Livorno - Milan on 23/01

Vincent Gallo

Beginner
Reaction score
We're 5 points behind the Juventus, but good news! Nedved will be absent for 3 weeks..

Vikash is the best!

NeSTa_86

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
|*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|
Ohhhhhhhhhhh why????:((
I think that we are the best in the world but we have one very big disappointment and it is ....................we can't play well again teams like livorno,chievo and udine;((((((((
I think that AC Milan have to try to play against palermo like they play against juve :mad:

Vincent Gallo

Beginner
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
You've really toned down your enthusiasm a lot. Has the love cooled off ?

You're laughing! No no, it's just that i saw that it began quite unbearable to you.. But i never loved Vikash as i love him today. I'm so proud of him.. Each time he plays he shows that he can be one of the best world's players.. he's almost everytime the best Milan's player, like yesterday. When the team is bad, he carry on runnig for the ball, try always to accelerate.. he's an incredible player.. And i think that when Kaka will find his better level, like Gattuso and Sheva, with Vik and Pirlo, this team will be great..
Hope Vik is gonna play against Manchester.. Forza Milano Forza Vikash

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
wow... what a shocker, i didnt see the match (as always) so, no comment from me but this might jeopardize our chance to win the serie A this season... as far as the CL goes, that one is still safe...

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
Rivaldo-11 said:
Thats where the Manager comes into play.
You're totally right. I don't know what's up with Ancelotti, yesterday he really sucked. And he was tottaly slow in making replacements. Rui Costa should have been in the game much more early. And what the hell is wrong with Gatusso and Seedorf. I haven't seen them suck this bad in a long time. It's just as discussed in the Pirlo thread. It's like Seedorf and Gatusso are Pirlo's bodyguards, and without him to support they're tottaly useless. Why has Ancelotti played Ambrosini from the start? He couldn't see that in our last few games, whenever he put in Ambrosini Milan stopped playing? Ahh, have you seen a clear chance(maybe except Kaka's shot that hit the post) of scorring for us? Neah. I just don't wanna see this type of play again. Ancelotti is also responsible for the poor form of some of our players for not rotating them enough. Surely, if Costa doesn't play at least a game a month he can't be blamed for not suppling at least a good cross. And what the hell is wrong with him playing Stam,...ohh I'm sorry...why the hell did we transfer Stam for ??? Anyway, I just hope something changes, cause without Pirlo our team doesn't really play. I'm really sorry for Nesta for being frustrated by the way the team played yesterday. Maybe if other players would be more of professionals like him, the team would play at its best anytime. I wanna see more of a Chelsea-er Milan, if you know what I mean!!!

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
r3dman said:
And what the hell is wrong with him playing Stam,...ohh I'm sorry...why the hell did we transfer Stam for ???
To be our 'rock', didn't you know ? ;) One of the most idiotic transfers ever, considering his age + all the expenses.
r3dman said:
I wanna see more of a Chelsea-er Milan, if you know what I mean!!!
Yea, they truly rock this season. I hate them but I respect them a lot for what they do, for their team spirit, their determination, sth Milan is so lacking this season. Mourinho is not the overrated big talker I thought he was, he really really is the best coach around + a certain amount of arrogance based on impeccable performance week in week out is allright with me .......

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
Do we always have to be compared unfavourably to whoever's top of the Premiership? Last year, whenever we slipped up everybody harped on about how good Arsenal are and I see now that it is Chelsea.

Don't get me wrong, I'm English, but we're talking about a league that seldom wins anything in the Champions League.

Until we draw these teams in the CL, I question its relevance.

Though I suppose if you follow a team in every league I suppose there's a logic. What's Championship manager like this year?

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We don't compare the flavour of the year EPL team, we compare attitudes + Chelsea's this year is so much a cut above the rest that it is worthy to take a closer look + maybe even emulate what's good. If you prefer to sit in your ivory tower, fine, but don't be surprised if celebrating yourself a tad too often might leave you with nothing to celebrate in the end.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
us_bombs said:
The conditions were horrible
They were horrible for Livorno as well, I didn't see the sun shine around their players.

us_bombs said:
and i bet our stars weren't motivated in the least to go down to livorno and play in a shitty stadium on a shitty rainy day...
Why don't you apply as a personal umbrella holder to our *stars* ? :o Maybe it will lift their morale if they can strut across the pitch VIP-style ?

us_bombs said:
we're 5 points off juventus...that can easily be made up if we play to our potential.
Sure. E a s i l y . And just because you say so. If they don't discard their cocky 'tude quick it won't happen, let alone easily.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Horrible game!!!!!!!!! We sucked big time, I slept during the second half since nobody actually did something. The whole team sucked, Carlo sucked, just the worst game of the season.
Well, I still have hope, come on, alright I know this is a tendency we beat a team like 4-0 in San Siro, Juventus loses points away and we are all happy, and the next week we lose points and Juventus wins....but I really feel that there has to be a point in the season were Juventus won't be able to hold that way for long...and will get the first position.
This is a wake up call for the team, and I say is better that it comes right now in January than in the end for scudetto race.
The fans have to keep optimistic, if not then what's the point in supporting the team? Come on, now it's not the time to not support the team just because you feel Juventus is going to win this.
FORZA MILAN!!!!!!

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Passion for *9* said:
They were horrible for Livorno as well, I didn't see the sun shine around their players.

Why don't you apply as a personal umbrella holder to our *stars* ? :o Maybe it will lift their morale if they can strut across the pitch VIP-style ?

Sure. E a s i l y . And just because you say so. If they don't discard their cocky 'tude quick it won't happen, let alone easily.

Yeah I agree with Pass on this one!I mean WTF if it rained?Are we suppose to play good just in sunny and perfect conditions????The bad weather,the bad pitch are no excuses guys!!!!

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Passion for *9* said:
I can't agree with you, Kyara, nowhere did I see the childish attitude you accuse Livorno of. Livorno really started to dominate + almost played Milan dizzy with their brilliant superquick attacks + we can't thank Dida enough for making the defeat look bearable - anyway, I thought it was clearly the other way round: The more time elapsed the more fouls Milan committed + the more Milan complained. It's the same scenario every time Milan seem to run out of time to get a result... spirit, motivation, determination fall rather than rise :o
Now now, you're making me doubt that we've watched the same match :tongue: Livorno, by the way, is third in rank when it comes to the number of fouls committed this season, following Juve and Siena, which makes it a 'style' of play for them :rolleyes:
In the second half at least, since that was all I watched, there were 3 or 4 occassions when the Livorno players gathered around Farina complaining about his decisions even when they were just some simple fouls that require no fuss ... I think you remember Alessandro Lucarelli's incident with Sheva, when even after pushing him inside the box he nearly slapped Sheva on the eye and should've gotten a red card for that :o I don't deny, nevertheless, Livorno's organized attempts to score although our slow defense that day had its influence on making them seem 'super'!

Passion for *9* said:
The bad bad ref... Ah well, I'm sooooooo tired of this constant fingerpointing. Are we so dependent on a Milan-friendly ref to win our matches ? I've watched a ton of replays of all the questionable + potentially match-changing decisions + 'we wuz NOT robbed' is all there is to say !
I'm not asking for a Milan-friendly coach, all I'm asking for is a coach who knows what he's doing and apparently Farina didn't ... Putting a portion of the blame on the ref does not necessarily mean that we want him to make decisions in our favour ... It only means that if he had taken the correct decisions from the beginning the match would've taken a different direction and our reaction, hence, would've differed as well ... The team wasn't in its best conditions, agreed, but a pathetic ref who does not blow his whistle for an obvious penalty on the last minutes only makes things more difficult, that is a fact ... One point makes a lot of difference after all ...

Passion for *9* said:
I absolutely hate Kaka's proneness to taking out his frustration by committing fouls, I hate stupid reactions of the kind that earned Nesta red, I hate the helplessness, the uninspiredness, the mental + physical slowness of our players when under pressure. What do they expect, that the small sides surrender to Milan's alleged superiority without a fight ? They have become so fuckin cocky, it's unbearable sometimes. Matches like this might serve as a lesson in humility, let's hope at least.
"................"
Precision... where the fuck has Kaka' lost his ?? He plays one half-decent match + everyone hails him + then he is back to his usual self of this season: losing a ton of balls, lacking ideas + precision + getting frustrated easily. Seeing him play like that reminds me of the proverbial one-trick pony + I wonder if it really was only his name that prevented Juve from signing him ;) Maybe it helps if we accept him as just another ordinary player, rather than expect him to be a new football god....
You're being too harsh on the young man ;) Even though I'm not very convinced by his performances this season, but he's had his good moments and the fuss people make over each goal he scores is not his fault after all ... It is a fact that Kaka is one of the players who are most fouled in Milan and I don't think I'm the only one who has noticed that ... Being tightly marked and fouled every time he touches the ball would normally frustrate any youngster like him, particularly one who loves wide spaces that were easy to find last season, but not anymore ... I'm not trying to make excuses for him, but remember that if we keep asking for youngsters in the team, we are expected to give them time to adapt and change which will take time and effort, not only from them but from the team as well ... Kaka's only 22 now, moving from Brazil where people dance with the ball to Italy were the ball is kept in a box would surely affect his performance ... For someone his age, what he has accomplished so far is amazing enough for people to have high expectations of him, yet again for every player time and patience is definitely needed ... He has the speed, the techniques and the vision, what he needs now is to learn how to find his way round the tough marking and deal with his frustrations on the pitch and Milan will have to be patient and supportive enough to make him the player who will bring victories ...
That's when we'll see a complete and well rounded Ricky En Sha Allah :star: That's when Juve will keep regretting their false choice, regardless of its reasons ;)

FORZA MILAN!!!

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
haven't seen the match but heard that we sucked big time. As I strongly believe beforehand, CRESPO is a cancer to this team and MILAN is lacking a striiker beside SHEVA big time. Even though INZAGHI and SHEVA don't pair up that good, but with the poor form of JDT this year and carcinogenic CRESPO, I don't think that we would going far without being lucky or relying too much on individual brilliance of SHEVA and KAKA. Also, dfense can't make any fault. If they do, we are out !!

Why the hell CRESPO has to score a meaning less hattrick against LEECE and score two goals agaisnt SHAKTAR.

I guess, he can stay quite for another month and again score a few goals against a poor team from SERIE A and then get a new contract as does everybody else in MILAN.

GALLIANO wake up and admit we need a great striker beside SHEVA !@#$%^&*!

NeSTa_86

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
we have to forget that game.Our players have to begin to play again well as the real milan

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kyara said:
Now now, you're making me doubt that we've watched the same match :tongue:
Hm, as usual I left my red-black tinted glasses in the drawer, it might explain the marginally different opinions ;)

Kyara said:
Livorno, by the way, is third in rank when it comes to the number of fouls committed this season, following Juve and Siena, which makes it a 'style' of play for them
Tactical fouls can be rather useful :D but no matter what I didn't think they went over the top during that match. And in the 2nd half it was definitely Milan who committed more fouls, that's a bit of a pattern with them, growing frustration with result + opponent => increased foul rate

Kyara said:
In the second half at least, since that was all I watched, there were 3 or 4 occassions when the Livorno players gathered around Farina complaining about his decisions even when they were just some simple fouls that require no fuss ...
I think I saw Milan players equally theatrical. The drama is just part of the Italian game, can't single out one team for sth everyone does.

Kyara said:
I think you remember Alessandro Lucarelli's incident with Sheva, when even after pushing him inside the box he nearly slapped Sheva on the eye and should've gotten a red card for that
Ah ah ah... you mean after Sheva's BLATANT DIVE that you failed to recognize ? Well, to tell you the truth, I'd have been equally pissed off if Mr. Golden Ball had tried to pull his little act on me :o

Kyara said:
I don't deny, nevertheless, Livorno's organized attempts to score although our slow defense that day had its influence on making them seem 'super'!
Credit where it belongs: To Livorno. Not only our defense was slow + enabled them to execute their game plan. After 20 minutes they looked rather helpless in every regard + area of the pitch.

Kyara said:
I'm not asking for a Milan-friendly coach, all I'm asking for is a coach who knows what he's doing and apparently Farina didn't ... Putting a portion of the blame on the ref does not necessarily mean that we want him to make decisions in our favour ... It only means that if he had taken the correct decisions from the beginning the match would've taken a different direction and our reaction, hence, would've differed as well ... The team wasn't in its best conditions, agreed, but a pathetic ref who does not blow his whistle for an obvious penalty on the last minutes only makes things more difficult, that is a fact ... One point makes a lot of difference after all ...
You do realize that this last minute penalty would have been in Livorno's favour ? And same goes for the first 'miss' of Farina... Livorno would have been 2 up before Milan had a chance on a gift. As I said, if you wanna be a nitpicker you gotta count all his alleged mistakes + can't just omit those decisions who might have brought an advantage to the opponent. I still think there weren't many wrong decisions at all. All the could-be should-be penalties at a closer look proved rather inexistent. And yea, Sheva dived ;)

Kyara said:
You're being too harsh on the young man ;) Even though I'm not very convinced by his performances this season, but he's had his good moments and the fuss people make over each goal he scores is not his fault after all ...
They make more fuss over the ones he's been missing this season :tongue: He's gotta learn to live with the pressure of people + club having expectations now after his impressive season + the honours he has received... I decidedly won't be the one who wraps him up in cotton wool, this role doesn't suit me well :D If he currently struggles he just has to make a bigger effort.. Not on the set of the next photo shooting for Armani, but on the pitch.

Kyara said:
It is a fact that Kaka is one of the players who are most fouled in Milan and I don't think I'm the only one who has noticed that ... Being tightly marked and fouled every time he touches the ball would normally frustrate any youngster like him, particularly one who loves wide spaces that were easy to find last season, but not anymore ...
Ahm yea, don’t make him look like the poor poor innocent victim ;) To complete the picture it should be mentioned that he also has taken on diving + committing fouls himself. The prob in his play is his keeping the ball for too long, he just likes to pick it up + run with it + this of course makes him an easy target for those evil opponents. He needs to pass more + quicker + move more without the ball, but I admit that’s hard to do when he is surrounded by an uninspired SlowmotionSeedorf at his worst + acceleration + creativity rests on his narrow shoulders . And of course he’s a lot more aware of what a burden pressure + expectations can be… Still.. None of the excuses + far-fetched justifications fully explain his lack of form. He seems weaker physically, weaker mentally, confused, more selfish, he shoots when he should pass + passes when he should shoot….

Kyara said:
I'm not trying to make excuses for him, but remember that if we keep asking for youngsters in the team, we are expected to give them time to adapt and change which will take time and effort, not only from them but from the team as well ... Kaka's only 22 now, moving from Brazil where people dance with the ball to Italy were the ball is kept in a box would surely affect his performance ...
Yea, of course it goes without saying that he needs time to adapt. But he took last year in stride which should have given him confidence to deal with new challenges in his 2nd season, yet the opposite seems true + regardless of what he claims in interviews, he *looks* out of sorts.. frustrated.. helpless.. + it begs the question if he *is* adaptable enough to change his game. Right now it takes so little to neutralize him, that’s why I made the rather unkind 1-trick pony reference.

Kyara said:
For someone his age, what he has accomplished so far is amazing enough for people to have high expectations of him, yet again for every player time and patience is definitely needed ...
Thing is, can Milan afford to have patience ? Last year Kaka’ seemed to make all the difference, though he had his occasional off match of course, but the rest of the squad IMO played on a better level too, be it Gattuso or JDT, or Pirlo or Seedorf during his amazing 6-match roll :o Right now there is noone available who is capable of compensating Kaka’s lack of form. We + the management gladly surrendered to our delusion that Kaka’ is the cure-all for all our previous problems. He isn’t. And that’s why it is so important to face the facts + make 2 or 3 new quality signings if we want to remain competitive + take some pressure off Kaka's shoulders.

Kyara said:
He has the speed, the techniques and the vision, what he needs now is to learn how to find his way round the tough marking
Keeping it simple is the solution. He shouldn’t try to be another Ronaldinho. Not in Italy. And he isn’t anyway ;)

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
Hm, as usual I left my red-black tinted glasses in the drawer, it might explain the marginally different opinions ;)
And put on "insert-opponent-color" tinted glasses on? ;) Isn't it a wonder why everytime the referee's unjust to Milan you are the first to disagree? In this match there were at least 4 dubious incidents of penalties in our favor and one for Livorno ... RaiSport's highlights showed them all:
Click to watch

The corner where Hernan was almost out of his cloths with the defender pulling his jersey, and Sheva's clash with the keeper were he was CLEARLY tackled without the ball at the end, those two cannot be missed with a blind eye :o Note that with this crazy injustice, the team would normally get frustrated and sick of the refereeing ...

Passion for *9* said:
Ah ah ah... you mean after Sheva's BLATANT DIVE that you failed to recognize ? Well, to tell you the truth, I'd have been equally pissed off if Mr. Golden Ball had tried to pull his little act on me :o
There WAS a push, even if some people considered it shoulder to shoulder (which I don't agree with), there would still be a push and he therefore normally fell ... You know and I know that Sheva's not a diver, he left that profession to its master ;) :D

Passion for *9* said:
You do realize that this last minute penalty would have been in Livorno's favour ? And same goes for the first 'miss' of Farina... Livorno would have been 2 up before Milan had a chance on a gift. As I said, if you wanna be a nitpicker you gotta count all his alleged mistakes + can't just omit those decisions who might have brought an advantage to the opponent. I still think there weren't many wrong decisions at all. All the could-be should-be penalties at a closer look proved rather inexistent. And yea, Sheva dived ;)
I did not omit any decisions that could've been in Livorno's favour as I've mentioned previously in my match report that there was a dubious incident in Lucarelli's favour, that was BEFORE they scored ... But the number of penalties that weren't given to us would surely end the match in our favor, if that's how you wanna count it :rolleyes:

NeSTa_86

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
from that match began our problems.I hope that we will beat messina tonight

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kyara said:
And put on "insert-opponent-color" tinted glasses on? Isn't it a wonder why everytime the referee's unjust to Milan you are the first to disagree? In this match there were at least 4 dubious incidents of penalties in our favor and one for Livorno ... RaiSport's highlights showed them all:
And ? What does it prove ? Nothing, unless you wear your red-black tinted glasses. Can't we just stop accusing the ref all the time when we fail to win a match by our own devices ? It's getting sooo old + is a reaction normally sooo typical of Inter whiners, I won't join in, sorry.

Kyara said:
The corner where Hernan was almost out of his cloths with the defender pulling his jersey
Every ref seems to have his own policy on shirt tugging + often a lenient one. Besides it looked more like Crespo losing his balance + stumbling backwards cos he's out of fuckin shape, the RAI pic doesn't prove anything IMO.

Kyara said:
and Sheva's clash with the keeper were he was CLEARLY tackled without the ball at the end,
Nope. Sheva jumped into + over the goalie, both have an eye on the ball, their paths just crossed + they crashed. As simple as that.

Kyara said:
There WAS a push, even if some people considered it shoulder to shoulder (which I don't agree with), there would still be a push and he therefore normally fell ... You know and I know that Sheva's not a diver, he left that profession to its master
Oh no, that universal accusation doesn't fly here. Sheva dived plain + simple. He dives as much as anyone else. And this one was particularly ridiculous + obvious. Next time he should try to fall with less drama ;)

Kyara said:
I did not omit any decisions that could've been in Livorno's favour as I've mentioned previously in my match report that there was a dubious incident in Lucarelli's favour, that was BEFORE they scored ... But the number of penalties that weren't given to us would surely end the match in our favor, if that's how you wanna count it
There was one in injury time, probably the clearest of them all when even my dad demanded a penalty. In favour of Livorno. I can't remember the players involved, Livorno were attacking on the left + one of their players was pushed over in the area. And strangely there was no replay, it would have muted all those who keep insisting on Milan being robbed.

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
Every ref seems to have his own policy on shirt tugging + often a lenient one. Besides it looked more like Crespo losing his balance + stumbling backwards cos he's out of fuckin shape, the RAI pic doesn't prove anything IMO.
DzlItem1371.jpg

DzlItem1413.jpg

Passion for *9* said:
Nope. Sheva jumped into + over the goalie, both have an eye on the ball, their paths just crossed + they crashed. As simple as that.
Nope, it's not as simple as that, if the goalie failed to clear the ball and tackled the player instead then it's a penalty ... Otherwise every keeper will come in a player's way and claim they've just crashed ;)

DzlItem1431.jpg

Passion for *9* said:
Oh no, that universal accusation doesn't fly here. Sheva dived plain + simple. He dives as much as anyone else. And this one was particularly ridiculous + obvious. Next time he should try to fall with less drama ;)
DzlItem1417.jpg

DzlItem1421.jpg
DzlItem1422.jpg

No more comments ;)

Thanx to www.acmilanclub.com for the pics :)