Videogames Thread

Azzurrii-08

Also known as: LASER.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti
I'm a massive Thief fan, so I just happened to try the new one a very little bit.

I've always had the following concerns:

- How dumb is the AI?
- How linear is everything?
- Am I forced to use focus (ability to sense where enemies are)?
- Is loot obivious to see?

In terms of graphics it does look amazing. They've added a ton of animations in the game which really make you feel like you're playing as a thief. Now I have only played a short bit of the first "mission" which is actually more like a tutorial. I also played a tiny bit of a challenge.

So what can I say? Well, compared to many other gamers and fans of these games, I am actually very impressed! The developers said that they wanted to redesign the old thief game, and so far I think they really kept their word on that. Don't expect a game like Dishonored, which is inspired by the first Thief game. This Thief game apparently doesn't have additional features, but really sticks to the old game, which I really like.

Now to answer my own questions. Remember this is based on really short playing time so I can't promise anything.

The AI isn't that dumb anymore. Not as dumb as the first games were anyway. It's not like you can dance behind an AI and they still don't have a clue that you're there. However, I play on Master difficulty (highest), so that may say something as well. I played a challenge map where you need to find loot and collect them in a short amount of time. You earn additional points for not being seen or not getting any damage and such.

Anyway I used my blackjack to hit some objects to distract the guards (purely to test them). I ran away and was followed by two guards. I entered a room and was hiding in a dark corner. They came in, looked everywhere, and managed to find me in the end. I think if I moved I could of escaped, but I just wanted to test them.

The story is probably very linear. So far the first mission, which like I said is more like a tutorial, is also very linear. I really hope the level designers give you more freedom or more paths in later missions. But to be honest the first Thief games were quite linear as well. Some more than others.

I am not forced to use focus. Focus makes you "see" through the wall and listen where enemies are located, or which path they take. I hate to use features like this in stealth games but luckily you can turn it off. Plus there's also a "Custom" difficulty where you can basically choose your own settings.

Loot is by default, just like the older games, in plain sight. They are very bright, shiny and very easy to see. Luckily, this can be changed in your settings. I turned everything off, so now I really have to look for everything myself.

So yeah, I am impressed. The game could still disappoint though. I am getting it on PS4 this Friday. Can't wait to play! :)

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Can't wait to play thief, it looks like a successful resurrection on all fronts, unlike Max Payne (love the old games, the new one is OK, I had fun playing it but it did not feel very "Max Payne-y")

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
Man Max Payne is one of my favorite games, haven't played the new ones, but the first one... bullet time!!! So good

The movie though....

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti
Same here. I even uninstalled Max Payne after some missions. Had the same thing with Hitman Absolution. I did finish that one but the cover system was like Deus Ex, quite horrible. What I mean is that there are obstacles placed everywhere in such a way that you can quickly move between objects without getting detected. This makes stealth way too easy in my opinion.

I read another review about Thief which stated there are multiple paths. Some missions are more linear, others are more open. Also the AI is apparently quite bad, but that comes down to the way it's been scripted. Still can't wait to play Friday. :)

Reaction score
Thief reviews out.. disappointing scores.

Eurogamer - 6/10

Gamespot - 6/10

Polygon - 6/10

Craveonline - 6/10

Rocket Chainsaw video review - 6/10

Gry-online - 6.5/10

Gamesided - 6.5/10

IGN - 6.8/10

Lazygamer - 6.9/10

EDGE - 7/10

OPM UK - 7/10

Destructoid - 7.5/10

Gametrailers - 7.5/10

Playstation Universe - 7.5/10

Digitalspy - 8/10

CVG - 8/10

Joystiq - 8/10

Kotaku - NO

6TP3zCs.jpg

PS4/XBO gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZyA61BReh8

(looks good, but 30fps and drop, ugh. .. massive headache)

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Thanks for posting. I hope I won't regret not cancelling Thief for the PS4. Still looking forward to it. I am sure I will have fun playing it. :)

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
I think the new Thief it's a decent game, but damn it eats PCs. I can max Batman Arkham Origins on DX11 and get perfect fps. but thief, i keep on medium-high and barely get 40 fps

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
I got the PS4 today. Thief releases tomorrow.

Games I'm looking forward to this year apart from Watchdogs and Destiny include Dying Light, The Division and Wolfenstein.

Got Rayman Legends and FIFA 14 - am currently completely struggling to make a new PSN account. Won't let me make any with "nuttela" as my username which sucks balls.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
i love.. i love... i absolutely love Rayman. One of the best decisions of my life was going back and giving Rayman a shot with Origins on the PS3 but Legends is just so rewarding to play. Daily challenges where you can win bronze-gold trophies by having faster times than other players in certain lum-filled stages and you can race their ghosts to measure yourself.

Then there is the actual gameplay which starts off a bit slow but within an hour you get to play one of the coolest levels EVER which just shot my opinion of the game so far from an 8.5 to 10. Ubisoft just rewards the childhood love for platformers and just makes you smile as you play the game. Hits the gaming g-spot that makes me come back for more and more.

FIFA 14 is seems quicker on the PS4 than the PS3. I was getting my ass kicked on the PS3 lately so I'm totally cool with the PS4 and its features.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
So the South Park game is censored in Europe.

ku-xlarge.jpg

Trey and Matt (and Obsidian) you fucking legends! :star:

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Recently finished Tomb Raider for pc, it was good. Dead Space is too repetitive get bore in the middle of the game. Far Cry 3 is below my expectation, the first one still the best. Right now i'm playing Battlefield 4, so far so good. Any suggestion another good pc games?

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
Recently finished Tomb Raider for pc, it was good. Dead Space is too repetitive get bore in the middle of the game. Far Cry 3 is below my expectation, the first one still the best. Right now i'm playing Battlefield 4, so far so good. Any suggestion another good pc games?

I'm currently playing Tomb Raider on the PS4.

God bless the bow and arrow - so good.

Farcry 3 was decent but we needed more Vaas and less Jason. I thought it was a good game.

I have suggested it to Laser and I'll suggest it to you - it'd be a change of pace for you as well - Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 1.

Or you can be super cool and play Rayman :D

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
I'm currently playing Tomb Raider on the PS4.

God bless the bow and arrow - so good.

Farcry 3 was decent but we needed more Vaas and less Jason. I thought it was a good game.

I have suggested it to Laser and I'll suggest it to you - it'd be a change of pace for you as well - Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 1.

Or you can be super cool and play Rayman :D

Yes the bow and arrow on Tomb Raider is super awseome
Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 1 : Is it similar with Lef 4 Dead?
I have Rayman Legends on my pc and my son playing it :D :D :D

Last edited:

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes the bow and arrow on Tomb Raider is super awseome
Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 1 : Is it similar with Lef 4 Dead?
I have Rayman Legends on my pc and my son playing it :D :D :D

TWD is very different to L4D. Trust me on this one, the walkers actually give you the shits in this game. Decisions made hugely impact on how the game turns out and relationships with NPC's matter extremely. Click and point game for the pc but it is a mental nightmare - you would feel bad (or good) about decisions you've made for days. Makes you feel responsible for your decisions and I have very fond memories of the game :)

Rayman Legends is 10/10. Held out and got it on the PS4 as well - so bloody awesome. The daily challenges eat so much of my time haha it's brilliant. I can't wait for a new Rayman game.

Far Cry 3 > Tomb Raider :o

They are both awesome - i find Tomb Raider a bit easier though. Haven't played Farcry 1 and 2 tbh but 3 looks like the template for AC 4 in terms of gaming mechanics like hunting and whatnot. Hunting is most important in Farcry 3 though I'll give it that. AC 4's hunting was a bonus but not necessary.

--

Outlast sucks ass. I hate it so much. Scary games like it are the death of me.

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
Thief is fun but feels unpolished and the AI is super weak.. :head:

Stick of Truth, is awesome! :thumbsup:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Just finished downl- err... acquiring South Park Stick of Truth. :cool:

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
Just finished downl- err... acquiring South Park Stick of Truth. :cool:

How long did it take you to acquire it? .. I had over-night shipping. :devilcon:

Also, prepare your anus!

There's plenty of hidden eggs to look out for, so don't rush.

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Which PES 2014 patch should i install to have proper kits for most of the clubs and national team and also the stadiums?

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Which PES 2014 patch should i install to have proper kits for most of the clubs and national team and also the stadiums?

Smoke patch is the best IMO but how can you enjoy playing 2014? Worse PES I ever played since 09 I think.

Last edited:

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Smoke patch is the best IMO but how can you enjoy playing 2014? Worse PES I ever played since 09 I think.

Actually i prefer FIFA 2014, bUT I haven't bought it yet so meanwhile i'm playing PES

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Just received inFamous Second Son! :star:

Can't wait to play. First need to eat some chicken.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
here is the game that im most excited for

wolfenstein: the new order

never played the previous games but this one just looks awesome

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
here is the game that im most excited for

wolfenstein: the new order

never played the previous games but this one just looks awesome

I only played Wolfenstein 3D....a lot of Wolfenstein 3D

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Not really excited about any new-gen game yet.

1 exception perked my interest- titanfall.

I am so bored with shooters but holy shit this plays wonderfully.

Schedule