Official: Andre Miguel Valente da Silva Thread

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
People are very impatient with him because the expectations and the hype were way too high. He is no pato or balotelli in their respective ages but come on and have some paitence to judge.

The problems are the same since he joined us though. His achievements against small EL opponents covered it up a bit which probably was bad for his development.

I do have patience but he has to develop. The moment he starts dribbling against a decent opponent you know you can flush the attack down the toilet, and thats not even all he does wrong.

Luckily the hype died down, it was completely over the top last year.

Maybe Gattuso should forbid him to use any skill in training to get his game up or so.

Last edited:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He literally got 10mins of playing time

And showed the same shortcomings as always.

He deservedly only gets the minutes of a reserve but trains as much as all other players, development has to happen in training too, his playing time can´t be an excuse forever. He hardly deserves the minutes he gets from his performances.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Can’t remember the last time you actually posted something positive on this forum, do you even support Milan or do you just come on here to troll?

On the Silva matter, he needs time to adapt and playing once every 5 games for 20 minutes isnt going to help him. Calabria was shit two months ago too according to many. Andre is still young and I still believe he will make a contribution this season, whether it’s in EL or Serie A it remains to be seen.

There is a difference - Calabria had a glorious debut and a few solid performances before his downturn. He was also switched on the flanks constantly.

Andre Silva has only scored for us against semi pro opposition and hasnt looked a complete player at all. I have no clue if he will come good or if Milan should continue to be patient but you cant blame fans when you buy a player for that amount of money and the Cristiano comments (Portugal are in good hands..he is the next) are attached....then the player doesnt perform.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The problems are the same since he joined us though. His achievements against small EL opponents covered it up a bit which probably was bad for his development.

I do have patience but he has to develop. The moment he starts dribbling against a decent opponent you know you can flush the attack down the toilet, and thats not even all he does wrong.

Luckily the hype died down, it was completely over the top last year.

Maybe Gattuso should forbid him to use any skill in training to get his game up or so.

He doesn't seem to know what he wants to do when he gets the ball, it always seems rushed or panicked. He isn't comfortable taking on defenders in Serie A.

I think Andre Silva can still be good, but I just don't know if we can provide him with that environment to thrive when the rest of the team is still barely figuring themselves out.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
I think he needs to be loaned out.

Its safe to assume he hasn't impressed in training.

There's really nothing to gain by criticising him because he barely gets to play.

Remember, Suso was not impressing anyone before his spell at Genoa....now he's arguably one of the top 10 players in the league.

We need to support him and hope that he comes good.

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
silva is going to explode in his second season, his style of play and construction is so similar to morata

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I'd rather have Niang than him... and I really really don't like Niang.

Loan him somewhere ples.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
silva is going to explode in his second season, his style of play and construction is so similar to morata

I was laughing at the first part, but the second part makes me suspect this is clever irony.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So the guy hasn't played for half a season and now that he got some playing time people are shocked he is shaky. right?

Also worth noting that Kalinic needed half a season to start looking semi solid.

RnB. :facepalm:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So the guy hasn't played for half a season and now that he got some playing time people are shocked he is shaky. right?

Also worth noting that Kalinic needed half a season to start looking semi solid.

It’s him or Kalinic? Like we couldn’t have wanted Cutrone instead of either one?

Maybe reason he hasn’t play is because he’s shit. From reading to the game to touches on the pitch, he’s been mostly pitiful in all of his appearances.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ok, I give up. Milan will never develop a young player. :proud:

And please don't mention Crutone.
As soon as his form drops people will proclaim he isn't good enough and that he should be sold.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gosh with our toxic fanbase no wonder we lose out on young players like aubameyang. Fuck sake give him a chance. Him and Cutrone should start games this season in the league. CL hope is over and we should get EL by finishing 7th, so why not?

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Because Killa has scored 5 goals!

Tbh, he wasn't great today. He wasn't awful, and the level he showed today is what I have come to expect from him and Kalinic.

Cutrone should start. Silva should get more chances - not playing every game, no, but some more. He should definitely start in the EL, at least.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
give our young players fucking chances :fp:, i believe cutrone and silva will be our duo in the future but people just :fp:

where was suso in his 1st season in milan???? :fp:, look at suso now hes one of the best players in this league, why dont you guys give silva chances? :fp:

this is his 1st season in italy and he is playing same level with kalinic who is 10 years older and played several years already in this league

and people should stop with IG joke, its fucking lame tbh, idk why people think its funny and repeated 1000 times in this thread, cmon you guys are better than that

so fucking toxic, its rnb for you guys :fp:

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
My boy did well but should have scored that one chance he got

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Great Instagram post after the game :thumbsup: really proud of his progress via social media .. i think CR7 is giving him great tips

unfortunately cant see him staying for long .. Real might come knocking with an offer we cant refuse

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
give our young players fucking chances :fp:, i believe cutrone and silva will be our duo in the future but people just :fp:

where was suso in his 1st season in milan???? :fp:, look at suso now hes one of the best players in this league, why dont you guys give silva chances? :fp:

this is his 1st season in italy and he is playing same level with kalinic who is 10 years older and played several years already in this league

and people should stop with IG joke, its fucking lame tbh, idk why people think its funny and repeated 1000 times in this thread, cmon you guys are better than that

so fucking toxic, its rnb for you guys :fp:

-Cutrone, Silva and Kalinic played nearly the same amount of minutes so far, Kalinic has like 100' more thant he other two. He gets his chances.

-We will see about the future, but right now Kalinic is much better

-Andre Silva played 58 games for Porto, he is a work in progress but he is not a baby. He can´t compete with the experience of someone like Kalinic but you can ask more from him than from a primavera kid.

-However the hype should not become hate. He is not great but the situation could be very different in a year or so. Patience is good, being too apologetic is not in my opinion.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score

He hasnt played for half a season? Cutrone minutes played 707, Andre Silva minutes played 628.
Stop giving that stupid old excuse he hasnt played. Oh yes HE PLAYED but did nothing in that minutes. What exactly he did to start over Cutrone?

Ok, I give up. Milan will never develop a young player. :proud:

And please don't mention Crutone.
As soon as his form drops people will proclaim he isn't good enough and that he should be sold.

What a lame reasoning. Cutrone took your argument and slaped you in face with it.
Ever since the start of this season (including preseason) Cutro is improving.
And even if that happens and his form drops, you will still see him running at defenders and giving his all, because thats actually his main attribute, not his skills.
On the other hand, Silva is not improving at all.

Lol, if he keeps "improving" at this rate, he will play in Portugal 2nd league

And yeah, lets just compare our worst player so far Silva(38mil), with our best player Suso(1 mil???LOL), because why fucking not? If you want to compare him to someone, better do it with Mastour, they are at similar level SO FAR

The best option for both player and the club is to loan him somewhere (preferably Italy) and hope he improves so we can take him back later.
That would also free a space for us to sign another striker. In a year or two if we are lucky enough, Silva will be good enough for Milan and we get rid of Kalinic
I cant believe how far some of you can go to defend a player that didnt show anything so far. Niang also had talent, but he never improved any aspect of his game. You are underestimating an ability to improve as a player. Suso has it, Niang doesnt...Silva so far doesnt have it also, but i agree 6 months is not enough to test that.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
628 minutes in Europa League preliminaries against shit teams?

Cool story bro.

Funny how he didn’t compare their mins played in serie a

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Andre Silva has shown a lot more than Cutrone ever has. Sadly not at Milan tho. Do we blame Silva, the coaches, the system, ... Andre Silva’s chances in the Serie A were piss poor. But so was his performance yesterday. Cutrone & Kalinic also had these poor performances tho. I hope we can find a way to use his qualities and make him better again.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
628 minutes in Europa League preliminaries against shit teams?

Cool story bro.

Funny how he didn’t compare their mins played in serie a

Curone in Serie A - 707 min 3 goals 1 assist and much more besides that
Silva in Serie A - 626 min...

When I thought that fanboism can't get any worse on this forum, enter Andre :lol:

p.s. stop comparing him o Suso ffs. He showed a lot more potenial even in his 1st season. I saw that straight away.

p.s.s. I would still give him a chance, but after a loan first

makcoul

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
You can develop running spirit and engagement from quality players but you cannot develop quality from untalented players even if they have great willingness.
So we need Silva and we do not need Kalinic.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Lets wait till next season. See if he improves.