Europa League Round Of 16: Man United - Milan 11/03/2021 18:55 CET

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Having said all of that, since there wasn?t clear and obvious evidence (after using VAR) to overturn the initial call made on the pitch...the Kessie goal should have stood.

At least I didn?t see an angle that I could say yes it brushed against his arm. Not even a change in the direction of the ball or a movement of his arm caused by the ball.

No clear VAR evidence...the call on the pitch should stand every time.
Sure
if this referee and var guy is sent to Sinaloa to visit Samu?s boss I?m fine with var continuing

I doubt that happens though. Human error alone is annoying but maybe not as annoying as human error combine with replays and inconclusive angles, as well as adding even more error prone humans into the mix, while the match is paused etc etc etc

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Sure
if this referee and var guy is sent to Sinaloa to visit Samu?s boss I?m fine with var continuing

I doubt that happens though. Human error alone is annoying but maybe not as annoying as human error combine with replays and inconclusive angles, as well as adding even more error prone humans into the mix, while the match is paused etc etc etc

It does in the NFL. Call on the field stands unless it was a clear and obvious error caught by the replay/VAR.

Soccer doesn?t implement this because to allow corruption.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
dog.......isn't that what it's supposed to happen here????

var saw something the ref missed, that was plainly seen in the replay....so the ref's call is overturned.

***** WHERE IS THAT REPLAY?????????????????

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
this is why we need to end var and scalp refs

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why because the NFL get the calls right more often than not....definitely more than in soccer.
We need to be more like the NFL...right call no matter what, that is of the most importance for a ref and the game.

What? NFL gets shit wrong all the time. To be fair it is an extremely difficult sport to ref, much harder than football. But they literally change the rules and shit because of bad calls(see saints Rams) then never enforce that rule, then change it a year later because nobody wanted the rule change in the first place.

I do agree they should stick to the on field decision if there?s no clear and obvious error but the nfl refs are ass lol. Terrible in the super bowl this year too. And I?m leaving out lots of shit like what even is a catch and all that stuff

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
the And why should we be happy that so many penalties are being scored.. penalties are almost anti-football... more so than fouling and aggression

Milan is not good because of VAR, its because we are playing competitevely most of the time and we deserve what we work for.

:lol: Jesus Christ.

VAR has given milan what they deserve most of the time. Proper reward for their pressing and offensive football. Obviously no one becomes good because of var alone. :fp:

Are people seriously giving anti football and premature ejaculation as reason for scraping one of the best things that's happened to this sport ?

Var has made the game better even if we got shot tonight.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I dont like VAR, it feels as if I cant fully celebrate a goal unless its from a direct free kick or a long shot

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
What a scam disallowed goal. UEFA trying to keep United in to make more $$$$$$$ .

The united players didn’t even appeal. No way it’s a clear and obvious error. What a joke. We could’ve wrapped this game up tonight.

So seeeeeek :/

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I would never want to be a bad sport but old trafford stadium should suffer some damage from a tornado because of this

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Signatory.....the black Baresi is Theo Hernandez

The black beckenbauer is davide Calabria

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Calabria is black beckenbauer, Theo is black maldini:fp: and Kalulu black baresi don't do this

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The ref denying the valid goal alone was not convincing enough so they brought in VAR to make his decision more convincing. Turned out the camera angles were fucking shady and did not aid in making the final call. VAR gotta show the angle that is being used to make the final call on the big screen as a confirmation. Fucking lame ass VAR team and the ref were trying to look legit and ended up shooting themselves in the foot with technology.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rafael Lmeao is the white 39 year old beppe Signori

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
VAR and no fans is the worst

I want to see some pressure and people going on guilt trips... they shouldnt allow var while there are no fans

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
Any updates on the rebic, hakan, mandzukic, Theo injury situations? We look light up front today and scoring in open play has been a problem in recent weeks

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This felt like a mix of the first Crvena game and the Juve game in January, with an ending like the Lazio game in December.

Two goals ruled out in the first half-hour.
One was a clear offside, the other was a "handball" that wasn't a clear handball based on any of the replays and camera angles provided. The Theo goal against Crvena and the Kessie goal against Manure should've stood.

The team played well collectively on and off ball with a decimated team, against a supposedly strong team, just like in the Juve game. But, again, the lack of players with end product hampered us.
Rebic was the player we missed the most against Juve, and in this game as well. Ibra has end product, but we aren't this fluid, mobile and pragmatic with him. I hope he doesn't appear in the return leg either, other than as a sub if we're chasing goals.

Need at least 300 words by Goodfella to explain why he likes Leao as a forward...

lol, have you mixed me up with VultureMovi?
I would've benched Leao for Rebic if both were available.

However I'm glad Ibra missed this game. We would've seen a lot of long balls to him, which Maguire's slabhead would reach first, less mobility, higher line, more counters for Manure.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
*with a healthy Calha or Rebic.

Today's game and the one against Verona crystallized for me what a lot of us on here have been discussing: play the healthy players rather than the half-healthy ones who sparked our late summer-December run. Fielding players with knocks and pulls in a desperate attempt to recreate some of the magic doesn't work for us. We have a system, philosophy, the chemistry...we just need legs and commitment, not players who are afraid to reinjure themselves or who can't run for two-thirds of the game.

Yup.
A fit backup is better than an unfit, rusty starter.
Also, balance is important. We can't have Ibra + Leao LW + Theo, especially when some of the players that are supposed to compensate for them are in a passenger state themselves - Hakan and Bennacer against Spezia.

Those are the lessons we should take from the past games.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Rafael Lmeao is the white 39 year old beppe Signori

large_289106210.png

I mean does fecking Signori belong to of sort list that Lmeao is named on?

Telling you dear congo...

arQM6Dog_700w_0.jpg

(2 memes in 1 post... thats how pissed off I am at all this)

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Yup.
A fit backup is better than an unfit, rusty starter.
Also, balance is important. We can't have Ibra + Leao LW + Theo, especially when some of the players that are supposed to compensate for them are in a passenger state themselves - Hakan and Bennacer against Spezia.

Those are the lessons we should take from the past games.

and its not like the difference between the starters and the reserves is THAT big. I mean, against a team like Man U, we would look much better with a fit Krunic than an unfit Hakan.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
lol, have you mixed me up with VultureMovi?
I would've benched Leao for Rebic if both were available.

However I'm glad Ibra missed this game. We would've seen a lot of long balls to him, which Maguire's slabhead would reach first, less mobility, higher line, more counters for Manure.

I'm sure I read you liked Leao as a forward, prob a few months back. Even VS has given up on Leao now as FWD :)

That was a seriously impressive away performance last night. 100% on the mobility being a key attribute without long balling up to Ibra. Milan just lacking that lethal numero 9 up top.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
:lol: Jesus Christ.

VAR has given milan what they deserve most of the time. Proper reward for their pressing and offensive football. Obviously no one becomes good because of var alone. :fp:

Are people seriously giving anti football and premature ejaculation as reason for scraping one of the best things that's happened to this sport ?

Var has made the game better even if we got shot tonight.

What is serious funny is this is the hill you are dying on after predicting we were going to get killed :lol::lol::lol::lol:

How about a dose of crow and actually commenting on how the team played :o

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
What is serious funny is this is the hill you are dying on after predicting we were going to get killed :lol::lol::lol::lol:

How about a dose of crow and actually commenting on how the team played :o

I predicted we would die at the time of the draw and before the Hellas game when we were persisting with tactics that weren't working. The really timid and fatigued high press. And with what united did to city it's exactly what would have happened to us.

After the Hellas game (where we finally got a plan B) and before the game started :

Tactical quagmire this one. The high pressing of Leipzig was successful vs United a couple of months ago but city were cut to ribbons yesterday. Currently we don't have an intense enough high press. Would need some variant of Hellas strategy.

No pressing up high. Pack the mid and defense. Hold the shape at all costs. Play counter.

Can't afford defensive passengers in any area of the pitch. Preference for players like rebic , mandzukic, dalot or even castellejo.

----rebic/zukic-----
Rebic/cast---kruns---saele
------kessie----meite----
Dalot----kjaer---tomori---calabs

Doesn't look pretty but might be the only thing that works.

So I'm good thanks.

And again well done to the team.

Last edited:

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We did a variant of the high press yesterday. It was safer and less all out than we might see with a fully fit squad, but both Meite and Kessie were venturing quite high and winning the ball in good areas.

When one would go the other would drop in on Bruno, and if both were high Tomori stepped out to mark him on a few occasions. Their pivot midfielders are all slow and average on the ball, Pioli knew we could press them as long as Bruno was watched. And except for his fantastic assist, he was invisible before his sub.

As long as we have the midfielders we do with Pioli as a coach, Milan will look for some version of a high press. Difference in the last couple games we had an extra midfielder on the field rather than another forward. Press is still there it just works better. We’ve lost some creativity and invention in the final third but made up for it by being more physical. Eventually/hopefully our team will be healthy and we can go back to crushing teams but until then this approach is the way forward.

Schedule