Week 22: Spezia - Milan 13/02/2021 20:45 CET

Shadow47

Young Assassin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Pippo, Nesta, Van Bommel, Huntelaar, Stephan, Pazzo, De Sciglio. Ribery
Attempts:
Milan: 0
Spezia: 14

Try to explain that. A lot of games are on Pioli. Next to that, we are playing like a serie b team for months now. Got dominated by sassuolo, benevento, spezia, Juventus, lazio and so on. The chemistry is done.

this is a literal definition of an overreaction, damn

"dominated for months", "chemistry is done" like other clubs are fools who don't study our tactics ever

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Gross game. We struggle when teams overrun the midfield. Bennacer and Calhanoglu were awful and Kessie was tired. Had one of our best 11's out there on paper but those 3 in particular got dominated and therefore the center of the pitch was owned by Spezia. The subs were hit and miss but mostly miss for me. Tomori for Kjaer makes sense to preserve Kjaer's back. But Meite blows and Mandzukic out wide is not going to change any games like that. Poor all around. When a team packs the midfield I would like to see us be able to change formations slightly if we're struggling.

The 4-2-3-1 definitely fits us the best, but would be nice to have at least 1 backup idea in place for situations like we just had v. Spezia.

-----------------Donnarumma--------------------
-------Tomori-------Kjaer--------Roma----------
Calabria-----Ben/Ton----Kessie----------Theo--
------------------Calhanoglu---------------------
---------Ibrahimovic-------Rebic/Leao-----------

or if we want to keep a 4 man back line can do:

-----------------Donnarumma--------------------
Calabria----Kjaer/Tom---Roma----------Theo--
---------------------Tonali------------------------
---------Bennacer----------Kessie---------------
------------------Calhanoglu---------------------
-------Ibrahimovic---------Rebic/Leao----------

Last edited:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Absolute shocker ... but I guess this is what happens when you're not completely focused on the game at hand with all the contract negotiations up in the air ...

Players asking for world class salaries after doing well second half of last term and first half of this term should be reminded when the season starts and finishes, and when it actually counts.

Also they should also count the number of years Milan had to put up with their mediocre performances ...

Yeah, for me, all credit to Spezia and the coach for the execution from 0 to 90 minutes of a perfect game plan. We had no answers cause we weren't mentally prepared for it.

Schedule