
A non-Italian founded it, so what? With Berlusconi not wanting to spend any money, no other Italian on the horizon, why not ?

There is plenty of Italian Business man who is richer than Berlu want to purchase Milan, and if Milan sell the team to foreign investor most of the fan will cut down supporting Milan, this is why.