Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
he would be good in a 3 man midfield

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
Now i like Mauri...

But who was the one saying Mauri had more talent than Niang? Notice the difference between when Mauri was on the field and when Niang got into the game. We almost doubled our lead.

Shame he couldnt be loaned out.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
J. Mauri doesn't count towards our 25 man, so if we loan him out we can't bring someone else. I expect that before the end of the transfer market, either him or Nocerino will be loaned out but I believe that the club is hoping that Nocerino will leave.
Also if De Jong leaves, he's the closest to an anchor that we have if Montolivo gets injured or disqualified...

Long story short, he depends on whether we get rid of De Jong and Nocerino and what other midfielders we get in their place.

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lets not exaggerate...

Had a good game, kid has brains but his passing was lacking just a bit.

No way. Played smartly and passed forward, loved it. Gave it away a few times but we were doing that all game. I haven't been that impressed with a random in a long time.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Mauri at least got into the box and showed something, he should start instead of poli

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
he had a good outing I thought. Thing is he tries some risky passes at the wrong times and some of them will be decisive.. I can see that as being the main reason why they haven't played him yet. his first pass today was hilariously atrocious but he grew as the game went on. He should be used more.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
he had a good outing I thought. Thing is he tries some risky passes at the wrong times and some of them will be decisive.. I can see that as being the main reason why they haven't played him yet. his first pass today was hilariously atrocious but he grew as the game went on. He should be used more.

His best pass was the one towards Antonelli but Balo got on the way.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I think only by playing he will improve his decision making. He attacked the spaces, no other attacker did that, and by doing so he created the most dangerous goal scoring opportunities in the 2nd half. I prefer him over Berto any day tbh.

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
If Broccli is going to take risks like starting Boateng and Balotelli, surely nothing wrong with starting Mauri for the REST of the season. We can really see what he has got and I think he should be automatic starter with Kucka in midfield. No Bertolacci, no Poli.

Last edited:

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Take a risk and give him playing time over Berto.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Deserves more minutes yes

But let's not exaggerate

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
only midfielder that should be starting every game is Kuco. Other then that everyone else can sit on the bench.

I would start Mauri and Locatelli with Kuco in the midfield next game.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
only midfielder that should be starting every game is Kuco. Other then that everyone else can sit on the bench.

I would start Mauri and Locatelli with Kuco in the midfield next game.

:thumbsup:

if we are under new ownership, Kucka's position could use an upgrade as well.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think he had a great outing but not perfect. He was someone Verrati-like with quick passes however I did not like that after Menez entered the game Mauri was playing almost like a CF (Fellaini-like).

I think Mauri can play as RM but no as anchor/regista.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's best as a box-to box. I don't know why people wanted him to play anchor.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Better than Poli and Bertolacci, deserve to play from the start next game.

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Look at how he positioned himself inside the box. He is a predator as no one marking him.

Good stuff from him today.

Schedule