Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
paulpierce.jpg

looks like pierce is trying to bring back the zoot suit!!

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
cant wait 4 the game!!! :star: :star: :star:

been watching most of the games since the conference finals @ this bar walking distance from my house...$2 errything on draft...i load up on stellas and summer-shandy (no homo hehe)...then stumble home..usually stopping at another bar on the way home until closing..

work @ 7 am...doesnt even phase me. i'm as resilient as paul pierce.

celticsssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!! :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
I watch à few games à year ( it isnt broadcasted often here & at awfull times). Isnt Bostons team way better with Pierce, Rondo, Allen & Garnett..

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Derek Fisher I love you. :star:

Lakers!

Haters gonna......... hate. :D

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
maaaayne..this series is going 7 games me thinks...

not gonna lie. only remember about 67% of the game...also have mild hangover today...but totes worth it :star: :star:

almost got thrown out by this cop lulz...was carrying on with this chica rite next to him on the sidewalk :D :star: asked us 2 stop/leave about 10 times b4 i realized he was srs... :D :D

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I watch à few games à year ( it isnt broadcasted often here & at awfull times). Isnt Bostons team way better with Pierce, Rondo, Allen & Garnett..

surely milan has best team in world then with pirlo, pippo, seedorf, gattuso, nesta AND ronaldinho!?

Allen and Garnett are nowhere near there prime. Allen is 35, Garnett has had awful injury problems (is also 34)..... They can still play on occasion but no where near there best. All you need to do is look at Garnett's stats now compare to his prime years. Heck compare to 2 years ago (title year with Boston).

Kobe is still in his prime. Gasol, Odom, Bynum... no team has that much skill inside, which is reason Fakers are so good, not kobe (don't fool yourself... no one can guard 3 guys over 6-10, 2 of whom are ovr 7ft). Also Artest is pretty good in his own right.

There isn't a person in world who would say "Lakers aren't most talented team". But hey Boston is tough and in 1 series could take them if all goes well

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Pretty excited for tonight. Expect a good one.

Expect Jesus Shuttlesworth to turn it back on.

co1_medium.jpg

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri

The Machine FTW! :star:

Expect some of this in game 5 tomorrow:

Last edited:

Ghisolfa

SUN SEMPER CHI
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Baggio, Pirlo
Hahaha how could anyone be arguing on behalf of Laker fans??? The basketball is a complete side-show in LA!

BEAT LA

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Kobe needed help today. Refs were decent but missed a couple of BIG calls. If we lose this series I will cry. :cry:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
paaaaaaaaaulllllieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
:star: :star: :star: :star:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
hmmm, kobe doesnt shoot much.... gasol players well Lakers win?

I don't get how the media just sucks Overrated#24's dick so hard. Shaq won them 3, and then they got Gasol/Bynum/Odom (read: 3 all star level bigs... unheard of size/talent) and they win again? But hey what happened during those middle years..... best player on planet my ass. He should work on being best player on his team first.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
hmmm, kobe doesnt shoot much.... gasol players well Lakers win?

I don't get how the media just sucks Overrated#24's dick so hard. Shaq won them 3, and then they got Gasol/Bynum/Odom (read: 3 all star level bigs... unheard of size/talent) and they win again? But hey what happened during those middle years..... best player on planet my ass. He should work on being best player on his team first.
You mad? :D

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Expect a classic in Game 7 of Celtics-Lakers

These NBA Finals promised to be direct descendents of the most memorable in basketball history, the remaking and recasting of Chamberlain and Russell, Magic and Bird.

History guaranteed an epic, but the present has delivered a choppy series long on blowouts and short on drama. T

here have been magnificent performances, genius talent, but ultimately this is a series searching to frame itself for the ages.

These are a Finals desperate for a Game 7, and maybe now Kobe and Gasol, Pierce and Garnett, will transform a snarling, unkempt series into an epic.

History comes calling on Thursday night, comes for the biggest stars and the most improbable heroes. These Game 7s still bring out the best and worst of everyone, when makes and misses belong to immortality and infamy.

There are such legacies on the line, a lifetime of rejoicing and regret awaiting these franchises.

Kobe Bryant(notes) tries to match Magic Johnson and his five Lakers titles, tries to move within one of the ghost he’s always chasing, Michael Jordan. Paul Pierce(notes) tries to do something that Larry Bird and Kevin McHale never did in the 1980s, and that’s twice beat the Lakers for championships. Something’s probably going to happen on Thursday night that no one’s ever going to forget.

Every night, these Finals have belonged to the most desperate team and perhaps that was all prelude to a Game 7 now. Everything changed so fast for the Boston Celtics.

They had come out here needing one victory to close out the Lakers, and suddenly the Lakers were running over them, and Kendrick Perkins(notes) had crumpled to the floor, clutching his knee. He’s out for Game 7 with sprained ligaments in his right knee, and now it gets so much harder for the Celtics.

Make no mistake: Between Perkins’ knee and a decided 89-67 victory on Tuesday night, so much has swung back to the Lakers now. They had such pressure on them, such heaviness hung in the L.A. air, but they never let the Celtics challenge them in Game 6.

Kobe Bryant’s brilliance revealed itself in every way. For those Celtics privately praying that he would grind these Lakers into submission between Games 5 and 6, they would be disappointed to discover that Bryant’s leadership has evolved into that of an MVP in every way.

”He spent the last 24 hours building everyone back up,” one source said, and it played out perfectly on the floor. Pau Gasol(notes) danced with a near triple-double, and Ron Artest(notes) played forcefully on the offense and defensive ends. When they needed him most, Kobe delivered these Lakers vintage Kobe. He had 26 points, 11 rebounds and four steals. Everywhere you looked on the floor, Bryant could be found in the fray.

Everyone expected him to come out and try to beat the Celtics himself, and it wouldn’t be long until Bryant had gotten his teammates going. It wouldn’t be long until they had turned those Game 4 and 5 losses into fuel for a ferocious Game 6 return to Staples Center, until Game 6 had blurred into Game 7 for the Lakers.

And when it was over, Bryant stayed on message for teammates. When pushed to expound on a supposed gratitude for the chance to be part of a Game 7, he wouldn’t dare let himself – nor these Lakers – get off that easy. ”The opportunity is not something that makes me happy,” he countered. ”It’s winning and taking advantage of the opportunity that makes me happy. That buzzer goes off and we’re not victorious? Am I thankful for the opportunity?

”Nope.”

These Lakers have arrived where everyone expected them this season, within a victory of a championship celebration at the Staples Center. They’ve been the best team this season, and they still have the two best players in this series.

Yet, the Celtics have such a toughness, such a fortitude born out of their Big Three and Rajon Rondo(notes). Doc Rivers is an elite NBA coach, a magnificent leader of men and they can win one game without Perkins. Forty-one years ago, the Celtics beat the Lakers in a Game 7 at the Great Western Forum.

All they talked about that night were owner Jack Kent Cooke’s balloons awaiting to drop from the rafters. For those Celtics, it was the end of the run. Bill Russell was the player coach, and that would be his 11th title in 13 seasons.

This time, it feels like that for Boston. This is the last run for a core so advanced in age, and Garnett and Pierce and Allen will bring hell’s fury to make one final stand in Game 7.

”It’s Lakers-Celtics, the biggest rivalry in NBA basketball – seven games,” Rajon Rondo marveled.

”That’s where we’re supposed to be,” Ray Allen(notes) said.

Seven games, seventh heaven for these Celtics and Lakers, and it feels like this series started all the way back with Jerry West and Bill Russell, with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Robert Parish. It just feels like Kobe and K.G. picked this up two years ago, and kept going with it. Something tells you that the best of these Finals, that the epic, is still waiting to unfold on Thursday night.

Here comes a forever night in the NBA, a forever fight to the finish, a Celtics-Lakers death-grip still unsettled. All those years, all that history, and it comes flooding into the surround sound of Staples Center for Game 7. This pedestrian series can still turn into something unforgettable. As much as anything, these Celtics and Lakers are right where they’re supposed to be, right where these two franchise always were: Chasing a championship banner all the way to the end, all the way to the last breath of a basketball season.

Game 7 historical primer
The NBA Finals has reached a seventh game 16 times with the Celtics beating the Lakers four times. (Game 7 home team in bold)
Season---------Winner--------------Loser-------------Score
2004-05-----San Antonio Spurs-----Detroit Pistons--------81-74
1993-94-----Houston Rockets-------New York Knicks ------90-84
1987-88-----Los Angeles Lakers-----Detroit Pistons--------108-105
1983-84-----Boston Celtics----------Los Angeles Lakers----111-102
1977-78-----Washington Bullets-----Seattle SuperSonics---105-99
1973-74-----Boston Celtics----------Milwaukee Bucks------102-87
1969-70-----New York Knicks --------Los Angeles Lakers----113-99
1968-69-----Boston Celtics----------Los Angeles Lakers----108-106
1965-66-----Boston Celtics----------Los Angeles Lakers----95-93
1961-62-----Boston Celtics----------Los Angeles Lakers----110-107 (OT)
1959-60-----Boston Celtics----------St. Louis Hawks -------122-103
1956-57-----Boston Celtics----------St. Louis Hawks -------125-123 (2OT)
1954-55-----Syracuse Nationals-----Fort Wayne Pistons----92-91
1953-54-----Minneapolis Lakers-----Syracuse Nationals-----87-80
1951-52-----Minneapolis Lakers-----New York Knicks--------82-65
1950-51-----Rochester Royals------New York Knicks--------79-75

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
fucking knew it was going to 7.

i got 3 hours of sleep...smoking a j in my bathroom b4 work...urrrggugughgeheuayayayyya

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Kendrick Perkins ruled out of game 7. fuck, he's been best at defending Pau.

time for one last great performance from sheed a la 2004 on shaq ;)

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
LOL Sheed is gonna need an oxygen mask after 8 minutes. :tongue:

Kobe+Pau+Fisher+Artest+Odom+hopefully Bynum... this is their time to shine and banish the pain of 2008! :star:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
i'll give you this..... this is KOBE's moment. I've always thought he was massively overrated. Perhaps cause I am old enough to remember Michael clearly (though I never really liked him at the time... cmon, you can't root for the favorite unless its your team). And cause his first 3 rings were clearly SHAQ's (where he was Scottie to Shaq's MJ). Hey though, he has all the opportunity to prove me wrong tomorrow....

If Kobe can rise, Finals Game 7 against a rival.

av1hs89

Passive Fanatic
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Nesta, Rino, Sheva, Kaka, SuperPippo, T. Silva, Cassano
^^^yup...always been an Bulls fan (first professional sporting event of my life) so when players get compared to MJ it seems to automatically create a negative judgement. Kobe is the epitome of that mindset for me, but he has been carrying the lakers this series and somewhat changed my view...not that I care who wins this series anyway jus looking for some quality entertainment

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
^^^yup...always been an Bulls fan (first professional sporting event of my life) so when players get compared to MJ it seems to automatically create a negative judgement. Kobe is the epitome of that mindset for me, but he has been carrying the lakers this series and somewhat changed my view...not that I care who wins this series anyway jus looking for some quality entertainment

Kind of a total myth. His shooting percentage has been awful. He's shot his team OUT OF THE GAME.

In there 3 wins,
Gasol 19-39 48.7 FG%, 17.7 ppg, 12.7 rpg, 5.3 apg
Kobe 29-70, 41.4 FG%

don't really care how man points he has..... 41.4 FG% is awful

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pierce will win this whole shit.

av1hs89

Passive Fanatic
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Nesta, Rino, Sheva, Kaka, SuperPippo, T. Silva, Cassano
Kind of a total myth. His shooting percentage has been awful. He's shot his team OUT OF THE GAME.

In there 3 wins,
Gasol 19-39 48.7 FG%, 17.7 ppg, 12.7 rpg, 5.3 apg
Kobe 29-70, 41.4 FG%

don't really care how man points he has..... 41.4 FG% is awful

true...what i really meant to say was this postseason, which was true until the finals where he's facing the top defense

akewander

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
really tight game didint think lakers could pull it off but im glad they did, ron artest main reason why i want lakers to win .:star:congrats lakers:star:

celtics fought hard respect