Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I like the jerseys though.

Grown on me already. I'll buy one in a color other than Yellow

yellow doen't suit my skin complexion :o

Yellow rarely suits anyone, just so hard to pull, and even those that have the skin complexion for it have it hard cause its a fine line between looking good and looking like a chicken or egg.

There's blue ones? Or white ones?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
tumblr_lam2s6UDWL1qdubemo1_500.gif

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
And the potential number one pic just tore his knee up v Florida on a chase down block.

Looked drose esque

Get better nerlens

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Kobe is trying to not take a shot for the entire first half :lol: just taking the piss, hes throwing alley oops and no look passes everywhere, looks like school training

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Good first half

good game.

57-56 houston now, but it's been back and forth.

NBAtv game of night :o

Harden is a fucking foul monger. such a Manu ginobili wannabe w/ arm flailing/gflopping
Kobe is trying to not take a shot for the entire first half :lol: just taking the piss, hes throwing alley oops and no look passes everywhere, looks like school training

Phoenix is garbage

But surprise surprise, they are better when kobe doesn't shoot

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Lebron is clearly playing for stats right now.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

I love how russell really has no time for this bullshit

Lebron is clearly playing for stats right now.

:lol:

they haven't lost during this streak. He is the most unselfish player in nba.

He's best team basketball player I've ever seen. ALL TIME. his decision making is off the charts.

The one criticism i had of him in the past, is kind of not knowing when to score or pass. Basically when to take over. he has a perfect understanding now.

I don';t understand how you say he's playing for stats. He's making everything. He's incredibly hot.

He's making 56% from field. Something jordan never did. Approximately 10% higher than Kobe's career. and it's not all dunks. He's 42% from 3 point range.

Take a look at his shooting chart. Only 35% of his shots come at the rim. He's making from everywhere. While playing PG and leading team in rebounds and being defensive captain.

If you've EVER watched Lebron live.... He calls out EVERY play the other team runs. His IQ is off the charts.

Listen to Coach K and Spoelstra. Both of them say they give Lebron an extra-long scouting report on every opinion (approximately 5 pages longer than every player) because he's expected to know every position and captain the defense.

Only other guy who captains a defense like him is KG.

There's not a question in my mind, Lebron at his best> any player ever. He's simply unguardable.

Oh any during this stretch...6.5 apg, 7 rpg.

-

Again, the only player who lebron deserves comparison to is MJ. They are in a planet of their own. And for my money, I take Lebron every day, cause he makes everyone else better. He's just entered his prime

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
It's ridiculous people here don't bow down to him.

He's on a different planet from anyone in the NBA. Durant is close.... but not tHAT close

It goes..

lebron
Durant

cp3/rest

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Playing for stats?

LOL

if he played for stats he'd average 40+ ppg.

He plays completely for team. Makes right decision, always gets his team best shot, be it him or someone else. Rarely wastes a posession

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I would of like him more if he wasn't shove down our throats from his high school days till now. He was in high school and ESPN was televising his match which is crazy. Also, NBA analyst tend to over-exaggerate about him like being able to guard 5 position and guarding the best player every night which is simply not true.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
MJ = best

planet of his own

then comes lebron, garnett, magic johnson, bird etc.

yes garnett is awesome :o

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I would of like him more if he wasn't shove down our throats from his high school days till now. He was in high school and ESPN was televising his match which is crazy. Also, NBA analyst tend to over-exaggerate about him like being able to guard 5 position and guarding the best player every night which is simply not true.

That's today's media though. And you know it

it has it's negative side w/ the scrutinization too. Keep in mind, Jordan didn't win a title till he was 27 also, and had numerous failures along the way, despite having good teams the 2-3 years previous to winning. (first few years are very comparable to lebron's first few where it was just a 1 man show)

-

So I try to kind of ignore that stuff.... it's media. It's not his fault. If you look at what he's done in a vaccuum disregarding espn and co. you'll be impressed

MJ = best

planet of his own

then comes lebron, garnett, magic johnson, bird etc.

yes garnett is awesome :o

I can't put lebron above mj in terms of legacy. That's a given.

I can say, Lebron is playing every bit at as good if not surpassing the level jordan played during his title years though.

If he ends up racking up 4-6 rings he'll deserve every bit the comparison.

--

Having watched both in their primes, I can safely say, Lebron's the better team player.

They are almost identical but Lebron is simply bigger, faster, stronger.

MJ was more of a soloist, but a damn near effective one. Lebron is definitely more of a team player.

-

In the end of the day, best way to describe lebron is he's a hybrid of MJ and Magic (scoring machine/unstoppable athleticism game mixed with unselfish playmaker/team player who makes everything go) with just better physical tools.

And the defense man....

Though MJ's defense was every bit as good positionally, lebron's Karl Malone body-size with puma speed/reflexes allows him to guard anywhere

Last edited:

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Miami are not that dominating despite Lebron's tally. they are also grinding out games in final quarter when Wade is also contributing a lot. So Lebron's FG percentage, assists rebounds... its all nice to see for statboys, but in the end doesnt translate to Miami being a force. They'd never have a 70+ victories in a season.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
So to redman, i get what you're saying

he needs to win more to have a legacy comparable to MJ.

but to say he's not playing at that level, which is a truly elite, transcendent one. And doing things unseen before, is unfair. He just has to do it longer to really get the 'lifetime comparsion'

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Miami are not that dominating despite Lebron's tally. they are also grinding out games in final quarter when Wade is also contributing a lot. So Lebron's FG percentage, assists rebounds... its all nice to see for statboys, but in the end doesnt translate to Miami being a force. They'd never have a 70+ victories in a season.

thats cause their team is worse.

Jordan had grant and then rodman.

Both those guys did all the dirty work. Rodman played great D and got like 18 rebounds a game (unheard of outside russell).

Horace grant was elite post defender and great rebounder.

Miami has bosh who gets LESS rebounds than Lebron. Think about that. Nothing inside.

-

You see if you actually go back and look at mj's 70 win season, he had a lot of games where he shot poorlY (that happens with everyone) but they grinded so many wins cause they owned the glass, and played D).

Miami is so unsized.

-

If Bosh was swapped for chandler or Joakim Noah or something (much more limited offensive player but much better on D and rebounding, they'd be a much better team.

-

and I love bosh, but he's kind of... redundant (another scorer)

-

In chicago's prime, you had MJ, who was best scorer, Pippen was probablyu most versitile player in NBA and mr. triple double, and inside men who controlled the paint.

Miami doesn't have that balance, they require Lebron do a lot of things MJ didn't have to

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Current Lebron and 07 and 08 Kobe are the closest I have seen to MJ but MJ still have something over them. On talent alone, they match and maybe even surpass him. There are even aspects of the game where they are even better but MJ had that extra intangible. MJ is 6 for 6 in the nba finals. Can't say the same for Kobe and Lebron. In fact, they have had more disappointing performances than good ones. MJ never quit on his team like both had done before in the past. This is why I can't or will ever take either of them over MJ. Top 10 players for sure. Lebron is top 5.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So to redman, i get what you're saying

he needs to win more to have a legacy comparable to MJ.

but to say he's not playing at that level, which is a truly elite, transcendent one. And doing things unseen before, is unfair. He just has to do it longer to really get the 'lifetime comparsion'

I agree

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
current lebron and 07 and 08 kobe are the closest i have seen to mj but mj still have something over them. On talent alone, they match and maybe even surpass him. There are even aspects of the game where they are even better but mj had that extra intangible. Mj is 6 for 6 in the nba finals. Can't say the same for kobe and lebron. In fact, they have had more disappointing performances than good ones. Mj never quit on his team like both had done before in the past. This is why i can't or will ever take either of them over mj. Top 10 players for sure. Lebron is top 5.

+100000000000000

Disagree on the Miami/Chicago comarison. Miami has the big three. Chicago didn't have three allstars, three US basketball team players. And Miami has more depth imo.

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Current Lebron and 07 and 08 Kobe are the closest I have seen to MJ but MJ still have something over them. On talent alone, they match and maybe even surpass him. There are even aspects of the game where they are even better but MJ had that extra intangible. MJ is 6 for 6 in the nba finals. Can't say the same for Kobe and Lebron. In fact, they have had more disappointing performances than good ones. MJ never quit on his team like both had done before in the past. This is why I can't or will ever take either of them over MJ. Top 10 players for sure. Lebron is top 5.

I don't like the finals comparison

MJ was 6/17 in finals as far as i'm concerned

didn't make finals 11 times. The times he did, his team was far superior.

That's the nature of the beast

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't like the finals comparison

MJ was 6/17 in finals as far as i'm concerned

didn't make finals 11 times. The times he did, his team was far superior.

That's the nature of the beast

Nba finals is the biggest stage in the nba. Jordan never choke on that stage is all I'm saying.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
+100000000000000

Disagree on the Miami/Chicago comarison. Miami has the big three. Chicago didn't have three allstars, three US basketball team players. And Miami has more depth imo.

Rodman and grant were all stars to be far. Much better defensively and rebounding than bosh. Miami does have more weapons off the bench but kukoc was an Allstar caliber player in his own right. I take him over anyone on Miami bench.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Rodman and grant were all stars to be far. Much better defensively and rebounding than bosh. Miami does have more weapons off the bench but kukoc was an Allstar caliber player in his own right. I take him over anyone on Miami bench.

exactly

the idea bosh>rodman is silly

bosh is better than rodman if you need scoring

miami needs ZERO scoring. They need other things.

-

Swapping either wade or bosh for defense/rebounding.... specifically big man rebounding would make them better

For ex. Chandler and Marc Gasol are both ranked top 15 in terms of positive impact on a team +/-, even though they don't score much. They make team so much better. Chandler allows melo to do his thing so much more without liabilities.

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
exactly

the idea bosh>rodman is silly

bosh is better than rodman if you need scoring

miami needs ZERO scoring. They need other things.

-

Swapping either wade or bosh for defense/rebounding.... specifically big man rebounding would make them better

For ex. Chandler and Marc Gasol are both ranked top 15 in terms of positive impact on a team +/-, even though they don't score much. They make team so much better. Chandler allows melo to do his thing so much more without liabilities.
Rodman was capable of at least 18 rebounds a night. Give Miami that right now they probably win 70+

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Hey euroleague followers.

Anyone wanna tell me about Ognjen Kuzmić, 7ft1 bosnian Center playing in spain for juventud???

Warriors drafted him last year. I heard he's having a good year. Numbers look solid.

Hear he's similar to Thiago Splitter but then again I've heard from multiple scouts he's soft

Schedule