I think

Abbiati
Abate-Nesta-Silva-
Bommel
RCM-LCM
CAM/SS
Zlatan-CF/SS

The names are the set spots

It interesting because do you want to sacrifice Nocerinos effort for Boatengs attacking prowess and skill

Do you want to put in Pato who may still be inconsistent for a Cassano who could change the game

Put Robinho at CAM or SS/CF despite his shit finishing but awesome movement

Aquilani, while not being as well rounded as Dorf, yet a better passer but not yet intergrated into the team and not as consistent as Dorf either

Do you risk playing Dorf despite the chance he puts in a shit preformance

Really is hard to choose

The only spot that im uncertain of who id let play in of the ones mentiond would be the 2nd striker to pair with ibra. Cassano robinho pato as you say all have different qualities.

Aqui for dorf? No way never for me at this moment. Dorf have been really good this season thus far. Definate starter for me.

Nocerino id sub in to secure games. I really like him just think boa offers more when fully fit.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
With a full strength squad.......

Who would you guys play??

I think

Abbiati
Abate-Nesta-Silva-
Bommel
RCM-LCM
CAM/SS
Zlatan-CF/SS

The names are the set spots

It interesting because do you want to sacrifice Nocerinos effort for Boatengs attacking prowess and skill

Do you want to put in Pato who may still be inconsistent for a Cassano who could change the game

Put Robinho at CAM or SS/CF despite his shit finishing but awesome movement

Aquilani, while not being as well rounded as Dorf, yet a better passer but not yet intergrated into the team and not as consistent as Dorf either

Do you risk playing Dorf despite the chance he puts in a shit preformance

Really is hard to choose

Fully fit squad?

Robinho - Ibrahimovic

Boateng (Aquilani)

Seedorf (Aquilani) - Van Bommel - Nocerino

Taiwo - Silva - Nesta - Abate

Abbiati

We desperately need a starting LCM :-)fp:) a CAM and a backup for Van Bommel...

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Fucking 2000 all over again!!!:angry:

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
To put things in perspective :

Out of our 5 matches
-3 teams are currently in the top 3 (the other 8th and 19th)(3 of the top 5 last season too)
-2 of those matches were away .
-both losses occurred after midweek-CL
-3 of those teams are the top defensive teams (Udi,Juve + Napoli)
-2 of those teams are 1 goal off top goal scorers (Juve+Napoli:9 goals)
-2 of those teams are the only remaining unbeaten teams in SA (Juve,Udi)
-Intermittent injuries to -Ibra,Abate,KPB,Pato,Rino,Taiwo,Ambrosini,Zambrotta and "long term" injuries to Binho,Flamini and Mexes

Sure we could have done better ,but we have had IMO one of the toughest opening fixture lists, bar none ...doesn't get any easier with Palermo . In that sense I get why we didn't play much fixtures preseason,imagine what Dorf,Nesta and Van Bommel would be like had they played 3-4 games extra :eek:.

I think we are set up to peak at the right time ,with the right fixtures :

4DAte.png

With the exception of Roma and Inter it is a favourable schedule,with the winter break taking place after the match vs Cagliari ....barring key injuries we could make up some ground

Napoli ,in all honesty, needed a good start to stand any chance of challenging for the title ...their fixture list is :eek: ,I fully expect them to drop off
wTnYB.png
laurentiis.jpg

The highlighted fixtures :OMG

They are bound to suffer injuries ,they won't be able to sustain their level of intensity ....in addition their gameplan revolves around counters ,no surprise that their best games came against traditionally big teams who aren't afraid to attack ..the smaller teams will give them a challenge and it is the smaller teams which ultimately decide the Scudetto

Inter are in the same boat as us ,slightly harder ,as the have a much more level group in CL ...Juve still have many things to sort out ...+ have a tough run of fixtures ,are "fortunate" to not have any European commitments and Roma...meh

Still a long way to go

FORZA MILAN :thumbsup:

Last edited:

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score

Out of our 5 matches
-3 teams are currently in the top 3 (the other 8th and 19th)(3 of the top 5 last season too)
-Intermittent injuries to -Ibra,Abate,KPB,Pato,Rino,Taiwo,Ambrosini,Zambrotta and "long term" injuries to Binho,Flamini and Mexes

Sure we could have done better ,but we have had IMO one of the toughest opening fixture lists, bar none ...doesn't get any easier with Palermo . In that sense I get why we didn't play much fixtures preseason,imagine what Dorf,Nesta and Van Bommel would be like had they played 3-4 games extra :eek:.

4DAte.png

With the exception of Roma and Inter it is a favourable schedule,with the winter break taking place after the match vs Cagliari ....barring key injuries we could make up some ground

Napoli ,in all honesty, needed a good start to stand any chance of challenging for the title ...their fixture list is :eek: ,I fully expect them to drop off
wTnYB.png
laurentiis.jpg

They are bound to suffer injuries ,they won't be able to sustain their level of intensity ....in addition their gameplan revolves around counters ,no surprise that their best games came against traditionally big teams who aren't afraid to attack ..the smaller teams will give them a challenge and it is the smaller teams which ultimately decide the Scudetto

Inter are in the same boat as us ,slightly harder ,as the have a much more level group in CL ...Juve still have many things to sort out ...+ have a tough run of fixtures ,are "fortunate" to not have any European commitments and Roma...meh

Still a long way to go

for once the facts are with us

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score

Out of our 5 matches

4DAte.png

wTnYB.png
laurentiis.jpg

Still a long way to go

Bless You Sonny.Bill.Williams :thumbsup:

FORZA MILAN :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

sanzen

Banned
Reaction score
napoli has been doing a great job so far. congratulations to them. would be nice if they had their own stadium like juve. they have a crazy fan base and a nice team. good luck to them in the future.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
241131_A_C__Milan.jpg

Nocerino = anchor
Boateng = box-to-box

A bit FM-ish, but I'd like to see how well Nocerino can take on the anchor role.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
AC MILAN, THIS IS REAL CRISIS Defense and attack the evils Rossoneri 03/10/11

All the problems of Milan have come to light in disastorsa match against Juventus .

The defense, despite the good performance of Thiago Silva , suffers too many goals, and the attack is sterile: average goals conceded facts-negative. To complicate matters we also make accidents. Allegri , not at fault, can use these two weeks to stop riodirnare ideas to recover some important men.

DEFENCE

We start from the number one problem: defense . Eight officers and eleven goals conceded games are numbers merciless condemning the whole department backlog, including the goalkeeper.

Only on two occasions, against the modest and Viktoria Plzen Cesena, Abbiati has finished the game without collecting the ball in the back of the net.

Even Thiago Silva , confirmed Sunday by Sunday one of the best, he manages to keep up the cabin. Confusion and distractions often than joy for the attackers opponents.

ATTACK

A greater emphasis on the problems of defense you put also the attack, which is not as devastating as that of last year.

Surely to penalize the department there are accidents of Robinho , Pato's first time and Ibrahimovic, but can not be justified.

Ideas are a few shots to the goalkeeper and opponents are even less. They often seek entries of midfielders, but in the long run does not have gasoline in the legs. Between defense and attack are the median workloads. Also here are the numbers to nail the package: 5 league goals in five games.

ALLEGRI

Rossoneri coach is in confusion. Lately it hard to read the game and changes are not always well chosen.

Last time in order to Emanuelson for Cassano to 61 'against Juventus. Okay stem the fury of the Bianconeri, but take away a player who can solve the race at any time with a spell has not proved to be a winning move.

The Rossoneri are unable to develop harmonious and fluid gameplay. Often one by the defense and try to jump long balls in midfield that lead to little or nothing. The distances between departments are long.

The physical condition does not seem optimal when the opposing team runs, the Milan suffers and taking the pace down the Rossoneri face increasingly deployed defenses.

There is no maneuvering speed and there is no one who seeks the depth enlarging the space.

INJURIES

The last in chronological order is to Nesta , which is being added to the defections of Abate, Mexes, Robinho, Gattuso, Flamini and Pato.

The stop comes at the right time for the Rossoneri against Palermo are hoping to recover Robinho, Gattuso, Abate, and also Nesta Mexes.

Ko physicists who have previously also affected Ibra, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Boateng and El Shaarawy. Doing the arithmetic quickly are less players who were always available.

LARGE QUANTITIES

In season the Milan suffers from the big match , usually the strengths of the Rossoneri.

After the great start against Inter in the Italian Super Cup men Allegri's side drew against Barcelona, ​​playing badly, Lazio and Udinese, at home, and lost to Napoli and Juventus.

The latter two blows that have left their mark and complicate plans for a long title for the Rossoneri.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

Out of our 5 matches

4DAte.png

wTnYB.png
laurentiis.jpg

Still a long way to go

My man :proud: teaching americans how to use stats :star:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
any news on yepes and taiwo? because allegri can't be that idiotic to not have them on the bench.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Nice analysis SBW. November looks shit tough for napoli but i just noticed that there's an international break so some of their players (their defenders) will get a rest. If its just friendlies i'm sure Hamsik Cavani Inler etc will try to get their bosses to give them less PT.

Either ways Bayern Juventus Lazio and City in one month is shit tough even though 3 of those matches are at home.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Ac milan, pato runs to the bate 07/10/11

AC MILAN, PATO RUNS TO THE BATE Return to the Champions League, and Mexes Binho OK

Glimmers of light for AC Milan . Cheerful hopes that within a week only positive news come out of the infirmary.

From Alexandre Pato . Her recovery is progressing well and the "duck" would revert to the challenge for the Champions League against BATE Borisov.

At the start of the season against Palermo, but they may have Robinho , at least on the bench. Ready to return even Mexes .

Van Bommel: "I WANT TO CLOSE IN PSV"
In training camp with the Dutch national team, Mark Van Bommel showed very clear ideas on its future : "I want to end my career at PSV Eindhoven.
I'm still attached to that club, I follow him closely and I have frequent contacts with different members of society. When I come back
- he said - I want to win titles. "

The Dutch club - in recent days - had opened the floodgates. The Milan midfielder, who has already played at PSV Eindhoven from 1999 to 2005, has a contract expiring in June 2012 .

GOODBYE Hero NARDI
Sad Tuesday for Milan and Milan fans: died at 80 years Gianni Nardi , vice president for 27 years, the Rossoneri and central character, decisive in the delicate period when the company, under the management-Flour, risked failure .

Nardi was getting the shares to save the Milan club for the Court and turning, allowing the purchase of the club, Silvio Berlusconi . Rossoneri great grief of the brotherhood.

"Our president, the entire leadership of AC Milan, the staff, players, all employees of Via Turati, Milanello and Central Vismara, all employees will greet the figure, with infinite emotion", reads the site AC Milan, where he also published a heartfelt remembrance: "The sympathy of the entire AC Milan - we read - and 'the same for all Milan fans.

Every athlete holds the Rossoneri today embrace the family to which we address more' feel and sincere condolences. Gianni Nardi was a huge AC Milan. Entrepreneur important, family man, passionate and clean person. But most of all a lover of our colors.

The former AC Milan star and after the very difficult after the early '80s, built the 'right him. It was not the president, but it was as if it were. It was he who persuaded Nils Liedholm to return to Milan in 1984.

He was to promote the strengthening of the team with the purchase of Terraneo, Di Bartolomei, Virdis, Wilkins and Hateley . apt to draw conclusions on the victories of Milan in television, told AC Milan with a smile. polemic Never, never leading.

Milani A great substance. If the AC Milan Silvio Berlusconi and 'Club became the most' headline in the world, it must be also to its availability 'in the difficult months of the rescue of the club's then new management leaders' his efforts and his passion, to the point of wanting at all costs with the Vice-President. John, let me salute with emotion , so much, and love, but also with pride to having been among us and with us.

You have won everything. The last Scudetto, the last Super Cup. You were there and rejoiced. Now you're gone ', but our history will' always with you. Paron and said goodbye to the Barone and thank you for everything.
"

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
AC MILAN, SEEDORF AS A PLAYMAKER: "Solution and alternative" 08/10/11

The break for National, as well as for the recovery of the injured , has served to Allegri to try new solutions : "Robinho is already at a good level, we'll see if it is already available with Palermo," says the technician, who thinks a Seedorf central midfield: "Last year, he played very well from central London, both in the Champions Cup nell'Emirates that may be a solution and an alternative to depending on the games."

The Dutch, then, could play in role in this first stage of the season was Van Bommel .

At that point, Boateng would act as mezz'ala left in midfield three, leaving the role of playmaker. Position that could be occupied by Cassano , Robinho (next to the back) or Aquilani.

For a less physical midfield but definitely more technical and with better quality.

The objective is to recover the points lost in these early days: "Milan has not lost its value because of the defeat in Turin and Naples - Milan Channel precise Allegri -. Surely we thought to make more points, but the championship is long and we have plenty of time to recover. "

The Rossoneri's coach, met this week in training despite the absence of national, is optimistic: "The guys were here at Milanello have worked very well. This morning they closed well with a good match.

On Wednesday we will return together, and we prepare for this important month for both the championship and the Champions League. " Finally, a thinking space for Ibrahimovic , the Milan would already available from Monday: "He will return with the desire to continue to win, and we do it availability and want peace of mind by all ".

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Where is SM84, I'm waiting his reply on AL's idea here ;)

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
------Binho/Cass/Aqua-------
---?-----Seedorf---Boateng--

Does he want a destroyer(Noce/Gattu/MVB) or another potential playmaker(Aqua) as LCM?

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
I really want to see 4-3-3 again, since we don't have a trequartista and our midfield is crap.

Imagine against Barcelona when we have all the players back:

Pato-Ibrahimovic-Robinho
Aquilani-Nocerino-Boateng
Taiwo-Silva-Mexés-Abate
-------Amelia------------

Last edited:

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
We should be playing

---------Pato---
--Ibra-----------
-----Binho-------
Aquilani--Boateng-
----Bommel-------
-----Back 4-------
-----Keeper------

I dont like the idea of Pato on the wing, dosnt work and just hinders his development as a player

OR In my ultimate world

-----------Pato------------
-Binho-----Ibra--------Boa-
------Aqua----Bommel-----
-Taiwo--Silva-Nesta-Abate-
-----------Abbiati----------

Of course for harder games swap Aqua for Rino/Noccerino and we are set

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan

It's interesting because thats the exact position KPB should play in, not sure about Seedorf in the anchor role though, its debatable. Noceroni is keep his place.

An attacking trident of Robinho, Cassano and Ibra should be good against Palermo.

I still think this is all talk tbh, nothing will really change, come matchday against Palermo, the midfield will still have Noce, MvB, Seedorf in it and only a minor change :tongue:

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
Yeah, it definitely killed Henry.

I wouldn't rule it out, it's better than him being on the bench at the very least.

As of now Pato is no where near Henry's level

Since he is only 22 I want him to continue to play at CF were he is best IMO

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
When using Milan on Fifa, I play a 4-3-3 with Pato and Binho in the wide positions, Ibra central - I can therefore scientifically conclude it would definitely work amazingly in real life.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As of now Pato is no where near Henry's level

Since he is only 22 I want him to continue to play at CF were he is best IMO

You know that Henry started as a winger right? His finishing isn't the problem, in fact some time on the wing might work for him.

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
You know that Henry started as a winger right? His finishing isn't the problem, in fact some time on the wing might work for him.

I didnt really follow much of Henrys early life at arsenal

So i guess your right

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
Where cn i find s good site with all of our stats of this season? So both in CL and Serie A the goals & assists.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
Who has been favourite so far?

im tipping nocerino... every game he is gettingg better.

seedorf has been awesome, but LCM is screaming NOCERINO now.

Since Noce runs so much, can we just place Seedorf in the Van Bommel role... that way he can control games like he did vs tottenham (2nd leg, definately not first)

Cassano has done tremendously well as well

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
23/10/2011 WHAT a RESULT!

Milan come from behind to take all three points after going in at half time with the score 3-0 for the home side. A second half hat trick from Boateng and a late winner from Yepes, his first for the club, give the win to Milan.

MILANO – Here’s what the Milanistas had to say after the win at Lecce:

MASSIMILIANO ALLEGRI
"There’s very little to be said about the first half. We were tragic, we didn’t manage to play at all. In the second half,

Lecce slowed down a bit and we had a different approach to the game. We were strong and we believed in ourselves and so I think the win was deserved but the first half performance definitely makes you think. We can’t let that happen again.

I had thought of putting on Aquilani and Boateng during the second half. I didn’t think we’d be 3-0 down though. T

hey did well, the team reacted well so I think it was a good performance, a big result because to come back from 3 goals down is a beautiful thing.

We’ve already been written off before. It’s important to win and to keep winning. We have to stay focused and keep our motivation levels high because that’s fundamental”

MAURO TASSOTTI
"We were really bad in the first half, pretty much inexplicable for us. We weren’t able to move the ball around and it’s impossible to play that bad.

The second half was a big turn around thanks to the subs who made an immediate impact. Boateng gave the team more energy when he came on. Aquilani did well too.

In the end, it was a good win, but we can’t play like we did in the first half. A team can go through a bad patch but never concede that much. It’s given us something to think about.

Boateng was the key for the rest of the team because they were a bit down after the first half. He brought a bit of calm.

We did well to score immediately because that gave us the strength to push on. Football never stops surprising you, there’s always something that can happen.

After the first half, there was no one in the stadium that could have believed in the kind of comeback that we managed.”

KEVIN PRINCE BOATENG
"I’m really happy because we won and I got my hat trick. It’s a great day for me. I have a great relationship with the fans, there are a lot of them here today and their presence is important for us.

The three points are important for the league table and that’s the most fundamental thing. I’ve been working on my shots in training and if I hit it hard, it’s tough for the keeper.

I want to dedicate these goals to my three year old son. I play at 100% every day and I feel an important part of this team.”

MASSIMO AMBROSINI
"It’s right to be euphoric after a game like this, but the game should also make us think because we can’t allow it to happen again.

It should be a lesson for all of us because we won’t be able to get out of like we did today every time. The team and the individual players had the wrong attitude today in the first half.

It’s not easy to come back from 3 goals down and we can’t put ourselves in this situation again. We were a bit unlucky in some incidents.

The penalty was a mistake but you can’t go three down like we did. Milan have a lot of qualities and a squad that will allow you to turn games around. We’re aware of this, but it shouldn’t be an alibi.”

ZLATAN IBRAHIMOVIC
"We played really bad in the first half, no question about it, but thanks to Boateng, we got back into it in the second half with his hat trick.

We wanted to win but after the first half, there was very little hope. The only one who kept the faith in the dreassing room was the coach and he told us all.

In the second half, we pushed on and we managed to do it. We should be happy because coming back from three goals is not easy and in the end, the win is what counts.

Yepes always does well when he plays as he has a lot of experience. He’s always positive and plays with joy.”

MARIO YEPES
"I’m very happy. It’s my first goal for the club. We couldn’t have imagined a game this tough.

We did well because we managed to turn the result around from a 3-0 loss to a win. We showed personality and the ability to react.

We got three important points. We’re very sad about the loss of Marco Simoncelli. The sport’s world is in mourning and we send our condolences to the Simoncelli family.”

ANTONIO NOCERINO
“Even with Palermo last year, we played a bad first half and then did better in the second 45.

There were a few dubious incidents in the first half that I’d like to see again.

As far as today’s game goes, we won it and we’ve given continuity to the good form that we’re in at the moment as well as stay on course for our objectives which is to win all the games before the break.

We were a bit held back in the first half by the state of the pitch. It was a problem for us because game play is important for us.”

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
when i read ambrosini... im actually upset. its sad that the inspiration he gave us was by sitting on the bench.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
4 points behind top spot now we need to keep fighting and picking up the wins!

Schedule