The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Old 05-11-2017, 04:42   #3041
Colossus
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
holy shit, JJ got merk'd.

I had a feeling her fall was coming soon when they were pushing the greatest female fighter of all time gimmick again.
yea she got ktfo......hopefully she doesn't have a mental breakdown like Rousey did
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:46   #3042
Tantalis
Heyoka

she seemed fine at the end unlike how rousey was after her loss. jj vs rose 2 should be interesting.
Tantalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:51   #3043
Sage
Reinmēkā

the UFC "GOAT" hype machine jinx is p4p #1

forza neck tattoo
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:01   #3044
Sage
Reinmēkā

ffs
Old 05-11-2017, 05:14   #3045
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

JJ and Cody talked too much shit.

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:17   #3046
Sage
Reinmēkā

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
JJ and Cody talked too much shit.
tbf in the cody and TJ fight it could have gone either way, if cody had 10 more seconds at the end of the first round he would have finished him.

JJ just got embarrassed

TJ vs DJ pls.....
Old 05-11-2017, 05:19   #3047
Sage
Reinmēkā

everyone's coming out with their own t shirt like it's WWE
Old 05-11-2017, 05:42   #3048
Sage
Reinmēkā

Georges st GOAT
Old 05-11-2017, 05:54   #3049
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

St. Pierre is way superior fighter. Bisping did his best to make it into a dog fight but was just too outmatched. Even in terms of coaches, Zahabi and Danaher are both huge students of the game, the way he set up the rear naked by faking space for a hip escape was beautiful jiu-jitsu.

However, St. Pierre did show some rust tonight. He over-reached into some set ups. His take downs were nice but he did not seem to have an answer for closing the distance when Bisping was elbowing from the bottom. It seemed like he was trying to take a more methodical jiu-jitsu approach.

It's good to see him back, but I don't know how long he will stay in this division. He did seem like he was a bit sluggish and lacked the fast switches you saw in 170. One thing is for sure, his overall "game" not only did not stagnated (unlike BJ Penn) but he grew, and it will be great to see him fight again.

Signature
Old 05-11-2017, 05:57   #3050
Sage
Reinmēkā

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
St. Pierre is way superior fighter. Bisping did his best to make it into a dog fight but was just too outmatched. Even in terms of coaches, Zahabi and Danaher are both huge students of the game, the way he set up the rear naked by faking space for a hip escape was beautiful jiu-jitsu.

However, St. Pierre did show some rust tonight. He over-reached into some set ups. His take downs were nice but he did not seem to have an answer for closing the distance when Bisping was elbowing from the bottom. It seemed like he was trying to take a more methodical jiu-jitsu approach.

It's good to see him back, but I don't know how long he will stay in this division. He did seem like he was a bit sluggish and lacked the fast switches you saw in 170. One thing is for sure, his overall "game" not only did not stagnated (unlike BJ Penn) but he grew, and it will be great to see him fight again.

I think it's fair to say he'll be sharper in his next fight.

robert whittaker is also smaller than bisping + he's a former welterweight, so I think that fight is next.

after that, win or lose I think he'll go back to 170 and set up a fight with mcgregor and lay a whooping on him.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:34   #3051
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Fav. Players: Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, Marco Fassone

I really hoped GSP would win but I didn't expect it at all after his huge break. So much respect for coming back and winning it

Signature
100% muscle - 0% intelligence
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 13:23   #3052
Milaniscool
Face that runs the place

Fav. Players: Balotelli, Locatelli, R.Rodriguez, Conti, Andre Silva, Kessi, Romagnoli

That's what happens when Bisping defends against someone under the age of 50.
Milaniscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 14:43   #3053
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milaniscool View Post
That's what happens when Bisping defends against someone under the age of 50.
I think Bisping deserves more credit than that.

I was definitely rooting for GSP and thought that he was going to win but I felt like Bisping did really well with his pressure and the way he stood up out of the takedowns. I was actually really impressed with how he dealt with the top pressure in closed guard and how he was able to create frame and cut GSP with those short elbows.

Signature
Old 05-11-2017, 15:03   #3054
Milaniscool
Face that runs the place

Fav. Players: Balotelli, Locatelli, R.Rodriguez, Conti, Andre Silva, Kessi, Romagnoli

I don't give either of them much credit. Freak show matchup, if anyone but Bisping was champ then GSP would not be a MW.
Old 05-11-2017, 15:05   #3055
Milaniscool
Face that runs the place

I lost all interest in UFC so I didn't even know the PPV was on, good to hear there were 3 new champs though.
Old 05-11-2017, 15:33   #3056
Sage
Reinmēkā

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milaniscool View Post
I don't give either of them much credit. Freak show matchup, if anyone but Bisping was champ then GSP would not be a MW.
who ko'd rockhold on 2 weeks notice? bisping which makes him the legit champ.

so GSP is the legit champ.

btw, bisping would have beat romero and the jacare we have seen over the past year..romero is too 1 dimensional and gasses out after 2 rounds..jacare is past it.

I think bisping's next fight is yoel romero so I guess we'll find out.
Old 05-11-2017, 16:06   #3057
Milaniscool
Face that runs the place

Huh? Of course Bisping was the legit champ, I saw the fight lol. I still think it's a freak show fight.

And I don't do the whole this guy would have beat that guy stuff. All I know is Bisping ducked all of them. Ducked so much they had to make an interim champ. I like Bisping but that's just truth.
Old 05-11-2017, 16:32   #3058
Sage
Reinmēkā

how did he duck all of them? bisping has no say who is he fighting next.

the only guys who dictate their path are mcgregor and to a lesser extent GSP.

the only clear contender in MW was whittaker and he can't fight for a while because of a knee operation.
Old 05-11-2017, 16:41   #3059
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

If you think Bisping vs GSP is a freak show fight then you haven’t seen real “freak show fights”

Signature
Old 05-11-2017, 17:38   #3060
Mexes5
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini

Expected Bisping to retire after that

Happy he didn't, lost $200 on the fight though fairplay to gsp.
Mexes5 is offline   Reply With Quote