Vieira to Real, but what this about Sheva?

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Adios! Vieira £30m Real deal is on
- By Ian McGarry - ESPN SoccerNet - Tuesday, May 7, 2002

Patrick Vieira will play his last game for Arsenal this week and sign for Real Madrid in the summer for £30million.

Vieira has agreed personal terms with Real and after winning the FA Cup last weekend told a close friend that even adding the Premiership title would not influence his decision.

Real expect to pay around £30m for Arsenal's forceful midfielder, even though they were quoted a figure £10m higher than that when they made extended attempts to wrest him from Highbury last July.

But they believe that the general recession in the transfer market makes the adjusted price a more realistic one.

The France international has two years left on his Arsenal contract. However, the club's vice-chairman David Dein admitted that they could not afford to risk a player of his value leaving on a Bosman free.

Dein and manager Arsene Wenger remain hopeful that 25-year-old Vieira might change his mind and sign a new deal at Arsenal but it is significant that they have made provision for his departure by entering into negotiations for possible replacements, with PSV Eindhoven's Marc van Bommel top of their list.

Real have been freed to move for Vieira more quickly than they expected after it became financially feasible to recruit him and AC Milan striker Andriy Shevchenko during the close season.

Real's sport director Jorge Valdano had intimated that the club would not be able to afford the estimated £65m it will cost for both players and that a player to partner Raul would take precedence.

A deal to sell striker Fernando Morientes to Roma for £20m has since been agreed, however, allowing Real to offset the cost of buying the Ukraine forward and leaving the door open for another high-profile purchase.

In a further twist, Milan have reluctantly bowed to Shevchenko's request to leave, but only when they can be sure of completing the transfer chain by signing Roma's Vincenzo Montella.

Losing Vieira will be a particularly heavy loss to Wenger as he attempts to build on the success of this season but even his intervention will not prevent him from leaving.

Patrick respects Arsene's opinion but this is a matter where even winning the Double will not affect his final decision,' a friend of Vieira said yesterday.

A source close to Real president Florentino Perez yesterday confirmed that Vieira's signing was expected to be tied up as soon as the English season is over.

Meanwhile, another of Arsenal's Frenchmen, striker Robert Pires, was yesterday questioned by magistrates investigating the finances of Olympique Marseille but said there were no charges against him.

Pires signed for Marseille from Metz in 1998 and left the former European champions two seasons later to join Arsenal.

He said: 'The magistrates wanted to know about the circumstances around those transfers, my salaries and bonuses paid on signature. I told them nothing they did not already know.

'There is nothing alarming, no big deal. I have nothing to be blamed for. I was wise to leave Marseille because nothing's changed. It's still the same old mess.'

The Footballer of the Year, who will miss the World Cup Finals after suffering a knee injury, arrived by taxi with his leg in plaster and left after an hour.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone one heard anything about this??? I get so f*#@ing tired of Real. I hate that club even more than Man. U.!!! I hope some one gives them wha they deserve.
Axe_anim.gif
. I dream that Milan will be that team.

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
eek2.gif

what to hell is that!? i don't believe.
i checked on soccerage.com and i coudn't fin anything. probably abother stupid rumour... :head:

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Shave will never leave. The same with those imbeciles journalists. They'll never stop posting crap. Shave exch Figo, then Sheva to Real, then Sheva wants to leave then Valdano says they ain't interested because Sheva won nothing blah blah blah. I'd love to have Montella in Milan, but Sheva will NEVER be sold!

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
i read on soccernet.com that we will also sell inzaghi because montela and inzaghi can't play togehter. btw, we are buying montela. it's 'almost' official.

how accurate this can be!? :rolleyes:

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
I think that selling Inzaghi to bring on Montella would be stupid. Montella is great and I would love to have him, but not at the expense of giving up Pippo. It would be nice if they could play together and he could play 3 fowards. Inzaghi, Sheva, and Montella. What a combo! :devil2: !

David - you are right these journalists are so F***ing annonying. I can't figure out who I hate more layers or journalists. It is a pretty close race. also, should this topic be moved to Players?

Alex

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I don't want to see Inzaghi leave, even for Montella.

By the way, sometimes journalists wrote what we called: "worthless rumors"

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
scharatz said:
i read on soccernet.com that we will also sell inzaghi because montela and inzaghi can't play togehter. btw, we are buying montela. it's 'almost' official.

Almost official? Where have you heard that? Most of those stupid sites use terms such as those to make the story more believable! There is not such thing as almost official. The only sure thing is when you see it on acmilan.com. The rest is bullshit. They make up 4323434287 rumors and they get one right and they brag about it all year long, ignoring the other 4323434286.

Forza MILAN!

Montella is fantastic. I'd give Roma Gattuso + Chamot + Billy + Roque + $5 mil. for him. But NEVER Inzaghi NOR Shevchenko.

Forza MILAN!

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
What!?!?!?!?!
And what about this:
"Adriano Galliani has again maintained that Andriy Shevchenko will not be sold by Milan this summer.

Speculation has increased recently that Shev could be on his way to either Real Madrid or even Roma at the end of this campaign.

But despite a lack-lustre season, the Ukrainian striker has been told that his future lies with the Rossoneri.'

What's this.I though that it's for sure that they won't sell him.That is stupid.
And also Inzaghi??????/
Montell maybe it's good but not enough like Sheva and pippo together.They mustn't sell them.And we need new difenders and not forwards.

Rex

Reaction score
Maybe if the crap news come up again, we will throw it away to the garbish!!! :eek: :D

Serbian Rossoneri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
David said:
scharatz said:

Almost official? Where have you heard that? Most of those stupid sites use terms such as those to make the story more believable! There is not such thing as almost official. The only sure thing is when you see it on acmilan.com. The rest is bullshit. They make up 4323434287 rumors and they get one right and they brag about it all year long, ignoring the other 4323434286.

Forza MILAN!

Montella is fantastic. I'd give Roma Gattuso + Chamot + Billy + Roque + $5 mil. for him. But NEVER Inzaghi NOR Shevchenko.

Forza MILAN!

That's right
Only www.acmilan.com is offical for us
everything other is UNOFFICAL!!!!

and only when www.acmilan.com say that we will sign or sold someone (Like for Tomasson) is offical! I don't know did they say something for Cannavaro, but i am sure that they don't say anything for Montela