Reaction score
Probable line-up according to Gazzetta.

12316528_959449254091157_5651102076249339948_n.jpg

Really like this just not sure about Niang on the right

We really need a proper RM, a creative one

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Maybe it will be more like a 4-2-4, playing the 2 defensively strongest mids could be a hint.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Maybe it will be more like a 4-2-4, playing the 2 defensively strongest mids could be a hint.

Remember Seedorf's 4-2-3-1 with 2 defensive mids (De Jong, Montolivo), 2 wingers, and Kaka more as a second striker than trequartista.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I agree with you, Calabria is so raw, don't overrate him.

It's one thing to say he's raw and we shouldn't overrate him after a good first impact and a slight decline in form (which is normal considered gametime and age).

It's completely different saying he's as shit as Kevin Constant. I mean... No words for this. I do respect the opinion of other people but this is just... wow.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Constant was not shit in his first season, he did well, even if he was a 'small player'.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
he was amazing, he tripped players with his schlong

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Constant was not shit in his first season, he did well, even if he was a 'small player'.

He was shit.
Difference is that in his second season there wasn't SeS to cover his ass for his defensive blunders and people figure him out.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
According to CorSera, Balotelli is not ready and will not be called up for tomorrow's match against Verona.

No striker in the bench = No Niang in the wing = Cerci

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Mr Mihajlovic has called-up 24 players:
- Goalkeepers:
Abbiati, Donnarumma, Livieri (97)
- Defenders:
Abate, Alex, Calabria, De Sciglio, Rodrigo Ely, Mexes, Romagnoli, Zapata
- Midfielders:
Bertolacci, Bonaventura, De Jong, Jos? Mauri, Kucka, Montolivo, Poli, Suso
- Attackers:
Bacca, Cerci, Honda, Luiz Adriano, Niang

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Des and Antonelli are out. Felicoli at Lb please.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Kucka >>>> De Jong for us.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Week 16: AC Milan - Hellas Verona F.C - Sun 13/12/2015 - 15:00 CET

:fp::fp::fp:

De Jong > Kucka

Really not sure about that. Kucka had some really great games and some bad games, just like the whole team. De Jong on the other hand, besides being Mr. tackling I don't know what else he can do with us.

But there is still this theory that in a midfield with two CMs he's good, and at the world cup in Brazil he was one of the best and covered a lot of holes, helped Netherlands a lot and I think him not being called up for NT for the qualifiers of the Europeans was a big misstake.

I'm curious about tomorrow and about who will play with Monto

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kucka >>>> De Jong for us.

Kucka has been much, much better defensively than De Jong ever was as a starter.

Really not sure about that. Kucka had some really great games and some bad games, just like the whole team. De Jong on the other hand, besides being Mr. tackling I don't know what else he can do with us.

But there is still this theory that in a midfield with two CMs he's good, and at the world cup in Brazil he was one of the best and covered a lot of holes, helped Netherlands a lot and I think him not being called up for NT for the qualifiers of the Europeans was a big misstake.

I'm curious about tomorrow and about who will play with Monto

Backpass/sidepass to infinity.

And in Brazil he played in a midfield of 5, hence why he looked good. Whenever he played as an anchor in Hollland's 4-3-3; they were horrible.

When they finally decided to drop him, the damage was done and they ended up not having enough points to go through to the Euro.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Monto-NDJ ? WHY?

NDJ the player who was a starter in World Cup, why you want Kucka, the player who was close to join a club in Turkey?

And if we want Niang in RM then of course e DM is needed, De Jong.

Like when we had Seedorf, DeJong-Monto in midfield, Honda, Taarabt wingers, Kaka SS and Balo CF.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
NDJ the player who was a starter in World Cup, why you want Kucka, the player who was close to join a club in Turkey?

And if we want Niang in RM then of course e DM is needed, De Jong.

Like when we had Seedorf, DeJong-Monto in midfield, Honda, Taarabt wingers, Kaka SS and Balo CF.
:fp:

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou

Well he can pass/assist

kaka-goal-vs-genoa-o.gif

He can get the odd goal

tumblr_n538n3GJlP1qaorn7o1_400.gif

When he tackles he doesn't start rolling around like a baby.

71N2Fj.gif

:proud:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
The same 3 gifs

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The problem with de Jong has always been that he was asked to do way more than he's capable of. Every coach we've had until miha tried to rely on him, and every single one failed. They see his experience and skillset, and asked him to be a leader technically and mentally. He just isn't that kind of guy.

I don't completely hate de Jong like some here do, though I wouldn't mind moving on from him. He doesn't fit the team here. At this current milan, he is one the best mids talent and experience wise. But realistically he fits in as a role player. For example, his passing we all know is decieving. He actually is a solid passer, and he knows how to move the ball out of pressure. But he doesn't have the best range, and isn't very innovative with the ball. Basically, he's the guy who won't lose the ball very often when the better passers give him the ball. At milan, he's expected to be one of those passers. And that's why he's been doomed his whole time here. Being a starter on holland is no joke, but he was a role player. He did his job and wasnt asked to carry the midfield. Here he is, and its terrible.

Regarding his future, I think the 442 is his last chance. With monto he won't be asked to be the long range passed, and montolivo can also position himself should de Jong go rogue on the hunt for a tackle. The wingers will make it so neither of them has to be overly creative. I think miha will be testing out de Jong to see how he does before winter break. We desperately need a dependable backup for monto, I'm sure miha is shitting his pants thinking about losing him. And with berto coming in, it's possible de Jong can maybe not be asked to do too much next to berto. I doubt it, but I'll give him a chance

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
De Jong job is much more straightforward in this formation. If he focuses just on destruction and playing simple passes to the more superior technical players around him (rather than attempting Pirlo passes), he'll do well in this role.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Week 16: AC Milan - Hellas Verona F.C - Sun 13/12/2015 - 15:00 CET

When he tackles he doesn't start rolling around like a baby.

71N2Fj.gif

:proud:

Gifs like this make me still love this guy :proud: Mr. Tackling right there

EDIT
Wasn't he going to score right after this tackle and saluting to the Curva? That was legendary

Schedule