The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
Cutrone sold last year, so why people like to include money earned in the past?

It's like saying Milan earned 33M from Suso and Kucka, so now we can spend on the market. :fp:

Maybe we received the amount in installments for Cutrone..

Danielito

Prime Сasual Dating - Actual Girls
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi
Boga is an incredible winger, great if you're planning to play wide and having him cut inside to dribble and shoot. We won't be doing that next year, the wide midfielders job is very specific, it's to press the wide defenders constantly to cut off the passing lane outside, and then burst forward centrally when we get the ball. They're not typical wingers that try to take men on out wide. Boga isn't the right profile for this and would force us to play a better Susoball out on the left. The team next year will not be built on individuals trying to unlock the game, so looking for players like that is counterproductive, and they're usually sold at a premium.

Excellent point once again. :star:

Shick was excellent at Sampdoria but he was wasteful at Roma, he also played at wing position which was not his natural position so there's that but I'm still not sold on him.

He is good when it comes to dribbling, link up play and he is a tricky player but his finishing needs to be better. I haven't seen him at RB Leipzig so I don't know if he has improved that part of his play or not.
But we need a pure CF though.

Sent from my CPH1861 using Tapatalk

As written few pages back - Schick is master of none. He looks elegant on the ball but that's about it. Germany is perfect for him and for the sake of our NT I hope he stays there.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
He can adapt slightly, as he has adapted his formations in the past.

Also one of Kjaer?s most underrated attributes IMO is his passing ability. His long balls out of the back are excellent. It is an attribute that a lot of CBs lack and could be useful to Ralf or any manager for that matter.

Still I find it hard to see a pairing of him and Roma in a Rangnick team. Other teams would find it too easy to exploit the gaping room behind the backline as neither of the CB's would be able to run up pacy forwards.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Top avg. sprint speed (2019-20)

Theo Hernandez 32.38 km/h
Rafael Leao 32.20 km/h
Ante Rebic 32.18 km/h
Zlatan Ibrahimovic 32.04
Hakan Calhanoglu 31.93 km/h
Franck Kessie 31.49 km/h

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
For what it’s worth Spud, one of the insiders who reports on transfer news, not just Milan (around 21k followers) says Szobo is done, Jovic has agreed to terms (we would need to figure out the right payment plans I assume) and that we have enquired for Lozano.

Let’s see.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
After all this Rangnick talk, how funny would it be if he doesn't arrive in the end

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nobody answered my question: Would you trade Hakan for Tonali and what would the formula be?

Yes.
The formula would be 75% potassium nitrate, 15% carbon, 10% sulfur. Load that shit up into a cannon, stick Hakan inside, point west towards Brescia and shoot.
And I don't even rate Tonali that highly

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
If it's true that Maldini was offered a role to stay and that Ragnick also wants him to stay...but he decides to leave and keep receiving a salary to not "put up a legal fight" I will be really disappointed in Maldini.

That is not captain behavior. He is extremely entitled and arrogant. What experience did he have as a director at the highest level of a club before Milan?

I'm seriously questioning his values and willingness to grow. If in a few months time, Maldini is sipping aperol spritz in Ibiza and collecting a fat paycheck, I will be embarrassed of him.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Nobody answered my question: Would you trade Hakan for Tonali and what would the formula be?

As a goodwill gesture so Brescia wud come sit at the table.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score

No, two different positions. Would anyone seriously trade Ben for Tonali..?

Ideally, Hakan will stay and be seriously challenged for his starting spot.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Tonali will come here to warm our bench, he is not better than bennacer or kessie atm

I rather spend money strenghtening our right flank, samu saele conti calabria are mediocre bunch

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't think the market for Tonali is as strong as Brescia want. I think Inter, Juve, and Milan all realize that a relegated team won't be able to really negotiate that well.

If we play a 433, I can see Tonali being important. Us being linked with a bunch of wingers like Rashica would make more sense, as well. But he's a LW, and we need a RW. I wonder if Rangnick will maybe stop inverting wingers?

Bakayoko would be a good backup and rotational player. I don't think he has a strong market either. Kessie needs a rest against Parma, and I worry we are running him into the ground again.

His first year Kessie actually did well for us. He was used so much, that he was just exhausted. Bakayoko would make a great addition. He might be expensive for what we need, though. We need someone to help with Kessie's workload. I think a Benna backup is important too.

I just don't know what formation we will use, so I can't judge our priorities. Besides a starting CB, a RB, and a ST, what we need next really hinges on what Rangnick wants to do.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
Brescia is fucked, they’re trying to create a bidding war but they’re being relegated and so they can’t afford to play chicken with the teams bidding for him. Ultimately the bud should plateau at a figure acceptable to the potential buying teams and Tonali will pick the team that he prefers/terms.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mbaka over Tonali... wow, R&B, to you...
rHo4N6G.gif

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
If it's true that Maldini was offered a role to stay and that Ragnick also wants him to stay...but he decides to leave and keep receiving a salary to not "put up a legal fight" I will be really disappointed in Maldini.

That is not captain behavior. He is extremely entitled and arrogant. What experience did he have as a director at the highest level of a club before Milan?

I'm seriously questioning his values and willingness to grow. If in a few months time, Maldini is sipping aperol spritz in Ibiza and collecting a fat paycheck, I will be embarrassed of him.

But you dont know what the role is

If its just a ceremonial one we know that is not what he wants and if he did he couldve came back sooner under previous regimes. If it is one where he works closely learning from new manager even though he doesnt have final says then that is different.

As for the contract - all get paid or settle for an agreed amount so why would he be any different.

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Maldini should stay in either an ambassadorial role or a smaller technical role under Rangnick.

What do you mean by "not put a legal fight"? As long as Milan are paying him he's still under contract to the club, whether he's working or not. If the club is not terminating the contract then what would be the basis of a "legal fight". It's like a player under contract who is kept on the bench.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini should stay in either an ambassadorial role or a smaller technical role under Rangnick.

What do you mean by "not put a legal fight"? As long as Milan are paying him he's still under contract to the club, whether he's working or not. If the club is not terminating the contract then what would be the basis of a "legal fight". It's like a player under contract who is kept on the bench.

Think he is commenting on accepting a salary but not working. Players who are kept on the bench still train and are available for selection. Maldini would be getting paid to stay home, akin to a sacked manager.

I believe Rino ceded any salary he would have made after being let go. It is well within Paolo?s rights to accept that salary, it is part of his contract but I think the sentiment he is expressing is that it would fly counter to the principles Paolo has expressed on many occasions.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Some people believe what they want to believe really :fp:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'd like to note that Cutrone's 22m transfer last year, which was pure profit, funded our entire transfer campaign last summer, because of how accounting works under FFP.

So the 24m that came in for Suso will probably be the source of funding for our transfer campaign this summer. Which was 97% profit.

I bring this up because I see reports of "Suso sold... Szobo...?"

Cutrone's sale funded everything last summer, and Suso would have funded this summer's sale if there wasn't Covid impacting FFP regulations and the market. I also think that, as I've said a million times, we really don't know how Rangnick does business.

Under Maldini and Boban, we were linked with X and Y, and it never happened, and then out of no where, Theo is the target. Bennacer's transfer became a thing because he was away at a tournament, but no one knew he was a target beforehand. Maybe Rangnick doesn't want Tonali? Maybe he doesn't want Luis? Maybe Schick is just linked because he's a Red Bull kid? I don't know what is true and what isn't, and I don't think we can really figure it out, because he doesn't even have the job officially yet.

Kjaer being redeemed, to me, isn't some grand illustration of Rangnick not really being in charge yet. Musa is seriously injured, Duarte is coming back from a serious injury, and Gabbia is the next in line for CB. Kjaer, for 3.5m, is an easy transfer to make. He's done really well for Milan, and he's been an upgrade over Caldara. I wished Caldara became the player we saw for that one Coppa game against Lazio, he would have been a monster partner for Romagnoli. Watching him against Brescia, he doesn't look good. He was actually pretty poor.

Whether it is Rangnick or Pioli, redeeming Kjaer doesn't mean we don't seriously need a new CB. I hope that Duarte recovers from his injury and does well, and that Gabbia turns into the second coming of Baresi, but until then, Kjaer provides some certainty so we don't have to panic when shopping for a CB partner for Romagnoli.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
0 hope for duarte
not much bigger for gabbia
musa as 4th option isnt terrible
roma as a starter
we need kjaer and someone else ... best someone better than kjaer

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
0 hope for duarte
not much bigger for gabbia
musa as 4th option isnt terrible
roma as a starter
we need kjaer and someone else ... best someone better than kjaer

Fofana I hope.

Milenkovic is a nice upgrade but Italian teams are tough to negotiate with, unless they take Paqueta straight up.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^^Lol! :thumbsup:
I was too lazy to write out the quote.

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score

Think he is commenting on accepting a salary but not working. Players who are kept on the bench still train and are available for selection. Maldini would be getting paid to stay home, akin to a sacked manager.

I believe Rino ceded any salary he would have made after being let go. It is well within Paolo?s rights to accept that salary, it is part of his contract but I think the sentiment he is expressing is that it would fly counter to the principles Paolo has expressed on many occasions.

Thank you Capitano, that is the sentiment I was trying to convey. You put it beautifully and using Gattuso as an example made it more clear.

Polotelli, you are also believeing what you want to believe. The truth will come out and we'll see what role was offered. I don't see Elliot discarding a legend of the club that they worked so hard to bring here, I think the role offered was a good one and appropriate for his level of experience. But that's just my opinion.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team

Remember, Maldini scouted Theo until Maldini was on his way out, then it was all Moncada.

Also, if you were Maldini, these people would not leave that position into a shitter one.

What does Nedved do at Juventus? He seems to have a Maldini-esque role.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
The newly introduced five susbtitutions rule have been extended to next season.

This is why we should improve the bench.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule