Abbiati leaving ?

Albion

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Palermo intrested for Abbiati !

The current reserve goalkeeper of the rossoneri is closed by Dida and would therefore welcome first team football, even if it meant not fighting for the Scudetto and Champions League.

On the other hand, Milan don’t want to dispose of the former international player without finding an adequate replacement, and the most likely candidate seems to be Lazio’s second-choice goalkeeper, Matteo Sereni.

In the case that Galliani succeeds in brining Sereni, then there would not be any problems for Abbiati’s move to the ambitious Palermo who will be fighting for more than just relegation next season.

goal.com

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
Good luck to Palermo and to Abbiati. He deserves to play first team football and I hope Palermo do good this season.

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
I hope he stays. We are lucky to have such as good 2nd kepper.

Albion

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
yeah I bet Palermo will do good with or without Abbiati, and I like this keeper, id like to see him playin in startin line up in Milan or somewhere else, he deservs it.
2 season ago he was one of best italian keepers :rolleyes:

I still can remember Perugia - Milan 2:1 when Rossi was sent off & banned for 5 games, and he came to be 1st keeper :) and 1st time I saw him play was a friendly with some arab team b4 that game with Perugia...
Forzza Abbiati

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If he stays at Milan he throws away his career. I've said it many times before, also in Ambrosini's case, that loyalty can be detrimental to a players career, unless he is comfortable with always playing 2nd fiddle + winning trophies he made little to no contribution to. Abbiati has been going nowhere but downhill since Dida has made him a bencher + looks nervous + 'not up to it' almost every time he gets one of these ultra-rare chances to play. He needs more playing time if he wants to maintain an OKish performance level, plain + simple.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Passion for *9* said:
If he stays at Milan he throws away his career. I've said it many times before, also in Ambrosini's case, that loyalty can be detrimental to a players career, unless he is comfortable with always playing 2nd fiddle + winning trophies he made little to no contribution to. Abbiati has been going nowhere but downhill since Dida has made him a bencher + looks nervous + 'not up to it' almost every time he gets one of these ultra-rare chances to play. He needs more playing time if he wants to maintain an OKish performance level, plain + simple.

yeah, i pretty much agree with you.

i wouldn't be surprised if he stays though, like ambro did. i mean, for christ's sake, they are at ac milan ;)

W.H.I

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Shevchenko, Kaka', Pirlo, Smith, Maldini, and many others
i'd say it would be a good career pregress for him :D , cause IMO Palermo would be a competitive team in this season of seri-A :eek: . but i only agree if Milan could find an adequate replacement for him :cool: . i'd say Lupatelli or Zotti :tongue: , but it seem it would be impossible, cause Lupatelli has just moved to Fiorentina :mad: , and Roma seem wont let Zotti move to Milan :( . as for Sereni for Abbiati replacement, i don't think so :head:. but maybe Cudicini would be good :D :tongue:.

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso
Abbiati set for Milan exit
05 Jun 2005 00:00

Second-choice goalkeeper Christian Abbiati is set to leave AC Milan in an exchange deal involving Palermo keeper Matteo Guardalben.

The 27-year-old has had to settle for playing understudy to the highly impressive Dida. The player has found it difficult to accept losing the number one jersey after he became a regular starter in the 2003-04 scudetto-winning campaign.

Despite being linked to Premiership duo Arsenal and Chelsea, Abbiati seemed more likely to join Spanish outfit Villarreal following their offer of a four-year deal worth just under £2million per season.

However the Italian press claims he will remain in Serie A next season by joining Palermo which will allow Guardalben to become back-up for Dida in Milan.

Source: clubcall.com

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
Passion for *9* said:
You can't compare Abbiati with Ambrosini. Remember, on the pitch, there could be more than one midfield, so in this case, Ambro's chance of playing is bigger than Abbiatis. If Abbiati can't exceed Dida, surely he would play less. And honestly, I don't think that Abbiati is that good. When I watched him playing, I always thought that "Dida can do better than that". Sorry, but for me, it's ok if he left Milan!

Reaction score
Abbiatti's departure won't render me with any sleepless nights. In fact, I believe that Milan should welcome Guardalben or Serenei or whoever, but then make an approach for Roma's future goalkeeping prodigy Gianluca Curci, perhaps buying out his contract and loaning him back to Roma, or taking out a 50-50 agreement with them. Much depends on Roma's financial health, as they require capital, especially after agreeing to pay Totti 7.5 million euros per season. Furthermore, Roma already have Zotti and Pellizzioli, so this proposition may have a small amount of feasability.

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Curci?! He sucks, man!

But how long can Dida stay? We need a decent second goalkeeper, Fiori is no good...

Rustamka_Ambro

Milanista 23
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ambrosini, Pirlo, Pippo Inzaghi
milanist said:
Curci?! He sucks, man!

But how long can Dida stay? We need a decent second goalkeeper, Fiori is no good...

As long we have DIDA we can not buy decent keeper that will be our future...

But I am pretty sure there are many good keepers (De Scantis; Pelizzoli and etc around the world that would be honoured to be between the milano post, in front of Curva Sud and have a safiest arse behid the best defenders...

So keeper is not that big problem!! :cool: :cool:

Schedule