Il derby della Madonnina, Supercoppa d'Italia: AC Milan (2) vs. Inter (1) - 6/08/2011

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Rafael Benitez: 1-0

Leonardo: 3-0

Gian Piero Gasperini: 2-1

Someone else?

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
When I watched this in Portugal, I went nuts!! So glad that Milan beat Inter again, we've beaten them 3 times and counting!

FORZA MILAN!

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score

Poor Eto'o :lol:

9a216b2d9afa87872d2792451b5586ac.png

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
Btw my first game thread ever. Whenever its going to be, CL final will be the next one.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Super Cup final, Bird’s Nest stadium, Beijing: For every 1000 Inter fan, there were 2700 Rossoneri present.

MILAN – Absolutely incredible, it may be the other side of the planet from the north Italian city, but these were dyed in the wool Rossoneri fans.

Milan fans in Beijing, like Milan fans at home. The team was cheered on almost as if they were playing in the San Siro stadium.

Even if admitting it was difficult for some, the Bird’s Nest stadium was a completely Rossoneri spectacle. The number of fans wearing Milan colors outnumbered their rivals almost 3 to 1. A solid majority inside the stadium to help the team to victory.

The team was given a hero’s welcome in the Chinese capital as can be underlined by a survey conducted by weibo.com. Milan is officially the most popular club in China, 7 points ahead of Barcelona (31% compared to 24%). Manchester United is even further behind (15%), as is Arsenal (14%) and Real Madrid (10%).

More proof of the club’s extraordinary fan base:

-More than 2000 fans showed up to watch the trainings session at the Olympic Sports Centre.
-Streets lined with fans when the team visited the Adidas Store in the city.
-Supporters in full voice when the team showed up at the Dolce & Gabbana boutique in Beijing.
-1 particular fan who travelled for 2 days by bus all the way from Tibet to present Adriano Galliani with a long white scarf, a traditional gift of friendship.
-A crowd of fans outside the Intercontinental Hotel waiting to catch a glimpse of the players.
- Adriano Galliani, who according to the International press in Beijing, couldn’t even walk the streets without being surrounded by Chinese Rossoneri.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Milan is officially the most popular club in China, 7 points ahead of Barcelona (31% compared to 24%). Manchester United is even further behind (15%), as is Arsenal (14%) and Real Madrid (10%).

Didn't know that. Very nice.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Didn't know that. Very nice.

Was kinda confused why people kept saying there were more Inter fans in the stadium during the match. As far as I know, I only kept hearing chants of "Milan Milan" throughout the game. That and that 3/4th of the stadium seemed to be decked in red...

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Was kinda confused why people kept saying there were more Inter fans in the stadium during the match. As far as I know, I only kept hearing chants of "Milan Milan" throughout the game. That and that 3/4th of the stadium seemed to be decked in red...

The sound in the Stadium was not good in my stream tbh. But it was clear on two or three moments when "Chi non salta nerazzurro è" chant was very loud in the stadium.

Didn't heard anything closer to it coming from Inter crowd...

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
The sound in the Stadium was not good in my stream tbh. But it was clear on two or three moments when "Chi non salta nerazzurro è" chant was very loud in the stadium.

Didn't heard anything closer to it coming from Inter crowd...

I recently read that only two stands were filled with Inter fans but majority of the stadium was filled with Milan fans. Plus stands on both sides of the pitch were decked in red...

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
Finally got around to watch the match ...:o

1st half ....WTF was the commentator on ESPN on about Taiwo ? "Has had a torrid time in his appearances"

"An Italian newspaper wrote :you do know you have to defend ,dont you Taiwo ?"

:fp:

Alvarez looks/plays so much like Kaka its scary :eek:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Finally got around to watch the match ...:o

1st half ....WTF was the commentator on ESPN on about Taiwo ? "Has had a torrid time in his appearances"

"An Italian newspaper wrote :you do know you have to defend ,dont you Taiwo ?"

:fp:

Alvarez looks/plays so much like Kaka its scary :eek:

Heard him..

These commentators generally go by news reports and what they read in it as far as Serie A is concerned I guess. :-/

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
I recognize his voice ,usually does Bundesliga with odd EPL game ,recently did the Copa ... almost down to watching all english-commentated games on mute :head: .

:D At least here its better in that case apart from UCL, where we get those English commentators who watch about 4-5 Serie A matches whole season.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@ Ash,

yes i was there, only about 2 section of blue rest swarmed in red. Milan chants and boos definitely made INter fan's chants inaudible minus the 10 minutes after Inter scored.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
The music + communist flag = :lol:

1:28 Zlatan taking a picture of Bonera?

Stitches

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Anyone has Zlatan at airport with a speaker blasting Inner Circle Bad Boys?

Schedule