Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Balotelli?

giphy.gif

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo
We are so close to perfect mercato pls finish the job BM

Correa + Modric/Another quality CM

plus sell Laxalt, Samu, Silva, etc

9 days left

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
For me it's frankly worrying to read the amount of people hallucinating about a Balotelli return.

Will you ever learn?

That man has had a million chances to prove himself worthy of greatness and he's pissed away every single one. With purpose. Yet members of this board treat him like some forgotten saviour that we should all really love and welcome if given the chance.

It's almost as improbable as believing in the return of the non-entity of Jesus. Oh wait...

7xxiA7IJPS354PTq0n9aIaQMWz-OkWdSeqP3v5ec7eACaVuMgOoEOK3JpAYXFGANIp9N4Ug=w280-h207-nc

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Can't wrap my little brain around this goemetry. How does one go inside from inside?

Forward I believe is the central understanding in this particular instance.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Can't wrap my little brain around this goemetry. How does one go inside from inside?

Quite simple really, he positionally plays as a right sided midfielder. It was in regards to him being able to play at the the top of the diamond in GP's 4312.

The tip of the diamond being a more central role and ideal for a two footed player with excellent vision/technique.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
In today's mercato news
The new :g: and :b: in management are trying desperately to land an :angel: into :devilfir:

However it seems that we are getting :naughty: at every turn

Time may soon run out and :balo: may soon be our only hope.
What many hoped was a Ferarri mercato has turned out to be a :honda:

This news report was brought to you by Dr. U. Curl News - News so twisted, it's curled :D

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
The tired joker is hanging about in the periphery of the circus. All the talent and intelligence any man could dream of, but following popularity and lack of effort he's accepted as an artist house cat with unlimited freedoms. Seasoned perfomers lavishly praise him because they think he'll care, but he only cares about Milan and his own life. No one can ask for more, but his sharp objections on matters moral and political but yet dated opinions on certain matters irritate but stimulate modern and serious performers in the circus. His value is invaluable and his importance timeless. The congolese mascot.

An ode to Congo.

- Hitchens

PS: Changes underlined.

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Alexis Sanchez is refusing to leave Manchester United this summer, despite boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer threatening to drop him to the reserves if he stays, and Roma are now looking at other targets. (Sun)
However, Serie A sides AC Milan, Juventus and Napoli are still interested in signing the 30-year-old Chile forward. (Mail)

No, ty.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
In today's mercato news
The new :g: and :b: in management are trying desperately to land an :angel: into :devilfir:

However it seems that we are getting :naughty: at every turn

Time may soon run out and :balo: may soon be our only hope.
What many hoped was a Ferarri mercato has turned out to be a :honda:

This news report was brought to you by Dr. U. Curl News - News so twisted, it's curled :D

too much. too much time.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
For me it's frankly worrying to read the amount of people hallucinating about a Balotelli return.

Will you ever learn?

That man has had a million chances to prove himself worthy of greatness and he's pissed away every single one. With purpose. Yet members of this board treat him like some forgotten saviour that we should all really love and welcome if given the chance.

It's almost as improbable as believing in the return of the non-entity of Jesus. Oh wait...
don't talk shit about Christianity if you know you won't do it for other religions pls
The tired joker is hanging about in the periphery of the circus. All the talent and intelligence any man could dream of, but following popularity and lack of effort he's accepted as an artist house cat with unlimited freedoms. Seasoned perfomers lavishly praise him because they think he'll care, but he only cares about Milan and his own life. No one can ask for more, but his sharp objections on matters moral and political but yet dated opinions on certain matters irritate but stimulate modern and serious performers in the circus. His value is invaluable and his importance timeless. The congolese mascot.

An ode to Congo.

- Hitchens

PS: Changes underlined.
:thumbsup:

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
SKY - Correa's agent has changed plans. He will first meet the Atletico mgmt to let them know he will not accept Monaco and only wants Milan. He will thenunderstand the conditions to take the player to Milan.

He will then meet w Milan to try and close the deal

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
The tired joker is hanging about in the periphery of the circus. All the talent and intelligence any man could dream of, but following popularity and lack of effort he's accepted as an artist house cat with unlimited freedoms. Seasoned perfomers lavishly praise him because they think he'll care, but he only cares about Milan and his own life. No one can ask for more, but his sharp objections on matters moral and political but yet dated opinions on certain matters irritate modern and serious performers in the circus. His value is invaluable and his importance timeless. The congolese mascot.

An ode to Congo.

- Hitchens

I give you the freedom to shut up and talk about milan not some Congolese goof.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
SKY - Correa's agent has changed plans. He will first meet the Atletico mgmt to let them know he will not accept Monaco and only wants Milan. He will thenunderstand the conditions to take the player to Milan.

Monaco got that 55m - let them get on with it..

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

AM need to close this deal more than Milan do bc of the relay they have with Valencia & Rodrigo.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
don't talk shit about Christianity if you know you won't do it for other religions pls

Given my idolisation of my namesake I'm equally indisposed to any "glimpses of the same untruth".

My intention though was to be sharp and funny with a snap and not to engage in any religious discussion. As an officer I keep my own opinions but tread lightly but firmly around those who harbour others whatever I may think myself. One should always treat any social encounter as smoothly as possible and not hurt anyones feelings.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
What's your read on my former post to Samaldinho.

Well bro,

Great defenders exist, all you mentioned is true and it’s unfair to compare game legends to current great players. They are incomparable, we are being prisoners of nostalgia.

Every era has its own crop and I think Sam is missing the elegance he used to when he watched Maldini and Nesta.

I think it would have been less debatable if he said that the current generation does not have one single Complete Defender. With that I can agree.

Ramos comes close but the rest are great at something and not so much at something else but that does not mean they are not great and are not going to be.

Football does not stop on giving, requirements are a little bit different now.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well bro,

Great defenders exist, all you mentioned is true and it’s unfair to compare game legends to current great players. They are incomparable, we are being prisoners of nostalgia.

Every era has its own crop and I think Sam is missing the elegance he used to when he watched Maldini and Nesta.

I think it would have been less debatable if he said that the current generation does not have one single Complete Defender. With that I can agree.

Ramos comes close but the rest are great at something and not so much at something else but that does not mean they are not great and are not going to be.

Football does not stop on giving, requirements are a little bit different now.

Well summarized on the main discussion. I agree.

What I'm more interested in is your take on my assertions of football being treated as more complex than necessary. Monuments could be built with the articles of worthless analyses of different attributes supposedly necessary for success in 2019 football. Which still requires 22 players to score goals on the same field.

I'm not opposed to rigorous analyses, but wary of the pitfalls of overestimating unimportant things.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
are defenders better now because teams have access to videos, recordings, stats/data analysis? it's easier to find flaws in a defender's game now.
I don't think they are better now judging by the performances on the pitch compared to legends like nesta and maldini. Although it seems very intriguing to know whether the past greats truly are superior or not.
What if there was advanced technology available in the past eras, would maldini and nesta still be heralded as the greatest defenders of their time? I believe so yes purely because they were just that good.
Yea videos/tapes/data help but to implement a game plan to negate the strengths of such great players would be extremely difficult on the pitch. Besides we are also forgetting that maldini and nesta for example would have access to advanced technology too. So they are likely to improve on whatever little flaws they are perceived to have.
truly great players will be great in any era. nesta and maldini are such players. post prime nesta was able to handle messi. just saying.

I know massaro will bring up the Rooney vs milan game in 09/10 but nesta was playing injured in that game and we had a terrible coach with a very weak defense that offered no support to nesta.

Last edited:

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
No, they 'also' need to sell Kaligol first.

I wonder if our deal to get Kali-no-goal fir reported 28 or so mil was worse or Atletico for 15/18ish after seeing him struggle so terribly with us ��

This guy has a LEGIT agent though . Beaaast!

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Well summarized on the main discussion. I agree.

What I'm more interested in is your take on my assertions of football being treated as more complex than necessary. Monuments could be built with the articles of worthless analyses of different attributes supposedly necessary for success in 2019 football. Which still requires 22 players to score goals on the same field.

I'm not opposed to rigorous analyses, but wary of the pitfalls of overestimating unimportant things.

Before I write my piece, please tell me what did you first do when you knew Giampaolo was going to be our coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule