Europa League Round Of 16: Milan - Man United 18/03/2021 21:00 CET

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@kujalx Has our home record been bad in Europe too or it was only in Serie A? I am wondering if it was only in Italy, then probably it was due to us struggling against teams parking the bus when coming to San Siro. ManU will not do that.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

We tend to draw, not lose against minnows that park the bus.

We've lost a lot of big games at San Siro because opponents took fewer risks and waited patiently for Theo and Romagnoli to gift them a goal.
It's not exclusive to Serie A. Lille did it too.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
When was the last time we played a second European leg that was this exciting?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Probable lineup vs. Man United according to Sky:

Donnarumma; Dalot, Kjaer, Tomori, Theo Hernandez; Meit?, Kessie; Saelemaekers, Calhanoglu, Krunic; Rebic/Ibrahimovic

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Can't wait for this one, I wish we went into this on a W as United are going, but hopefully that L lights a fighter under their asses and win the god damn thing.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan-formazioni-Gazzetta-750x536.jpg

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Really excited, another tough match but I know we can win if we play like last time. Just have to take our chances better though... we were the better team. Both teams still have players injured, and we have an away goal advantage. Getting one early will do us wonders.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Really split on whether I'd like Ibra to start and Rebic to be the sub or the other way around.

I think starting Ibra and potentially taking the lead is the best option. Rebic in to feast on tired Manure legs in the second half.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
DiMarzio.com:

Milan (4-2-3-1): Donnarumma, Dalot, Kjaer, Tomori, Hernandez, Kessie', Meite', Saelemakers, Calhanoglu, Krunic, Rebic

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
very good rebic starting

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
DiMarzio.com:

Milan (4-2-3-1): Donnarumma, Dalot, Kjaer, Tomori, Hernandez, Kessie', Meite', Saelemakers, Calhanoglu, Krunic, Rebic

Hakan needs to sort out his passing and touch asap, because right now he has nothing over Diaz and Krunic.
He's been a passenger defensively since COVID. That golden Zielinski chance in the first half, when Tonali & Kessie got caught out of position, started with Hakan not tracking back.
Diaz and Krunic play with much more intensity at the moment, they stick closer to the midfield duo and they've been better at bringing the ball into the final third. Diaz' dribbling was sorely missed in the first hour of the Napoli game.

I'd start Diaz, it's a safer bet all things considered. But hopefully this is the game where Hakan rediscovers his distribution skills.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
lets fucking go gentlemen. Lets crush these mancs

Sorry quaas and vb

milanazkals

Basketball player
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Van Bommel, Donnarumma, Alaba, Grealish
Kessie - Meite as double pivot and no Theo-Dalot FB combo and we gonna win this. Plain and simple.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Official: Rebic, Leao, Romagnoli, and Calabria out of the squad.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Big match tonight, but I trust in our boys to give an honourable performance.

I just hope Rebic plays his ass off today after that stupid episode last match.

I also don't like the Krunic Hakan mix they're too similar in their purpose and neither is particularly good on the sides.

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Apparently this was the lineup tested in todays training, Samu false 9

Gigio; Kalulu, Kjaer, Tomori, Theo; Meite, Kessie; Saele, Calha, Krunic; Castillejo

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gigio; Kalulu, Kjaer, Tomori, Theo; Meite, Kessie; Saele, Calha, Krunic; Castillejo
@MilanNewsit

Oh well.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Why is Rebic out?

Probably still hasn’t recovered fully from the hip issue. I am
assuming he could have played on Sunday, but Thur comes too soon. Not that it matters.

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
I honestly struggle to see us scoring. We have been woeful in open play recently and often make hard labour to make any sort of delivery to our forward line. Taking too many touches to set up crosses or turn around to face the opponents goal... whoever plays the no10 role is ultimately crucial... need slicker creativity rather than taking a dozen passes to get into a hopeful crossing position
With them trailing in away goals from the start, I see United pressing from minute 1 and likely scoring first. I hope I’m wrong.

I don’t like the “false 9” idea... the speed of leao might be our best bet for counter attacks which I foresee will be our main outlet the the early phase of the game.

Last edited:

taura

Attaccareeee
Reaction score
Big match tonight, but I trust in our boys to give an honourable performance.

I just hope Rebic plays his ass off today after that stupid episode last match.

I also don't like the Krunic Hakan mix they're too similar in their purpose and neither is particularly good on the sides.

My guy Rebic will be in the stands :lol: but honestly id make him play this game regardless his fitness, he's suspended for Viola game, then there's NT break and then he's suspended for another game..so he sits out the next 3-4 weeks anyways :lol:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Probably still hasn?t recovered fully from the hip issue. I am
assuming he could have played on Sunday, but Thur comes too soon. Not that it matters.

Suspended for one tournament and injured for the other. :thumbsup:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Didn't Samu play false 9 before a couple years ago against Sassuolo? That was in a 433 though but he wasn't actually bad at all and scored. Anyway can't expect much from him since he never tries to take on his man on the wing let alone now in the middle.

Ibra not starting suggest he isn't fit enough to, and no point rushing him back. If Krunic and co. looked good last time out, what's to say we can't do the same like this? Maybe a lucky early Kessie goal again not ruled out can be nice :D

Schedule