Gennaro Gattuso Thread

When is the first clash between Gattuso and Zamparini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i would have preferred him as a assistant coach( like how zidan started under ancelotti) or even a fitness coach instead of being the coach, he can bring alot of Grinta, motivation and history appreciation to the dressing room, maybe later on he can be a coach but it is too early for him now, as his limitation is shown game in game out.

Nirvana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Give abbiati’s role to rino and ffs target a good coach first and foremost.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
He is an average tactician at the moment, I don’t disagree in the slightest. But he has shown excellent team management skills. That alone merits the job for me. Tacticians evolve over time, he’s still very young.

Also genuinely good tacticians are very few in football in general. It’s an elite 5-7 coaches across the top leagues. The rest are all guys who do copybook tactical approaches to matches.

If we had real quality in couple of critical positions, we wouldn’t even be thinking of these things.

That's neither here or there. Things that matter at the moment:

- Milan hasn't won a league title since 2011
- Prior to that Milan hasn't won a league title since 2004.
- Milan last qualified for CL in 2014.

We don't need someone that has decent motivational skills (yes you are way overrating Gattuso's motivational skills, he didn't do any miracles). We need someone that can at least copy a system that works for does 5 -7 elite coaches that you mentioned.

We need results, and randomly hoping that a coach with zero experience will bring them, is as poor of a decision as it gets.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
yep, I agree with this...but can milan afford someone who needs to grow in his role as much as the younger players?

I would hate to see him sacked btw, but I also doubt he's capable.

it's tough, hopefully he succeeds.

I haven't seen anyone give the compactness he gave us in that winning run (till Romagnoli got injured) since Allegri. For Serie A, Gattuso has shown that he has the intelligence to understand what's needed.

Is he good enough for CL? That's the tricky one.. I don't know.

But I can guarantee that whichever coach you get instead of Gattuso, Milan won't come close to top 4 in Serie A without a top striker.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
You can say for certain that the mistakes of Donnarumma and Kalinic were not his fault. What can a coach do when their goalkeeper lets in two very simple saves and your forward scores an embarrassing own goal?

We have average strikers and at the top level you only get a few chances and if you don't take them you lose.

We lost to a world class Juve team who only recently put 3 past Real at their place. We are light years away from Juve and sacking Gattuso isn't going to help.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
after the first goal, 5-6 players were going crazy
not the fault of Rino imo
Bonucci should have stepped up and acted as a captain, but he was too busy complaining to the referee

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I agree that perhaps Gattuso's biggest problem is that we don't have a reliable, high volume goal scorer.

EVERYBODY'S finishing is average at best. This includes the midfielders. Kalinic is the worst for sure. Cutrone is the best. Silva is somewhere in the middle

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I love him to bits, but he is not the right coach to lead us back to CL at this point in time. We simply can't afford to miss out on CL next season. This season is the absolute limit. After that we're a certified midtable team and no proper player is gonna be willing to come here

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
He's done remarkable with this slow ass team tbh

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I love him to bits, but he is not the right coach to lead us back to CL at this point in time. We simply can't afford to miss out on CL next season. This season is the absolute limit. After that we're a certified midtable team and no proper player is gonna be willing to come here

You know that we are comfortably in CL positions if you consider just the 2nd half of the season? What makes you think that'll change if Gattuso gets a full season and moreover with a real striker?

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You know that we are comfortably in CL positions if you consider just the 2nd half of the season? What makes you think that'll change if Gattuso gets a full season and moreover with a real striker?

There were maybe only 3 or 4 games where I was satisfied with the teams performance. Then there were a lot of games where we just shithoused our way to a result, and then there were a number of games where I could barely watch l.
He is too inconsistent and unproven. It would be too much of a gamble

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There were maybe only 3 or 4 games where I was satisfied with the teams performance. Then there were a lot of games where we just shithoused our way to a result, and then there were a number of games where I could barely watch l.
He is too inconsistent and unproven. It would be too much of a gamble

That really wasn't anything to do with what I mentioned. I was talking merely points and 4th spot.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That really wasn't anything to do with what I mentioned. I was talking merely points and 4th spot.

Can I get the stats on that? I know that the teams in front of us have been slipping up a lot in the second half of the season. Besides, wait for the next 2 games and round it all up and then we'll see

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
2nd half points: Juve 44, Napoli 37, Milan 35, Roma 33, Atalanta 32, Lazio 31, Fiorentina 30, Inter 28.

Sure, let’s revisit this after the next two rounds as well.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
2nd half points: Juve 44, Napoli 37, Milan 35, Roma 33, Atalanta 32, Lazio 31, Fiorentina 30, Inter 28.

Sure, let’s revisit this after the next two rounds as well.

How convenient for your argument that the second half of the season started right at the end of the first 5 games under Gattuso, where he only got 5 points in 5 games, and right at the start of the 10 game streak without a loss. :lol:

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How convenient for your argument that the second half of the season started right at the end of the first 5 games under Gattuso, where he only got 5 points in 5 games, and right at the start of the 10 game streak without a loss. :lol:

The team is in dissaray when he took over tbh

There are lots of positives to build on with Gattuso as our coach, but obviously I prefer a Sarri or Conte

Legio IV GrintaBoyz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Sacking Gattuso would be a horrible, horrible mistake. Give the man his own transfer window and better players first.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Sacking Gattuso would be a horrible, horrible mistake. Give the man his own transfer window and better players first.

Weak excuse when we're dropping 5 points (we're currently 11 points off 4th) to the likes of benevento.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Ah damnit.. how cleverly have you caught on to my cunning trick of ignoring the earlier games in a discussion on how Gattuso turned the team around. We had missed you sorely, Raz.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
but great excuse when we were winning against likes of lazio and roma.

As a Milan fan beating the likes of Roma and Lazio is nothing to write home about. And we should be beating them (atleast once in the season)

Also iirc Roma rested dzeko for that game.

If we hadn't dropped those points to Benny and Sass we'd still be within a shout of the UCL spots :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
As a Milan fan

"my fellow milan fans"

sYq9n0H.png

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta

its funny how important you think your own opinion is. it's not the end of the world for anyone else. why is it the end of the world for you? the rest of us are always here. we havent gone anywhere. and we're not going anywhere.

if you don't realise how inconsequential your thoughts on the matter are, then leave.

if you feel you are in a position to brand the club as a midtable team just because your expectations are not met, then you are truly displaying bandwagon fever and should simply just jump to another club like how dru jumped the sinking inter boat and joined milan.

how the fuck did we end up with such fickle-ass fans in the first place?

why the fuck did you even return?

Schedule