Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Milan wins

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OVUNQUE CON TE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i really hated this celebration. this is just weak mentality. i can understand the celebration if we were 2-0 down and managed to win 3-2. but the opposite happened. well not exactly opposite but almost opposite.

I would call it the start of building a winning mentality, You don't think we were gonna become Bayern Munich over night did you?

Heaps of tiny steps all add up to one big step, Today was another little step on our road back.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Haven't watched the match yet but from reading the thread it seems Miha tried some things and they backfired. Good thing is we got the points and you have to try to work in players who may need to be called upon so it's not all bad.

You have to see what works and build chemistry - that doesn't just form on paper.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
i really hated this celebration. this is just weak mentality. i can understand the celebration if we were 2-0 down and managed to win 3-2. but the opposite happened. well not exactly opposite but almost opposite.

The 2nd half was hard work, so i can understand them celebrating in the manner they did.

xerazon

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
This are the Wins that count most when it comes to challenging Top 3!
I know Udine has their trubles and stuff but last year we would be like "yeah yeah, should have won we were 0:3 in the lead, but still it's udine a draw away isf fine". Look at bayern, barca or fakkin juve almost always, even they have their matches where they just cant score and somehow land a lucky punch in the last minutes and win the game. thats what makes a good team, keeping calm (calma calma calma :lol:) and have the faith in ones strengts as a team that you will manage to score that important winner or keep the lead.

last year we would have went all out with 424 or shit like that to score a winner or defend till the end to save the 2:3 just to lose 4:3 in the end :lol:

mentality wise this are VERY good signs!

Last edited:

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
"Montolivo isn't a captain, doesn't deserve the armband, de jong is the true leader" - RnB 2 weeks ago

Sc8eR

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Gerard, SeS
You can't analyze the game without mentioning the major turning point, which was when Udinese took out a CB for a CF at halftime and we didn't respond. This messed everything up. What changed for us that stabilized the game again was when we blocked the wings by changing formation.

Actually, thats exactly what we did. Respond.
They brought in big and powerful striker, so we replaced small and young FB for a big and powerful CB.
Problem was, Zapata sucks with the ball and cant play FB.
We also have problems with FB's injuries. For example, if we had Antoneli on the bench he would probably got in (and not Alex) for Calabria, since he is taller, better in the air and more experienced.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
800px-The_ladder_of_life_is_full_of_splinters.jpg

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
what the fuck? Romagnoli our worst? He was far from our worst player yesterday

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Lool exactly how was romagnoli our worst defender, let alone the worst player on the pitch?

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
a bit harsh on Romagnoli indeed, but it was not his best game

Honda was the worst IMO

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Actually, thats exactly what we did. Respond.
They brought in big and powerful striker, so we replaced small and young FB for a big and powerful CB.
Problem was, Zapata sucks with the ball and cant play FB.
We also have problems with FB's injuries. For example, if we had Antoneli on the bench he would probably got in (and not Alex) for Calabria, since he is taller, better in the air and more experienced.

That would be true IF Zapata came on for a forward, maintaining their shape. He didn't, he came on for a CB, and shifted a midfielder back. They went from 2 in front to 3, which meant our entire back line had to manage those three, and their side midfielders were free for the first time (before the change our full backs were tracking them)

Also, Romagnoli wasn't the WORST player (i'd say Alex or Bacca) but he didn't have a good game at ALL. At fault for the first goal, constantly losing his man, making rash tackles and conceding unnecessary fouls. Not a good game.

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
IMHO Honda is the flop, letting the ball off so many times & doesnt even contribute in defending.

Sc8eR

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Gerard, SeS
That would be true IF Zapata came on for a forward, maintaining their shape. He didn't, he came on for a CB, and shifted a midfielder back. They went from 2 in front to 3, which meant our entire back line had to manage those three, and their side midfielders were free for the first time (before the change our full backs were tracking them)

Also, Romagnoli wasn't the WORST player (i'd say Alex or Bacca) but he didn't have a good game at ALL. At fault for the first goal, constantly losing his man, making rash tackles and conceding unnecessary fouls. Not a good game.

Yea, they added a forward, we added a CB. So what your point?

Benny20

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I said it in the last game and i'll say it again. wins like this do wonders for a team. I'm still concerned by the number of goals we concede but this game had ..disgusting soul crunching draw written all over it. this is what would have happened last season.

fix the head work on the body. our mentality was our biggest weakness last year and it was the reason we performed the way we did. now we've seen a team respond in games this year and be able to grind out results. we can't and won't be able to ride our luck every week but what we are doing is currently playing ok ..and getting points while at the same time hopefully building some belief and confidence.

if the defence is a concern we at the same time need to be relatively positive with the attack. Bacca , Adriano and Balo have all put in hard working performances and have 5 goals between them in 5 matches. sure that isn't great but it's building something and building a spread of match winners.

while I don't want to jump ahead and overrate anyone we have to remember that in our last scudetto we had 3 players who each scored 14 goals for the season. our danger was our depth in attacking weapons. we still have menez to come back and Niang to offer relief.

I know we are a long way from the transfer window but it's clear we need to get our hands on a ball winning midfielder and I still think we need another top draw or thereabouts cb.

I'd love to say lets go and buy 5 more players but two players of very good quality in those positions make a difference for us.

Nasha

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I said it in the last game and i'll say it again. wins like this do wonders for a team. I'm still concerned by the number of goals we concede but this game had ..disgusting soul crunching draw written all over it. this is what would have happened last season.

fix the head work on the body. our mentality was our biggest weakness last year and it was the reason we performed the way we did. now we've seen a team respond in games this year and be able to grind out results. we can't and won't be able to ride our luck every week but what we are doing is currently playing ok ..and getting points while at the same time hopefully building some belief and confidence.

if the defence is a concern we at the same time need to be relatively positive with the attack. Bacca , Adriano and Balo have all put in hard working performances and have 5 goals between them in 5 matches. sure that isn't great but it's building something and building a spread of match winners.

while I don't want to jump ahead and overrate anyone we have to remember that in our last scudetto we had 3 players who each scored 14 goals for the season. our danger was our depth in attacking weapons. we still have menez to come back and Niang to offer relief.

I know we are a long way from the transfer window but it's clear we need to get our hands on a ball winning midfielder and I still think we need another top draw or thereabouts cb.

I'd love to say lets go and buy 5 more players but two players of very good quality in those positions make a difference for us.

:thumbsup:

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, Maldini, Sheva, Rino, Pirlo, Nesta, Kaka, Pippo, Baggio, Vieri, Totti
A win is a win.

#3points and that's all that matters.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
i think we cant be worst dressed than this... this is worst than our blue shirts.

Schedule