All About Movies

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
I see je ne sais quoi in John Wayne too. He had a great presence... He enters the scene and owns the screen like very few. His iconic status is not undeserved, he was a tremendous actor.
Though the criticism that he only played John Wayne has some little truth in it...

Clint Eastwood only plays Clint Eastwood as well tbh, even when he plays a 60+ war vet he sounds and looks like he just walked out of a western after drinking a bottle of whiskey. Granted he has tried to take up some different roles on his older days, but there's always that little bit of dirty harry/the man with no name in him.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Clint Eastwood only plays Clint Eastwood as well tbh, even when he plays a 60+ war vet he sounds and looks like he just walked out of a western after drinking a bottle of whiskey. Granted he has tried to take up some different roles on his older days, but there's always that little bit of dirty harry/the man with no name in him.

Yeah, you're right here.
It's also the case of Lee Van Cleef... I mean, how can he play other roles that aren't a Western villain?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Just watched Real Steel,LOVED IT!!Super fun movie which ofc the ******** critics are gonna deem not smart enough or some stupid bull shit like that,when this movie is out entertain and give you flash back of that child hope we all have .

:star::star::star::star::star:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Kung Powwwww!!!! Oh man, greatest movie ever.

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
@pipa : Any good new HK movie? How about A Simple Life? (Andy Lau) I'm looking forward to watch it.

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
@pipa : Any good new HK movie? How about A Simple Life? (Andy Lau) I'm looking forward to watch it.

Try.. Running out of time?
Not many good HK movies are coming out, as the newer generation are all quite bad.

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Try.. Running out of time?
Not many good HK movies are coming out, as the newer generation are all quite bad.

I've seen it already, one of the best movie from Andy Lau.

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Running out of time 2, it stars Ekin Cheung.
Btw, have you seen the Young and Dangerous movies?

Oh my bad, definitely gonna watch it. I've seen all Young and Dangerous series. It's one of my all time favorite movie. Ekin Cheng and Jordan Chan is best duo ever. Never messed with Ho Nam and Chicken!

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
Give Midnight in Paris a shot guys, it'll be worth it.

Azzurrii-08

Also known as: LASER.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti
I've got a whole list of movies I still need to watch. Which one is worth it?

scream 4
saw 7
paranormal activity 3
rise of the planet of the apes
hostel 3
the ledge
a lonely place to die
carnage
killer elite
mission impossible (newest)
the thing (newest)
take me home tonight
from prada to nada
the entitled
treasure island
tinker tailor soldier spy
the borrowers
suing the devil
the double
7 nights of darkness

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

scream 4
saw 7
paranormal activity 3
hostel 3

the ledge
a lonely place to die
carnage
killer elite
the thing (newest)
take me home tonight
from prada to nada
the entitled
treasure island
the borrowers
suing the devil
the double
7 nights of darkness

Watched these. Wasn't very impressed with any of them. I'd suggest instead of watching the newest the thing, you watch the 80's version (If you haven't seen it). That movie is just fantastic, it's got everything, including Kurt Russell.

Also, I've only heard good things about the new Mission Impossible movie. It's the first live action movie directed by Brad Bird (The guy who directed all the good pixar films), which sounds promosing as well imo.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy sounds very good as well, but again haven't watched it.

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo(R9), El Shaarawy, Nesta, Neymar, Montolivo, Maldini, Dinho, De Sciglio, Iniesta, Pato

scream 4
saw 7
paranormal activity 3
hostel 3
the ledge
a lonely place to die
carnage
killer elite
the thing (newest)
take me home tonight
from prada to nada
the entitled
treasure island
the borrowers
suing the devil
the double
7 nights of darkness

I only watched Paranormal Activity 3 and Planet of the Apes..

If you've seen the first two Paranormal Activities, then I'd suggest you watch the third one, as it's just as good but scarier..

Planet of the Apest was imo, one of the best movies of the year but I can't compare it to the older ones because I haven't watched any of them.

milan07

Security
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Djokovic, Diego Armando Maradona
Just watched The butterfly effect. Great movie!

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti
Thanks for the answers guys! I watched "take me home tonight" it was an okay comedy. Nothin really special though. :)

Not sure which movie I'm going to watch tonight.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
has anyone been watching the Venture Bros?

i'm now at the beginning of the 4th season

it's just keep getting better and better

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Oh my bad, definitely gonna watch it. I've seen all Young and Dangerous series. It's one of my all time favorite movie. Ekin Cheng and Jordan Chan is best duo ever. Never messed with Ho Nam and Chicken!

When part 1 came out, instantly every teenage boy was a fan of it.
Chan Ho Naam and San Kai (chicken) were simply too good, plus I thought Tai Fei was quite good as well.

Another Andy Lau movie is Protege, I watched it at cinema and wasn't disappointed.

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Two movies I am looking forward to this year:

The Dark Knight Rises
Djano Unchained

Any recommendation for movies to look forward to this year?

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Also, I've only heard good things about the new Mission Impossible movie. It's the first live action movie directed by Brad Bird (The guy who directed all the good pixar films), which sounds promosing as well imo.

How was Anil Kapoor's performance in it? Was his role even noteworthy?
He was a total badass in 24, he is actually the only Bollywood actor to make the transition to Hollywood this nicely.

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
watched la dolce vita this weekend

i can't believe i lived 37 years without knowing this man existed!!

mastroianni_l.jpg

what a magnificent man...absolutely sublime!!

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
watched la dolce vita this weekend

i can't believe i lived 37 years without knowing this man existed!!

mastroianni_l.jpg

what a magnificent man...absolutely sublime!!

:eek:

I watched La Dolce Vita this weekend as well, what a coincidence. And yeah, that guy's got swag. Thinking about checking out 8 1/2 as well, but knowing myself, I'm probably not gonna get around to it for a while, since these sort of movies are just so long. Had La Dolce Vita lying around for ages before I finally watched it

He was a total badass in 24, he is actually the only Bollywood actor to make the transition to Hollywood this nicely.

Haven't seen it yet, just heard it was good, so no idea.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

They took the piss out of him. Badi besti ki hai ji uski film mein. This is precisely the reason why Dilip refused Lawrence of Arabia n Doctor Zhivago.

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
Thinking about checking out 8 1/2 as well, but knowing myself, I'm probably not gonna get around to it for a while, since these sort of movies are just so long. Had La Dolce Vita lying around for ages before I finally watched it

yeah i just added 8 1/2 and divorce, italian style to the netflix queue today :)

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
They took the piss out of him. Badi besti ki hai ji uski film mein. This is precisely the reason why Dilip refused Lawrence of Arabia n Doctor Zhivago.

I heard from a friend his role was of a pervert.
Well, now no need to watch it then.

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I watched "From Prada to Nada" yesterday. It's more of a girl movie but I watch everything so whatever. Wasn't that bad, but not good either. :)

Azzurrii-08

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I watched "A lonely place to die" yesterday. I really loved that movie, it was very good.