The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 20-08-2012, 18:02   #81
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
Pazzini is as skill less a striker as they come. His main attribute is poaching. Think of him as a less instinctive/effective version of Pippo

So let me ask this, what is the point of getting a striker who thrives from crosses from the wings, creativity from the middle to open up space etc when we don't have anyone who can give him that?

Not to mention, dude is more or less a less effective version of Boriello at the top level...

At the very least, if we even do get him, why the fuck pay 7m PLUS Cassano? Sure Galliani the transfer genius that everyone suggests he is can get a better deal for a striker that has been frozen out by his team?

Most overrated GM in history
excuse me?

he is a very consistent finisher. That's a skill right there. Probably the main skill you want from a CF.

2010/11- 20 goals, 94 shots
2009/10- 19 goals, 75 shots
2008/9- 11 goals, 43 shots (half season)

50 goals, 212 shots. I mean what more do you really want?

Borriello would kill for that record.

-

and fyi, he's worth more than cassano cause
1. he's not fat/lazy/heart conditioned
2. he doesnt have a massive history of being a trouble maker
3. he's younger
4. he scores. The most important thing a CF can do.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 18:20   #82
Pedro
iedereen is gek

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
3. he's younger
Cassano aint a CF, so that one is irrelevant. If anything Cassano stats are more impressive, just look at the amount of assists he gave for us, plus a few goals as well.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 18:34   #83
Shiby
Bandwagon hopper

Fav. Players: Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Becks

This deal is Senatore approved?

I am on board. Bring Pazzo.

Signature

Shiby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 18:43   #84
sushanmilano
Nostalgia....

Fav. Players: Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol

Quote:
excuse me?

he is a very consistent finisher. That's a skill right there. Probably the main skill you want from a CF.

-

3. he's younger

Sure he can score a few, but you are forgetting that this is probably the most uncreative team in the history of football.

Signature
sushanmilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 18:48   #85
Papa B
Primavera Player

People here seems to foget one thing about Cassano, he is running his last year of his contract IIRC. If he is unhappy do you think he will be renewing? Now we actually can get something of him, and actually get in exhange a type of player we need much more. Maybe Cassano is now a better player but do not forget he is over 30, had stroke, is lazy and temperamental and not a type of player we actually need... do you even want to renew his contract after this year or should you get the money out of him as you still can?
Papa B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 19:08   #86
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
Cassano aint a CF, so that one is irrelevant. If anything Cassano stats are more impressive, just look at the amount of assists he gave for us, plus a few goals as well.
Yeah, no issues with cassano's play

but cmon guy can;t play 90 and has a history 3 miles long of being a major problem when malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiby View Post
This deal is Senatore approved?

I am on board. Bring Pazzo.
depends on wages.

But cmon... we need a proper CF. We have zero.

Pato's not even 1 yet.

Anyone who has watched serie A consistently knows, you need a player like pazzo who can sniff goals v. teams that don't want to play.

Think about it... even if he's just a back up for pato..... let's assume this is pato's year he stays healthy, scores 20+ there will be games we r losing or drawing and need to turn a game.

If pazzo can help turn a few games, win some points. Could be a key to top 3 or not

Signature
Quote:
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB

Last edited by Senatore_M84; 20-08-2012 at 19:10.
Old 20-08-2012, 19:19   #87
samir10
Moaaarr Attackers :proud:

Fav. Players: Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme

What happened guys? Not so long ago Milan had Ibrahimović and now it's Pazzo time?

Signature

Last edited by samir10; 20-08-2012 at 19:21.
samir10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 19:27   #88
Ham3t1899
Il negretto di famiglia

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Van Basten, C.Valderrama, Z.Ibra, T.Silva, Kessie, Rodriguez, Locatelli, Belotti

Quote:
Originally Posted by samir10 View Post
What happened guys? Not so long ago Milan had Ibrahimović and now it's Pazzo time?

wow he slipped, that makes him worst player ever! Ibra to pazzini is a really big step backwards but pazzini isn't bad at all. better than Bendtner anyways. Milan fans will have to learn to roll with the punches.
Ham3t1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 19:32   #89
MilanZealot
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa B View Post
People here seems to foget one thing about Cassano, he is running his last year of his contract IIRC. If he is unhappy do you think he will be renewing? Now we actually can get something of him, and actually get in exhange a type of player we need much more. Maybe Cassano is now a better player but do not forget he is over 30, had stroke, is lazy and temperamental and not a type of player we actually need... do you even want to renew his contract after this year or should you get the money out of him as you still can?
You have a very good point.
MilanZealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 19:43   #90
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

it's funny how all of a sudden, since we're gonna get pazzo he's the 'worst' of the 3?

nah, i prefer borriello and matri for personal reasons, but Pazzo is clearly the best player of the 3.

Hes got the best record of the 3. Performed at highest levels of the 3.

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 20-08-2012, 19:43   #91
Hitman
Banned

Cassano for sure should leave, 100%. But not for Cassano + 7m = Pazzini.

Pazzini is the worst striker in Italy, he's even worse than Gilardino. It is so sad how hopeless he has become at Inter. He will never, ever find success at any Serie A team again until the end of his career. He lacks the quality, the talent, and the character to do so. This is the worst Milan deal I will ever witness.
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 19:50   #92
Pedro
iedereen is gek

Quote:
Yeah, no issues with cassano's play

but cmon guy can;t play 90 and has a history 3 miles long of being a major problem when malcontent
I'm just disappointed Milan has to add 7 million. Should have been less considering Pazzini not being in the plans, not even got a number, and there was even talk about just ending the contract? Then 7 million seems a lot for an average 28 year old striker if you also give a quality player to them, and us being stingy. I thought Galliani was good in making deals...
Old 20-08-2012, 19:50   #93
Elio
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Rui Costa. Ibrahimovic. Nocerino. Prince. Robinho. El Shaarawy. Honda

I would rather have Pazzini than a player who does not want to be here and can leave for free next summer. Pazzo having one crap season does not make him a bad player; he had a very good goal scoring record at Sampdoria, can put away his chances and get us a goal when in need of one. Pazzini to score the winner for us against Inter in October
Elio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 19:53   #94
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
I'm just disappointed Milan has to add 7 million. Should have been less considering Pazzini not being in the plans, not even got a number, and there was even talk about just ending the contract? Then 7 million seems a lot for an average 28 year old striker if you also give a quality player to them, and us being stingy. I thought Galliani was good in making deals...
it's 7 mil over 3 years, like 2.3 a year. Meh.

AKA it gives us flexibility. As far as I know, its a personal issue between pazzini and inter.

Considering inter paid what 18 mil for him 18 months ago, and he did score 11 goals in 14 games for inter in 2011, so we can't call him a flop. He was awful when inter was overall awful in early 11/12. Milito hit form over him.

Remember how milito was awesome, crap, then came good? To think Pazzo won't come good is a bad idea. I mean 12 months ago, everyone would havce said 'milito's TRASH' and then he bounced back.

He's really not average. He's a pretty quality player and always been seen as such, even winning young player awards.

I think he's actually pretty ideal for a pato back up, because he's reliable/knows how to play. And we NEED a proper CF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elio View Post
I would rather have Pazzini than a player who does not want to be here and can leave for free next summer. Pazzo having one crap season does not make him a bad player; he had a very good goal scoring record at Sampdoria, can put away his chances and get us a goal when in need of one. Pazzini to score the winner for us against Inter in October
pretty much.

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 20-08-2012, 19:55   #95
Shiby
Bandwagon hopper

Fav. Players: Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Becks

Cassano! So good!

No money! Straight swap!

Barca pay 10mil+Messi! NOOOOW

Signature

Shiby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 19:57   #96
Pedro
iedereen is gek

Quote:
it's 7 mil over 3 years, like 2.3 a year. Meh.

AKA it gives us flexibility. As far as I know, its a personal issue between pazzini and inter.

Considering inter paid what 18 mil for him 18 months ago, and he did score 11 goals in 14 games for inter in 2011, so we can't call him a flop. He was awful when inter was overall awful in early 11/12. Milito hit form over him.

Remember how milito was awesome, crap, then came good? To think Pazzo won't come good is a bad idea.

He's really not average. He's a pretty quality player and always been seen as such, even winning young player awards.

I think he's actually pretty ideal for a pato back up, because he's reliable/knows how to play. And we NEED a proper CF
Let's say he's between average and quality in, but whatevs. I also wanted him, and I would have not been disappointed with the worth of the deal if it wasn't for Inter forcing him out. He's a good add for Milan. We desperatly needed a striker, and I prefer him over both Borriello and Matri.

I also feel like that (Bolded part).
Old 20-08-2012, 19:59   #97
ladro
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
excuse me?

What is this? Why are u posting these stats, what does this suppose to prove anyway? Goals per shot.........yeah this really tells something about the player.

Speaking of confident finishing since he seems like a milan player now i really hope he isnt the same sorry excuse of a finisher he was last year. The sitters he missed from point blank rival those of robinho. Sadly unlike ribinho finishing is the only thing he is supposedly good at.

Who knows. He is 28. Its not like id be the 1st time someone would start to deteriorate at that age.

So hopefully he really was just.........uhh, traumatized by the cold FC Internazionale environment. But dayum, he must have suffered some severe setback to miss all those sitters. Moratti dropping his yellow dentures in his coffe or something is the only thing i can think of that could have unsettle him THAT badly.
ladro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 20:02   #98
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

for what it's worth....

robinho's crossing v. cassano

2011/12, 2010/11 OVERALL Crossing %
robinho 24/71, 19/60, 43/131 32.8%
cassano 21/62, 24/66 45/126 25.7%

Cassano is the better crosser, but not by A LOT. Robinho can set up a lot of goals.

With CF being Pato (who robinho always worked well with) and Pazzini , who has excellent offball movement, we should see a lot more headers type goals.

If we did manage to add kaka.... it'd only be better... as he and robinho have great chemistry and both pato and pazzini would thrive

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 20-08-2012, 20:04   #99
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illadro80 View Post
What is this? Why are u posting these stats, what does this suppose to prove anyway? Goals per shot.........yeah this really tells something about the player.
he had a horrible season.

but he's history says he's a good finisher and beyond that.... he is a smart CF, who knows how to get into position.

And yeah it is telling, compare his record (even including his god-awful 11/12) hes' still scored more goals and been more clinical than borriello and matri

Signature
Quote:
#RnB
Old 20-08-2012, 20:06   #100
Coupdegrâce
Banned

Quote:
Remember how milito was awesome, crap, then came good? To think Pazzo won't come good is a bad idea. I mean 12 months ago, everyone would havce said 'milito's TRASH' and then he bounced back.
Hardly relevant considering Milito is a way superior player. Always has been and always will be.
Coupdegrâce is offline   Reply With Quote