The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 05-08-2019, 23:52   #61
Mexes5
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini

Thankyou for bringing the diamond back.

Losing the will to live to watch 4-3-3 with two wingers cutting inside. rinse.repeat. Every team in the world fucking uses it.
Mexes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2019, 18:42   #62
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti

deal with it

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2019, 18:46   #63
necromancer
Il Diamante

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Uomo di Boglioli

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 19:03   #64
fray
Casciavit

Being the Milan coach must be the toughest job in the world. Even more than a mortician.
fray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 19:06   #65
Master Smurf
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Cutrone

He said he hadnt talked to Gattuso yet... better hurry up and do so because the pressure just went through the roof.

I hope we can bring in two impactful transfers and I hope trust goes both ways - players trusting the coach and the coach trusting his more talented players to make plays.
Master Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 19:08   #66
indo
National Team Player

[img]f[/img]
indo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 19:09   #67
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

I honestly can't understand how he managed to make the attack loose worse, than under Gattuso.

Just wow, i was all for trusting the coach but Jesus this game was simply the worst we looked under any coach so far in the last 10 years. Allegri is available in case he keeps this shit up in the next 5 games.

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 19:11   #68
fray
Casciavit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
I honestly can't understand how he managed to make the attack loose worse, than under Gattuso.

Just wow, i was all for trusting the coach but Jesus this game was simply the worst we looked under any coach so far in the last 10 years. Allegri is available in case he keeps this shit up in the next 5 games.
Allegri is not the man to return to a team in the middle of a season. Nor does he suit our project.

Let's rather say Donadoni
fray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 19:32   #69
Rossoneri97
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Kaka, Maldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post

Mourinho is also available.
Rossoneri97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 19:43   #70
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

WHAT WAS THAT MR???
The stubbornness is what got montella sacked. I really dislike italian coaches for over complicating things.

How can he expect his players to master the system if they donít even play official matches together.

If we tried our best and lost the match I would have understood it.. but knowing that we could do so much better with the players on the bench is what irritates me the most.
Qaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 20:07   #71
Albertini
AC Milan Icon

This fucking guy is the only manager in the world that needs 2 years of training to prepare a team to his ideal tactics.

I hate to say it but this is typical of italians over analizing and over complicating things. Hes so arrogant to think he has discovered some sort of tiki taka masterstroke and the only reason we weren't prepared is because the players returned late. He succeeded a milan legend who led us to within 1 point of CL and has been doing everything wrong since.

If you play a second string team on the premise that your best players don't know the system, you better be fucking sure that the players you HAVE chosen at least know the system. Otherwise he may as well have started with kessie bennacer and leao.

I feel like we are going to start pre-season again from early September when other teams are rearing to go. Our players looked frustrated, confused, fouling a lot when across the city conte is sounding the battle cry saying that his team is ready for anything. I'm very disappointed, what a terrible opening day. I don't even blame individual performance this is all down to giampaolo and the management

Signature
Albertini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 20:44   #72
Nevermore
Senior Team Member

He really sounds arrogant, but I can see improvements in defense and midfielders movements. Donnaruma wasn't involved except idiotic passes from RR. Unfortunately, you can't play 4-3-1-2 without fullbacks and trequartista. No wonder our attack was sterile. I hope we switch to 4-3-3 and this loss will be our blessing
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 20:49   #73
Fusiproe12
talebano simmetrico

Borini mezzala

Fusiproe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 20:49   #74
campsfield68
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Milan players :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by fray View Post
Allegri is not the man to return to a team in the middle of a season. Nor does he suit our project.

Let's rather say Donadoni
and what makes you think allegri would want to come back here after his success with juve
campsfield68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 22:29   #75
mumbojumbo
Banned

Let's vote how long he will last with his post?
mumbojumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2019, 00:11   #76
General
God Emperor of Humility

Fav. Players: People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
deal with it

Signature
Official RnB Contributor

Forza Nicky
General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2019, 00:18   #77
Polotelli
AC Milan Icon

magician
4-3-1-2
"system"
Polotelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2019, 00:47   #78
Ash
Swag Maestro

Honestly

He isnt inspiring much confidence tbh.

All through pre season he stuck to his dated formation, with our entire transfer strategy revolving around getting players for the formation he likes to play in. He had ample time to figure out whether the players he has at his disposal are suited to play the way he likes to. Yet now, after our first game and barely a week left in the transfer window, he realizes that that may not be the case after all? Wasnt he made out to be some sort of tactics guru? How the fuck can you fuck up that bad then?

There were already warning signs in our pre season games and he kept repeating that the players will take time to get used to how he wants them to play. Now he fuckin changes tune?

Forget the fact that he kept insisting on using 4-3-1-2 despite the fact that it is dated as fuck and can only be effective if you have WC players at your disposal, why change your tune now?

There is a reason why his best placed finish ever was 9th. I fear this is going to be yet another wasted season because yet again we seem to have gotten a coach who is limited.

Sincerely hope I am wrong tho.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2019, 02:08   #79
indo
National Team Player

From my perspective, his idea is clear that the main thing this team do is maintain possession, that's why we rather passing back or vertical than try some attempts.

Starting from behind, in the back four, the side back rather to sit behind than do overlap, it's clear when samu get the ball wide, Calabria didn't help him by running upfront, so the only option he had was just passing vertical to suso or make a backpass to hakan.

In the middle and front this scheme too much reliable on hakan in terms of direction, and the position of suso is too far upfront, Moreover the striker many times going backwards or wide.

For our mister bean giampaolo atkinson, our ex coach gattuso may I say very rare too critic his player in the media, but our new coach already did in his first official league match.
And I saw a sign of panic by the way he changed his player.

Last edited by indo; 26-08-2019 at 02:10. Reason: Typo
indo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2019, 05:25   #80
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
“Suso is an extraordinary player, but he probably has different characteristics and we need to get them to play in their natural roles. We’ll have to work on it and certainly in a different way, probably 4-3-3.
after one game...
I didn't expect it to happen so soon when I wrote this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
How long until the team drops the forced, impractical 4-3-1-2?

It took 3.5 games in 2012/2013.
No more than a few preseason games in 2013/2014.
8 games in 2014-2015.

I think we'll hit a post-2012 record this time. Giampaolo has used 4-3-1-2, from start, in EVERY single game in charge of Sampdoria and Empoli, with zero exceptions. He might stick to this until he's fired, and that's probably not going to happen until at least a few months into the season.

The only hope is that he mimics Sarri once again.
Giampaolo wasn't this strongly associated with 4-3-1-2 until he replaced Sarri at Empoli, and copied him, which saved his career.
4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 were his thing at Catania.
It's Sarri who was the 4-3-1-2 guy, and he tried to bring that over to Napoli, but he quickly realized it was impractical and shifted to a 4-3-3 that was a more advanced form of Benitez' 4-2-3-1.

Hopefully Giampaolo is as pragmatical as the guy who saved his career.
And hopefully Maldini and co aren't stupid enough to put all the eggs in one shitty basket, 4-3-1-2 in this case. It would repeat the mistakes of 2013, 2015 and 2017 summer mercati.
It seems he's going the Sarri route again, which is better than the alternatives, still we've ended up in a shitty situation that was so easy to predict from start.

I do not mind the club putting faith in a system coach and prioritizing long term results, but if you're going to do that then do it with someone worthwhile. Giampaolo went from a flop who was known for provincial, defensive tactics, to a "modern", 4-3-1-2 possession guy when he inherited Sarri's team at Empoli. He went on to try something similar at Sampdoria, and got similar results as his predecessors(actually Miha managed to finish higher than he ever did, 7th). He is one of few coaches who prefer short, lightweight, technical players in front of the defense(so basically he prefers Xavi on Busquets' position), and he throws away the defensive solidity which 4-3-3 & other winger formations tend to bring due to the helping hand the wingers give to the fullbacks. His Sampdoria team also looked overly tactical and static in some sense. Does his defensive record justify these weird decisions? Definitely not.
Did the overall results? Doesn't look like it. He may have improved some players, but he's the opposite of Gasperini in the sense that his stars go on to do even better without him. That's not a good sign.

Gasperini is what the club wishes Giampaolo was.
They should've given up the idea of a system coach when Gasp, Conte and Sarri rejected us. Or at least got someone that has achieved more than a 9th place.

Oh well. I hope he turns this around. Hopefully he manages to improve on Rino's/Montella's 4-3-3 the way Sarri did on Benitez' work.
He has such a sympathetic face. It breaks my heart to criticize him, especially now that he's already down.
Why couldn't all the poorly performing Milan coaches look like this?

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote