W*NKERS! (Spain vs. England)

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario
you see we haven't started discussing politics and there is disharmony in d forum.lets forget what happened in spain,racism still thrives everywhere but it is just a pity it happened in a soccer game,i hope the two teams learn their lessons.

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
scharatz said:
I'm acting like them? If I recall correctly, I'm the one who called them wankers and defended the players, whereas you and missy here said it was deserved. "It's their own fault". Sure...

And no, it doesn't happen in England. It used to happen in 70s and 80s but not anymore. Shame the rest of the world can't follow the example.

belive me scharatz it still happens in england u shouldn't deny that ,but i ain't going into details lets just leave it like that ok,wankers or not the two countries have questions to answer.

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
Passion for *9* said:
Tirelessly hacking the Spaniards off their feet, maybe ? :o They came on the pitch with an attitude, behaving like bullies + not like professional football players, the tension was very palpable all the time, I didn't need to see the whole match to notice...
Rooney by far was the worst, but i don't believe the Espanholas were making monkey noises at him, despite his conduct.

Its racism at its purest. Its prevalent in every society, and unfortunately, regardless of any awareness campaigns or mediation, will always exist in one form or another - its simply a part of human nature.

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
scharatz said:
-Shame the rest of the world can't follow the example.
An English giving advice on how crowds should behave. :)

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pixiraver said:
belive me scharatz it still happens in england u shouldn't deny that ,but i ain't going into details lets just leave it like that ok,wankers or not the two countries have questions to answer.
Your right mate. England still suffer from it. Milwall fans are not the most friendly.

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
juninho-paulista said:
Rooney by far was the worst, but i don't believe the Espanholas were making monkey noises at him, despite his conduct.
His tackles?

pfft they were alright. at least he wanted the ball.

Id rather players today be 'too rough' than on the ground pretenting to be hurt.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
scharatz said:
I'm acting like them? If I recall correctly, I'm the one who called them wankers and defended the players, whereas you and missy here said it was deserved. "It's their own fault". Sure...
Who is 'missy' ? :rolleyes: If you are referring to me, well, first I'm not your missy, second I didn't claim it was their own fault but asked to at least take into consideration such simple things as cause + effect .. or action + reaction.. When the English show up in Spain wearing those ani-racism t-shirts (according to the Spanish media they did) + thus taking a side-swipe at Aragones + the Spanish people, hinting they are racists, they should not be that surprised if people feel offended.. What sucks is the sweeping generalisation that brands a whole people as racist when in reality it is only a minority + only a minority of those who made the noises are really racist. The rest wasn't thinking or felt provoked + did it as a reaction on a certain attitude displayed by the English players. That's what the average Spanish folks say in the media.. Racist chants are not the rule in Spanish stadiums, I never hear monkey noises towards some Brazilian or African players of colour in La Liga, yet the English media harps on + on about it + creates a very distorted picture of the average Spanish football fan. Well.. it's so much easier to make a mountain out of this molehill than dedicate their energy to dealing with their sub-par performance on the pitch, isn't it ? :o

scharatz said:
And no, it doesn't happen in England. It used to happen in 70s and 80s but not anymore. Shame the rest of the world can't follow the example.
Bullshit. It happened in the 90s + it happens now, maybe not among the ManU or Arsenal or Chelsea crowd but even those big clubs were campaigning for years + years + years to raise awareness + educate their fans. Not making those noises + sing those chants btw doesn't mean people are less racist, it just means they behave cos otherwise they'd be disciplined + might end up with a stadium ban. So what has been cured is not the disease but one symptom, that of displaying a certain behaviour in the stadium. Anyway, fact remains you have enough skinheads + white supremacist people also in England. And a whole bunch of violent 'fans' who just travel Europe to get their sick kicks by beating up people, starting fights everywhere, smash shop windows, destroy vehicles, raise hell in trams, buses, trains + subways etc etc. Why can't they follow the example of the peaceful Scots ? :o I have a huge problem with this presumptuous 'England + everything English is better than the rest' attitude :rolleyes:

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
Anyway, fact remains you have enough skinheads + white supremacist people also in England.
Yes...

Good thing Germany never has/had a white supremacist group hey.

Oh hang on. One comes to mind...

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Come on guys, that's not the topic here.

The point is that there were racist chants during the game and that was wrong. Whether you choose to defend that or not is your own choice.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
I am appalled at behavior displayed by my compatriots in Madrid. I refuse to target blame on the display because it is a never-ending, no-win situation that will eventually plummet me and everyone else straight into the bowels of hell. Doesn't sound like too much fun.

As a Spanish citizen, an apology to all. (whether its necessary or not, its there).

As for the antiquated history discussion of racism regarding Passion & Melbourne, bring it to a cessation.

Yan Dao

La Bandiera
Reaction score
spain_wideweb__430x296.jpg

These two played last night and didn't receive any racist taunts, only cheers.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Yan Dao said:

As stated earlier by myself, it is foreign for an event such as the one that occured, to take place during a La Liga match.

By the way, I hate these two. (not for their skin color though) ;)

redondo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona, Rivera, Redondo, Baresi, Riquelme, Aimar, Lucho, Mascherano, Tevez, Maxi, Pupi, Rosales
i see problem is not england fans doing in past.problem is what happnde at stadio bernabau.
i m against racisim of all kind
so m with scharatz all the way.
its a shame
and move on england.u r harshly done ouyside yr state.
i feel it disgusted task.
shane shame shame

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Melbourne said:
An English giving advice on how crowds should behave. :)
Thanks melbourne u sure know what u r saying,racism thrives in england and u and i and also scharatz know that,we only pray it ebbs away,England shouldn't make much noise about this one.

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
pixiraver said:
racism thrives in england and u and i and also scharatz know that,we only pray it ebbs away,England shouldn't make much noise about this one.
No offence, but that's just bullshit. Yes, racism is present everywhere in one way or another, but England surely is the country where the problem is much smaller than in some other countries. Besides, how would you know, you live thousands of miles away? :rolleyes:

Yan Dao said:

Roberto Carlos was racially abused throughout the match (monkey noises). I guess it shows the true picture of the Spanish football.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
DonippoRuiShevdini said:
As for the antiquated history discussion of racism regarding Passion & Melbourne, bring it to a cessation.

:conf:

I guess I can only bring to cessation what I'm actually involved in :o Or did you mean I should get started on the issue + then bring it to cessation ? :tongue: ;)

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Yorke said he had been abused by two home fans as he warmed up prior to his 74th-minute introduction as substitute.
One, allegedly, made a monkey noise at him while the other gave him the finger. Wrong, yes, but hardly comparable to the 2 games mentioned previously ;)

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Passion for *9* said:
:conf:

I guess I can only bring to cessation what I'm actually involved in :o Or did you mean I should get started on the issue + then bring it to cessation ? :tongue: ;)
Your interpretation is usually spot on. ;)

Carry on :)

Yan Dao

La Bandiera
Reaction score
scharatz said:
Roberto Carlos was racially abused throughout the match (monkey noises). I guess it shows the true picture of the Spanish football.

Why, and why only Roberto Carlos? Because he plays for Real Madrid? Why didn't we get reports of Ronaldo getting it also?

I agree that racism is prevalent everywhere, I just think your 2nd statement above is over-generalised. ;)

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
scharatz said:

Man nobody was racially abusing Carlos!!!!!!Where did you come up with that?And "IF" they booed Carlos it is not cos' of the colour of his skin!!!!They also booed Figo.So does that mean that the Spanish also hate portugeese or is it maybe the were booing him for obvious reasons:rolleyes:

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yan Dao said:

Very silly thing to say.

The are 2 of the best players at a SPANISH CLUB.

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
DonippoRuiShevdini said:
As stated earlier by myself, it is foreign for an event such as the one that occured, to take place during a La Liga match.

By the way, I hate these two. (not for their skin color though) ;)
I love them :proud:

Along with Sir Puyol best 3 players at Spains best club :proud:

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
scharatz said:
No offence, but that's just bullshit. Yes, racism is present everywhere in one way or another, but England surely is the country where the problem is much smaller than in some other countries. Besides, how would you know, you live thousands of miles away? :rolleyes:
Mate... racsim is everywhere n world football, no one is disputing that. England is recent times has been 'better' than and trying to inprove. The kick racsim out of football campain is a good symbol.

Saying that, England is still ripe with racists. A group of 5/7 of my friend attended Portgual for Euro (mixture of Greek/England fans). Did you see England ont he news? Once prolly the worse fans there.

Ive got a family friend which father is a Celtic die hard. I doubt anything compares to that relgious hate but even today that stuff still exists in Great Briten.

btw - my soccer coach lived in Milwal for 20/30 years. Milwall have shocking fans when it comes to rasim.

These are just personal exprences. From Tv/internet you can tell there are alot of blokes like in England. England vs Argentian is pretty full on... Falklin War flags and stuff :eek:

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Monday, November 22, 2004

Dwight right to face down racists

English football's anti-racism campaign Kick It Out has backed Dwight Yorke over his decision to confront an abusive fan on Sunday.
Birmingham striker Yorke suffered racist taunts as he warmed up as a substitute during yesterday's Premiership fixture at Blackburn.

Yorke, as a former Rovers player, was not unusually booed on his first re-appearance at Ewood Park but when the insults turned racist he went over the speak to an abusive fan.

The isolated incident was not on the same scale as the abuse suffered by England players in Spain last week but Piara Powar, director of Kick It Out, believes Yorke was right to act as he did.

Powar told Sky Sports: 'Dwight Yorke is affected by it and sometimes I feel players will always feel it necessary to get involved.

'We have to understand the impact of racial abuse of this kind has on the individuals involved.

'I cannot think of anything worse for someone from a minority background.

'We would encourage all players, spectators and everyone around the game to report racism whenever it occurs rather than turning a blind eye to it.'

A fan was ejected from the ground after the incident and the matter is now due to be investigated by the Football Association and Blackburn.

Yes that was d report by dwight yorke now who was saying racism doesn't thrive in england and it is smaller compared to other countries?To me i belive it exist in d largest quantity if i can use that .

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Edi said:
Man nobody was racially abusing Carlos!!!!!!Where did you come up with that?And "IF" they booed Carlos it is not cos' of the colour of his skin!!!!They also booed Figo.So does that mean that the Spanish also hate portugeese or is it maybe the were booing him for obvious reasons:rolleyes:
I heard it on the TV perhaps? Oh, no, I actually invented it :rolleyes:
And it wasn't booing, it was monkey noises. Read my post properly before you give a non-related reply to it.

Melbourne said:
Ive got a family friend which father is a Celtic die hard. I doubt anything compares to that relgious hate but even today that stuff still exists in Great Briten.
Mate, you don't know what racism is ;) The "religious hate" you're on about happens between the pro-British (Rangers) and pro-Irish (Celtic) people. Hence the trouble in Northern Ireland. That's got nothing to do with racism against minorities or whatever.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Oh yea, BBC reported the alleged 'racial abuse' against R. Carlos.. They also give a lot of space to EPL players to pursue their 'Axe Aragones' agenda. This is where it has to stop; whoever fills the position of Spanish national coach is none of Cole's or Vieira's business.

Some players are booed cos they're being disliked, that definitely goes for R. Carlos who doesn't seem to have many fans left due to stuff he said + did in the past, I don't see booing him with monkey noise any different than booing him with whistles or chants.

So here's the next prob, should booing + whistling generally be outlawed ? After all it's insulting + if monkey noise is racial abuse, booing + nasty chants could be interpreted as 'emotional + mental abuse' :o

Last edited:

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Oh yea, BBC reported the alleged 'racial abuse' against R. Carlos...
Who said it was BBC? I've heard it on live TV. And it doesn't matter who reported it, the point is that it was there.

Passion for *9* said:
I don't see booing him with monkey noise any different than booing him with whistles or chants.
I really don't know what to say about that. And I don't see why do you persist in your defending of some racist thugs.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
scharatz said:
Who said it was BBC? I've heard it on live TV. And it doesn't matter who reported it, the point is that it was there.
Yea.. in the BRITISH media. It's their flavour-of-the-month pet peeve.
scharatz said:
I really don't know what to say about that. And I don't see why do you persist in your defending of some racist thugs.
You get sth wrong. R. Carlos was not abused cos of his skin colour, but cos some people think he's an asshole. Whether they whistle, chant or make whatever type of noise I could care less about. The context here is clearly not a racist one. Period. It has got nothing to do with defending racists.

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Yea.. in the BRITISH media. It's their flavour-of-the-month pet peeve.
Again, who said anything about the British media? And again, it doesn't matter what media was it, what matters is that it happened. I'm sorry to hear that you've got nothing against it.