Official Formula One thread

The-Loko

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi Maldini Sheva Batistuta Riquelme Benedetto Ginobili
Don't know if there is a general racing thread so..

Le Mans 24h tomorrow, hope López does it well :)

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
raikkonen looking like a robot on the podium.

vettel :lol:

Hannibal

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Shevchenko
For those of you that follow F1, what are your thoughts on Ricciardo going to Renault?

Dsav

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
For those of you that follow F1, what are your thoughts on Ricciardo going to Renault?

Interesting choice, not a move i would have made. I think hes hoping for a Hamilton type situation (where lewis moved to Mercedes at the right time), but i don't see it. Renault are so far behind the top 3 i cant see them contending anytime soon with the current regulations.

If it was a move for the Money, than far enough, he deserves to be paid. Has been underpaid for a while now.

SixOneFive

Long Live Don Silvio
Reaction score
Interesting choice, not a move i would have made. I think hes hoping for a Hamilton type situation (where lewis moved to Mercedes at the right time), but i don't see it. Renault are so far behind the top 3 i cant see them contending anytime soon with the current regulations.

If it was a move for the Money, than far enough, he deserves to be paid. Has been underpaid for a while now.

Exactly^

Renault's got the resources/facilities/personnel/etc to win but I just can't see it happening next year or even the year after. In fact, I can't imagine any team posing a real threat to the big 3 until the new engine regulations come into play in 2021. The gap is just too big.

Certainly sounds like money was a big factor for Ricciardo here. Plenty of reasons to doubt RB's switch to Honda for next season but plenty of reasons to doubt the Renault engine's reliability as well. I'm assuming that once Ferrari/Mercedes told him that they're not interested, the man just decided to get paid. Can't blame him for that.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
One hour left before race!! I'm so excited for this one, I love the Mexico track.

Who's watching?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
It's looking like it's finally Max time.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Shit about to go down in Jeddah, I love the track. Anyone saw the qualifiers?

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

_126452200_gettyimages-1418130112.jpg

Nice!

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
Zandvoort 1981, Enzo Ferrari asked to Gilles Villeneuve to complete the race, just complete it, because they put on the car a new engine, they never tested before.

This was the start :proud:

SFngH.gif

Last edited: