The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

View Poll Results: Which Bakayoko do you think we got ?
Monacoyoko 43 74.14%
Chelseayoko 15 25.86%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-05-2019, 19:56   #581
necromancer
Il Diamante

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Nah Barella is a more useful player to have in your side. Forget the stats, he gives his all for 90 minutes, nipping in and out of every battle. Kessie stays focused for around 60 minutes and then just plays like a primavera player.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2019, 20:47   #582
Hitchens
Progress of a kind

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Nah Barella is a more useful player to have in your side. Forget the stats, he gives his all for 90 minutes, nipping in and out of every battle. Kessie stays focused for around 60 minutes and then just plays like a primavera player.
Didn't Kessie give his all for Atalanta? His issues are mental, I hope they're fixable.
Hitchens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2019, 06:27   #583
mleite
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo

So they are flooding Milan’s social media accounts with “Redeem Bakayoko” hashtags ... I hope we can & we do!

Signature
Forza Milan! ❤️
mleite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2019, 06:28   #584
necromancer
Il Diamante

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post
Didn't Kessie give his all for Atalanta? His issues are mental, I hope they're fixable.

Not really. Kessie must have started and finished around half of their matches that season. He was often subbed early or subbed in later. He’s a great short duration player, I don’t think he has the ability to stay focused for 90 mins.

Milan is significantly overplaying him. His physical stamina allows him to stay on but his output is really poor later on in the game.

Signature
Old 14-05-2019, 07:18   #585
Hitchens
Progress of a kind

Last edited by Hitchens; 14-05-2019 at 07:28.
Old 14-05-2019, 07:22   #586
Hitchens
Progress of a kind

Last edited by Hitchens; 14-05-2019 at 07:28.
Old 14-05-2019, 07:46   #587
Ronin
Suso's left foot

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post
Is Barella way superior to Kessie offensively? Really? 1 goal and 4 assists vs Kessies 5 goals and 2 assists. Kessie can be annoying as fuck at times but he will probably thrive once our team is able to create more offensively.
Stats alone don't tell everything. You can contribute to goals without having the final shot or pass. Also, a couple of Kessie's goals are from PK.

I didn't see too much of Barella, but when I did he seemed quite good. Seems more balanced than Kessie, who is just brute force and no brains.

Signature
We practice unpopular culture, that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2019, 09:34   #588
fray
Casciavit

Would you guys prefer a DM (Bakayoko) that is defensive, physical and breaks up the play or a ball playing? DM (Sensi)
fray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2019, 09:47   #589
necromancer
Il Diamante

The position on the field is secondary. We need a physically strong midfielder who can trap the ball and move the ball (Bakayoko), we need a technical midfielder with vision who can pick out great passes (Sensi), we need multiple midfielders with the timing and intelligence to move into channels and score goals (Kessie upgrades).

We might not get it all in one transfer window, but that's ideally where we should be headed.

Signature
Old 14-05-2019, 15:38   #590
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
The position on the field is secondary. We need a physically strong midfielder who can trap the ball and move the ball (Bakayoko), we need a technical midfielder with vision who can pick out great passes (Sensi), we need multiple midfielders with the timing and intelligence to move into channels and score goals (Kessie upgrades).

We might not get it all in one transfer window, but that's ideally where we should be headed.
That is simply not true, trying to build a squad with players that can relatively play in any position just due some characteristics they have is what got us into this mess.

There's two things we need to do:

- first thing is getting a coach with a clear tactic.
- second thing is buying players tailored made for that specific tactic.

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2019, 18:41   #591
necromancer
Il Diamante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
That is simply not true, trying to build a squad with players that can relatively play in any position just due some characteristics they have is what got us into this mess.

There's two things we need to do:

- first thing is getting a coach with a clear tactic.
- second thing is buying players tailored made for that specific tactic.
I don't get you.. All coaches want players of certain characteristics who can fit their tactics. The position on the pitch being important is very much a video game concept.

Signature
Old 14-05-2019, 19:15   #592
vB9
Man with a Plan

Fav. Players: Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Quote:
The position on the pitch being important is very much a video game concept.
Another quote for dru to add.

Signature
Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta, Panucci, Albertini, Boban, Gullit, Rijkaard, van Basten, Weah, Papin, Sheva, Leo, Ancelotti, Savicevic, Desailly, Rui Costa, Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Zambrotta, Donadoni, Pirlo, Baggio, Stam, Redondo, Crespo
vB9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2019, 13:48   #593
helloAgain
World Cup Winner

Quote:
I don't get you.. All coaches want players of certain characteristics who can fit their tactics. The position on the pitch being important is very much a video game concept.
i agree. tactics change, formation change even during same game let alone throughout the season. more than position, we need players with good movements and better techniques. for example we have no players who can dribble past opponents, no players who can outpace opponents, no players who can pick passes when players are making runs, no players who can slow down the game when we are out of breath.

baka is somewhat good on holding the ball and getting out of trouble, paqueta seems to be able to do some tricks, suso can send in some good crosses, hakan can switch sides and that's it we have no option to attack or dictate the tempo or break down stubborn defenses. how can we have any identity like this?
helloAgain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2019, 21:06   #594
vB9
Man with a Plan

You need to decide wot type of player Mbaka is for you. Give you an example:

The Lazio game, the one we lost, the cup game. Mbaka took the ball from near the centre circle and ran with it, he even did a bit of a Piazza from Brazil '70 in the run-up and managed to get close to Lazio's box... end result was he got fouled and fell.

That for me is a bonus, this is not wot I look to him to do in a game first and foremost... I dont want him to be my Laudrup, I'll go buy a Laudrup.

Now, in the same game, the same half, 2/3 mins later the game was in our half on the righ side of the pitch (Lazio's left), Lazio player was running down the flank and he had a teammate slightly ahead of him who he made the pass to... Mbaka was nonchalantly jogging towards them without any sense of rush or concern, if he had, he couldve intercepted the pass or stuck his leg out and put the ball out of play but he didnt, wot happened was the pass was completed and the other teammate got the ball and put in a dangerous cross... went right past everyone on the 12 yard line.

Thats wot I want Mbaka to do first and foremost... shut down attacks... he's horrible at it.

Signature
Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta, Panucci, Albertini, Boban, Gullit, Rijkaard, van Basten, Weah, Papin, Sheva, Leo, Ancelotti, Savicevic, Desailly, Rui Costa, Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Zambrotta, Donadoni, Pirlo, Baggio, Stam, Redondo, Crespo

Last edited by vB9; 15-05-2019 at 21:22.
Old 16-05-2019, 09:53   #595
helloAgain
World Cup Winner

you give one example and say he is horrible?
Old 16-05-2019, 11:58   #596
vB9
Man with a Plan

So awfully sorry, I didnt know there was a threshold... how many wud you like me to submit?

Signature
Old 17-05-2019, 12:26   #597
helloAgain
World Cup Winner

at least two.
Old 17-05-2019, 21:29   #598
Savo
Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey

Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

Quote:
Originally Posted by fray View Post
Would you guys prefer a DM (Bakayoko) that is defensive, physical and breaks up the play or a ball playing? DM (Sensi)
Both, I have wanted to play a 4-2-3-1 for a long time and the 2 DM's would be a mix. 1 more playmaking and ball control, and the other more of a powerhouse who is good in the air and breaks plays up. Then in front of them in that CM/CAM spot would be Paqueta to link the midfield with attack

Signature
My favorite goal (the 2nd one) - Kaka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiMVT...eature=related

Maldini... true legend... the best
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8rqnwVBVQE
Savo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2019, 10:18   #599
Ronin
Suso's left foot

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

I don't see Paqueta so much as a CAM. I think LCM fits him better

Signature
We practice unpopular culture, that is honour, courage and commitment!
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:12   #600
mleite
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo

Very sorry indeed to see that we are not redeeming Baka. One of our best players last season & I think if we had been willing to pay the fee he would have stayed with us.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvIGG44A...d=7il0hf3l1zhs

Signature
Forza Milan! ❤️
mleite is offline   Reply With Quote