Official: Oluwafikayomi Oluwadamilola Tomori Thread

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
big mistake if they're letting him go. we won't survive with aging kjaer + roma/kalulu next season

There are other cb?s in football

I was stating if we could utilize Kalulu as that CB and then improve other areas or as Nalim says possibly another cheaper CB. In my view both players seem very similar in both strengths and weaknesses with Kalulu more comfortable on the ball and Tomori more physical and aggressive versus the opponent.

I obviously prefer he stays but as Goodfella states that is a big pricetag and we dont always commit when the asking price is significant.

JacksonReality

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
He seems to have a mistake in him almost every game. He made one in the Napoli game when he took his eyes off the ball (and he does this whenever backtracking) hence losing both the man and the ball. Removing your eyes from the ball halfway in the air to start chasing your man is a no-no.

If he sorts out his weaknesses he could be a really good defender

He's a really mediocre defender who never impressed anywhere and only found some playing time at Chelsea while they were banned for transfer.

But he adds much needed speed to our lethargic back line so people think he's good. Just like when Paqueta brought some flair to our midfield or Castillejo when he outran Suso :lol:

Now watch Maldini dump our entire summer budget on him then surprised pikachu face when we fail every objectives next season :lol:

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
may stay or go
good thing is he shows how much our main defenders lack pace
since he arrived i would say he focusing more on staying in 1 line with defenders and trying be more aware what happening around him

and reality is he played like 6 games for us with calab, kalulu, dalot, theo, romag, kjaer and gabbia, right??
what a f... mess, 0 stability.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
Now watch Maldini dump our entire summer budget on him then surprised pikachu face when we fail every objectives next season :lol:

if our entire summer is 25 million then Maldini surely isn't to be blamed for failing every objective

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Do you think Kalulu could be converted into what we want Tomori to be and thus we save that money or do you think management now only see Kalulu as a RB and will look for another CB if they don't acquire Tomori?

I see Kalulu as a RB in a back-4 or a RCB-RB hybrid in a back-3 for us in the foreseeable future.
I think he's too small, too clean and too naive for a CB duo system at this moment and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Maybe in a few years when he has grown a few centimeters and added cynicism and dirty tricks to his game.
To me Tomori and Kalulu aren't alternatives.
It's Tomori, or a new signing.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I see Kalulu as a RB in a back-4 or a RCB-RB hybrid in a back-3 for us in the foreseeable future.
I think he's too small, too clean and too naive for a CB duo system at this moment and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Maybe in a few years when he has grown a few centimeters and added cynicism and dirty tricks to his game.
To me Tomori and Kalulu aren't alternatives.
It's Tomori, or a new signing.

:thumbsup:

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
He's a really mediocre defender who never impressed anywhere and only found some playing time at Chelsea while they were banned for transfer.

But he adds much needed speed to our lethargic back line so people think he's good. Just like when Paqueta brought some flair to our midfield or Castillejo when he outran Suso :lol:

I'm fine with this tbh. Kept Vlahovic in his pocket.

tonyb

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Zlatan, Zola
Granted, he has real ability with some hard to find qualities but his positioning needs to improve. A few times his awareness has been lacking. But that's the beauty of a partnership. Kjaer gives what he cant.

If our budget is low in the summer, perhaps he's not the most necessary signing. We need new options in attack. Perhaps Tomori, Otavio, Thauvin and Belotti is possible. If not we'd have to go back to Simakan.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Obviously you buy him regardless, will 3x your money when the english teams come knocking.

So don't get attatched

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Granted, he has real ability with some hard to find qualities but his positioning needs to improve. A few times his awareness has been lacking. But that's the beauty of a partnership. Kjaer gives what he cant.

If our budget is low in the summer, perhaps he's not the most necessary signing. We need new options in attack. Perhaps Tomori, Otavio, Thauvin and Belotti is possible. If not we'd have to go back to Simakan.

Simakan is off to Leipzig, everything is done already

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,
Said it before and I'll say it again he has been doing this for years even when he was on loan at the smaller clubs in england. The recovery speed is unmatched and his game reading will improve in italy. A natural talent who even after mistakes doesn't shut off.

Shadow47

Young Assassin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Pippo, Nesta, Van Bommel, Huntelaar, Stephan, Pazzo, De Sciglio. Ribery
Simon suddenly starts to score and assist after partnering with him couldn't be coincidental

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
ExCEgWBWgAwabSv

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How do I save it as a picture so I can steal it to send it my friends?&#55357;&#56834;

voom

Banned
Reaction score
We didn't have fast centerback since Thiago Silva.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
what a gem, certainly he wouldn't go back to England after having a taste of Italy

back to shitty weather bland food and buck-toothed women

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Seems to be a confidence player.
A lot of posters have criticized his positioning for a while, but to me it looked like calculated risks. He has recovery pace and he took advantage of it. He's been mostly great while the ball was on the ground.

But what can't be overlooked is his difficulties in dealing with aerial balls, not so much the jumping ability as the part that involves predicting the trajectory of the ball. Also how he seemingly collapsed mentally against Lazio after the shock start, and it just got worse in the 2nd half after the 2-0. It was sad to see to a point where I actually felt sorry for him.

28m looks like way too much for him.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Seems to be a confidence player.
A lot of posters have criticized his positioning for a while, but to me it looked like calculated risks. He has recovery pace and he took advantage of it. He's been mostly great while the ball was on the ground.

But what can't be overlooked is his difficulties in dealing with aerial balls, not so much the jumping ability as the part that involves predicting the trajectory of the ball. Also how he seemingly collapsed mentally against Lazio after the shock start, and it just got worse in the 2nd half after the 2-0. It was sad to see to a point where I actually felt sorry for him.

28m looks like way too much for him.

I don't think we'll find better options. Better 28m on him than 20m on a total gamble. At least here the ceiling is clearly high

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Chelsea should be in no position to ask for 28m. He hasn’t shown any consistency at any point in his career.
I hope Maldini demands a significant discount. Or simply extends his loan. I doubt any other club would even consider him for 28m, but if one club did then be my guest.

Schedule