The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Players & Staff

AC Milan Players & Staff Share your views on the current AC Milan players & staff, from the seniors to the Primavera and even lower.

Old 27-01-2021, 08:29   #41
milanator
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youth View Post
Let this player time. It must be so hard to play in a team without preparation.
Agreed, but there is no special preperation you need to move your ass and do some sprints. He?s jogging around, I wonder if he even has to shower.

Passing, positioning and stuff like that are linked to preperation, but work rate not or only to a small degree.
milanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2021, 11:33   #42
Youth
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanator View Post
Agreed, but there is no special preperation you need to move your ass and do some sprints. He?s jogging around, I wonder if he even has to shower.

Passing, positioning and stuff like that are linked to preperation, but work rate not or only to a small degree.
How many full days of training he got before he started his debut?

Be realistic. He came from smaller club in the middle of a season.

From Inter game, he looks promising. He lacks of confidence to play his own football.

I am confident that Meite could be significantly better than Krunic and a good alternative in midfield to to his strength and defensive ability. What he needs IMO is only time (game).

A lot of players struggle to give their best in their first matches with their new club. Just look at to our starters. From Kessie, Bennacer and the lattest is Tonali.

The key is patient. I know that in winter mercato you don't have many options for players to buy but I trust our tripple M: Maldini, Moncanda and Massara.

Signature

Endless Continuous Quality Improvement
Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2021, 11:45   #43
milanator
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youth View Post
How many full days of training he got before he started his debut?

Be realistic. He came from smaller club in the middle of a season.

From Inter game, he looks promising. He lacks of confidence to play his own football.

I am confident that Meite could be significantly better than Krunic and a good alternative in midfield to to his strength and defensive ability. What he needs IMO is only time (game).

A lot of players struggle to give their best in their first matches with their new club. Just look at to our starters. From Kessie, Bennacer and the lattest is Tonali.

The key is patient. I know that in winter mercato you don't have many options for players to buy but I trust our tripple M: Maldini, Moncanda and Massara.
I?m not against the transfer, it?s worth a try and we got him on loan so no issues.
I also think that he can be better than Krunic as a DM, that doesn?t mean he is good enough though.

I expect him to get better, question is if he can improve enough. Also you can improve in every aspect and also every aspect can suffer from being new at a club. However not all aspects are influenced by that to the same degree, positioning, passing will get better and he is also not bad at that per se. He also cut the clowning a bit, got a professiobal way of keeping his hair duribg the match, that shows me that he is serious and people are working with him tryibg to get him there.

Will he turn from a passenger to a work horse work rate wise? Now that?s extremely doubtful in my mind, but it is a transition you have to ask from him to be worthy of staying. It?s not like he is Pirlo talent wise.

Last edited by milanator; 27-01-2021 at 11:47.
Old 27-01-2021, 13:34   #44
Youth
World Cup Winner

Clearly he has no talent like Pirlo but IMO he could be useful for us.

Signature

Old 07-02-2021, 17:44   #45
milanator
AC Milan Legend

Slightly positive trend but really difficult to get into this type of player. He plays passanger stile like a veteran striker only that he is a dm. I‘ve never seen something like that.
Old 08-02-2021, 01:53   #46
Youth
World Cup Winner

He is still adapting to the team. I suppose he will play better in the next games.

Signature

Old 08-02-2021, 05:07   #47
Milan10
AC Milan Icon

He was arguably MOTM today, remember he isn’t quite at full fitness yet and he has to learn this system.

Today was a great step forward.
Milan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 05:14   #48
melanman
The Oracle

Passing range is excellent. Tackling could improve.
melanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 06:54   #49
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:
Originally Posted by VultureSheva View Post
Ask him to take long balls every game and I’m fine with that.

much calmer and more tactically aware in this position
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 08:51   #50
ChinaMilan
National Team Player

Finally we have 3rd DM, someone you can trust in case of bennacer and kessie absent.

Good job paolo in this one.
ChinaMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 10:44   #51
milanator
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinaMilan View Post
Finally we have 3rd DM, someone you can trust in case of bennacer and kessie absent.

Kessie did half of his work too, so not sure about that.
Old 08-02-2021, 11:22   #52
Pingu
Revolution

Good passing but was given a lot of room, need to see how he fares under pressure versus better teams if he can also do that.
Pingu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 14:26   #53
Ronin
Milansochist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

I have a good feeling about him
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 09:19   #54
Savo
Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey

Fav. Players: Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinaMilan View Post

Not so sure we can say this yet. He's been bad every game besides this last one against Crotone... and Kessie was beasting the entire game and covering for him. He needs some time so I'll reserve full judgement, but so far signs don't look like he's gonna be a good player. If he can at least be reliable and better than Krunic I'm fine with it for the season, then we can actually get a good player in the summer. Best attribute I've seen so far is some of his long passing looked solid.

Signature
My favorite goal (the 2nd one) - Kaka
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiMVT...eature=related

Maldini... true legend... the best
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8rqnwVBVQE

Last edited by Savo; 09-02-2021 at 09:24.
Savo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 11:11   #55
Sheva0172
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savo View Post
Not so sure we can say this yet. He's been bad every game besides this last one against Crotone... and Kessie was beasting the entire game and covering for him. He needs some time so I'll reserve full judgement, but so far signs don't look like he's gonna be a good player. If he can at least be reliable and better than Krunic I'm fine with it for the season, then we can actually get a good player in the summer. Best attribute I've seen so far is some of his long passing looked solid.
Thank you. I was surprised on how positive a lot of people were after his performance against the worst team in the league. In many aspects of his game he's average at best.

Krunic though, i doubt he's even Serie A material. So he feels like a small upgrade on him.

Signature
San Paolo
Sheva0172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 15:07   #56
Birsaforever
Please GTFU or STFO.

Good skills but bad performances in his first games, maybe he's going to pull a Bakayoko.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by beegees View Post
^ dude you literally will forever using that username ?
Calabria is a region in Southern Italy
Birsaforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2021, 23:47   #57
milanator
AC Milan Legend

Liked him in todays set up, especially after Tonali came in and added aggressiveness to the mid. Still a bit passive though. Equalizer ruined his performance in the end
Old 18-02-2021, 23:57   #58
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Looks like the same player I saw in those few Torino games I watched. Hoped our double pivot system would force a change.

Aerially dominant and good with the ball at his feet, but needs to do everything in slow-motion. Lacks an engine.
Him and an unfit Bennacer were a horrible combo because they can't cover enough ground. Tonali compensated for him, but he shouldn't need to do that.

Signature
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2021, 00:12   #59
Sheva0172
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta

Imo he’s everywhere but nowhere at the same time. He’s hiding when we’re building up and he’s too far out, and to slow when we lose posession and he needs to press. He’s at the level of Torino, Genoa etc and thats not his fault.

Signature
San Paolo
Sheva0172 is offline   Reply With Quote