Gennaro Gattuso Thread

When is the first clash between Gattuso and Zamparini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
its funny how important you think your own opinion is. it's not the end of the world for anyone else. why is it the end of the world for you? the rest of us are always here. we havent gone anywhere. and we're not going anywhere.

if you don't realise how inconsequential your thoughts on the matter are, then leave.

if you feel you are in a position to brand the club as a midtable team just because your expectations are not met, then you are truly displaying bandwagon fever and should simply just jump to another club like how dru jumped the sinking inter boat and joined milan.

how the fuck did we end up with such fickle-ass fans in the first place?

why the fuck did you even return?

:lol: Ok I love your posts, Ikita.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
its funny how important you think your own opinion is. it's not the end of the world for anyone else. why is it the end of the world for you? the rest of us are always here. we havent gone anywhere. and we're not going anywhere.

if you don't realise how inconsequential your thoughts on the matter are, then leave.
if you feel you are in a position to brand the club as a midtable team just because your expectations are not met, then you are truly displaying bandwagon fever and should simply just jump to another club like how dru jumped the sinking inter boat and joined milan.

Diversity of thought is always welcome bro. We might not agree with someone's opinion but we should defend their right to say it :)

Also I was never really on the Inter ship :o I followed them because they had Batistuta. Sadly not even the talents of R9, Batigol and Baggio could make them less shit :proud:

You aren't any less of a fan if there's something about the club you criticize....Many times it could be an indicator that you want better for your club.

Take for instance Brocchi. He was pure shit. Does that mean that we aren't thankful for his service as a player? Does that mean we hate Milan?

No. It's simply an issue of results. Some ppl think that Gattuso is not delivering some think that he is . (I'm neutral btw)
I don't think Raz, despite being a certified dumbass :-)D ) would be here so much of he didn't love the club.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Don't care about any single thing you wrote in here, lol

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Fuck are you neutral, Dru. :lol:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I am :D

I criticize and praise Grintuso :o
I have also said that in all fairness he deserves a full season with a proper striker for a fair assessment.

But I also think that we could do better. I think he's tactically limited and stuck in the footballing mindset of yesteryear.

But I'm not specifically anti-Grintuso.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Diversity of thought is always welcome bro. We might not agree with someone's opinion but we should defend their right to say it :)

Also I was never really on the Inter ship :o I followed them because they had Batistuta. Sadly not even the talents of R9, Batigol and Baggio could make them less shit :proud:

You aren't any less of a fan if there's something about the club you criticize....Many times it could be an indicator that you want better for your club.

Take for instance Brocchi. He was pure shit. Does that mean that we aren't thankful for his service as a player? Does that mean we hate Milan?

No. It's simply an issue of results. Some ppl think that Gattuso is not delivering some think that he is . (I'm neutral btw)
I don't think Raz, despite being a certified dumbass :-)D ) would be here so much of he didn't love the club.
Wait wait, wtf are you saying? You are a milan and inter fan?? Isnt that like a oxymoron?

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
OMFG

14117829.gif

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Even I had the good sense to give inter a wide berth

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
As a Milan fan beating the likes of Roma and Lazio is nothing to write home about. And we should be beating them (atleast once in the season)

Also iirc Roma rested dzeko for that game.

If we hadn't dropped those points to Benny and Sass we'd still be within a shout of the UCL spots :cry::cry::cry::cry:

i agree we dropped too many points against smaller teams under gattuso(benevento, udinese, sassuolo, verona..) but team will learn from this. we shouldn't be worried about it much. what we should be worried about is can we consistently get results from top-mid table teams? atalanta and fiorentina will be good test for everyone. if we can win both i'm sure we will be competing for CL easily even with current squad.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for getting us EL and making us solid, but ideally we need a better coach

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
For a second there i thought he actually had the makings of a great coach, turns out it was just the usual new coach effect.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Grazie Rino.

64 point season. 39 points in the 2nd half (behind only Juve and Napoli). Had we had a similar first half to the season, we would have finished with 78 points. That is 3rd place.

Lead on with style :thumbsup:

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Best performance of the season. Pleasantly surprised with Gattuso, I thought it was going to be a bad appointment but was still happy to have him over Montella.

He did alot better than I expected & if he can get the team to perform like the Fiorentina game regularly next season, I'm looking forward to it.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
This match has made me more happy with him staying tbh.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cutrone on RW payed off, good idea for this game.

He did very well overall. The only thing one can hold against him is the Coppa final and even that was far from over until the individual errors happened.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I love that he said his greatest regret was the inability to experiment tactically since we were so up against the wall ever since he came on. I'm really looking forward to what he can do through the pre-season and early parts of next season.

With the players we have, we must have more tactical options to be prepared for next season.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I love that he said his greatest regret was the inability to experiment tactically since we were so up against the wall ever since he came on. I'm really looking forward to what he can do through the pre-season and early parts of next season.

With the players we have, we must have more tactical options to be prepared for next season.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Although a disappointing season overall the future looks bright for me.

Gattuso will have pre-season to get the team gelling together and integrating new players.

Even without CL football I would want to play under Gattuso. Let's not forget he is not some unknown and was world class in his playing days. He couldn't score, he couldn't really pass but he had more heart and more fire in his belly than any player ive seen. The way he destroyed Ronaldo in the two games against United in our 2007 CL win was brilliant

As highlighted above only Juve and Roma got more points in the league than Gattuso's Milan did. The players will have played along side each over for an entire season and I have no doubt Gattuso can get us at least 4th place next year with a little luck and a few additions to the squad.

Forza Gattuo!