The Rumour Commode XXI

Who should lead Milan's attack in 17/18 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
It makes sense to me. He's Bacca's replacement.

Look at the facts. We're rebuilding this team from bottom to top and we need assurances on all fronts.

- Silva is a good buy but an investment more than anything. He could start for us, but we don't really know what we're going to get from him.

- Cutrone is very very raw and Milan probably don't consider him ready to play just yet. Fair enough.

- Borini... don't even. He is honestly just here as a work-rate merchant and can do an adequate job as a utility player. Provides nothing else and will certainly never be a starter.

- Also, consider the fact we could be playing two up front. We need more than what we have.

So what does all of the above have in common? They are all question marks. Kalinic is dependable and while his goal-scoring rate isnt that impressive, it's not terrible either. It goes without saying he's far more well-rounded than Bacca, and he'd be playing with a much better team behind him.

It's no question that F&M have been in the market for a striker, but post-Silva it was well noted we were looking for a top name and had a significant budget for said striker. I highly doubt we'd just walk away with Kalinic for 30m.

longer version of my post :thumbsup:

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
we are great already, Kalizaurus will fill an important position, that's all. The machine will start working very soon ;) And what I was saying was that we can pretty much get Kalinic and another FW, something that he did not believe in.

nooo .we could become very solid but we arent noway near great ,scored 3 goals from set p. against team that is so bad and then lose against betis (i know friendly ) but we didnt played so good,so no we arent great and kalishit wont help much.but we have potential to be very good

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fullback Shmullback. We gonna play 3-5-2. Got RR,Conti,Bona and Suso for the wings.

I really don't see Bona and Suso playing as wingbacks.

We will not play 352 at least until Romagnoli is back + Montella never goes totally for a 3 man defense. 4 man defense will always be an option.

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
:thumbsup::star:

bring him

I agree although we still would need one of Aubamayeng or Belotti, Kalinic is slowly winning me over by his determination to only play for Milan.

I wish Belotti who show half the desire to play for Milan as Kalinic. And even though he's stepping it up even Aubamayeng can do more to press a move.

What impresses me more about Kalinic is that he has a good idea that he won't even be the first choice striker if he comes and he still wants to play for us.

Last edited:

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
nooo .we could become very solid but we arent noway near great ,scored 3 goals from set p. against team that is so bad and then lose against betis (i know friendly ) but we didnt played so good,so no we arent great and kalishit wont help much.but we have potential to be very good

How did we score against Bayern?

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato

Well against Betis we played horribly but we were missing more than half of our best players so not a real good indicator especially since it was in pre season a week before our europ league tie. We definitely planning on playing 3-5-2 or a similar formation so we need depth at striker without a doubt. Kalinic is a huge upgrade on Bacca in terms of what he offers to the team in both an attacking and defensive sense. We have scored a lot of goals from set pieces but guess what we've just got that little bit more dangerous from what seems to be a strength of ours at the minute. Goals from open play will come, we're definitely preparing for a star signing too imo.

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How did we score against Bayern?

everyone won against bayern including inter,and in 2 games that is 180 min we didnt scored from open play against team that is very weak very ,3 goals from set p. and 1 goal agains betis ,,,,... this time penalty

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score

we were playing without bonucci, biglia, romagnoli, silva only 40 minutes in 2 games or something, Hakan, Conti and others only getting into form, Bona still rusty, Suso just from the injury. It's not about lacking players, it's about getting into rythm, and second game was pretty good. We do lack an attacker or 2, and I believe we will get Kalinic + someone else, but even if it's only Kalinic, we'll be fine. What we lack is a tall presence up front that can get defenders on him, Kalinic will do that perfectly and open up spaces. Something Aubamayeeng cannot do. If he comes too and plays with Kalinic, we can even go for Scudetto.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I really don't see Bona and Suso playing as wingbacks.

We will not play 352 at least until Romagnoli is back + Montella never goes totally for a 3 man defense. 4 man defense will always be an option.

I would be confused if we do send Antonelli the other way.

Unless there is something wrong with Antonelli (Montella has not been high on him for awhile now), and that there may be lingering effects of his injuries.

I really don't see us going for another LB

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Well against Betis we played horribly but we were missing more than half of our best players so not a real good indicator especially since it was in pre season a week before our europ league tie. We definitely planning on playing 3-5-2 or a similar formation so we need depth at striker without a doubt. Kalinic is a huge upgrade on Bacca in terms of what he offers to the team in both an attacking and defensive sense. We have scored a lot of goals from set pieces but guess what we've just got that little bit more dangerous from what seems to be a strength of ours at the minute. Goals from open play will come, we're definitely preparing for a star signing too imo.

can we stop analyzing a shitty friendly with a bitchy team that noone should care about?

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
can we stop analyzing a shitty friendly with a bitchy team that noone should care about?

Maybe if you actually read my post I was suggesting the same thing to patosheva by saying it wasn't a good game to go off

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Maybe if you actually read my post I was suggesting the same thing to patosheva by saying it wasn't a good game to go off

I know, meant no offence bro. It's just funny to read Betis this Betis that, that game isn't even worth mentioning.

IRON MAN

FU R
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Maldini, Kaka, Seedorf, Pirlo, Baresi, Weah, Shevchenko, Nesta, Bilic, Jarni, Van Basten.
Kalinic is not WC, but he will improve this team & that is something. Main thing is that with every buy this team is getting better.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would be confused if we do send Antonelli the other way.

Unless there is something wrong with Antonelli (Montella has not been high on him for awhile now), and that there may be lingering effects of his injuries.

I really don't see us going for another LB

Yeah, it's weird.

He played less than 400 minutes last season. But there was Vangioni, De Sciglio and Calabria.

We need the depth. And even a squad level LB is some 10~15M extra.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Kalinic is not WC, but he will improve this team & that is something. Main thing is that with every buy this team is getting better.

I'll try to surprise you now. Neither are Belotti and Auba. The only WC forward we've been linked to is Diego Costa, who is also a WC bitch.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I know, meant no offence bro. It's just funny to read Betis this Betis that, that game isn't even worth mentioning.

All good bro, I get what you're saying :thumbsup:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I'll try to surprise you now. Neither are Belotti and Auba. The only WC forward we've been linked to is Diego Costa, who is also a WC bitch.

what are the requirements for being considered WC?

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
tripple handshake confirmed yet or?

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
In what dimension of hell is Aubameyang not WC?

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Newsflash: we are devils and our home is hell

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
@PianiMino 2h2 hours ago
Conferme, l'uscita di #Bacca sblocca l'arrivo di 2 punte ( una top)

Confirmation, the release of Bacca will the arrival of 2 forwards (one top)

--------

As I said before, Bacca out, Kalinic in for the moment and then a top class striker (Auba etc.)

Probably means Crotone will land Cutrone on loan.

----------

I also read earlier that they expect Montella to possibly change the model/formation to get the best out of Calhanoglu, so could be 4231/3412 to best utilize his ability in the '#10' role.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.