The 2010 FIFA World Cup Thread

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
'Just' need to kill Brazil in the quarter finals :D Rest will be a piece of cake for Robben, Persie & Elia :D

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Funny. I dont believe in Spain or Italy.

ahah, I understand 'bout Italy, I was SO close to give a different country the last 1 star (I considered my own country)...
but Italy is Italy you know, they don't need to be impressive before the WC, you know...

though, I wonder why you don't believe in Spain...

who do you believe in? :tongue: not my country, huh??

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Watcha know about Brian Ching, english?! he's coming to pound terry-rio in the face...

2002695014.jpg

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
because of Michael Bradley I kinda have sympathy for USA over many other teams :)

Sophie

chiamato Mr X
Reaction score
Fav. Players
everyone always
I believe in Italy :tongue:

some of my friends say I should be supporting England, but I don't care about any English footballers whereas I would kill to see Pirlo and Rino lift another WC :D

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
ahah, I understand 'bout Italy, I was SO close to give a different country the last 1 star (I considered my own country)...
but Italy is Italy you know, they don't need to be impressive before the WC, you know...

though, I wonder why you don't believe in Spain...

who do you believe in? :tongue: not my country, huh??

England, Germany, Holland, Argentina or an african nation.. i dont believe in Brazil.. this is not world cup, ours is 2014.

FIFA will make everything to avoid one country to wins 2 WC in a row.

And Spain won the EURO2008, they dont have power to win something right away again.. maybe more 40 years.

Holland time could be near. ;)

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
We can do it! :D

No way.. Sorry buddy.
I think Italy will not even reach the knock out stage.

I dont know.. but i think if germany play nice and quietly without mistakes, they will win.

:)

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
We can defeat New Zealand and Paraguay but will lose to Slovakia. 2nd round is already clinched

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
No way.. Sorry buddy.
I think Italy will not even reach the knock out stage.

I dont know.. but i think if germany play nice and quietly without mistakes, they will win.

:)

So you tip Germany...

Interesting... well, maybe... at least more realistic than ''Holland time'':tongue:

who is gonna be Germany's star attacker? Mario Gomez? I have faith in him!

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli

They couldn't stop us then, what makes you think they can stop us now? (Yes I know about the conspiracy theories). :tongue:

20090211202844.jpg
Italy+1938.jpg

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
They couldn't stop us then, what makes you think they can stop us now? (Yes I know about the conspiracy theories). :tongue:

you got Italian family or you just feel very close to Italy (because of Milan?)?

I will support Italy too:D and Germany!

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
I believe in Italy :tongue:

some of my friends say I should be supporting England, but I don't care about any English footballers whereas I would kill to see Pirlo and Rino lift another WC :D
Don't worry about it .The only way supporting another country would be wrong is if that country were Brazil :cool:

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
you got Italian family or you just feel very close to Italy (because of Milan?)?

I will support Italy too:D and Germany!

Parents, grandparents, great-grandparents all Italian. I was born in Italy too, but for some reason my parents thought it would be best to move into this icebox. :tongue: (No I kid they had good reasons).

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Don't worry about it .The only way supporting another country would be wrong is if that country were Brazil :cool:

supporting brazil is cool. I hope you wear ur new york yankees hat and celtics warm up jacket along w/ your selecao jersey

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Parents, grandparents, great-grandparents all Italian. I was born in Italy too, but for some reason my parents thought it would be best to move into this icebox. :tongue: (No I kid they had good reasons.)

I see.... that's cool :)

I know one very good reason!:tongue:

SixOneFive

Long Live Don Silvio
Reaction score
Parents, grandparents, great-grandparents all Italian. I was born in Italy too, but for some reason my parents thought it would be best to move into this icebox. :tongue: (No I kid they had good reasons).

Where were you born in Italy? I'm a generation behind the first generation to be born in America, so it was mainly my grandparents (and uncle) that got me into all this, even though they lived in Florence longer than in Milan lol

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Where were you born in Italy? I'm a generation behind the first generation to be born in America, so it was mainly my grandparents (and uncle) that got me into all this, even though they lived in Florence longer than in Milan lol

Born in Catanzaro. I guess I should be supporting.. Reggina? :tongue:

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Does Toronto or any other part of Canada have an Italian population?

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Does Toronto or any other part of Canada have an Italian population?

Yea! Little Italy (on College St.) is where I spent the best days of my childhood.

Also, from what I hear Montreal and Vancouver have a pretty good Italian population. :)

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
americanflag.gif

I'm hoping that we'll at least advance out of the group stage. The WC is on non-European soil and we have done well in those World Cups.

I do support Italy, since most of my favorite players are Italian, and I'm not a fan of the countries where my ancestors are from.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
americanflag.gif

I'm hoping that we'll at least advance out of the group stage. The WC is on non-European soil and we have done well in those World Cups.

I do support Italy, since most of my favorite players are Italian, and I'm not a fan of the countries where my ancestors are from.

where is that?

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
no matrix no racial abuse to the worlds best player and no wc

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
^ No Byron Moreno and Gamal Al-Ghandour, and Italy and Spain wouldn't have been unceremoniously dumped out of WC 2002, decreasing the likelihood of a walkover WC and a final against Ballack-less Germany :head:

England, Germany, Holland, Argentina or an african nation.. i dont believe in Brazil.. this is not world cup, ours is 2014.

And Spain won the EURO2008, they dont have power to win something right away again.. maybe more 40 years.

Holland time could be near. ;)

Interesting analogy which I actually kind of agree with. However, I wouldn't rule out Brazil winning it now, and losing it at home ... more of a shock, adds to the excitement.

Schedule