Week 6: Juventus (2) vs AC Milan (0) - 02/10/2011

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
this is a defensive squeme man. u make a 4 line man in front of ur defense.

Not defensively, it is more carefully, with supplying the MF with balls, as Boss & Seedo can do it easily without shredding massive efforts; while Aqua + Prince + Urby can execute the tactics of AL easily.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Hi, all. This is my first post here.

I was fuming after the horror show last night and had to write some thoughts for the aftermath.

Allegri needs to find solutions, not excuses.

Bonera should not be considered a starting role. EVER.

Urby in for Cassano was the "in" in incompetance! Although stationary Cassano was the one player who actually created something offensively. Zlatan was nervous and in Chiellini's pocket.

How Boateng remained in the trequartista role after half time is beyond me. Aquilani, Allegri! Simply baffling..

"It is a shame to concede four minutes before the end - despite our poor performance we were hoping to bring home one point."

You must be willing to risk to win. Allegri is suddenly unable to.

Frustrating.

Welcome Clarence, open a thread here and introduce yourself.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
Not defensively, it is more carefully, with supplying the MF with balls, as Boss & Seedo can do it easily without shredding massive efforts; while Aqua + Prince + Urby can execute the tactics of AL easily.

i dont see this happens.. but would have to be smt like..

striker
urby-seedorf or aquilani-boateng
ambro-bommel​

but i dont see this working..
Allegri probably need to invert the triangle.. to protect hardly the defense line.

aquilani
seedorf
bommel-nocerino​

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
i dont see this happens.. but would have to be smt like..

striker
urby-seedorf or aquilani-boateng
ambro-bommel​

but i dont see this working..
Allegri probably need to invert the triangle.. to protect hardly the defense line.

aquilani
seedorf
bommel-nocerino​

Ambro can not performed well as he didn't gain fitness.

Noc I put him out as Sub for Urby/ Aqua/ Prince

Seedo he used to play DMF so with Boss beside him he would make the same roll of Pirlo.

Triangle can be done with our active MF no exhausted ones like Seedo in LCM and Noc as he is fatigue player and sames goes to Cass.

If AL entered Cass + Noc in the second half, they may perform better IMO.

Baresiuno

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
4-3-1-2 with 3 defensive midfielders is a terrible formation, especially when we don't have a REAL trequartista. Our 2 forwards have to do EVERYTHING themselves. Our opponents know that our midfielders are no threat offensively, so they don't ever bother marking them. Their defenders just gang up on Ibra/Robinho/Pato and the threat is neautralized.

Milan is not playing as a team, our defense and offence is completely disconnected. Just kicking it to Ibra/Pato/Robinho and hoping for magic is won't work. You really can tell that Ibra/Pato get frustraded when they don't get any help and no ones making any runs, grabbing markers etc.

And no fullbacks contributing in attack either. Way to easy for opponents to stop the only attacking threats: the 2 attackers.

In 2 months now we have seen a nervous, defensive minded Milan without guts and passion. In the next match its time to really attack as a team. The fullbacks have to create something, and all midfielders should contribute in attack. (van Bommel not roaming forward but should try some quick thru-passes sometimes). On corners and free-kicks also the central defenders should try to score.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
Ambro can not performed well as he didn't gain fitness.

Noc I put him out as Sub for Urby/ Aqua/ Prince

Seedo he used to play DMF so with Boss beside him he would make the same roll of Pirlo.

Triangle can be done with our active MF no exhausted ones like Seedo in LCM and Noc as he is fatigue player and sames goes to Cass.

If AL entered Cass + Noc in the second half, they may perform better IMO.

I think everybody is unfit on this team.. in a few months if milanlab let us.. we gonna rise it up a little in production.. Robinho will give us more dinamic on the front moving along with the strikers.. but he will be unfit when he comes back.

the 4-3-1-2 is cool for now. i dont see problems there.. problem is our coach doing nothing while pippo and aquilani were sitting in the bench.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
It still fucking hurt.
Am not talking about losing , it can happen.
We lost to Napoli & we had a draw with Barca but the signs is that we are far from being a team.
Its kinda fucked up since AL impressed me of how he managed to gel the team.
We looked like a team with plan & that didnt change even when key players were absent.
So I was all pumped up this season considering AL will build up on that road.
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO HIM IS BEYOND ME.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
I think everybody is unfit on this team.. in a few months if milanlab let us.. we gonna rise it up a little in production.. Robinho will give us more dinamic on the front moving along with the strikers.. but he will be unfit when he comes back.

the 4-3-1-2 is cool for now. i dont see problems there.. problem is our coach doing nothing while pippo and aquilani were sitting in the bench.

I don't mind playing 4-3-1-2 when our players have breaths and some energy and we have players who can run it.

In our case with Jube, our players are fatigues + lot of injuries + don't have active AMF + we have new commers from injuries and not even with full fitness (Ibra + Prince).

4-2-3-1- would grantee us at least one point if we don;t snatch a goal winner.

In addition, AL could switch the formation when he sees that Jube are in miss and disorganize, he would let Cass enter as partner to Ibra instead of Seedo + add Noc in place of Urby or Prince.

Rustamka_Ambro

Milanista 23
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ambrosini, Pirlo, Pippo Inzaghi
It still fucking hurt.
Am not talking about losing , it can happen.
We lost to Napoli & we had a draw with Barca but the signs is that we are far from being a team.
Its kinda fucked up since AL impressed me of how he managed to gel the team.
We looked like a team with plan & that didnt change even when key players were absent.
So I was all pumped up this season considering AL will build up on that road.
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO HIM IS BEYOND ME.

You could see from the post match interview that he is loosing it....

To be honest WILD I did not understand his subs... When I saw Urby coming up I just went to smoke another cigarette coz I knew this will lead to absolute shit... I was hoping he will move KPB back to support mid and moving Aqua in instead of Seedorf to support attack... His pussy'ish type of attitude to place Ambro in was horrible... With all respect to el Capitano and my favorite player he is finished like most of our midfield... You cant expect MVB to hold the midfield when we are constantly on the back feet... Pathetic performance.. To be honest I was pumped no less than you for this season and it was all trashed so far in the bin.. I am just hoping the changes are awaiting us in the game and attitude after the break and some spendings by the management over a winter transfer market..

fpsdr0p

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Seriously, this lost is still leaving a bitter taste in my mouth. Honestly I can say as a devout milan fan, it was hard seeing us lose to a team like juve. but then again, with the players we fielded it was bound to happen.

From what I saw, Bonera was actually quite competent until he moved to central defense, and then from then on it all went downhill. Ambrosini....I can't even begin to say how f**king horrible he was, and nowadays every time I see him on the pitch it just pisses me off. Boateng needs to be benched and I just can't see why Al is even considering keeping him on the pitch. Were playing a goddamn 4-3-1-2 as Boateng as a treq. and all he does is drift out wide all the damn time canceling himself as an option in the middle.

But the one person who I solely shoulder the blame on is Allegri. I'm pretty sure by the time it was half-time every milan fan knew he was playing for a draw, and that in itself just ticks me off. IDK if it's me, but IMO this game showed Al's lack of bite. We're the goddamn reigning champs of Serie A and we were playing for a freaking draw instead of aiming for the three points.

p.s. get rid of Urby. That boy brings absolutely nothing to the team. Endless running, but seriously...we don't need another headless chicken at milan.

Last edited:

SENSACION7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
... 4-2-3-1- would grantee us at least one point if we don;t snatch a goal winner.
In addition, AL could switch the formation when he sees that Jube are in miss and disorganize, he would let Cass enter as partner to Ibra instead of Seedo + add Noc in place of Urby or Prince.

I don't think Alegri is allowed to switch the formation. He attempted to do this in one of the champs lg game, Quickly Galliani said that . . .

" claims that the club would field only one striker against the Catalan side, following the absence of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Robinho and Pippo Inzaghi through injury. Our history is 4-3-1-2. We've always played with two strikers and we'll play in that way this evening. Therefore, Antonio Cassano will be on the pitch," the vice-president told Sky Italia. "

I think a change is needed, and Alegri should have matured more as a maneger, but things are processional. . .

AC AZZA

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso,Maldini,Pirlo,Inzaghi,Kaka
srsly the worst milan game i have ever witnessed.

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
finally got to watch this game....couldn't believe how it ended

ambro as a sub when we needed to score? didn't make one bit of sense to me...should have put pippo in!!!!

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore