Week 19: Milan - Atalanta 23/01/2021 18:00 CET

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
I will now play the “would you have taken” game.

If someone said in September, Milan will be first after 19 largely incredible rounds, but Atalanta will still beat them, would you have taken it?

There is only one right answer here.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
The referee today was shocking. Lost control of the game within the first half hour.

Honestly, I fear that we'll have a lot of calls against us from now on due to the amount of penalties we get. Almost like we'll have to pay a price for being so cynical in the box.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Pioli idiot

Worst performance of the season

Meite can't do enough and its forcing everyone else to push up more and exposing the defense, especially Kessie

Diaz needs to come on badly

Pioli adventure in worst game possible, we have 0 chances in the first half, i dont know if he thought staking the midfielders with runners would be a good idea against atlanta.

Anyway im happy for tonali, lost the ball just 10 times that is a progress in my view

Fuck tonali and fuck everybody who think he is good.

the nominees

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
Would love to have him in our side. Even if he turned out shit at least he wouldn't be producing out of this world like performances against us

I saw pioli whispering for a few seconds to illicic at the end of the game.

?Hey son, play shit at the last 6 games of the season so I can tell my board to plop small money for you?

He does look a player in the same mould of ibra in the style of big Center forward but of course without ibra?s aura and magic and the morale it brings.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
I will now play the ?would you have taken? game.

If someone said in September, Milan will be first after 19 largely incredible rounds, but Atalanta will still beat them, would you have taken it?

They'll still get it wrong.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This was a repeat of the Lille home game.

A completely lost Krunic against Lille.
A completely lost Meite against Atalanta.
Very bad half from Kessie-Tonali in both games.

We're a first half team, but both times we were down 1-0 against the wrong type of team, which turned the 2nd half into an enormous uphill battle that proved to be too much even with better personnel.

Bennacer is really really important for our midfield in these big games. Kessie can?t do it alone. Tonali did better as the game wore on, but he?s always a step too late when marking players. Does well when we?re running back since he?s surprisingly fast, but he?s always a step late in marking players that drift into his zone

We obviously also missed Hakan.

Last edited:

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
if pioli wants to play with 2 strikers he should use proper formation or proper players.

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We will never beat atalanta with this kind of style, plan b is needed. Maybe we should try 433, their double winger play killing us, its kind a pioli fault tho, he need to choose between ibra or mandz, playing both not helping, instead he should play both leao and rebic in the wings to chase the game...oh well we cant win every game, must learn.

Maldini

Gattuso?s 433 has had some success for us before but pioli?s dbbl pivot seems to suit us more

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Not only Pioli messed up line-up, but also got tactics wrong
Illicic was free whole match and Calabria was leaving too much space behind

Arent you the one who said we had 1000 chances in the first half ?

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
When Atalanta are at their best they're such a suffocating side and they leave very little room for the opponent to perform. Makes you look shit

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Shouldnt Dru get the award for buying makeup instead of watching the game?

She was like "oh we'll be back before the kickoff"
We're still not home yet :proud:

You think Milan got fucked? Try my credit card :fp:

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bennacer is really really important for our midfield in these big games. Kessie can?t do it alone. Tonali did better as the game wore on, but he?s always a step too late when marking players. Does well when we?re running back since he?s surprisingly fast, but he?s always a step late in marking players that drift into his zone

Tonali is poor in close pressing and poor in tackling. Players spin away from him and either run free or get tripped over.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
This was a repeat of the Lille home game.

A completely lost Krunic against Lille.
A completely lost Meite against Atalanta.
Very bad half from Kessie-Tonali in both games.

We're a first half team, but both times we were down 1-0 against the wrong type of team, which turned the 2nd half into an enormous uphill battle that proved to be too much even with better personnel.

Attitude seemed wrong against Lille
- Tactics seemed wrong today

Longball to Ibra when Leao isnt seasoned enough and Samu parked on the side so nobody to get knockdowns.
Leao ran at them but then we couldnt get him the ball again after the opening passage of play. Also Kalulu was pressing players nearly in their box and that opened us quite a few times.

Couple that with Ibra and Theo being off and as you said Meite not giving anything - really hard to get going.

Rebic was very rusty as well but to be expected

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I will now play the ?would you have taken? game.

Some will only accept Milan being first with 19 wins and sending Tonali back to Brescia as an answer I'm afraid. Even after lockdown, I'd think by halfway we'd be fighting for top 4 alongside Juventus, Napoli, Roma, Atalanta with Inter pulling ahead of the pack. Lazio I figured would fall off like they have.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Arent you the one who said we had 1000 chances in the first half ?

Don't put words in my mouth.
You said we had 0 chances in the first half. I assumed you are a liar or didn't watch the game, so I asked if you watched it.

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
the nominees

You guys are idiots, really i mean i never seens more stupid creatures in real life or even the internet. Even the lebanease farmer.

We just lost 3 - 0 and you still think critizing the team is losers mentality. What a faggots.

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
Milan played this game as if they had just finished another 90 minute match to prior to this; slow and unfocused.

Pioli's game is all about high pressing, with players like Sale, Hakan and Rebic harassing the opponent into making mistakes.

This is basically what Atalanta did to us today. We just got beaten at our own game.

Everyone was everywhere and nowhere. It was like watching 11 players trying to win this game by himself. Kessie went back to his pre-Pioli self by getting involved in every attack.
Theo looked like he was still at home with Covid. Kalulu showed that CB is probably not his thing.
Just overall a fuck up on all fronts.

Fuck Atalanta and fuck this game.

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Some will only accept Milan being first with 19 wins and sending Tonali back to Brescia as an answer I'm afraid. Even after lockdown, I'd think by halfway we'd be fighting for top 4 alongside Juventus, Napoli, Roma, Atalanta with Inter pulling ahead of the pack. Lazio I figured would fall off like they have.

I expect Napoli to pick up and Roma to slip up...

I predict a top 2 of Inter, juve... then Milan, Napoli and Atalanta to tussle for the other 2 cl spots. I don?t see Roma in the mix for too long.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
There is no need to overanalyze the game amigos. You have a brain and you see exactly what happend and that there is nothing to worry about.

What happend is that yes, we played bad, but not as bad as people make it out to be. It was just, yes just, one of thosd game where nothing went our way. We've had plenty of clean cut chances to score as many goals as they did. The difference was they managed to score their goals. Referee was a piece of shit and allowed Atalanta to play as brutal as they did with no concequenses while we couldn't play not even a little physical without the eeferee whistling for a foul. That's a huge difference maker and thats why the ball seemed to always end up in their possession.

Just one of those games. Everyone has them. We will come back and seek for blood upcoming games.

Forza Milan!!!

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Why is everyone critical of the ref?? I thought the ref wasn’t a huge factor or controversial

hakim

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Wish we had Ilicic instead of that fucking useless Samu

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Why is everyone critical of the ref?? I thought the ref wasn?t a huge factor or controversial

That cunt let atalanta players getting away with murder and whistling everytime ilicic get touched :fp:

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Shouldnt Dru get the award for buying makeup instead of watching the game?

thats a good fucking suggestion mate... dru your defence?

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
Meite behind Ibra has been an horrific choice, straight from the banter era. Pioli tried to show off how good he is, but he got destroyed once again by Gasperini.

We were maybe 3 guys in this forum who were saying Tonali is nothing special, this fella's defensive/attacking skills are just not good enough for a competitive calshio squad, and he lacks also in passing accuracy. On his side he's only 20, but I can't imagine him being able to increase in few years all this qualities. Hope I'm wrong.

Another thing, we miss badly Alexis. Samu doesn't have the grinta we need in this matches.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You guys are idiots, really i mean i never seens more stupid creatures in real life or even the internet. Even the lebanease farmer.

We just lost 3 - 0 and you still think critizing the team is losers mentality. What a faggots.

you are just a waste of air son, take a walk

Schedule