Quarter Final: Brazil 1 - 2 Belgium; 06.07.2018 19:00 CET

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
throughout history brazil's style made them a likable team, but after the kaka/dinho generation retired I feel like their likability faded

they went from dinho scoring goals while smiling and dancing to neymar being a smug little shit, diving and bitching at the ref all game long

This is completely true.

Couldn't have put it better.

Brazil effectively became dull, unlikeable shit after failing in 2006.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Neymar is anything but overrated. He has a very healthy World Cup scoring record unlike Messi. He dives and complains and bitches and is a cunt in general. But overrated? Fuck no. He has more skill in his little toe than some of his rivals have in their whole body.

I don't understand why he gets pushed around so easily, though. Messi is smaller than him and doesn't fall over nearly as much. Half of it is him looking for the ref to help out and half of it is him not having the insane balance Messi has I think.

Also true. I think Neymar has too much pressure on his shoulders...it's sort of the Messi situation.
Neymar is an amazing performer that's closing in on Pele's record....but he often thinks that he has to do everything on his own.
He almost did were it not for Courtois' save and him trying to actually score and not get a lifeline from the ref.

it's because he chooses to fall. i think he'd be a better player if he actually tried to keep playing the ball through contact and stopped acting as if every hand a defender puts on him is a vulcan nerve pinch

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
For example, the dive at the end.

If he hadn't dived, he would have probably even got a decent strike on it.

Instead, he dived, and Tite continues his Forrest Gump-esque run through memery

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
lmao at neymar

what a shit world cup performance by him, all he did was dive and whine

and 2 shit tap in goals

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
lmao at neymar

what a shit world cup performance by him, all he did was dive and whine

and 2 shit tap in goals

should have been booked for that blatant simulation to win a penalty

pathetic

tried to do it again too towards the end

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
i think a yellow for diving would have suspended neymar from the semi final and the ref didn't feel like dealing with twitter death threats :lol:

but simulations, especially those in the box should be yellows. that's the only way to scare players into not attempting them

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
He got hit.

Of course he didn't get hit with a BAT from Neagan but he did get hit.
What he needs to do is do what the real champs like CR7 and Messi do....POWER through it. And it's not like he can't.

CR7 used to dive and fall a lot all the time until SAF beat it out of him using Ferdinand.
Neymar should immediately transfer to Milan to receive some tough love from Gattuso....because at the end of the day....it's still love :proud:

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I would give out yellows even after the game. Would they be able to review blatant dives that officials did not catch during the match and then hand out punishment afterwards?? Why not?? That would pretty much eliminate those blatant attempts at diving and would shame the players doing it even more.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
There are people defending Neymar? That man is half footballer, half scuba diver and it's the exact reason why people dislike him and in extension the teams he represents.

His talent is undeniable but it doesn't change that he's a cheater and let's not forget his constant crying and super softness. If diving was properly sanctioned, Neymar would be suspended more often than Paletta.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Neygoat is a phenomenal player. Obviously didn't show his full potential at this WC coming in off an injury with no playtime, but still continued his amazing goalscoring record. I for one am sad to see Brazil's future GOAT eliminated, but he is only 26 and will come into 2022 more mature.

The margin between Brazil and Belgium last night was Fernandinho scoring that own goal and Thiago Silva missing from 2 metres out. Brazil played well in that second half and created numerous opportunities, including great contributions from Neygoat which will get overlooked because he has so many haters wishing on him to fail. Belgium's best players were big game KDB, Fellaini and Hazard falling over.

Inshallah Mbappe will avenge his mentor Neygoat and slaughter this bald fraud's EPL fantasy team to pieces.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
fuck neymar. he is a filthy animal. Hope he loses in evey tournament he enters.

belgium will win the title anyway.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Neymar bores me.. I don't see why he is so polarizing. He is clearly not amazing, and he's clearly not shit. He's a pretty good player who's under intense pressure by media and fans who desperately want him to be the next big thing - and therefore he constantly does silly things on the pitch.

His marketing trajectory is not going anywhere near as exponential as Messi's or Cristiano's - so I'm also skeptical about his club career taking off much from this point. If Cristiano leaves Madrid, he might still sneak a move there, but I completely expect Mbappe to be the marketing GOAT of this generation. Will eclipse Neymar in no time.

Last edited:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Fellaini could handle Neykid, but handling Mbappé will be very different

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
1530936170341.jpg

1530944996877.jpg

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Only one minute in last game?

:balo2:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
I don't understand why he gets pushed around so easily, though. Messi is smaller than him and doesn't fall over nearly as much.

Messi has lower gravity center, more weight and is more bulked up. His body type makes him pretty hard to take down.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I would give out yellows even after the game. Would they be able to review blatant dives that officials did not catch during the match and then hand out punishment afterwards?? Why not?? That would pretty much eliminate those blatant attempts at diving and would shame the players doing it even more.

tell me about it. i really don't understand why they don't do this. its common sense. :fp:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Messi has lower gravity center, more weight and is more bulked up. His body type makes him pretty hard to take down.

Messi isn’t a diving bitch, he gets fouled left and right but he always tries to stay up.. while for neymar, well we all saw it this summer

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Messi dives too but nowhere near to the extent Neymar does. I'd say some top players dive in part to protect themselves from injuries while people like Neymar completely overdo it and obviously use it as a cheating tactic.