M'baye Niang Thread

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Is there another 18 year old starter in the big clubs? Only one I can think of is Sterling, but Liverpool aren't really a big club to me.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
Is there another 18 year old starter in the big clubs? Only one I can think of is Sterling, but Liverpool aren't really a big club to me.

They a big club, bit of a joke club, but 11 european trophies isnt somethnig you can discredit.

Young_AC

Primavera
Reaction score

No because they should be on the BENCH just like him. He lacks finishing and passing. No other BIG team would start a kid for 6 games in a row who hasn't scored and has one assist. Bojan got benched at his age at Barcelona after scoring 11 goals.

Niang will be lucky to score 3 this year. He is part of the reason we are struggling he should be developing slowly by subs. It is not enough to play defense and run around. He is a striker not a midfielder.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
No because they should be on the BENCH just like him. He lacks finishing and passing. No other BIG team would start a kid for 6 games in a row who hasn't scored and has one assist. Bojan got benched at his age at Barcelona after scoring 11 goals.

Niang will be lucky to score 3 this year. He is part of the reason we are struggling he should be developing slowly by subs. It is not enough to play defense and run around. He is a striker not a midfielder.

He's been good

He does other things

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Niang has started and cemented his position because :GASP:

He's been better than the alternatives! SHOCK HORROR!

A winger who... doesn't ..score??

We are one of the form teams of Europe thanks to us playing Niang at RW because he can do everything well.

My fucking god.

The fucking stupidity of some people.

If we didn't have Niang, you'd be complaining that we had no talent. If we had him but didn't play him, you'd be screaming at Allegri for not playing him.

Grow the fuck up and savour the fact that we have a fucking prodigious forward in the team.

Now that Allegri is doing well, there has to be new targets, and it's Niang. Out of every player, it's one of the brightest talents we've had in years? SERIOUSLY?

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score

He lacks finishing yes but not passing. The attack works, we score goals, as long as the central defence is a mess and we keep conceding unnecessary goals I wouldn´t call his input part of the problem, I even think his quota of good games is above most of our players.
Shure its not ideal that he has to start all games and no one is there who would deserve to get some of them but on the other side our management wants to rebuild from scratch during 3 years so its actually fitting the plan.
I wouldn´t compare him to Bojan, I think due to his physical weakness its kinda his destiny to be a joker, Niang is much more sound technical and physical.

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
They a big club, bit of a joke club, but 11 european trophies isnt somethnig you can discredit.

agreed!.

The same disrespect showed to them, is the same disrespect people attempt to show Milan.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Niang, unlike Bojan, works very hard in defence and doesn't fuck around as much when he gets the ball. Also, he doesn't get pushed around. I would chose Niang over weak ass Bojan and "can't bother to care" Robinho any day of the week.

Bunnee

Milan Legend
Reaction score

That's putting a lot of effort into his talent and developing it. And he's developing with a speed of light. I don't really care where do we finish at the end of the season, I think our biggest trophies this season are De Sciglio, SES and Niang. But it would've been nice if we had finished in the CL area :D

Young_AC

Primavera
Reaction score
The team is not scoring goals, Balotelli is scoring goals. The kid does not create it is a lie. If we were losing Niang would not be playing. I don't think developing a player is telling him he is doing well when he really isn't. A striker that doesn't score does not play. Name another striker who starts for a team that doesn't score or have many assist.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
But we're not losing.

We're winning because our team is balanced. It's balanced because Niang is doing very well at RW. He can defend, he can attack.

He's fucking 18.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
He is playing as right winger not striker

Young_AC

Primavera
Reaction score
But we're not losing.

We're winning because our team is balanced. It's balanced because Niang is doing very well at RW. He can defend, he can attack.

He's fucking 18.

You think are team is balanced. We have not created any chances and we continue to concede. Are you insane or what Balotelli has scored are last four goals and two were from PK, and 1 was from a free kick.

Four players have scored since December 22nd: SES 1 goal, Bojan 2 goals, PAzzini 4 goals (2 pks), and Balo(stated above). If you want to say we have the correct balance you are crazy. 5 of our last 11 goals have come from a PK and a free kick. IF it wasn't for Balo we would still be in 5th or 6th place. Niang hasn't offered us anything.

Erik Lamela is a winger 11 goals, SES has many goals and there are plenty others scoring and providing assist lets get real. Niang is a talent but he hasn't been good enough to warrant Starting every game.

Young_AC

Primavera
Reaction score
That's putting a lot of effort into his talent and developing it. And he's developing with a speed of light. I don't really care where do we finish at the end of the season, I think our biggest trophies this season are De Sciglio, SES and Niang. But it would've been nice if we had finished in the CL area :D

You are delusional if you think he is developing at a speed of light. He hasn't been good enough to start. I don't think starting a player who hasn't converted his chances helps his development.

It makes an entitled Diva who thinks he should take a free kick. MARK MY WORDS he has become spoiled and he hasn't done anything to guarantee his place. If Milan buys a player who plays over him or if they decide to start
SES-PAZZO-Balo which I think will happen it is going to destroy his development. Once you give a kid a position you can't take it away without destroying their confidence.

Young_AC

Primavera
Reaction score
oi fucker still undefeated in 2013

now STFU, go wank yourself

Undefeated is great but we still haven't played any of the important teams yet. We won't win against good teams without creating chances or finishing chances.

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
You think are team is balanced. We have not created any chances and we continue to concede. Are you insane or what Balotelli has scored are last four goals and two were from PK, and 1 was from a free kick.

Four players have scored since December 22nd: SES 1 goal, Bojan 2 goals, PAzzini 4 goals (2 pks), and Balo(stated above). If you want to say we have the correct balance you are crazy. 5 of our last 11 goals have come from a PK and a free kick. IF it wasn't for Balo we would still be in 5th or 6th place. Niang hasn't offered us anything.

Erik Lamela is a winger 11 goals, SES has many goals and there are plenty others scoring and providing assist lets get real. Niang is a talent but he hasn't been good enough to warrant Starting every game.

i dont understand this. i didnt see the cagliari match, but i saw the udinese and the parma matches and we could've easily won those games by 3-4 goals. we are creating chances. when we attack we are dangerous. but our chemistry is poor considering niang only started 6 matches since he's been here; 3 with stephan and pazzini, and 3 with stephan and our brand new signing balotelli.

our current front three all know how to play football. one is 18, one is 20, and one is 22...and without proper chemistry among them as yet, they still manage to show a good understanding of each other's game. and they play darn well. the goalfests aren't coming no, but the more important thing is that we are winning and their confidence and form is rising so that eventually the goals that YOU are looking for will come.

Niang is a very good player who manages a committed fighting spirit in order to always earn his place over robinho. He's disciplined and he understands what he must do in order to become a better player. He works hard, and in alot of ways mirrors the work stephan did in the early part of this season. He's 18 years old. 18...If you cannot be patient with him, then go join inter; the team who show the same kind of attitude to their young players as you are doing now with Niang.

Niang earns his place over Robinho, Bojan and Pazzini...i cannot understand how you cannot see this; or would you rather one of the above 3 start? you really should tell us who you want to see on the pitch; obviously Niang is not good enough for you.:o

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Undefeated is great but we still haven't played any of the important teams yet. We won't win against good teams without creating chances or finishing chances.

fantastic point

you could even simplify it...we won't win these games if we do not score more than the other team

Dias

DAI DAI DAI
Reaction score

Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Henry, Iniesta, Pedro..

Robinho, Pazzo, SeS, Balo..

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
i still want to know who should start instead of Niang. Robinho, Pazzini or Bojan. I really want to hear this.

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
Niang has been very good (not even considering his age) since he started playing and that`s how he managed to cement his starting position. Someone said his passing is bad, what a load of crap that is.. His short passes are very good and he often makes a decent through ball, and every time he attempts a long ball it was successful as far as I remember.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Ikita is spot on, he is doing perfectly fine. I dont see any other 18 year old in serie a doing as much damage to the opposing team every week the way this kid has. He has tormented fullback on a consistent basis, give him a break. He is not even fully developed physically, he will get bigger eventually in a year or 2 and will most likely be even harder to mark him out of the game.

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score

Very very true. You are one of the few making a point that should be obvious to all. Very level headed analysis.

Niang has talent but is still too raw to be starting a lot of games. At this stage he needs to be given games slowly.
People on this forum want to kiss over any young player we have and that crowds out any level headed thinking.

Niang still has limited end product.

As for the "he is a winger not a striker meme", Lamela has scored 11 from the same position in half a season. El-Sharawwy 15.

Niang needs to improve drastically on his end product if we are going to keep starting him

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why do people keep mentioning Lamela? He doesn't play in our team. On our team, Niang is the best candidate for RW starting spot. Our other candidates:
KPB, not so good and he's needed in the midfield anyway.
Bojan, weak ass bitch + no defensive input whatsoever.
Robinho, lazy ass bitch, has his head in Brazil since last summer.

Now tell me, which one of these is better than Niang?

blaze

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic, El Shaarawy, T.Silva, Nesta, De Sciglio, Balotelli, Neymar, Pimp C, Bun B
Why do people keep mentioning Lamela? He doesn't play in our team. On our team, Niang is the best candidate for RW starting spot. Our other candidates:
KPB, not so good and he's needed in the midfield anyway.
Bojan, weak ass bitch + no defensive input whatsoever.
Robinho, lazy ass bitch, has his head in Brazil since last summer.

Now tell me, which one of these is better than Niang?

:thumbsup:

"niang hasn't offered us anything" fucking LOL

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Niang needs play time to mature. SES wasn't that amazing last year either.
Players don't just magically become stars overnight. Niang is already doing more than Robinho, Urby, KPB, Bojan did at RW spot.

He can cross! :eek:

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
Very very true. You are one of the few making a point that should be obvious to all. Very level headed analysis.

Niang has talent but is still too raw to be starting a lot of games. At this stage he needs to be given games slowly.
People on this forum want to kiss over any young player we have and that crowds out any level headed thinking.

Niang still has limited end product.

As for the "he is a winger not a striker meme", Lamela has scored 11 from the same position in half a season. El-Sharawwy 15.

Niang needs to improve drastically on his end product if we are going to keep starting him

And yet both Lamela and Ses are in their 2nd seasons at the respectivity clubs. Who also have 2 full seasons of fooball in their legs before this season. While Niang has played only 38 games in his whole career over 3 seasons. But hey dont let the truth get in the way of your agenda by all means.