Romario!!!Do you beleive...!?

Reaction score
Veteran striker Romario joins Fluminense
RIO DE JANEIRO, Aug 1 (Reuters) - Veteran Brazil striker Romario, who was controversially left out of his country's World Cup team, has joined Rio de Janeiro club Fluminense from local rivals Vasco da Gama, his new club said on Thursday.
Fluminense president David Fischel said that the 36-year-old, who has averaged around a goal a game in club football in the last year and is still considered one of Brazil's top strikers, had joined until the end of the year.Romario's latest stint at Vasco, the club where he began his career, lasted three-and-a-half years in which he enjoyed a prolific scoring record
Romario, who had also been chased by his old club Flamengo, is expected to make his debut on August 11 against Cruzeiro as the Brazilian championship gets under way and will be eager to have the spotlight on him once again.
Good luck BAIXINHO.
seloflu100.jpg
roma0108.jpg

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
This man is good,but i think that he is toooooo old for this.He can't be like he was

Alex

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Nah, Romario is old, 36 years old, I think. He couln't never more be at his potential when he was playing for PSV or Barça. Indeed, he's enough good to be dangerous in the Brazilian league.

Boa sorte, Baixinho. ;)

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
No I don't think he is good enough anymore to be effective like before. I was hoping he would come play in the USA like Valderama did.

Still hoping the Costacurta will come play here. I heard Billy is supposed to play for New York.

Reaction score
Os Italianos ainda não engoliram 1994 (Eles não são humildes) Temos que reconhecer que Zinedine Zidane e um grande jogador e eles tem que reconhecer que Romário é um goleador !!!!

Reaction score
Romario has just joined Fluminense Football Club, one of the biggest and traditional, and popular team of Brazil.
Romario has always been wanted by all Brazil teams, for his eficience and cold bood.
Last Brazillian Championship, he was the main striker, with 21 goals. Most of people believe he´s the biggest foward playing in brazil nowadays.
And my Fluminense won the battle against Flamengo, Vasco and other clubs to count on the "baixinho" goals.
And the answer is yes, he is still a killer.
He doesnt run. Never. But his positioning is perfect, his intelligence and his impressive tallent to shot and score goals make him the biggest Brazillian forward (among who plays in Brazil) nowadays. He´s always on the right place, on the right time, and he never miss a goal chance. Besides, he still have wonderful skills.

Remember this name: Fluminense. A wonderful team.

Pedro

Reaction score
But Romario couldnt play in Europe, mainly in Italy.
The soccer there is too defensive, players have to move a lot into the field. But he´s still a genious. "The genious of little area"

I´m Brazillian, and a Fluminense supporter. A team with 9 million supporters. Have any of you people ever heard about this Brazillian team?

Pedro

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romario joins Fluminense - Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 3:08 pm    Post subject: Romario

I´m Brazillian, and a Fluminense supporter. A team with 9 million supporters. Have any of you people ever heard about this Brazillian team?

I have watched them play a couple of times and they are good! :D One of the guys I work with is from Brazil. He is a Sao Paulo fan but his wife roots for Fluminense. :D It's to bad you guys lost Paulo Cesar.

I was hoping that the US would get to play in the Copa Libertadores. If Mexico gets to play in it, then teams from the USA should get to play in it as well.

The only South American soccer I have seen live is River Plate play a promotional friendly vs. Morelia of Mexico and it was a great game. D'Alessandro is an amazing player. I read today that Barca could buy him. To bad, I would love to see him in Milan.

Oh yeah, I saw Boliva play Mexico in a world cup warm-up. :)

Reaction score
Really??? That´s great Seamus!!! But where on TV could you see some of Fluminense´s games?

Liked Paulo Cesar? He used to be a great player, but a little bit irregular. He´s now at PSG.

He almost went to World Cup.

What did u think about Roger, our midfielder?

Pedro

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well I watch the games of Fox Sports World. They play Brazilizn league and also the Copa Libertadores. From what I remember Roger is good, but i havn't seen any of the Brazilian league games for awhile. With the world cup I have mostly been watching that. I will check the schedual and see if they have any games comming up so I can watch him in to refresh my memory. :D

Reaction score
Well seamus...
If u wanna watch Roger, made in Laranjeiras (stadium of fluminense), he ´ll be playing tomorrow against Gremio. But, He´s playing now for Benfica...hehe that´s right, he was sold! It will be showed at RTPI, the portuguese channel.

Reaction score
Alex said:
Indeed, he's enough good to be dangerous in the Brazilian league.

I don't know what you mean with "good enough".When you talking like that,it looks like Europeans teams have a "good" time whwn they play against Brazilians.I don't think so.And besides that we still have got talent enogh to export around the world.As a Millan fan you know that.And now with Rivaldo on,you going to be very glad to see him in "red and black",and not at the oyher side.
Be carefull when you talk bad about Brazilian soccer.But at the same time i like it.Make the guys realy upset..And they do better like that.Remenber the last world cup?
Saudacoes Tricolores.
escudos.gif

Reaction score
Yes,I think he is still a Killer, I mean he is old
but he can score against any goly in the world right now.
In the past few years he show that he can still play the game.

sheva7

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I think he isn't, he can't be like he was in Brazil and he is too old for this shit.But he can say:I am not too old for this shit, i am not too old for this shit...........................
He maybe score in the brazilian league but it's a Brazilian league not Eurpean like:Italian or spanish.

Reaction score
Fluminense said:
RIO DE JANEIRO, Aug 1 (Reuters) - Brazil striker Romario, has joined Rio de Janeiro club Fluminense ... is expected to make his debut on August 11 against Cruzeiro... the Brazilian championship gets under way and will be eager to have the spotlight on him once again...
:eek: :eek: :eek: .So.!?..Still a killer or not...? :rocketwh:
romarioflu.jpg
logoforum.jpg

Reaction score
RIO DE JANEIRO, Aug 1 (Reuters) - Brazil striker Romario, has joined Rio de Janeiro club Fluminense ... is expected to make his debut on August 11 against Cruzeiro..the Brazilian championship gets under way and will be eager to have the spotlight on him once again... :eek: :eek: :eek:For the one who dare...He had touch the ball 22 times, scores twice...Fluminense 5 X 1 Cruzeiro.Romario is allready a lider at the strikers race at the "Campeonato Brasileiro".Before this game,he played a friendly in Nedherlands for he's ex-team PSV...coincidence...He socores twice...So...Still a killer or not...? :rocketwh: :rocketwh: :rocketwh:
roma110802.jpg
seloflu100.jpg

shevaman

Primavera
Reaction score
The national USA soccer team had reached for the first time
the top ten FIFA WORLD ranking. :) tied for ninth place with Italy.
What do guys think of that?

Reaction score
shevaman said:
The national USA soccer team had reached for the first time
the top ten FIFA WORLD ranking. :) tied for ninth place with Italy.
What do guys think of that?
Good...very good...they deserve it!!!
GO U S A...!! :D :D :D

Schedule