Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I can't understand how the Spurs are so strong when they boast talents such as Splitter and Boner on the bench :fp:

Gregg-popovich-thumbs-up.png

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I can't understand how the Spurs are so strong when they boast talents such as Splitter and Boner on the bench :fp:

lol. You should just say 'i cant understand basketball'

Spurs have A LOT of talent. Only major problem (minus, an injury scare) would be they do lack athleticism. However looking at teams left, dont see anyone other than lakers who might present a problem in that regard

Both those guys are good, btw. Limited skillset, but what they do, they do well, and they ALWAYS play within themselves.

IT all starts with Duncan though. Legitimately a top 5 player all time. Definitely better than Kobe. It's not even close.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
so kobe called out pau :D Kobe ... bottled two games :D

no clutch in last two games .. not a great leader :lol:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Go Spurs GO.

I can't believe it Are we getting the fifth ring for TD?

Tony-Manu-TD the best trio ever.

Spurs-Boston would be :eek:

trolling pedobears everywhere.

Spurs-OKC will be really interesting though. Complete contrasts in style.

Athleticism v. Fundamentals
Isolation v. teamwork
top talent v. depth
swag v. old man style

I might get a boner from a harden/ginobili match up. Best 2 SGs in nba. Both play like old men. So crafty.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Spurs-Boston would be :eek:

trolling pedobears everywhere.

Spurs-OKC will be really interesting though. Complete contrasts in style.

Athleticism v. Fundamentals
Isolation v. teamwork
top talent v. depth
swag v. old man style

my dream final :D

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
so kobe called out pau :D Kobe ... bottled two games :D

no clutch in last two games .. not a great leader :lol:

Kind of blame Mike Brown.

He needs to stop calling plays where Pau's 15-18 feet from the hoop.

On the flip side, you really can't play 2 players in the post offensively. Spacing sucks.

So what can you do?

I'd probably make a point to go to pau a lot more in post when Bynum's on the bench. Like literlaly every play.

Mostly I blame Kobe though. Epitome of losing bball.

Last edited:

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
Spurs Boston would be awesome, bot I love to see Heat and Lebron losing again :D

Spurs are a true team, that's why I like them. i can see a repeat of last year's OKC vs Dallas this year with Spurs replacing Dallas, but OKC have grown a lot since so It'll be 50-50.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Spurs Boston would be awesome, bot I love to see Heat and Lebron losing again :D

Spurs are a true team, that's why I like them. i can see a repeat of last year's OKC vs Dallas this year with Spurs replacing Dallas, but OKC have grown a lot since so It'll be 50-50.

to be fair. OKC is a team too.....

But when OKC has an off night, their youth shows A LOT. Lots of hero/selfishness. Lots of mental errors.

Spurs, might actually never make a mistake. It's really amazing to watch. You never see a wrong rotation or cut.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You cannot breed slave mentality in a team and expect them to rise up breaking schakles when you need. thats not the way it works .. pau is a soft guy .. and I dont like the way LA works .. no respect..
nobody criticize the elephant in the room .. shaq did and he had to leave...

but thats what make kobe great but there are some backlash ....

Heck its not my team so let me waych the implode .. i dont want big guys to face spurs in final

edt : I am very simle basket ball fan .. i some how likes spurs and respect celtics

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ical-jump-wherersquos-carter-and-kobe/page/12

Not human, MJ. Not human.

ONly the most physically gifted player ever. 6ft6, 48 inch vert. Ridiculous strength. Ugh.

Oh and he had the mental edge too.

-

Still think Magic was a better player

Actually to be fair, it's a stupid comparison. And I hate cross sport comparisons, but Magic/Jordan is literally like saying Zidane/Ronaldo in terms of 'comparing'. Almost impossible to, because what they did was so different.

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Heck its not my team so let me waych the implode .. i dont want big guys to face spurs in final

When lebron plays like he did sunday. He shows why he's hands down the best player in NBA.

problem is he needs like a slap in the face to do it.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
give lebron some of durant's mental genes and boom... perfect player. :proud:

who the fuck is kenny 'the jet' smith btw? :lol:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Kevin-Duran-Russell-Westbrook.jpg

They are sooo cool.

I don't know which is better. Westbrook, or fact Durant looks like he's in miami vice.

give lebron some of durant's mental genes and boom... perfect player. :proud:

who the fuck is kenny 'the jet' smith btw? :lol:

played for rockets with hakeem

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I like zero swag with lots of character .. bless the riverside in Texas

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I am so sad people dissing at hill schlereth show on spurs .. about epic final fail ratings :cry:

Americans need to get slapped seriously fucking blind .. how couldnt you enjoy these??
I dont even understand basketball but this is the how teams play... :eek:

I want to watch them assholes .. somebody slap this radio .. bitches

lebron vs kob no i dont want to see it

Spurs are boringly efficient.

Like, they literally play like an instructional video of 'how to play basketball'

People like to see dumb stuff in general.

I personally think west >> east, but my favs are the spurs if they keep up the form, + experience will be vital against OKC.

West is ALOT stronger than East. Has been for decades.

East has a couple quality teams, but total depth.... i mean honestly 10th place western conference team might be 4th/5th in east.

A team like houston or phoenix is better than half of eastern playoff teams.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
okc is joga bonito. spurs is english long ball i guess. :D

trying to find a inter-sport (football) comparision team for the spurs... got any suggestions senatore? :tongue:

btw, you're rite, spurs really don't make mistakes. ever. :eek:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Okc don't have five wOrld cups they are spallettis Roma .... Congo will be mad

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
okc is joga bonito. spurs is english long ball i guess. :D

trying to find a inter-sport (football) comparision team for the spurs... got any suggestions senatore? :tongue:

btw, you're rite, spurs really don't make mistakes. ever. :eek:

spurs are barcelona.

so fundamentally sound and intelligent. To a boring extent really.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

kobe has nothing on them

IbraISmyHOMEboy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic, KPB, White Duck, Binho, Filippo Inzaghi
Oklahoma City-Miami Heat finals... Thunder beat them in 5. Scott Spoelstra, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh are all gone next season for the Heat, and LeChoke is the new face of the franchise.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Oklahoma City-Miami Heat finals... Thunder beat them in 5. Scott Spoelstra, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh are all gone next season for the Heat, and LeChoke is the new face of the franchise.

They're annoying arent they?

Literally, when Lebron wants to take over a game, he does. He does more things to win than any player I've ever seen. EVER.

Scoring with ridiculous efficiency
Unstoppable to the basket
Rebounding
Passing/playmaking
Lock down D

when he kicks it into that extra gear, I mean he's really unstoppable.

But like i said, 'when we wants to'. It's weird to get into sports psychology.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/post/_/id/492/492

Incredibly interesting stuff. Know my warriors invested in such. Started with celts tho

Think of a stat within the boundaries of a game. Seriously. Any stat. Doc Rivers tried. He asked the Celtics’ stat guy, Mike Zarren, what the Celtics’ offensive efficiency was when Rajon Rondo held the ball for more than five seconds on a possession. At the time, Zarren didn’t know. Now he knows.

SportVU tracks every player movement, every pass, every shot, every touch -- everything. At this point, it tracks more information than teams know what to do with. Every executive interviewed for this article agreed they weren’t even using 10 percent of the information this system could provide. And they all agreed this is the future of advanced basketball analytics.

Here are a couple facts we learned from SportVU from this season:

* Paul Pierce averaged 4.5 assists this season, which is pretty good for a scoring wing. But that number doesn’t tell the whole story. According to SportVU, Pierce’s teammates shot a higher percentage after his passes than any other player in the NBA. This shows Pierce is passing at the right time -- he’s giving his teammates mostly layups and open shots.

* Nikola Pekovic’s breakout season was largely helped by Ricky Rubio. Pekovic made 76 percent of his field goals off Rubio passes, compared to 56.4 percent overall.

* The NBA-wide shooting percentage is significantly higher when the shooter doesn’t take any dribbles. This confirms what any basketball observer suspected: ball movement equals offensive success.

How do teams use this information? Well, that depends on the team, depends who you ask and depends what they’ll tell you.

“A lot of this stuff, because it’s brand new, they don’t want other people to figure out how they’re using it,” Kopp says. “We know they’re using it, but it varies by team. Everyone’s still figuring out the best way to use it.”

It’s competition. The executives interviewed for this story spoke slowly and cautiously, careful not to share anything with the teams trying to beat them.

A Western Conference executive said, frankly, “We know what we’re doing with it, but we don’t want other teams to know what that is.”

The potential benefits to coaches and observers is apparent, simply by taking a look at what the system can tell us about the basic areas of basketball.

Much more intelligent way of looking at things. Why wouldn't a coach want every possible biut of data they can get?

The second point is why kobe basketball is never the best ruote. He's just had 'the unfair advantage of height' for decades. Rebounding and turnovers are always best indicator of wins.

The whole point on rebounding is something I'd theorized for years, by the way. So many players have hollow stats, like David Lee. He gets 10 rebounds a game but not a meaningful one.

I think I saw something on Duncanm, which confirmed the obvious. Duncan gets more contested rebounds than any player in NBA. IE, anyone can get a rebound on a miss in 1st when no one is going for it. True measure is the guy who gets the contested ones.

Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
* Paul Pierce averaged 4.5 assists this season, which is pretty good for a scoring wing. But that number doesn’t tell the whole story. According to SportVU, Pierce’s teammates shot a higher percentage after his passes than any other player in the NBA. This shows Pierce is passing at the right time -- he’s giving his teammates mostly layups and open shots.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

great stat

IbraISmyHOMEboy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic, KPB, White Duck, Binho, Filippo Inzaghi
They're annoying arent they?

Literally, when Lebron wants to take over a game, he does. He does more things to win than any player I've ever seen. EVER.

Scoring with ridiculous efficiency
Unstoppable to the basket
Rebounding
Passing/playmaking
Lock down D

when he kicks it into that extra gear, I mean he's really unstoppable.

But like i said, 'when we wants to'. It's weird to get into sports psychology.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to psychology. IMO, he really fucked up his head with his One-Hour Decision Special, and he's still trying to shake that feeling. He probably won't until he wins a ring.

I'm from Ohio, so of course I have hate for him, but it's more for the decision, than him actually leaving. Is he the best athlete in the NBA? Absolutely. Is he the smartest? Not even close.

Schedule