The Rumour Commode IX

Biggest priority of the winter market after Honda and Rami?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
Is this the worst mercato we've had in recent memory?

When you say recent memory you mean the last 8 months right? Because I can name various one over the past 8 years

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
At the end of the day none of us are payin Matri's fee or wages and nor is it our decision to want him or not, so its either suck it up and support or cry like little bitches.

Yes we are, how the hell do you think clubs make money? You buy merchandise, tickets, pay for sky, espn etc subscriptions.. why milan gets so much money in TV revenues and not siena? Its because of the number of supporters. So that point was completely rubbish.

And people can support however they want to, they can moan and support or be like Congo and support everything. Otherwise ask David to close this forum, so that there is no different opinion for you to see.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
1. Arguable if any of the three you mentioned will have a bigger impact than matri, its unknown to all of us.
Lopez - wouldnt mind him on loan
Bergessio - is he even for sale? does he take a eu spot? im asking cause i do not know
Thereau - good player, but again is he for sale?

2. the same way any rotational player would. matri can be a targetman and has more cl and serie a experience than the 3 players you mentioned, plus is milan youth.

3. who will provide bergessio, lopez, or thereau with service?

edit: I think you didn't want me to bring up stats, even though i wasn't intending on it because you know that matri's stats are better :p

You don't need EU if its within Serie A.

And I already stated why...

Who will provide those guy's service? Someone we should spend money on INSTEAD of Matri.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
4dQBR.png

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
theres a meeting, great. in the last one you belittled the manager and then eneded up not even sacking him. Then you told the guy to play 4-3-1-2 without signing the required players so we went back to 433 immediately and we still haven't strengthened the squad. i wonder what momentous feats will be accomplished with this meeting, but yeah im sure 2 wc players are imminent.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Please sign eli manning please

JohnnyWunderboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Gattuso, Pazzini
the team with the highest revenue in italy shouldn't find it hard to buy the likes of ljajic, ogbonna, strootman etc.

in the end they're going to spend 10-12 million on matri when ljajic cost the same, ogbonna cost 13 and strootman cost 16 + bonuses.

no one is comparing milan to barca/madrid/chelsea/city when it comes to transfer budgets and no one should.

+ billion

elsheva

Banned
Reaction score
Silvio Berlusconi, Allegri, Galliani and Barbara Berlusconi will have a meeting at 18:00 CET at Berlusconi's villa in Arcore.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
only one of them is a center mid who replaced flamini.

the team with the highest revenue in italy shouldn't find it hard to buy the likes of ljajic, ogbonna, strootman etc.

in the end they're going to spend 10-12 million on matri when ljajic cost the same, ogbonna cost 13 and strootman cost 16 + bonuses.

no one is comparing milan to barca/madrid/chelsea/city when it comes to transfer budgets and no one should.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
In more important news, will Berlusconi be at the group stage draw?

That'll be some pretty big move.

Tdotboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Madrid are trying to buy Bale...maybe berlu could land someone from there? I know it wont happen, but lets be realistic. Berlu's net worth went up almost 2 billion this yr...if he really wanted to, he could spend 50 mil in a drop of a dime.

ACmen

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio Maldini Costacurta Inzaghi Sheva Boban Nesta Pirlo Bierhoff TS33 Kaka Pazzo Weah Clarence
Massimiliano Allegri, as reported by "Sky Sport 24", arrived Arcore for a summit meeting with Berlusconi and Galliani. The three attend the draw of the Champions League, will talk about the market and probably the coach from Livorno clarify its position after the statements last night. A meeting that takes place almost three months from that of June 2, when the coach was confirmed as coach of AC Milan.

Whoa! What if Allegri wasn't joking about resignation? :lol: That would be the only way for him to get at least some respect! Seriously, I'd even stop hating him

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Massimiliano Allegri, as reported by "Sky Sport 24", arrived Arcore for a summit meeting with Berlusconi and Galliani. The three attend the draw of the Champions League, will talk about the market and probably the coach from Livorno clarify its position after the statements last night. A meeting that takes place almost three months from that of June 2, when the coach was confirmed as coach of AC Milan.

Whoa! What if Allegri wasn't joking about resignation? :lol: That would be the only way for him to get at least some respect! Seriously, I'd even stop hating him

First you get respect, then you get Matri, and maybe Astori

dvdpktt

Mesbah Fanboy
Reaction score
Madrid are trying to buy Bale...maybe berlu could land someone from there? I know it wont happen, but lets be realistic. Berlu's net worth went up almost 2 billion this yr...if he really wanted to, he could spend 50 mil in a drop of a dime.

Varane, and Khedira pls.

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
There was a time when I really wanted Matri in our team, that was when Huntelaar and Bori were are main forwards and Pato was being Pato.

Our forward line has improved considerably in the past few years.

dvdpktt

Mesbah Fanboy
Reaction score
There was a time when I really wanted Matri in our team, that was when Huntelaar and Bori were are main forwards and Pato was being Pato.

Our forward line has improved considerably in the past few years.

front line's probably our strongest part right now. El Shaarawy/Balotelli/Pazzini

Need new mf/defence

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
Allegri get what he wants end of story!

Matri#9

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Who will provide those guy's service? Someone we should spend money on INSTEAD of Matri.

we are getting him in presumably in January, if not the next few days.

lets do a 3 little scenario's that arent at all that uncommon shall we?
we have signed a CAM! Awesome, great we can link up now and our strikers get service!
Oh no #1. Balotelli is missing the next # games, they may or may not be important. We have Petagna for unimportant games but who do we have for important ones?
Oh no #2. Our new CAM is missing the next # games, who do we have to give our strikers service.
Oh no #3. Both Balotelli and our new CAM is missing #games, We now have no striker and no one to give our missing striker service. we have saponara and petagna for unimportant games. who do we have for important ones?

Its better to get a striker than a cam right now because if balotelli is gone we are fucked whether we have a cam or not. Balotelli's importance is unquestionable.

I definitely do wish to have a creative cam, but ideally a backup striker that can be called up and be reliable is much more needed especially with a cam on the way.

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
i wont support if abbiatti scores a goal

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I wasn't referring only to you. I wasn't twisting anything.

There's a difference between wanting one player out who is commonly agreed to be one of our most pointless purchases ever, and wanting out a manager who is widely accepted to have done very well with the resources provided.

Conservatism as in stability, not frugality, even though we manage to achieve that too.

vain (vn)
adj. vain·er, vain·est
1. Not yielding the desired outcome; fruitless: a vain attempt.
2. Lacking substance or worth: vain talk.
3. Excessively proud of one's appearance or accomplishments; conceited.
4. Archaic Foolish.

Firstly, I was referring to the morons who want us to lose, hoping it will spur Berlu to spend money. So, I'll give you a 1.

Reinforcements we need? That's a view which is completely untrue as you, as with the rest of us, only have an outsider view of the team. For all we know, Zapata and Mexes perform greater in training than Nesta, Silva, Baresi and Maldini ever did. Numerically, we are covered everywhere BAR CF, which is why we're going for Matri.

I lament the price, too, but I've always held the view that we have money to spend, we just chose not to spend it on Honda, Ljajic and others. There is no point spending over the odds on players that are free in a matter of months, or ones that half of the forum deems surplus anyway(don't pretend like Ljajic wasn't regarded as adding to the woes of too many STs/WFs/AMs)

What we need is a CF. I understand that Matri, statistically, is probably the best of a decent bunch. Preferably, I'd go for Borriello, as he can do the job with ease and would presumably be cheaper. Alas, it won't happen and we'll have Matri.

On that note, last year, there was an outcry when we got useless Pazzo for mercurially talented Cassano and 7m... now, Pazzo is of the level of arguable national team starter and Cassano has been loaned to Parma...

Give it time. It may work out anyway.
@ bold part :eek:

Even if the bold part were true....it's clear that in match situations, they can't hold a candle to Nesta and co so it's all moot really.

@ Red Part

A few months of shit performances and we're already out of the scudetto race/CL. A relatively small investment in the players we need now could guarantee that later on we aren't like a fish out of water later on. Also let's say that we tank early in the CL we become less attractive for any potential targets we may have earmarked for January

@ blue part

I never rated Cassano much but I get your point. To me he was always going to be more trouble than he was worth. Also Pazzo has done very well here after settling in.

However, his arrival here augments the team, but still opens up another issue which has been supply to the strikers since the shit one took over. He has systematically shot himself in the foot by outright discarding, or having a hand in the disposal of Ron, P!rlo, Dorf, Aquaman, Merkel etc. Poli seems to be growing from strength to strength, but I am not convinced that he has all the keys for tightly locked defenses. All hope for this rests on the young shoulders of Saponera

Status
Not open for further replies.