Milan Fans UK

Elio

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rui Costa. Ibrahimovic. Nocerino. Prince. Robinho. El Shaarawy. Honda
I like the 8th one along with the 2nd page banner.

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9
The St. George's cross isn't included in the logo for show you know

:head:

It's actually the flag of Ambrosia isn't it? The patron saint of Lombardia, I could be wrong but this was what I've heard.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's actually the flag of Ambrosia isn't it? The patron saint of Lombardia, I could be wrong but this was what I've heard.

I always thought that it was because were founded by an Englishman?

What I've always known, infact back when then the normal site ran consistently there was a lengthy article about where AC Milan came from, worth a read.

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
I always thought that it was because were founded by an Englishman?

No, it's the flag of Milan as far as I know, as well as the flag of Genoa. The reason England are using it as their flag afaik, is because of the dominance of Genoa in the meditarranean in the middle ages. English ships would fly the flag to get protection from Genoa, which ment they later adopted the flag as the national flag.

Genoa also has the flag in their logo:

genoa.png

Last edited:

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No, it's the flag of Milan as far as I know, as well as the flag of Genoa. The reason England are using it as their flag afaik, is because of the dominance of Genoa in the meditarranean in the middle ages. English ships would fly the flag to get protection from Genoa, which ment they later adopted the flag as the national flag.

Genoa also has the flag in their logo:

genoa.png

Had to read about that a little, apparently England were using that flag before then but that about Genoa was in there too. This forum taught me something :thumbsup:

Rossonero

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaka, El Shaarawy
7th one is the best!

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9
After all it is Michael's forum so I think he should have final say, if you prefer the Union Jack I'll implement that one as the temporary banner for now, unless you think the one I stipulated as being a banner could work?

drobeck

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I Liked the 7th one as well.

A suggestion on the forum for the UK fans change the color of the background to
something that doesn't burn out the eyes. I know red and black are the team colors
but I cant look at that page for more than 5 secs.

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players

something that doesn't burn out the eyes. I know red and black are the team colors

That's what I thought too, it's Michael's forum but I'll run it by him!

forzamilansafc

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ronaldinhio, gattuso, pirlo, pato, inzaghi, kaka, maldini

Its been changed, looks alot better.

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
If a mod/admin could change the name of this thread to 'Milan Fans UK' that would be a great help to promoting the forum, as I said in a previous post it's not meant to be a challenge to take users away from this forum so yeah if someone could do that it'd be much appreciated.

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Updated the page banner, click my sig to see.

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players

ShevaDaniel

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SHEVA, MARCO VAN BASTEN
I think if you want to creat an AC MILAN fan club in UK, you cant use AC MILAN badge without the agreement of the club.If you do,you could face legal action.Thats why,I believe would be safer to use the 7th badge.Anyway its the coolest too.

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think if you want to creat an AC MILAN fan club in UK, you cant use AC MILAN badge without the agreement of the club.If you do,you could face legal action.Thats why,I believe would be safer to use the 7th badge.Anyway its the coolest too.

many thanks, we've gone with the UK flag on the badge for the forum yes, it is just early days at the moment we need a lot more members/interest before we think of making it properly official.

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Any fans in the UK going to be in/around London for this first leg, if so come watch it in central London with a few others!

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
^ Not going for this one, plus with the injuries etc I dont want to fly to london to suffer lol

Plus on the posters, Ive put a few up around campus so hopefully it works out :D

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
thanks man, really appreciate it! yeah, come for the 2nd leg maybe? although a few members of the uk forum have tickets to go anyway, lucky buggers!

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
yeah I will hopefully make the 2nd leg, 90% sure. And I take it there is no hope of getting a ticket for the 2nd leg anymore?

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
yeah I will hopefully make the 2nd leg, 90% sure. And I take it there is no hope of getting a ticket for the 2nd leg anymore?

well i'm sure there still is, but not in the Milan end, and not if you don't wanna pay through the nose for it! haha

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
well i'm sure there still is, but not in the Milan end, and not if you don't wanna pay through the nose for it! haha

at this stage I would sit with the arsenal fans, although i dont know if I could completely hide my delight if we did score lol

Plus if I need to pay a ton for a ticket screw it, im young :lol:

But sitting with other fans in a bar sounds fun anyway, so its a great second option.

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well, most Arsenal fans I've talked to suggest not sitting with them, there's no way in hell you can contain your delight, absolutely no way at all! But yeah if you think you can manage that go for it otherwise deffo come to a bar!

Schedule