Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Rose hype begins what's wrong in trading rose for love :conf:

Spurs opening at Cleveland fuck Adam silver. Pop please sit the starting and second team

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Rose hype begins what's wrong in trading rose for love :conf:

Spurs opening at Cleveland fuck Adam silver. Pop please sit the starting and second team
In theory I agree with you

Except problem is chi has 4 starting quality bigs and no pg lol

Not to mention rose is Chicagos local son. It'd be mutiny

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Yay a point guard winning a MVP. NBA should be slapped what cock was that.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
There's a chance NYK will start a lineup where Melo is the best defender

Truly impressive :D

Zen master

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir

dying of laugher

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
A question for Ashish: How much do you love Boris Diaw

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
BtxR0TzCYAANqnk.jpg:large

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
How's Paul George's leg w the bone sticking out?

Fucks sakes... brutal.

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
FUUUUUUUUUCK.

Feel so bad for PG. Pacers are screwed this year.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Feel for PG.

The worst part of that Paul George injury. It was a full effort defensive play. What every coach loves and what makes him great. Not fair

Like that was a play only a handful of people can or even try to make. And a piece of equipment just wrong place, wrong time

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
That hurt to watch, shit....
That leg is fucked...

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
Feel shitty for PG, hope he gets better soon. Indiana don't deserve him and he don't deserve this shitty injury.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Tim S. Grover @ATTACKATHLETICS · 29m
Probable Paul George timetable: 3-4 months:cast. Walk: 6mos. Run: 9mos. Plyo:11mos. Bball activities: 12mos. Mental return? No timetable.

Grover is famous trainer...worked /w MJ, Wade, Kobe.

The silver lining is bones breaking>tendon tears. It's just a long road. But much less chance of complication of decline in terms of athleticism/mobility.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Too bad. The best perimeter defender in the league imo. I hope he will come back soon.

He's up there. He's a monster on D and a good offensive player.

What's F'd is i was texting my close friend about him 2-5 mins before he tore it. Playing that hypothetical would you trade Klay and Iguodala for PG game

BuAN3ZPCMAAVJPb.jpg:large

The Black Pearl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I would trade klay and iggy for pg who is 24 years old. Iggy isnt so young anymore. Pg is great, among the best defensivley and very good in offense, just like u said. But on the other hand gsw have barnescas well. Maybe i need to think that trade some more lol. Awful injury i was shocked when i saw it.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
PG for Klay and Iggy isn't a good deal. I take PG over both players individually but unless another decent piece goes to Golden State, I wouldn't pull the trigger.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
PG for Klay and Iggy isn't a good deal. I take PG over both players individually but unless another decent piece goes to Golden State, I wouldn't pull the trigger.

i mean it's that total hypothetical discussed amount friends.

You could say GSW having Barnes (who' been at best inconsistent), Draymond Green (Savior/hero), Shaun Livingston and Brandon Rush (who is he plays anything like he did pre-injury is possibnly our best bench wing) have more than enough wing depth to cover a 2 for 1 trade.

Weirdly PG is the youngest player of the 3, even if it's only by 3 months v. klay

-

It's all moot, but consistent PG and Iguodala are hands down league's best defensive wings. Both are closest things i've seen to Pippen in terms of versitility and ability.

when motivated LBJ is in that category, but considering load he carried last 2 years on offense yeah.

Obviously Butler, Tony Allen, Deng, Kawhi and others are great too. But i would say outside Kawhi (who might be PG/Iguodala level defensively)they are a little more limited

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whats your starting five + 2 man rotation senatore?

Does shaun spare curry from all the ball handling responsibilities ?

Do you have any other alternative than Lee at 4?

Barnes seems like a bust Now

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
By the way, i wish i could find complete sequence to this play but i can't. It shows 2 things to me....

1. Why Curry is probably 3rd best offensive impact in nba and 2. Why he isn't.

Curry was killing indy till they searched George onto him. George's size, speed and defensive instincts rendered curry shut down because he's a good 6-7 inches taller and longer.

HOWEVER... they HAD to put George on him cause no point an guard curry.

This forced George hill (a great defender but still 6ft2) to guarD Klay thompson. Klay took him to town because of size edge.

Curry can embarass a lot of people bigger than him and damn good defenders. Shawn Marion etc. BUT he still does have legit size limitations, stuff you wouldn't see be an issue for LBj, Kobe and wings who you can't really deny a look cause of their size/strength.

That's why i put curry in Nash category of he could theoretically be best player on a title team or atleast driving force, but he can't really be only one cause of physical limitations. He can't do what lbj or dirk or someone can. He sort of needs to be a 1a w/ a 1b.

-

In a sense i get why GSW didn't trade Klay but not giving upo Klay for Love is also stupid cause Love could potentially be the 1a/b guy with him and form the core of a title contender for years to come.

At same time....you o that you're stuck. And not doing it gave GSW options over next year to make a move.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Whats your starting five + 2 man rotation senatore?

Does shaun spare curry from all the ball handling responsibilities ?

Do you have any other alternative than Lee at 4?

Barnes seems like a bust Now

I'm optimistic in a new system Barnes will find a level of production. What that level is, im not sure (is he just a nice 15-20 minute bench player? Is he more? We'll see)

-

Rotation will likely go like this when healthy minute distribution wise (give or take):

Curry- 35 mpg
Klay- 34 mpg,
Iguodala- 32 mpg
Lee- 30 mpg
Bogut- 26 mpg

(Bogut will be on a leash to stay healthy for playoffs.)
-

Livingston will get probably 21 or so mpg, he'll spell curry and because of his size/versitility will play SOME next to him). He is 6ft7 w/ a 6ft11 wingspan and started at SG in brooklyn.

Draymond Green will see backup PF mins, where i prefer him. He was a big reason GSw almost beat clippers. in 4 games he started he really got to blake. in 3 games Lee guarded Griffin, 27.7 ppg, 61.6%, in 4 games draymond did, 20 ppg, 46.4%.

Lee will pop to C for some mins w/ Draymond at 4 in a small ball lineup v. smaller back up units.

Festus Ezeli is back and will give us 10-15 mpg at back up C. Solid defensive player. Limited otherwise. If he expangs game we'll see more of him but i'm not hopeful.

Barnes will eat back upwing mins w/ potentially rush depending on how he looks too.

my guess is bench distribution will be:

Livingston- 21mpg,
Barnes- 22 mpg
Draymond- 26 mpg
Festus- 14 mpg

Rush- 3 and D potential depending how his knee is now.

-

I like our depth, but Kerr and co. need to mix and match better than jackson. We lost SO MANY GAMES by bad substitution patters. I can't even begin. We had worst bench +/- and he never though to use lee or klay w/ them like say how spurs use manu or someone more talented to help second unit.

We are thin upfront imo because of Bogut's concenrs

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
what about playoffs? are you guys going to play david lee for 30 minutes :lol:

If somebody put a bigger guard on curry can klay offset currys offense? maybe iggy can be better as an attacker

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
what about playoffs? are you guys going to play david lee for 30 minutes :lol:

If somebody put a bigger guard on curry can klay offset currys offense? maybe iggy can be better as an attacker

i wouldn't mind it to be honest.

I wrote some stuff on how we need to move Lee to 6th man ala manu for 2 seasons.

1. Age is slowly setting in. He is in great shape b ut wear and tear os eason, 36 mpg is not possible way it was 2 years ago.

bigger reason:
2. He's ONLY guy on GSW who doesn't take a complete f'n nose dive efficiency wise w/o Curry. Everyone else is fodder w/o Steph setting them up. He gets his points at same pace w/ or w/o steph.

-

Iggy and SDot can handle and attack. Klay si improving.

The idea is more ball movement and getting ball out of Curry's hands like Gentry did w/ Nash and CP3. Basically make us less predictable

here's a good look at basis of kerr's offense from summer league:

I liked most of it, except for big's shooting

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i wouldn't mind it to be honest.

I wrote some stuff on how we need to move Lee to 6th man ala manu for 2 seasons.

1. Age is slowly setting in. He is in great shape b ut wear and tear os eason, 36 mpg is not possible way it was 2 years ago.

bigger reason:
2. He's ONLY guy on GSW who doesn't take a complete f'n nose dive efficiency wise w/o Curry. Everyone else is fodder w/o Steph setting them up. He gets his points at same pace w/ or w/o steph.

-

Iggy and SDot can handle and attack. Klay si improving.

The idea is more ball movement and getting ball out of Curry's hands like Gentry did w/ Nash and CP3. Basically make us less predictable

here's a good look at basis of kerr's offense from summer league:

I liked most of it, except for big's shooting

Irony :lol: why wouldnt anybody trade for Love? :eek:

nice video

Schedule