Mattia De Sciglio Thread

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Well, to be fair, Abate is more exposed to big games, playing at CL level and now at the Euros, so its normal than Abate would be better than De Sciglio, but in terms of potential, I think De Sciglio has something more in him, he is more athletic, he is better going forward, but he is still raw, and needs some exposure before he can become something good, you never know in football, a great talent can lose it all while an average one can reach far.

At the moment, Abate is clearly ahead of De Sciglio, and by miles, but I hope that De Sc. would get his chances in the future.

Agree!!! We shouldn't put more pressure in him, sciglio only 20 years old. He has enormous potential but he needs time, need to earn experience in high level. I bellieve he has great caree in ahead but now he need to learn and plays!!!

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
And 'to frame a 2012, so far, that of De Mattia Sciglio. The Rossoneri defender, after the debut in Serie A and in the derby has also had the joy of wearing, for the first time, the under-21 national team in one of the last races of the course of Ciro Ferrara. Yesterday, Devis Eat, has named the squad for the friendly against Holland will play the azure. And there is Matthias. But not for its demerits but because, according to reports collected exclusively by MilanNews.it , is coming to receive the call by Cesare Prandelli for the senior squad for the friendly that the vice champions of Europe playing in August against England in Switzerland. The rumors are persistent and have been confirmed in several areas both federal Rossoneri. Expect only the trappings of officialdom for a success that belongs to all those who have believed in since the days of Matthew Spring.

As I said before, the kid had potential but he has to beat Abate for the position. He made two mistakes against Madrid so now he is scrap and nowhere near Abate who is wc?

kristpdr

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo Maradona Maldini Baresi Baggio Cafu
I think that the rising of De sciglio will be beneficial for both of Abate and him- Abate will see that he's not guaranteed the first spot and take it more seriously, and De Sciglio we'll see he has the potential to break up in the first team and try harder. How things will turn depends on them :)

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've got so many questions about this guy... Many things about him I didn't figured yet.

Can't see based on what people already jumped into conclusions about him.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I've got so many questions about this guy... Many things about him I didn't figured yet.

Can't see based on what people already jumped into conclusions about him.

We should just let him grow gradually. For me personally, if he could be first choice for RB position, it would be great for him. I know he takes number 2 but it should mean nothing in nowadays football since number is now not that important like before.

DeSciglio is only 19 yo (almost 20), so he is still very young and have many rooms for improvement. He got only 5 games last year with senior team so if he could get 10-15 games in the coming season that would be cool.

We fans can only see from the games but not the coaches. Like many other coaches in Serie A, Allegri is known also not that easy to believe in young players but he trusted De Sciglio even as starters in Serie A for important matches. I will put my hope with Allegri's faith on him and let the boy develop his game naturally.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Abate and de sciglio both need to modernise and get up the field as much as possible. against real madrid coentrao and ronaldo were doubling up on them so they couldn't break out of their own half. In theory, flamini should have provided cover for abate and marked ronaldo which would have given abate a chance to get in behind coentrao but instead we had absolutely no width in the game. This obviously highlights milans main problem which we've had for years: 3 CM'd who can't defend, can't attack, keep possession, provide width or do anything else that i can think of now. I think abate could be a really great player if the right system were provided for him. At the euros when the italian midfield was soo good in possession, he was able to get foreward lots and was a major weapon. I don't buy into the belief that he's bad at the delivery. Its not always about the deep cross into the back post, if your runs good enough a short square ball can also be very effective, theo walcott uses it a lot. de sciglio is a great prospect, I can't believe people are already loosing faith because of this game. The fullbacks also had the hardest job of anyone on the team. More fingers should be pointed at KPB and cassano who couldn't hold the ball up for 5 seconds for the whole defence to push up and take the game further away from our goal.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Abate and de sciglio both need to modernise and get up the field as much as possible. against real madrid coentrao and ronaldo were doubling up on them so they couldn't break out of their own half. In theory, flamini should have provided cover for abate and marked ronaldo which would have given abate a chance to get in behind coentrao but instead we had absolutely no width in the game. This obviously highlights milans main problem which we've had for years: 3 CM'd who can't defend, can't attack, keep possession, provide width or do anything else that i can think of now. I think abate could be a really great player if the right system were provided for him. At the euros when the italian midfield was soo good in possession, he was able to get foreward lots and was a major weapon. I don't buy into the belief that he's bad at the delivery. Its not always about the deep cross into the back post, if your runs good enough a short square ball can also be very effective, theo walcott uses it a lot. de sciglio is a great prospect, I can't believe people are already loosing faith because of this game. The fullbacks also had the hardest job of anyone on the team. More fingers should be pointed at KPB and cassano who couldn't hold the ball up for 5 seconds for the whole defence to push up and take the game further away from our goal.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

khuyag

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Кака, Maldini, Nesta, Ronaldo, Beckham
He is in Cesare Prandelli's squad for the friendly vs England :eek:

milanista1899

Solo Milan
Reaction score
With the recent rant from Galliani,I hope Allegri doesn get all insecure and starts using the youngsters less....I hope he has the trust of our management...

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
:thumbsup: Would be great experience for our youngsters!

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Glad to see he, Acerbi, Nocerino and El Shaarawy were called up :thumbsup:

Looks like Prandelli's looking towards the future, truly a wise move from a great manager who's learning from his mistakes.

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Glad to see he, Acerbi, Nocerino and El Shaarawy were called up :thumbsup:

Looks like Prandelli's looking towards the future, truly a wise move from a great manager who's learning from his mistakes.

Prandelli judges sciglio very high! With this award sciglio needs to hard work, and keep concentration to learn and improve

khuyag

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Кака, Maldini, Nesta, Ronaldo, Beckham
Abate needs to worry for his place in National team

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
Great news that our young'ins are being called-up... Hopefully they impress..

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
its funny that Abate is wearing 2 in this squad and De Sciglio is wearing 20.

its cool that De Sciglio got a callup, hopefully he gets some minutes and plays well

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
really happe and proud: Sciglio in azzuri's jersey:
d9f63e0dbd25555172ae0e143eea9ad1-17871-1344928579.jpeg

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Still can't believe this kid being called to the Italy NT. :D

Schedule