Roberto Baggio Thread

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
this thread is not here mainly for discussions... but rather a celebration of one of the greatest Italian players ever with his fans...

if you are not interested in contributin' to this thread with somethin' useful... please refrain from pollutin' this thread along with that bull-shittin' trollop...

thanks in advance...
I have nothing against baggio, was a great guy, but this just sounds ridiculous.
a thread opened with no intention of discussion, but mindless flinging of one-sided opinions.
Wow i REALLY want to post here.... :o

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Forza Milan...

Last edited:

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
well... you just made 2 posts here... didn't you? so you indeed REALLy want to post here...

Clearly this third post is going to confirm my monumental love for this thread.
Im going to stop after this one, lest i (god forbid) digress from the mindless one-sided opinionating to a starting a discussion.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Forza Milan...

Last edited:

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
OK, guys, let's end this little tiff, shall we?

zZ, try to keep your posts in English, and don't take "what's-the-point-of-this-thread" comments personally, and Radio, if you don't care for a particular thread, you're not obligated to post in it. (This goes for everyone, for that matter.)

Peace. :D

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
gaizka22 said:
I'm not gonna bother to comment on your baseless comment. It's plain to see that you only follow his career in Brescia or Inter at most.
I didn't follow his career at all... not to the extend that I've become a mindless masturbator over everything 'Robby' at least :o

gaizka22 said:
Baggio had the same fall out that Gullit had with Capello who preferred a straight 4-4-2 formation in all his Milan years, without a fantatista player as one of the striker (Gullit was deployed as a right winger by Capello). It was clear that Savicevic (hero of 94 CL) and Weah (FIFA World Player in 96) was his first option in attack.
Savicevic not a 'fantasista' ? And what was with Tabarez + Sacchi ? Did he fall out with them also ? I went to dig out stats, seems BottlinBaggio did actually accumulate a bit of playing time during his oh-so-unlucky spell @ Milan, aside from bench time, of course, he just didn't score many goals. If he had had a professional attitude + had been in top form, no coach would have ignored him, wouldn't you at least partially agree ? I mean, he was B's darling, wasn't he ? A gifted player, I won't deny that, but not getting on with Capello, Tabarez, Sacchi AND Lippi reeks of clashing egos more than anything…

Last edited:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
savicevic10 said:
I've always been able to slap you in any direction I've wanted to around here ;)
You've always overestimated yourself. I think I didn't do too shabby considering English isn't my first language + I don't study creative writing... The only edge you ever had over me was probably the eloquence of your... insults. But that you had to resort to insults in pretty much every post, means I touched a nerve pretty often, you ran out of counter arguments pretty often + pretty often had nothing valid to say.

But keep believing your own hype, if it makes you feel a lil better, now that your life has taken a turn for the miserable + brought you back here ;)

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
I admit I do like to insult you. Always have. It's a great deal of fun, you almost always reply to it and it is something to be salvaged from your frequent poisonous attitude that does not lend itself to intelligent and knowledgable debate.

I almost always open and end with an insult, but the bulk of the post is about football. You just reply with an insult. And as you have already admitted humbly that I'm better at it than you, it unfortunately leaves you nowhere.

And my German is outstanding.

Savicevic was also named as a right side of midfielder where he could move around a bit when Milan had the ball. Particularly when Milan played with two strikers namely Simone and Weah who had a very good understanding with each other. Before Weah (and Baggio) he would play alongside Simone in 95 season and Massaro in 94. He wasn't so much a 'fantasista' ever. I should think at Capello's wedding everybody involved were lined up in the 4-4-2 position. Baggio was more effective playing through the centre but deeper and Capello hates that. Relaxing it slightly over the years. It was a bad match and a Berlusconi buy. I believe that Baggio was named fans player of the year the following season but that's not saying much considering the season it was. As gaizka22 pointed out he went to Bologna and scored a shit load and I seem to remember a brace or hat trick versus Milan. Led by Capello who had came back from Madrid.

I haven't seen any player with the comparitive ability of Baggio who played just as well for shit teams as he did for the big teams at the top level. Most quit at 33 and count their money. I'd love to see Zidane playing for Brescia at 38. That's why Baggio is great. And why Brescia plummeted the season after his retirement.

Last edited:

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
One last thing. Football fans always admire an intelligence in a player and Baggio had it. Like Maldini has as a defender. And that's why they last longer and leave legacies.

Players like Essien (who is a great player for what he does) are what the game is swamped with now and when they get older they won't know what the fuck to do because their game relied solely on athleticism and strength. Conveyer belt players.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Passion for *9* said:
I didn't follow his career at all... not to the extend that I've become a mindless masturbator over everything 'Robby' at least :o
Mindless masturbator? Let's just say I (and some of us here) know more about Baggio (not only in Milan but all his career) than you do and not having to resort to facts in web to get my point (there are others you will never learn from the web and can only get from watching the game). That is clear for all to see here.

Other points that you will surely bring up to cover your crap will be pointless as all your comments here since you know nothing about it. You might as well stop replying in this thread coz you know little about it. Of course you will say that you have every right to say whatever you want to say but - like I said - we all know it will be poitnless crap. Case closed.

Last edited:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
gaizka22 said:
Mindless masturbator? Let's just say I (and some of us here) know more about Baggio (not only in Milan but all his career) than you do and not having to resort to facts in web to get my point (there are others you will never learn from the web and can only get from watching the game). That is clear for all to see here.
It's clear for all to see that you + a bunch of others have put 'Roby' on a pedestal + can't accept opinions that dare to stray a little from your own. But, you don't own the truth, nor do you know 'everything' + what you know is 2nd hand crap from 2nd hand sources too + don't even try to tell me you watched all his games live in your neck of the woods + are therefore the authority on Baggio.… :o

gaizka22 said:
Other points that you will surely bring up to cover your crap will be pointless as all your comments here since you know nothing about it. You might as well stop replying in this thread coz you know little about it. Of course you will say that you have every right to say whatever you want to say but - like I said - we all know it will be poitnless crap. Case closed.
If you want a retreat to worship your guru, start a Church of Baggio website. This thread is open to everyone, also to those who aren't into personalitycultish narrowmindedness. I'll have more to say on Baggio once I'm fit again. Whether you wannabe elitist punks consider my comments educated or pointless crap doesn't bother me in the least + has never stopped me from having an opinion :o

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm going to get his pathetic book Una porta nel cielo, btw. I bet none of his multi-orgasming groupies have ever read it...

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Passion for *9* said:
I'm going to get his pathetic book Una porta nel cielo, btw. I bet none of his multi-orgasming groupies have ever read it...
Of course we haven't read it. First because it's not available in my country, second because I don't know how to speak Italian :rolleyes:

But it's great that this thread prompt you to read something about him, even if it's only find information to trash him even more. You might learn about his play from the book, something that you failed to get from watching his games. Give us an objective executive summary, will ya'.

Last edited:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
gaizka22 said:
Of course we haven't read it. First because it's not available in my country, second because I don't know how to speak Italian :rolleyes:
The book is not available here either, btw, but I know s.o. who knows s.o. who collects all kinds of football-related 'items' incl. books + just tried my luck + will hopefully find a copy in the mail next week. Oh, I have to read it with a dictionary within easy reach, my Italian isn't all that... I thought for true fans the language barrier would be such a minor annoyance, what was I thinking ? :tongue:

gaizka22 said:
But it's great that this thread prompt you to read something about him, even if it's only find information to trash him even more.
Make no mistake, I may have played.. not with dolls but with a tennis racket... when you were 'big enough boys' already to follow his career, but it doesn't mean I'm totally clueless. Your overall arrogant attitude towards s.o. whose fault it is to be a bit younger than you old farts isn't too becoming of a mod, esp. of a mod who I thought was a moderate mod... Furthermore, what makes you think my intention is to trash him ? Oh, I said pathetic book, right, well, publishing an autobiography before the end of one's career is a bit pathetic in my books.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
Your overall arrogant attitude towards s.o. whose fault it is to be a bit younger than you old farts ...
That's the whole point that I am trying to make here, we should not judge a player when we only see some portion of his playing career or not really following his career even if we do watch football when he was around. You make a judgement based on your observation when it is clear that you haven't followed his whole career.

Passion for *9* said:
Furthermore, what makes you think my intention is to trash him ?
Well, let's just say we are so used to your style and modus operandi.

Passion for *9* said:
Oh, I said pathetic book, right, well, publishing an autobiography before the end of one's career is a bit pathetic in my books.
If not mistaken the book was published sometime before the WC 02 (correct me if I'm wrong here). In the book Baggio was trashing his previous coaches (Lippi and Capello in particular) but he refrained from saying anything on Trappatoni because he was still hoping to get into the WC squad. True, publishing a book before his playing career ends is pathetic but publishing a book if you're a player with skills and achievement like Baggio after more than 15 years of playing in high level soccer is justifiable.

Besides, many EPL players release their own authobiography after a couple of years playing in top club (Rio Ferdinand, Rooney etc). Pathetic but people still buy it.

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
WTF? Rooney wrote an autobiography? now that's really stupid. What he could possibly mention in it? And who is stupid enough to buy it.

Even Rio Ferdinand and Ashely Cole are still young, very very young to write an autobiography.

Players should only write their autobiography when they retire, so that they are able to talk about all of their experiences.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
gaizka22 said:
If not mistaken the book was published sometime before the WC 02 (correct me if I'm wrong here). In the book Baggio was trashing his previous coaches (Lippi and Capello in particular) but he refrained from saying anything on Trappatoni because he was still hoping to get into the WC squad.
He published a follow-up called "Una porta nel cielo" - Il sogno dopo" or sth in 03 + this is hopefully the edition I'll be getting my hands on because it contains "Una porta nel cielo" AND a 'new' post-WC chapter blasting Trapattoni (after all the sucking up he had done before... sweet :rolleyes: ).

As for the rest... WHATEVER :o

Last edited:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
^^^ Shit, ignorant me only asked for 'the Baggio book'... Sometimes not being a panty-creaming/wetting fangirlieboy/girl doesn't work in one's favor :rolleyes:

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Forza Milan...

Last edited:

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Forza Milan...

Last edited:

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I adore this human being, he got me into football, it was baggio madness during WC94, that was my first tournament, i remember i already saw milan beat barca before that then he joined milan and i was destined to become a milan fanatic. for the record we both share the same birthday 18-02, and 18 is always my shirt number, i know his first number is 10

Fiore

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R. Baggio
He played under 18 number during 98' World Cup.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Forza Milan...

Last edited:

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Besfort said:
No wonder his best days were while he was a Juve Player.
he made his name at fiorentina, he matured at juve and that was his peak imo, with us it was a mess, at bologna he regained his form and was very good same at brescia

baggio always the best

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Forza Milan...

Last edited:

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Forza Milan...

Last edited:

Ghisolfa

SUN SEMPER CHI
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Baggio, Pirlo
Baggio is reportedly working with the FIGC to get involved with youth player development.

forza baggio!

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli