All About Movies

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Seven Pound is the best movie for the year hands down. Dark Knight is fantastic as well but it won't make Mr. T. cry like a bitch

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
i have just seen "There Will Be Blood"

i can think of one thing at this time.... WTF :eek:

i expected more of that movie... i thought it was well written but kind of dragged at times... i dunno maybe i'll give it another chance some time

^^Watched RocknRolla few days ago.

what did you think? the blu-ray should be arriving from netflix for me tomorrow... im hoping its a return to ritchies earlier form (lock stock, snatch - loved them both) as i havent really liked his more recent films

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
i expected more of that movie... i thought it was well written but kind of dragged at times... i dunno maybe i'll give it another chance some time

what did you think? the blu-ray should be arriving from netflix for me tomorrow... im hoping its a return to ritchies earlier form (lock stock, snatch - loved them both) as i havent really liked his more recent films

i loved Rocknrolla... but i'm sure you will hear some "it was garbage" comments in here.

Just try it for yourself.

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
i loved Rocknrolla... but i'm sure you will hear some "it was garbage" comments in here.

Just try it for yourself.

dont worry i'll give it a fair shot just like i did recently with revolver but the latter just didnt click for me.. i may have liked it if i gave it a second viewing but it was a rental and i never got a chance and really dont see myself renting it again

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
Seven Pound is the best movie for the year hands down. Dark Knight is fantastic as well but it won't make Mr. T. cry like a bitch

Seriously?

It's been panned by critics and doesn't seem to have any nominations.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
dont worry i'll give it a fair shot just like i did recently with revolver but the latter just didnt click for me.. i may have liked it if i gave it a second viewing but it was a rental and i never got a chance and really dont see myself renting it again
Rocknrolla. Watch it. Post. Read this. And think again.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Seriously?

It's been panned by critics and doesn't seem to have any nominations.
I used to care a lot about what the critics think....but it seems that they often knock the stuff the average moviegoers like....we're not all intellectuals you know :)

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
rocknrolla was very good. i'm into g. ritchie movies (snatch, lock, stock and two smoking barrels...). i haven't seen the dark knight and have no intention to because i think it overrated considering heath's death after the movie and all that controversy bla bla. i just hate those kinds of movies. for example i have never seen titanic either :D
yesterday i watched gran torino. what can i say i love it. clint as actor and director in the same movie. can't be bad. highly recommended 10/10:star:

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
i haven't seen the dark knight and have no intention to because i think it overrated considering heath's death after the movie and all that controversy bla bla. i just hate those kinds of movies. for example i have never seen titanic either :D

im confused... why are you comparing the dark night to titanic?

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
I didn't want to watch Dark Knight either... luckly, a friend of mine invited me and paid the ticket for me so I could not refuse.

I didn't regret it.

aztattooedsean

Primavera
Reaction score

thank you, you beat me to this comment. Dark Knight is a very good( I take that back, it IS one of the best ever super hero movies next to the original Batman Begins flick) movie. titanic was just a a big special effects at the end to appease the guys in the audience with romances all the way up till then to appease your girlfriends in the audience.:tongue:

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
rocknrolla was very good. i'm into g. ritchie movies (snatch, lock, stock and two smoking barrels...). i haven't seen the dark knight and have no intention to because i think it overrated considering heath's death after the movie and all that controversy bla bla. i just hate those kinds of movies. for example i have never seen titanic either :D
yesterday i watched gran torino. what can i say i love it. clint as actor and director in the same movie. can't be bad. highly recommended 10/10:star:
U need 2 change ur mind about Dark knight only coz Heath's performance is epic.
I like Bale but 4 an odd reason I didnt like his acting in both Batman movie even when I liked both.
Titanic ? LOL
Fuck that coz I would v pushed my GF down & hugged the floating wood myself :D

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
U need 2 change ur mind about Dark knight only coz Heath's performance is epic.
I like Bale but 4 an odd reason I didnt like his acting in both Batman movie even when I liked both.
Titanic ? LOL
Fuck that coz I would v pushed my GF down & hugged the floating wood myself :D

aren't you married :conf::conf:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Think for one f***ing second!

He was the sole reason this series got on the wheels again.

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score

i dont think its fair to say that he was the sole reason for the resurrection of the series... yes i think he plays a good part but the movies themselves are far superior to those from the past and could have been just as good if they found another actor that fit the bill...

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

qft

i dont think its fair to say that he was the sole reason for the resurrection of the series... yes i think he plays a good part but the movies themselves are far superior to those from the past and could have been just as good if they found another actor that fit the bill...

That`s not really true,in 2005 there was no Heath Ledger and Bale revived the whole serie by him self. Name a actor that would do a better job then him whit Batman?He fits the bill perfectly.

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
That`s not really true,in 2005 there was no Heath Ledger and Bale revived the whole serie by him self. Name a actor that would do a better job then him whit Batman?He fits the bill perfectly.

I dont know and that wasnt really my point... i dont really want to get into a debate about which actors could or couldnt have done a better job nor am i trying to take anything away from Bale but... the movies themselves are better written, better directed, etc. than most of the predecessors... to say that he is the SOLE reason for their success/quality just doesnt seem accurate to me and takes away from everything else that was done right with these movies that was done poorly with the ones before... i think its possible that if another talented actor was given the direction to play the role in the same way the movies COULD (I'm not saying WOULD) have been just as good...

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I dont know and that wasnt really my point... i dont really want to get into a debate about which actors could or couldnt have done a better job nor am i trying to take anything away from Bale but... the movies themselves are better written, better directed, etc. than most of the predecessors... to say that he is the SOLE reason for their success/quality just doesnt seem accurate to me and takes away from everything else that was done right with these movies that was done poorly with the ones before... i think its possible that if another talented actor was given the direction to play the role in the same way the movies COULD (I'm not saying WOULD) have been just as good...

Nope.

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score

nice to see you put some thought into it... here's the rub though... using your logic if we replace clooney with bale in Batman and Robin then (again using ur logic that Bale is the SOLE reason that the new batman movies have revived the series) Batman and Robin would be great movie and the series would have been saved back in 95... :conf::conf:

edit: sorry it was 1997 that bale could have saved the batman franchise

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
using your logic if we replace clooney with bale in Batman and Robin then (again using ur logic that Bale is the SOLE reason that the new batman movies have revived the series) Batman and Robin would be great movie and the series would have been saved back in 95... :conf::conf:

edit: sorry it was 1997 that bale could have saved the batman franchise

yep :cool:

how come your so tilted about one sentence?

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
yep :cool:

how come your so tilted about one sentence?

if you're serious about that then i know for future reference to disregard your opinion concerning movies because nothing, i repeat nothing, not bale, not jesus, not a weird man that showed up and gave you money everytime you watched the movie could have salvaged the train wreck that was Batman and Robin

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
if you're serious about that then i know for future reference to disregard your opinion concerning movies because nothing, i repeat nothing, not bale, not jesus, not a weird man that showed up and gave you money everytime you watched the movie could have salvaged the train wreck that was Batman and Robin

too bad.

over top comments get over top counterarguments sometimes, you know. you are right Batman and Robin was a wreck. so big of a wreck that 99 percent of actors would send fire their agents to propose the role even with a brilliant script. everyone said he saved the franchise but I know others did a lot of behind the scenes work aswell ;)

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Always knew the choice between saving a woman and taking a huge wood is a no-brainer for you :o

j/k :D
Saving some1 is great only if I live 2 brag about it :D

I never liked the old Batman movies 2 begin with.
Maybe the first 1 coz Jack Nicholson was in it.
Bale is a great actor but I just couldnt accept his acting as batman.
In Batman begins I thought I just need time 2 accept him even when I liked the movie coz it was a bit darker than the old batmans.
But Dark knight was even better & again I didnt digest Bale as batman.
Come 2 think about it I didnt accept any actor who played batman b4 either.

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
too bad.

over top comments get over top counterarguments sometimes, you know. you are right Batman and Robin was a wreck. so big of a wreck that 99 percent of actors would send fire their agents to propose the role even with a brilliant script. everyone said he saved the franchise but I know others did a lot of behind the scenes work aswell ;)

haha... im not on tilt and to be honest i think hes doing a brilliant job as batman (although i think he was out shined in tdk) and cant really imagine someone else in the role since i've seen him... i just didnt agree that he made the movie (i.e., he was the sole reason for success) and the movie could have gone on with someone else while he couldnt have saved a movie without the script,direction,etc...

anyway i think we can both a agree that bale is a pretty kickass batman :beer:

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme

it's just those two movies were huge hit and big blockbusters after release. it this blasphemy? and you win i will watch the dark knight :p

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
it's just those two movies were huge hit and big blockbusters after release. it this blasphemy? and you win i will watch the dark knight :p

my point was that id be hard pressed to think of 2 more different movies but i suppose if you were comparing based on blockbuster status then its a valid comparison.. you def watch the dark night... heath ledger is mindblowing as the joker and its an overall good flick... i think i may watch it again tomorrow :D

on another note... i think i have referenced watching blu-ray's previously but never really expanded... my girlfriend got me a blu-ray player for christmas and im absolutely loving watching blu-ray movies... has anyone else been enjoying the HD goodness?

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Re-watched Garden State the other day. Love it. And it reminded me how great The Shins are, which is a bonus.

"Gold teeth and a curse for this town..."

:)

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Just watched Underworld Rise of the lycans. Awesome movie,the story is good if u like vampires/lycans and the action in the movie is kick ass:D

Schedule