New transfer targets: Philippe Mexes and Marco Amelia?

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Mexes-Nesta: The Milan Partnership Of The Future?

04/22/2003. According to reports in France, Milan have joined Juventus and Liverpool in the race to sign outstanding Auxerre prospect Philippe Mexes.

The Rossoneri see him as the perfect partner for Alessandro Nesta when the great Paolo Maldini finally retires.

Both Juve and Milan have also been linked with Jaap Stam who looks ever more likely to leave Lazio.
SA Italy

---

Milan Move Likely For Amelia

04/23/2003. Young Livorno and Italy under-21 goalkeeper Marco Amelia is likely to join Milan.

"It's almost concluded, only a few details to settle," said the player, who has attracted the interest of several big clubs. "I am having a wonderful time here in Livorno and the merit in great part is of mister Donadoni and the president Spinels who have had endured confidence in me."
SA Italy

----------------------

Mexes seems like a good recruit if you ask me but i dont think he can ever reach up to Maldinis level, so we can't really call him a replacement...

the goalkeeper Amelia is unknown to me, but as you can read there are more teams after him so that must mean he is quite good

...what so you think?

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
Mexes definently! Although our centre defence is the best in the world, he'd be an asset once Maldini retires..
I hope he can play right back so we dont have to risk Simic during big matches :D

Amelia i have heard about but the powers that be have already confirmed our trio of keepers this year will be the same as next year, so i doubt Amelia will be coming here, unless we sign him and the same day loan him out to a lower Serie A club to develop, that would be good.

ferruginouz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I prefer Mexes than Stam truly and for the goalkeeper, i read this on acmilan.com, that they will not buy any goalkeeper again, and stuck with dida, abbiati and fiori....

I don't know what in their mind right now, but if they really sign Amelia, than he could be loaned to other club to develop himself.. that really logic.. :D

Reaction score
I see Mexes play every weed-end, and believe me, this little asshole will never be a Paolo Maldini.
This guy thinks he is the new Laurent Blanc, i.e. he doesn't move his ass, he is arrogant, pretentious. He can play as a libero, but he is not a decent replacement to our magnificent captain, who is still (and by far) the greatest defender (and football player) of the whole universe.

About "dont-you-think-I'm-cute ?" Mexes, I think Milan wont sign the man, 'cos Guy Roux, Auxerre's coach, hates the rossoneri and president Berlusconi, so he won't let them get one of his (supposed) great players.

Believe me or not, french championship sucks, and the time when Milan could buy some great players there is definitely over (one exception : let's buy Cissé : the man is great, and compared to him, even Serginho looks like a slow old man).

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Yvan said:
I see Mexes play every weed-end, and believe me, this little asshole will never be a Paolo Maldini.

hhehehe.. easy on the cursing.... and i think you've maybe been smoking a little too much... cause you just called a weekend a "weed-end" :D

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Ozmosis said:
Yvan said:

hhehehe.. easy on the cursing.... and i think you've maybe been smoking a little too much... cause you just called a weekend a "weed-end" :D

... which is why his vision must be blurred... :D

the auxerre coach may hate milan but money talks and i say sign mexes as long as he's available. wenger is after him, too. and he's far from being a pompous, overrated ass. out of the bunch of under 26 y.o. french national team players i'd sign cissé, rothen, pedretti and mexes on the spot.

Reaction score
Red&BlackDevils said:
we have enough defenders and we have 2 good goalkeepers and also fiori. he is good enough too. noooooo

We dont have good goalkeepers you weirdo they can do nothing with a ball at there feets,we must sign Cudicini he his perfect.
and about defenders we only have 3 good defenders(Nesta,Maldini and Kaladze)we must sell Simic,Helveg,Laursen,R.Junior,Chamot because they can not play 1 touch football.
The defenders we must sign is Chivu,Trabelsi,Stam,Salgado.
And that is the truth.

The greatest MILAN FAN of all times

Reaction score
*rossonera* said:
Ozmosis said:
Yvan said:
Who the FUCK is Mexes

... which is why his vision must be blurred... :D

the auxerre coach may hate milan but money talks and i say sign mexes as long as he's available. wenger is after him, too. and he's far from being a pompous, overrated ass. out of the bunch of under 26 y.o. french national team players i'd sign cissé, rothen, pedretti and mexes on the spot.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Mexes is class and furthermore as a defender he knows where to go......south like Thuram, not north like Frank "The Beef" (Lebeouf).

Schedule