Filippo Inzaghi Thread

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
Faяouk said:
So after a career like that, and after being known around the world for his amazing goal poaching abilities, he can't just retire after having a shitty season like this EVEN if he scored in the Champions League final. It's quite hard for players to retire, their love for the game makes it harder and how much they are used to play it; so if a player decided to retire he should at least get enough playing time to fill his hunger before he hangs up his boots.
I know that and seems like you know it too...but what matters in football? not how much a player wants to play or how much he wants to "fill" his hunger but how good he is on the pitch! how he works etc...
and i think it would be a good decision from pippo to retire, he hardly gets any playintime now and next season we'll have ronaldo in UCL theres no way he'd get to "fill" his hunger so score a goal in the Champions League final and call it quits before we even forget who he is, because he wont get to play!!!! And for all i care, he can surely sit on the bench in his milansuit but that would just be wrong. I mean, he'd belong to the club but wouldnt get to play...so why not retire and he will be remembered as a great player

Faяouk said:
And there is such thing like guarantee a start, for example: If Eto'o came to Milan he's guaranteed a start, along with Ronaldinho. Same thing like if Inzaghi joined Fiorentina next season, he's guaranteed a start.

Hell, a move to Fiorentina would be great... filling in Luca Toni's boots and playing along with Adrian Mutu... quite good isn't it?

Fiorentina wants inzaghI??? If they do want him and they "guarantee" pippo a place in the first 11 then forza pippo, we love you..good bye!
but thats not the case, even if they do want him, he'll get tamboora, zinch, nada and we cant risk that..He cant risk that, not now. He'll end up in fiorentina "to fill toni's boots" (BULLCRAP) and what if he doesnt perform? if he plays worse than average? would that be a decent ending to his career? NO, his career hasnt been the best but like you said, pretty good so why ruin it by acting like a bitch at the age of 30+ and go to another club now?

theres absolutely no point! so he should either retire after this season or accept the fact that he'll be our benchwarmer. :cry:

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
crazymilangirl said:
yes i have! and if theres one thing i know then its not to compare Paolo Maldini to Filippo Inzaghi...now, can you guess why?
When did I ever compare Maldini to Inzaghi?
crazymilangirl said:
yes i did. And i said that i think Pippo can do alot better, or he could have done alot better if he wasnt in shevchenko's shadow :o
He wasn't his this so called "shadow" when we last won the UCL I think you could say that Shevchenko was in Inzaghi's shadow at the time.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How I love pseudo fans 'debating'... LOL

Pippo knows best what to do + I'm sure the club will support ANY decision, whether it is phasing out his career at Milan (as a sub) or joining coaching staff (sth he'd like to do) or asking to be transferred. The latter is the least likely option IMO, as it is a given he won't be an automatic regular starter anywhere at 34. Too frequent are his injuries + even if minor, they will always prevent him from being 100% fit.

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
As one of Pippo's biggest fan , it's really sad talking about him retiring , just like i felt when ppl ask Maldini to retire. :cry: All i want now is to see him putting on a great performance in Athens just like i hope for Maldini . Well , IF he has to retire very soon , why can't he do it together with Maldini at the end of next season , i am sure he will give his all for his last season ; Carlo has a good rapport with Pippo so he will help him retire in style . :proud:

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
San Paolo said:
When did I ever compare Maldini to Inzaghi?
i didnt say you did. I said i wouldnt! So if maldini gets to play (guaranteed place in the starting 11) doesnt mean that Pippo will get it. I was refering to inzaghi when i said: "theres no such thing as a place in the starting 11 guarantee...especially when you are 30+ "
this is the Pippo thread afterall....
San Paolo said:
He wasn't his this so called "shadow" when we last won the UCL I think you could say that Shevchenko was in Inzaghi's shadow at the time.
And still people are blind enough to give the golden ball to shevchenko...

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
crazymilangirl said:
"theres no such thing as a place in the starting 11 guarantee...especially when you are 30+ "
Yes we kind of covered that... and I said "Have you heard of Maldini?"

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
San Paolo said:
Yes we kind of covered that... and I said "Have you heard of Maldini?"
and i said: "yes i have! and if theres one thing i know then its not to compare Paolo Maldini to Filippo Inzaghi...now, can you guess why?"

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You said a 30+ player isn't guarenteed a spot in the starting XI. Maldini is almost 39 and is always guarenteed a spot. What part of that are you having trouble comprehending with?

Mystik

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I think she's saying that Paolo is special and nobody can possibly compare to him. So while Paolo being 30+ and being a starter is pretty much expected, OTHER 30+ year olds wouldn't have it so easy. At least that's what I understand.

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mystik said:
I think she's saying that Paolo is special and nobody can possibly compare to him. So while Paolo being 30+ and being a starter is pretty much expected, OTHER 30+ year olds wouldn't have it so easy. At least that's what I understand.
Yea mate, you're right...i almost thought i was typing chinese or something... :rolleyes: but glad atleast someone understands

and i think i pretty much explained everything here:
crazymilangirl said:
So if maldini gets to play (guaranteed place in the starting 11) doesnt mean that Pippo will get it. I was refering to inzaghi when i said: "theres no such thing as a place in the starting 11 guarantee...especially when you are 30+ "
this is the Pippo thread afterall...
:rolleyes:

(i know quoting yourself is a NO NO around here but this is for a good cause)

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mystik said:
Oh I kind of missed the part where she said it WAIT... she didn't.

She should learn to actually type down what she is planning to say, she doesn't even know what she is typing. :o

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
are you somehow allergic to this:

crazymilangirl said:
So if maldini gets to play (guaranteed place in the starting 11) doesnt mean that Pippo will get it. I was refering to inzaghi when i said: "theres no such thing as a place in the starting 11 guarantee...especially when you are 30+ "
this is the Pippo thread afterall......

????

Pippo 4 Ever

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
**Pippo Inzaghi!!** Kaka, Maldini, Thierry Henry, Andrea Pirlo, Gilardino, Roberto Baggio, Rui Costa
Pippo, you make me so proud!!

I'm really really HAPPY that Milan had won the CL and Pippo had scored 2 goals!! :proud: I have always believe in Pippo and I'm so proud of him!! Hope he's having a good celebration right now, he surly deserved it!! ;)

By the way, I haven't came to this forum for a long time and I was reading the post about Pippo. I hope it's not true that he will move to another club, I really want him to stay in Milan. But I understand about the playing time and stuff, I just hope he could be given more chances. Given the performance tonight, PLEASE let him stay in Milan and play for more seasons!!

But anyways, at this moment, I think I will just focus on the victory tonight!! :tongue:

:star: FORZA PIPPO!! TI AMO!! :star:

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
The two goals SuperPippo scored tonight will give him a contract renewal which will make sure that he stays for another 2 years! ;)

This guy is amazing, I don't know how many times I've said it - but there's no player like Inzaghi! Sweeeeet! :D

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
fullj.getty-fbl-eur-c1-liverpool-acmilan_6_48_56_pm.jpg

fullj.getty-fbl-eur-c1-liverpool-acmilan_6_35_39_pm.jpg

Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
absolute, motherfucking, LEGEND.

yea, bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pippo 4 Ever

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
**Pippo Inzaghi!!** Kaka, Maldini, Thierry Henry, Andrea Pirlo, Gilardino, Roberto Baggio, Rui Costa
Velez Mostar said:
The two goals SuperPippo scored tonight will give him a contract renewal which will make sure that he stays for another 2 years! ;)

This guy is amazing, I don't know how many times I've said it - but there's no player like Inzaghi! Sweeeeet! :D

Actually I remember Pippo's contract right now is until 2009, I just hope that he can have more chances to play in matches and hopefully like you said, play for at least 2 more years!! :)

Wow!! The pictures are amazing!! Thank you for posting it up, Passion!! :tongue: I really like the way he holds the trophy, it's like he is holding the most precious thing in the world!! ;)

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
BMWTaylor said:
I think Passion is the happiest girl on Earth right now. :)
No, 'Kyara' is. And so are you. With another ban for me looming... you must be ECSTATIC... LOL

:o

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Forza Superpippo!!

Again you stood up and showed everyone not to doubt you. Io ci credo <3

Grande Pippo. Un grande Milan. Grazie Ragazzi.

Quinni 17

Gold Tie Hero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi, Rino, Pippo, Sheva, Pato.
Grazie Superpippo!!!

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
Pippo, I motherfucking love you! I swear I'm very proud till now, I can't tell you how much I love because I kept supporting you and you didn't let me down :proud: :proud: :proud: :proud: :proud: :proud: :proud: :proud: :proud: FORZA PIPPO!

And all of you motherfucking bashers, he shut you up another time. :tongue:

kuniang

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Pirlo, Canna, Buffon, Totti
:star: SUPERPIPPO!!!:star: my skinny hero!!! thank you for coming up big along with the occasion! NAH!....to all the detractors especially the snickering "inzaghi's born offside" commentators. now who's snickering!! :devilfir: :devilfir:

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
My all time favorite italian foward is SuperPippo . You left a mark in the Milan history books and i am very proud of you . I can now proudly call u a legend even if some others would disagree. Forza SuperPippo !!!! :proud: :proud: :proud: :proud: :proud:

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaka , Nesta , Pirlo ,messi, Maldini ,Henry, Sheva,drogba,DIDA , Pippo
Inzaghi is the most unique striker ... he can't do those tricks or stuff but when it comes to positioning and putting the goal in the net ..NO ONE CAN DO IT LIKE INZAGHI !!!! SUPERPIPPO !!!

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
First goal was no fluke, says Milan striker Inzaghi

ATHENS, May 23 (Reuters) - The first of Filippo Inzaghi's two Champions League-winning goals for AC Milan on Wednesday was a fluke according to Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez.

'It was luck but that is football,' the Spaniard said of the goal that deflected off Inzaghi from Andrea Pirlo's freekick.

Most of the Olympic Stadium crowd would no doubt have agreed with him but the scorer had an alternative viewpoint.

'It was something that we rehearsed in training,' said Inzaghi with a grin. 'I scored with it against Empoli. Sometimes it just comes off.'

Whether it was deliberate or not, there is little doubt it was the turning point of the match, which Milan won 2-1, and it was fitting that Inzaghi was involved.

The 33-year-old has suffered from a number of injuries over the last couple of years and missed Milan's defeat on penalties by Liverpool in Istanbul two years ago.

This season, his scoring form has been mixed with four goals from 11 games in the Champions League before Wednesday, including two in the qualifiers, and just two goals in 20 Serie A outings.

Before the final, there was much debate about whether Carlo Ancelotti, the Milan coach, would play Inzaghi or Alberto Gilardino up front.

Inzaghi double strike repaid his coach's confidence.

'I have a very special relationship with Milan,' he said. 'A couple of years ago I missed a lot of games through injury but the club kept faith in me and when I was fit again they welcomed me back with open arms. They showed real trust in me.'

If Inzaghi's first goal had a touch of good fortune, there was no doubting the quality of his second eight minutes from time, when he latched on to a through ball from Kaka, rounded keeper Pepe Reina and coolly stroked the ball into the net.

'The first goal opened up the game but the second was certainly better,' he said. Summing up his emotions, Inzaghi added: 'It's a feeling of great joy. There aren't words to describe it...I feel like it's all a dream.'

(soccernet)

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
FORZA PIPPO!! :star:
i already called him a legend because of his passion, his determination and last but not least his goals! After tonight i think we can proudly say that he done it once againl.
Yesterday was one of his best matches, not because of the goals but because of how he played. I really could see the hunger, i swear. I thought maldini, nesta, kaka would be the stars tonight but pippo proved me wrong and im extremely glad about that. He wa all over the pitch, offside only 2-3 times..just as much as kuyt, shevchenko or any other striker. He got the ball seversal times but couldnt really dribble past the liverpool defence but he got us freekicks and corners. I just knew it, when they announced that inzaghi would start. I just knew that he would pull off something great, like this and it would be the perfect end to a perfect career but now i dont want him to retire, he is 34 yes, he is not going to get much playintime or playintime at all but i hope ancelotti, the club would find it in their heart to let him play next season. That would give him an oppertunity to be the topscorer of UCL..how many goals is he behind raul?
i havent checked it yet but id love to see him though
i duno, mixed feelings right but one thing is for sure: INZAGHI IS A LEGEND, A HERO AND WILL DEFINATELY BE REMEMBERED, HE WROTE HIS NAME IN EVERY SINGLE MILANFANS HEART :star:

Schedule