Hakan Çalhanoğlu Thread

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Don't understand the hate from yesterday. He played well and his linkup with Lupaq in the first half was superb. He did make some mistakes and mess up counters but he's improving. There were others playing worse but people only like to complain about Hakan :lol:

For rnb fans all our moves should end up as goals and all the moves from opponents should be defended. No mistakes allowed. They don't know mistakes from bad performance.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
he isn't bad. atleast he is sort of creative. I would keep him as a backup.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
type of player we need in the squad - he's proven that he isn't a starter to rely on but we can't just send away everyone who isn't, especially if we can't get much money for them. He should stay and fight for his place, we need a strong bench. But an upgrade is for sure needed.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Paqueta, Kessie, Suso, Cutrone all had worse games.. but RnB gonna RnB.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Paqueta, Kessie, Suso, Cutrone all had worse games.

true this, but:

- He wasted a 4 vs 2 counter-attack
- He ran us out of patience. No matter if other played worse in this particular game, he has a longer streak of being mediocre or worse.
- He doesn't show anything special. Paqueta's performance might have been worse in term of being useful for the team, but he's younger, not accostumed to our team or Serie A in general, and still he shows that he can turn into a very important player.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
People talking about his link up play with Paqueta :lol:
He ruined everything during those plays, I felt so frustrated for Paqs sake...

Never hated this guy, hes a milan player afterall and I stand with him. But his game vs Napoli was probably the worst ive seen from him.

I was high during the game, and I remember a throw in around the fifth-10th minute with the camera zooming in at Hakans face and I immediately burst out laughing and thinking to myself how hes piss scared and nervous :lol:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
true this, but:

- He wasted a 4 vs 2 counter-attack
- He ran us out of patience. No matter if other played worse in this particular game, he has a longer streak of being mediocre or worse.
- He doesn't show anything special. Paqueta's performance might have been worse in term of being useful for the team, but he's younger, not accostumed to our team or Serie A in general, and still he shows that he can turn into a very important player.

It's very obvious that Hakan is going through a bad phase.. it's also very obvious had one watched Milan in the latter half of last season that Hakan is capable of a lot - and is the most creative player in our squad.

With Paqueta now to add on to that creativity, it's quite short-sighted and FM-mode to get rid of Hakan. All we need is some patience. I can understand the teens not having it, but the older guys at least should relax, breathe and let him get his form back.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's very obvious that Hakan is going through a bad phase.. it's also very obvious had one watched Milan in the latter half of last season that Hakan is capable of a lot - and is the most creative player in our squad.

With Paqueta now to add on to that creativity, it's quite short-sighted and FM-mode to get rid of Hakan. All we need is some patience. I can understand the teens not having it, but the older guys at least should relax, breathe and let him get his form back.

How much of his struggle this season has to do with Serie A teams figuring out how to defend him? He has some technical skill and can pick out an occasional pass, but for the most part every team has just contained him while being comfortable with allowing him to fire from outside the box, which he is content to do.

Milan cannot afford to wait around for someone like Hakan to come good, especially if he still has some value. If he does not have a similar performance to the 2nd half of this first season, then he should absolutely be sold over summer. He will have been virtually ineffective for 75% of his time with the club.

I'd gladly put the 20M he could raise toward an actual LW.

Romagnely

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaka, Sheva, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Cafu, Gattuso, Ibra, Bennacer, Tomori
Why aren't we trying him in a Pirlo role? Nothing wrong with trying. The guy has such great long passing etc. Why would anyone play him as a LW?

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Why aren't we trying him in a Pirlo role? Nothing wrong with trying. The guy has such great long passing etc. Why would anyone play him as a LW?

not really. his passing is way too inconsistent

he's not horrible, but he needs to figure his shit out. he's been out of form for months

if we buy a good LW and he keeps playing like he's been playing I can't see hakan starting anywhere.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
the problem i have with him is his dribbling ability. it is holding him back. he can't move past players at all and when someone presses, either he immediately pass/release/shoot the ball or lose it. he is good when he has space around him and can dictate the play. right now he is not getting that space at all.

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo
Has 6 months to prove himself. Otherwise back to Germany.

We need to see him improve his decision making. Plays with a lot of heart but always makes the incorrect choice of when to pass or shoot, etc.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
This dude literally decides our season. Please wake up hakan.

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Lol just lol.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I'd rather give the #10 to Borini

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
Mati Fernandez did more for this club than this joke of a player.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
I really like him and his attitude and always defended him but he is really bad at the moment, he needs to step up. literally 0 offensive danger today, from a #10 unacceptable.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
hate this scum

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Wow, just wow... he should get medals for his performances.

I'm calling for Sansiro boos on this one.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
He was just so bad yesterday, I'm thinking how is it possible to be that bad?!

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
we can see that he's shit, and that rino is his friend.

it's nepotism or rino is plain stupid, I'd rather believe it's nepotism over rino being this stupid.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
what nepotism, why should that even occur between rino and hakan?

i think there are several reasons to why he's playing so much:

he's shown some form before, we don't have many players with his attributes, we couldn't get a different/better winger.

our LW choices this season has been Hakan, Borini, Laxalt or Castillejo. I would've played Hakan as often as I could as well because the rest are not good wingers either and they won't bring Hakans playmaking skills to the table.

and before you lol at his "playmaking skills", I know they're not great but better than the rest mentioned and before Paqueta arrived we only had Hakan to do some playmaking.

I would like to see a 4-2-3-1 with Biglia and Bakayoko in midfield and Hakan - Paqueta - Suso behind Piatek.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
what nepotism, why should that even occur between rino and hakan?
then I guess rino is plain stupid

i think there are several reasons to why he's playing so much:

he's shown some form before, we don't have many players with his attributes, we couldn't get a different/better winger.

zero form all season, has been detrimental rather than helpful in any way.

it's one thing to be on average form and "work hard" and another to constantly ruin your teams attack game after game.

our LW choices this season has been Hakan, Borini, Laxalt or Castillejo. I would've played Hakan as often as I could as well because the rest are not good wingers either and they won't bring Hakans playmaking skills to the table.

laxalt is a LB/LWB, he shouldn't be playing there.

borini as much as I love to make fun of him has not been worse than hakan despite playing far less, same with samu who doesn't have the benefit of knowing team/league.

and before you lol at his "playmaking skills", I know they're not great but better than the rest mentioned and before Paqueta arrived we only had Hakan to do some playmaking.

"playmaking skills":lol::lol::lol::lol:

I would like to see a 4-2-3-1 with Biglia and Bakayoko in midfield and Hakan - Paqueta - Suso behind Piatek.

I would not.

---------------------

his work rate is immense, but his final 3rd play is often poor, hopefully that improves.

again, very good work rate...terrible end product.

during his "good form" in the 2nd half of last season.

I was going to say this dude needs to heal up and get benched, but then I read bonaventura might be out for 3-5 months.

it's time for him to start learning how to play LCM.

mid november and I was calling for his ass to get benched, he was shit since round 1.

SELL.

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Well, so the question comes down to: Hakan or Borini/Castillejo as LW.

Thankfully, Rino's been making the right choice there IMO.

Again, Borini and Noodle are very limited, Hakan is a bit more advanced in passing and I think that's why Rino chooses him over the other two.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
But we agree in general though, Hakan sucks ass nowadays and the potential he showed last season is far gone. If he doesn't level up to some kind of monster form he should be one of the first guys we replace in the starting XI next season.

Don't think we should necessarily sell him though, bench and use when needed.

Schedule